HT Design Theater Seating - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 164Likes

post #31 of 1332 Old 12-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
Alan, I think I'm ready to order.... Southhampton Brown leather row of 4-curved.
ok, just sent you a PM, you can email our site at sales at Htmarket.com or call me at our toll free 888-764-9273. Brown is in stock. Sorry busy weekend, did not check forum till this Am.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1332 Old 12-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
ok, just sent you a PM, you can email our site at sales at Htmarket.com or call me at our toll free 888-764-9273. Brown is in stock. Sorry busy weekend, did not check forum till this Am.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
I placed an order today, looking forward to getting them. Thanks everyone for the reviews and pictures.

-Tom
post #33 of 1332 Old 12-16-2014, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ok after reading many reviews, I decided to order the brown curved 4 seat Southampton version. Placed the order last Friday the 12th and am now eagerly awaiting shipping information. I was told it would ship on Monday the 15th with (hopefully) delivery by the 19th/20th or so.
The pictures look stunning so I can't wait receiving the set.

Also I would be truly interested in the wine cubby and saw one with Seatcraft that looks good. Am wondering if tat one would fit the HT design grommet. Any advise appreciated.

I will give my honest (critical) review of the set as well once received and installed.

post #34 of 1332 Old 12-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

wine holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_SC View Post
Ok after reading many reviews, I decided to order the brown curved 4 seat Southampton version. Placed the order last Friday the 12th and am now eagerly awaiting shipping information. I was told it would ship on Monday the 15th with (hopefully) delivery by the 19th/20th or so.

Also I would be truly interested in the wine cubby and saw one with Seatcraft that looks good. Am wondering if tat one would fit the HT design grommet. Any advise appreciated.

I will give my honest (critical) review of the set as well once received and installed.
We have not tested there wine holder yet, we will and let you know.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #35 of 1332 Old 12-17-2014, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 33
These look like some nice seats. Looking to get 7 of some sort in the next month or so. Keeping an eye on this.
post #36 of 1332 Old 12-18-2014, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 48 View Post
These look like some nice seats. Looking to get 7 of some sort in the next month or so. Keeping an eye on this.
Email us when ready so we can help quote and configure, we also have other styles on our site. Paget Narrow seat with arm storage, somerset has adjustable headrest, southamptons as shown in this thread black and brown and new style devonshire with bent arm wood front.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #37 of 1332 Old 12-19-2014, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rougebear View Post
Hey Alan thanks for the help. I am actually in Las Vegas, NV. Roadrunner did pick it up on 11/26 estimated customer delivery 12/4 but I called them yesterday to set up a delivery and they told me it just left chicago yesterday 12/3? I know you have no control once it leaves your warehouse but my concern is why was it sitting for 7 days and how many times was it moved around? I also took today and tomorrow off from work in anticipation of setting these up. Not sure if you had issues with them in the past but a week delay for shipment is kinda ridiculous on there end.
My HTdesign south hampton chairs showed up but unfortunately one was defective and the arm was very loose and made a loud squeaky noise. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1B_iAHRZytdb1owRFU4eWhuMHc/view?usp=sharing.
After speaking with Alan he assured me this was more than likely a easy fix and that some screws/bolts just needed to be tightened and wanted to send a furniture repair tech out to take a look at it before sending out a replacement chair. After being reassured by Tom (customer rep) that if there was any damage or defect in the frame they would be sending out a new replacement chair I agreed to have a furniture repair tech come out and see if it was a simple fix like screws or bolts loose. After assessing the chair, the tech identified the problem to be the frame having to wide a gap were the side wood and back wood meet causing the instability and squeaky noise. The tech said he could try and drill some screws in an angle and that might work but could not guarantee anything. Of course that would not be acceptable and I explained to the tech these are brand new chairs not ones I have been using for 6 months and needed warranty work which he agreed with me. I send the pics to Tom and he agrees the frame is not right but not sure if caused by shipping or manufacture defect but will likely have to ship replacement and just has to send everything over to Alan to get cleared. Today which is two days later I still have not heard anything from Tom so I call him and he tells me Alan said he thinks there is a L bracket they can order and attach to the corner which should stabilize the area. At this point you can imagine I am shocked and angry with this whole situation. I explained to Tom this was unacceptable, the new chair I purchased is clearly damaged/defective but they are trying to find make shift solutions on the go instead of standing behind their product. After speaking with my credit card company and sending them pictures and the video they are recommending I do a charge back. Was hoping this company would stand behind their products but at this point they have not. I will update if anything changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141217_112540.jpg
Views:	1126
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	431625   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141217_120747.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	431633   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141219_170307.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	431681  
post #38 of 1332 Old 12-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Total guarantee

