HT Design Theater Seating - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 164Likes

post #61 of 1334 Old 01-12-2015, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Ok, great news about the motors. I cant wait to get mine in. Havent heard anything yet since friday when i placed the order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1334 Old 01-12-2015, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Tactile transducers

Question: I have Aura tactile transducers that screw onto the frame of my theater chairs. Are these compatible with your HT chairs like the Paget or Southhampton?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81MYmQ-Df5L._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	474609   Click image for larger version

Name:	81F-+0lyb+L._SL1400_.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	474617  

Go topless.
post #63 of 1334 Old 01-12-2015, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just got my seats, impressions to follow soon!

post #64 of 1334 Old 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 60
going out wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post
Ok, great news about the motors. I cant wait to get mine in. Havent heard anything yet since friday when i placed the order.
Seats might ship tomorrow lastest wednesday, we will send tracking after that.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #65 of 1334 Old 01-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

aura'

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster-s View Post
Question: I have Aura tactile transducers that screw onto the frame of my theater chairs. Are these compatible with your HT chairs like the Paget or Southhampton?
Let me check under the seat tomorrow, and see where the could be put, we actually have some of those around I can check to see if they could be mounted some way, I know they fit under there on all our seats but not sure how they would mount, may need to put something else in there to secure them.

I will check tomorrow when in office and advise.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #66 of 1334 Old 01-12-2015, 06:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I actually own and have setup clark synthesis platinum transducers but I am somehow doubtful they will fit with their disc form factor. if they dont fit, I can simply ebay them since i got them used in the first place.

I can comment again on this thread when i get a chance to check.
post #67 of 1334 Old 01-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Aura shaker

Quote:
I actually own and have setup clark synthesis platinum transducers but I am somehow doubtful they will fit with their disc form factor. if they dont fit, I can simply ebay them since i got them used in the first place.

I can comment again on this thread when i get a chance to check.
I grabbed one of the aura, the best place to mount seems to be on back wood piece on each chair, all our chairs have this, you might need to put another flat wood piece would to mount on though as in this place it's not flat, I am not an expert though at mounting aura's in chairs but I attached photo to show where it could go. I would put the wire inputs up not down.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	aurashaker.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	624.6 KB
ID:	476274  
post #68 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrobin View Post
OK , great I will be ordering within the hour. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress.

Deryck
So we started off pretty well. I ordered the seats, got a email confirmation, a few days later got the shipping notification along with tracking number from Roadrunner showing a delivery date of the 15th (yesterday). I stay home from work, no call, no update....nothing. I look at the tracking number to see that it was delivered in GA on the 14th to some other carrier. I tried calling Roadrunner customer service last night, no one was available. I called again this morning and the CS rep told me I had to now call the local carrier. I called them....she told me the boxes had to be unpacked and inspected before they could deliver. I am now, home again, waiting on them to call me back. In the mean time I have a huge playoff party planned in Sunday based on the fact that I was supposed to get my seats on the 15th. Everything from HT was great right up to the transportation company. The fact that I have sat home for two days waiting for the seats to arrive is very frustrating. You need to consider a new shipping partner as this is really unacceptable from my perspective. I will send a review of the seats...if they ever get here.
post #69 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

delivery/shipping

Quote:
So we started off pretty well. I ordered the seats, got a email confirmation, a few days later got the shipping notification along with tracking number from Roadrunner showing a delivery date