@rougebear

I personally sent an email to rougebear saying I would guarantee a fix on this issue whether it's repair or eventually replace, we have been around for 14 years selling theater seating and we stand behind our products whether it's our own or other manufacturers. Our biggest hurdle usually is not fixing chairs but gaining trust of customer that we know what we are doing. In today's world customers are getting the run around from large companies, so our biggest hurdle is getting customers to trust us and to accept that we know what we are doing. In this case we have not gained rougebear trust yet as he keeps fighting us on fixing the chair. "I told him several times that if the fix does not work than we will replace, that's a total guarantee".

In this case, I understand rougebear your fustration but your jumping the gun a bit here as I have not even been to the office all weekend so 2 days we have not gotten back were Saturday and Sunday my days off. I just saw this post, I understand why he post in order to pressure into sending new chair however it's really not necessary to pressure us or myself and we will do the right thing anyway. We are still assessing this issue today, and we are getting back to rougebear on it. I would ask rougebear not to panic on this or worry as I said we would replace the chair if we can't fix the problem so that's a total guarantee by myself. Our warranty is clear as we state if we can repair we will do so as it's easier than sending a whole new chair out to a customer. The problem is at base of chair where arm is attached. There is absolutely no other problem with the chairs he received from us and I believe if we do the fix right with the L bracket we can alleviate the issue of stability and the noise it made or squeak.

As a background on this, Our customer rougebear received a chair that was either dropped by our delivery service or dropped on the way into his house as the arm on the chair is loose. It could of happened anywhere in transit. He called and we went to work setting up a tech in area, we found one qualified and got one out to him pretty quickly in about 6 days from receiving information on it. The tech came back and said he could fix but with some difficulty on his own. I emailed our factory overseas and they had a simple fix to the chair using L brackets and I have attached this information for all reasonable people to review. I am sure rougebear is reasonable and would agree that if we can alleviate the issue than he would be satisfied.

Our tech was unaware of the L bracket fix and we are talking with him about it and we will get back with rougebear hopefully by today latest tomorrow as I am unsure availability of tech with Christmas coming up, I will say he can use the chair still while we work this out, we want to talk to tech and ask him if L bracket fix would work. The L bracket attaches to the 2 frames to stabilize chair arm and alleviate rougebears problem. If tech does not think it works than we will send new chair and take back this one. It's much easier to handle warranty when the customer in this case rougebear has a bit of patience with troubleshooting the issue first. In this case we have been dealing it for about 10 days is all, it can take up to 30 days in some cases to fix a chair or in worst case replace a chair.

I will say to any forum members is we stand by our product, in this case we are we just have not finished our work yet on this one, it's early in the process. I am hoping rougebear let's us fix his issue instead of throwing up roadblocks along the way with credit card companies etc. In meantime I have attached the L bracket fix for rougebear to see, this forum really is not our tech support forum and I would ask rougebear to communicate with us by email or phone directly to us and to wait until it's all resolved before posting again.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
President
HTmarket.com
post #39 of 1332 Old 12-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Here is l bracket fix for stabilizing arm.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lbracket.JPG
Views:	1117
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	435169  
post #40 of 1332 Old 12-25-2014, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just an update on my order:

I received not only the one upholder insert that I requested, but 2! Thanks Alan.

The seats have gotten a little more broken in and feel firm, but more comfortable after a week or so of use as I thought they might.

The wife is happy, and we have no trouble falling asleep in them...
post #41 of 1332 Old 12-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Advanced Member

HTdesign seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by texascoral View Post
Just an update on my order:

I received not only the one upholder insert that I requested, but 2! Thanks Alan.

The seats have gotten a little more broken in and feel firm, but more comfortable after a week or so of use as I thought they might.

The wife is happy, and we have no trouble falling asleep in them...

Your welcome, we appreciate the feedback.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #42 of 1332 Old 12-27-2014, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_SC View Post

We received the 4 seat curved set in good order. Packing was great and truly sturdy. Installation of the chairs was a breeze. Slide the back into place and connect the cables. To set up the whole set including chairs in working order did not take more than about one hour. Very easy therefore and the 'white glove delivery' was not needed.
When it comes to the chairs I believe this is great value for money.

- The leather is quality
- Seats are a little hard but that should change after they have been 'sat in'
- Overall quality is excellent
- Recline is great and almost completely flat
- Recommended chairs for anyone

The Customer service from HT was excellent, there were delays at the shipper/trucking company and HT communicated clearly. One of the plastic cup holders was broken out of the box and HT replaced this instantly.

I would have no issue ordering again from them ! We are truly please with all !

The one thing i am waiting for is the wine - holder ....... hopefully that will be available for this set soon.
post #43 of 1332 Old 12-27-2014, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I placed an order today, looking forward to getting them. Thanks everyone for the reviews and pictures.
I received my (4) curved Brown Leather Southhampton chairs. Shipping was fast. They were packed very well with no visible damage. I will actually be putting the backs on later today and looking forward to trying them out. I've had good communication with Alan and Tom through phone or email. I do need one more clear cup-holder insert and Alan says it will ship to me this Monday. After I get them setup and operational I will further evaluate and give feedback. So far a very positive experience.
Thanks,

-Tom
post #44 of 1332 Old 12-27-2014, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
@rougebear

I personally sent an email to rougebear saying I would guarantee a fix on this issue whether it's repair or eventually replace, we have been around for 14 years selling theater seating and we stand behind our products whether it's our own or other manufacturers. Our biggest hurdle usually is not fixing chairs but gaining trust of customer that we know what we are doing. In today's world customers are getting the run around from large companies, so our biggest hurdle is getting customers to trust us and to accept that we know what we are doing. In this case we have not gained rougebear trust yet as he keeps fighting us on fixing the chair. "I told him several times that if the fix does not work than we will replace, that's a total guarantee".
Alan you told me this was likely a simple fix like screws needed to be tightened. I agreed to have a tech out to check for that issue. The tech came out and told me the gap in the wood was a manufacture defect and was not suppose to be that big and that was leading to the instability and sqeaky noise the arm made. After emailing pictures to Tom showing the large gap and telling him what your tech said Tom told me "that's what I was afraid of we will probably have to ship you out a replacement, I don't want you to have a Frankenstein chair". Alan, I never agreed to have a defective frame fixed by attaching screws and a bracket. I paid for a brand new chair, not a defective one that needs brackets installed. This is not warranty work on a used product, this is a brand new item that was received defective.

Quote:
In this case, I understand rougebear your fustration but your jumping the gun a bit here as I have not even been to the office all weekend so 2 days we have not gotten back were Saturday and Sunday my days off. I just saw this post, I understand why he post in order to pressure into sending new chair however it's really not necessary to pressure us or myself and we will do the right thing anyway. We are still assessing this issue today, and we are getting back to rougebear on it. I would ask rougebear not to panic on this or worry as I said we would replace the chair if we can't fix the problem so that's a total guarantee by myself. Our warranty is clear as we state if we can repair we will do so as it's easier than sending a whole new chair out to a customer. The problem is at base of chair where arm is attached. There is absolutely no other problem with the chairs he received from us and I believe if we do the fix right with the L bracket we can alleviate the issue of stability and the noise it made or squeak.
Yes very frustrated when I was clearly told by Tom that the tech would come out and see if he could fix the chair by tightening screws or bolts a "easy fix" and if there was any defect in the frame or damage to the frame I would be sent a replacement chair. Tech comes out and says their is a defect in the frame and instead of being sent a replacement chair that does not have a defect I am now being told you are going to fix the defective frame with a bracket and hope that works. Unacceptable, the chair only has a 1 year warranty on the frame, who knows how long the bracket fix will work for. I paid for new chair not a chair with a defective frame that needs a bracket. (not part of original manufacture specs)

Quote:
As a background on this, Our customer rougebear received a chair that was either dropped by our delivery service or dropped on the way into his house as the arm on the chair is loose. It could of happened anywhere in transit. He called and we went to work setting up a tech in area, we found one qualified and got one out to him pretty quickly in about 6 days from receiving information on it. The tech came back and said he could fix but with some difficulty on his own. I emailed our factory overseas and they had a simple fix to the chair using L brackets and I have attached this information for all reasonable people to review. I am sure rougebear is reasonable and would agree that if we can alleviate the issue than he would be satisfied.
The Chair was definitely not dropped into the house I helped the delivery guy push the roller with the chairs into my house. The boxes had no dents or damage to them. My concern was these chairs were suppose to ship 11/26 but instead sat in a roadrunner shipping hub for 7 days before shipping out on 12/3. Your tech actually told me when I asked him if the chair was probably damaged in shipping that he did not think so because the wood did not have any cracks in it. In his opinion the chair was assembled poorly at the manufacturer.

Quote:
Our tech was unaware of the L bracket fix and we are talking with him about it and we will get back with rougebear hopefully by today latest tomorrow as I am unsure availability of tech with Christmas coming up, I will say he can use the chair still while we work this out, we want to talk to tech and ask him if L bracket fix would work. The L bracket attaches to the 2 frames to stabilize chair arm and alleviate rougebears problem. If tech does not think it works than we will send new chair and take back this one. It's much easier to handle warranty when the customer in this case rougebear has a bit of patience with troubleshooting the issue first. In this case we have been dealing it for about 10 days is all, it can take up to 30 days in some cases to fix a chair or in worst case replace a chair.
I ordered these chairs on 11/21/14, received them 12/9/14 because they sat in a shipping hub for 7 days and never shipped out on 11/26/2014 like the tracking said they did. When I finally receive the chairs one is clearly defective but I agree to have a tech come up to see if its a "easy fix" like loose screws or bolts. Tech says frame is defective from poor assembly at manufacture and now I am being told to try a bracket (not original manufacture spec) as a solution to a defective frame. A warranty is something used when a product fails after a customer uses it. This is not a warranty issue. This is a chair that was received defective verified by your companies tech you sent out, but I have no patience...
post #45 of 1332 Old 12-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

@rougebear as I said we will fix the issue 100%, but you continue to write posts on this forum on this one issue which is fine as I am showing good faith in this matter. It's actually good for us as it shows we fix issues. As for shipping delay, that was not our fault it was Road runner and water under bridge, plus we provide free shipping so we paid the shipping on the chairs not you, so it's hard for you to fuss about a shipping delay by roadrunner when you never really paid for shipping in the first place. You also posted regarding this before. That being said we have been shipping on time out of warehouse as we have stock and occasionally a carrier will be delayed as it's holiday season. That means increased demand, I would love to know what you do for work and if you in fact had ever had delays or issues in the work you do. We sometimes do, as it's in imperfect world out there however we strive for perfection as I am sure you do also in your work. If we do have issues, we will fix them as I am doing with your order now as evidenced by what I have written and by our actions hence you already had someone look at your chair.

As for the solutions to your issue on the 1 chair, It really does not matter if you think product defective or if it's shipping damage we really don't know how the wood got loose at that joint in the arm and bottom. I think it was shipping damage as we have no other issues with the 200 plus chairs we shipped so far, so if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck. But as I said it does not matter how the wood became loose. I have the fix documented above with the L bracket. L bracket was recommended by factory and L bracket is made at our factory it's not a band aid, it's a factory authorized and approved solution to your issue.

As soon as factory recommend, they fedex some L brackets to me last week and BTW its expensive to fedex from china. I just received the L bracket parts and they are on my desk, see photos. I will in turn ship two L brackets to you and we will get out tech out to fix the chair. We will ship today ups. This is the best way as your chair is perfect except for the loose joint.

Happy New Year
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lbracketondesk.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	447722   Click image for larger version

Name:	textile.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	447730  
post #46 of 1332 Old 12-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I received my (4) curved Brown Leather Southhampton chairs. Shipping was fast. They were packed very well with no visible damage. I will actually be putting the backs on later today and looking forward to trying them out. I've had good communication with Alan and Tom through phone or email. I do need one more clear cup-holder insert and Alan says it will ship to me this Monday. After I get them setup and operational I will further evaluate and give feedback. So far a very positive experience.
Thanks,
I slid the backs on the Southhampton chairs and set them up in my theater. They are really nice! The leather is very soft and the cushions feel very good with a touch of firmness, which is what I like. The power recliners work great and have good speed. If there is anything at all I would change it would be to separate the cup-holder lighting from the floor lighting. Another words, I would like to be able to turn the cup-holder lights on without the floor lighting, as the floor lighting reflects off my screen. This is a very minor thing, just a suggestion for future development, and maybe I'm the only one that might want this. The lighting and recline buttons are well laid out. The USB lit charger ports in each storage compartment is a nice touch. All in all I'm very satisfied and glad I chose HT Design and the Southhamptons.

-Tom
post #47 of 1332 Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

review

Quote:
I slid the backs on the Southhampton chairs and set them up in my theater. They are really nice! The leather is very soft and the cushions feel very good with a touch of firmness, which is what I like. The power recliners work great and have good speed. If there is anything at all I would change it would be to separate the cup-holder lighting from the floor lighting. Another words, I would like to be able to turn the cup-holder lights on without the floor lighting, as the floor lighting reflects off my screen. This is a very minor thing, just a suggestion for future development, and maybe I'm the only one that might want this. The lighting and recline buttons are well laid out. The USB lit charger ports in each storage compartment is a nice touch. All in all I'm very satisfied and glad I chose HT Design and the Southhamptons.
Thanks for the feedback. The cupholder is actually made by Rafel in Wisconsin they have location in China and I will send this feedback along to them. The make parts for theater seating mostly cupholders and led lighting oem parts. Right now though this is first request I have seen on this but they are constantly innovating their products.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #48 of 1332 Old 12-30-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
@rougebear as I said we will fix the issue 100%, but you continue to write posts on this forum on this one issue which is fine as I am showing good faith in this matter. It's actually good for us as it shows we fix issues. As for shipping delay, that was not our fault it was Road runner and water under bridge, plus we provide free shipping so we paid the shipping on the chairs not you, so it's hard for you to fuss about a shipping delay by roadrunner when you never really paid for shipping in the first place. You also posted regarding this before. That being said we have been shipping on time out of warehouse as we have stock and occasionally a carrier will be delayed as it's holiday season. That means increased demand, I would love to know what you do for work and if you in fact had ever had delays or issues in the work you do. We sometimes do, as it's in imperfect world out there however we strive for perfection as I am sure you do also in your work. If we do have issues, we will fix them as I am doing with your order now as evidenced by what I have written and by our actions hence you already had someone look at your chair.

As for the solutions to your issue on the 1 chair, It really does not matter if you think product defective or if it's shipping damage we really don't know how the wood got loose at that joint in the arm and bottom. I think it was shipping damage as we have no other issues with the 200 plus chairs we shipped so far, so if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a duck. But as I said it does not matter how the wood became loose. I have the fix documented above with the L bracket. L bracket was recommended by factory and L bracket is made at our factory it's not a band aid, it's a factory authorized and approved solution to your issue.

As soon as factory recommend, they fedex some L brackets to me last week and BTW its expensive to fedex from china. I just received the L bracket parts and they are on my desk, see photos. I will in turn ship two L brackets to you and we will get out tech out to fix the chair. We will ship today ups. This is the best way as your chair is perfect except for the loose joint.

Happy New Year
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Alan,

I think you have been very responsive to the above issue. Anyone who orders furniture around Thanksgiving week and sends it almost halfway across the country should expect shipping delays.

I have ordered furniture on the web from other vendors that can take 3-4 weeks to arrive, but can't change the op's attitude about the shipping.

Sending a tech out to look at the problem is not cheap as well as a second trip to install the bracket. Having a metal bracket installed will increase strength of the chair in my opinion.

The reason for my post is I will be building a new home next year with another dedicated theater. I currently have 8 Berkline chairs that have held up very well. Six were purchased followed by a (3) year gap when the when the other 2 were ordered. Berkline was able to perfectly match the leather color which is a red/brown. What was interesting is Berkline switched to a metal frame for the floor brackets on the 2 new chairs, versus almost all wood construction on the original 6 chairs.

The metal frames have taken the abuse (2 teen/college age children and there friends) over the past 10 years much better than the mostly wood chairs, ie loose screws, etc.

Maybe adding the metal brackets to the design of the chairs built in the future would enhance the durability of your product and decrease the potential for separation of frames.

The responses you have made and continued participation on AVS will encourage me to contact you when my new home is about finished as I will be purchasing new chairs and Berkline is no longer a viable option.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0974.JPG
Views:	859
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	450282  
post #49 of 1332 Old 12-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

metal and wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post
Alan,

I think you have been very responsive to the above issue. Anyone who orders furniture around Thanksgiving week and sends it almost halfway across the country should expect shipping delays.

I have ordered furniture on the web from other vendors that can take 3-4 weeks to arrive, but can't change the op's attitude about the shipping.

Sending a tech out to look at the problem is not cheap as well as a second trip to install the bracket. Having a metal bracket installed will increase strength of the chair in my opinion.

The reason for my post is I will be building a new home next year with another dedicated theater. I currently have 8 Berkline chairs that have held up very well. Six were purchased followed by a (3) year gap when the when the other 2 were ordered. Berkline was able to perfectly match the leather color which is a red/brown. What was interesting is Berkline switched to a metal frame for the floor brackets on the 2 new chairs, versus almost all wood construction on the original 6 chairs.

The metal frames have taken the abuse (2 teen/college age children and there friends) over the past 10 years much better than the mostly wood chairs, ie loose screws, etc.

Maybe adding the metal brackets to the design of the chairs built in the future would enhance the durability of your product and decrease the potential for separation of frames.

The responses you have made and continued participation on AVS will encourage me to contact you when my new home is about finished as I will be purchasing new chairs and Berkline is no longer a viable option.
Thanks for the post, our chair actually has some metal frames in the chair mostly where the recline mech sits. The rest is kiln dried hardwood on bottom of arm support piece that goes all the way across. The L bracket will strengthen and is not a bad suggestion overall for future depending on cost for the add on. So far so good though only 1 chair has this issue out of about 250 shipped so far. The challenge in our market is that folks what to spend a certain amount per chair and it's usually between 500 and 750 so that's the challenge if you start adding in other parts.

The only way the frame can get off kilter is if someone drop it off a truck or something which probably happen on route. As the packing is really good and pretty solid. I have some video showing on "you tube" the bottom of the chairs and unboxing videos showing the good packaging we use. As you said it's hard to ship chairs all the way across the USA, this case was in Las Vegas this time a year. We budget for service though and we only have a handful of issues so far mostly do to shipping damage. On a side note, the factory we use was the same factory berkine did use at one time for their imports.

Happy New Year,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #50 of 1332 Old 01-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

stock levels

Fyi, for folks looking at our seats HTdesign, our stock levels are ok right now but running a little low on brown southamptons, black southampton and black pagets. If you are looking at superbowl order sooner verus later as out next 2 containers don't come till Feb 10 for black southamptons and pagets. for brown southamptons it's looking like March and we only have 62 seats left in our inventory of brown southamptons. We have decent levels stock of somerset black, a little low brown and good stock levels of our new seat devonshire black which just arrived a couple weeks ago.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #51 of 1332 Old 01-07-2015, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Chair Order

Quote:
Fyi, for folks looking at our seats HTdesign, our stock levels are ok right now but running a little low on brown southamptons, black southampton and black pagets. If you are looking at superbowl order sooner verus later as out next 2 containers don't come till Feb 10 for black southamptons and pagets. for brown southamptons it's looking like March and we only have 62 seats left in our inventory of brown southamptons. We have decent levels stock of somerset black, a little low brown and good stock levels of our new seat devonshire black which just arrived a couple weeks ago.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Alan,

Looking to place an order for a row of 3 (straight) Brown, power recline Southamptons today. How is stock looking?
post #52 of 1332 Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

I have it in stock as of today we are ok on straight rows southampton brown but real low on curved brown southamptons. More on way though for march.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #53 of 1332 Old 01-07-2015, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I have it in stock as of today we are ok on straight rows southampton brown but real low on curved brown southamptons. More on way though for march.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
OK , great I will be ordering within the hour. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress.

Deryck
post #54 of 1332 Old 01-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrobin View Post
OK , great I will be ordering within the hour. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress.

Deryck
We got it thanks....

regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

PS: I have new vid on you tube showing all our HTdesign seats at once, might help folks with questions
post #55 of 1332 Old 01-08-2015, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Review of HT Design Southampton

Hi, I am glad that I stumbled on to this thread. I was looking for some home theater seats and was having a difficult time finding meaningful reviews of this kind of seating.

HT Design Southampton seats seemed to be exactly what my wife and I were looking for, but my wife did not want to buy furniture sight-unseen. That is when we noticed HTMarket’s offices are in Chicago. This is a short drive from my home. I called HTMarket up over the holidays and asked if I could drop by and seat one of the Southampton seats in person. Dan and Tom were very helpful and said yes. Their office showroom is exactly what it looks like on their You Tube channel. They had a lineup of each of their seating product lines on display.

I looked at the Southampton and Devonshire. Both products are nice-looking. I quite liked the Devonshire, but I choose the Southampton because we preferred brown leather and a curved row (neither of which is available in the Devonshire line). I purchased four seats in a curved row with a loveseat in the middle.

The seats were delivered yesterday. Factoring in the holidays, shipping took about three business days. Again, I live near Chicago so my shipping time may not be typical for all buyers. I had the white-glove delivery option, so the freight company unpacked the seats on the truck and carried them into the house. Setup was easy. There was no shipping damage. One of the cup liners was missing. It may still be on the truck, but Alan said that HTMarket would send a replacement.

The reclining mechanisms are quite and smooth. The mechanism is solidly built of steel. The rest of the seat is hardwood. The seat cushion is firm. The leather is supple.

I had a chance to watch a part of a movie in them last night. The seats are very comfortable.
I did not think that the LED floor lighting would be useful, but I was wrong. It is nice to have a little light that I can turn on if I need to get up in a darkened theater.

The LED lighting for the control buttons is also nice, but the control lights seemed a little bright when the house lights were turned off. It would be nice if the control lights illuminated with a prox sensor or if they could be dimmed a bit.
I am about six feet tall and the chairs fit me well. If you are much taller than this, the headrests might not be high enough.

The seats do not mechanically attach to each other. They sit next to each other as free standing recliners. I guess that this is normal for this type of product and I was told about this prior to purchase, but I am concerned about this for my setup. In my short test, I have found that these seats attract big dogs and small children, neither of which cares much about centers of gravity. I may experiment with attaching to seats together with hidden blocks and clamps to prevent my team from flipping them over.

I will try to post some photos in the next few days.

Many thanks to Alan, Tom, and Dan for their guidance and responsiveness. I highly recommend HTMarket and their HT Design Southampton theater seating. The seats are solid, comfortable, handsome and well built.
post #56 of 1332 Old 01-09-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Just ordered a southampton straight set of 5 in brown.

I agree with others that this looks like an excellent price point for the feature set. I hope they ship quick, i live in North Texas.

I dont really care for the LED lighting but I think the Usb port will really come in handy. Honestly it would be even more useful to have a power outlet in the armrest.

I am hoping that the motor is high quality and lasts a lifetime of regular use.

I own some clark synthesis platinum tactile transducers that I will likely sell off but I am curious if there is enough room to actually mount them in this seat somewhere.

I think what sold me on these units was the combination of price points and decent looking leather in the package. Hopefully I can use the money I save on a scalable Dolby Atmos processor in the next year.

It really looks like these were built to fit exactly what the market needs. The palliser "quick ship" Elite model has ugly looking basic brown leather. The grain on the southhampton pictures looks much better.

I do prefer the look of antique brass for cupholders more but palliser doesnt make they tray table grommet in antique brass ... So its kinda pointless introducing two colors. With the Ht design model, the controls have a more technical look but some people may like that (especially easy for guests).

The lighted buttons may simply be distracting.

I will post a review. User testimonials from Avs also convinced me to buy since I generally trust this community of more hardcore AV fans. I spent CRAZY money on home theater and equipment, so my review should hopefully carry a lot of weight as a very critical user of high quality stuff.
post #57 of 1332 Old 01-09-2015, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I also purchased a set of two straight row black South Hamptons. Placed my order on the 3rd (a Saturday), they shipped on the 6th, and are scheduled for delivery to our home here in Tampa on the 12th. So far very smooth process, I'll update once they arrive. I liked the features/price - seems to be optimal. I would like the option to turn off only the "base" lighting and leave the cups illuminated, but I know there are limits.

Alan's communication has been fantastic.
post #58 of 1332 Old 01-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks AVS Members

I appreciate the support. We are working hard to serve the AVS community. You guys are fun to work with and we know you expect alot and that's why we designed the seats to be really good. We strive for the best customer service, please feel free to email me directly or send a PM on any improvements with product and service.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #59 of 1332 Old 01-11-2015, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 539
What is the difference in motors between ht design, palliser, elite, etc. expensive brands like to mention "higher end" motors. Do those make any difference in any attribute?
post #60 of 1332 Old 01-12-2015, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

pretty open question, I would say with Palliser and Elite you get more choices on how to do things like choice of color or leather level, it's custom order so you are getting much more choice. As for the motor, we use Okin motors which are the best so not much difference there I believe. We also use good recline mechs. Most of the difference is the choice of seat cover, Palliser and Elite have to keep lots of inventory of leather around that's costly. They also have higher labor costs in Canada and Mexico than in China, so at the end of the day the price per seat is more.

I would say in todays market if your looking at black or brown leather seats then quick ship htdesign is a very good deal with all the inclusions you get, as with Palliser if you want to match colors in a room or you have interior design issues than you could custom order seats in your color and your specific config. however you will pay more per seat.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page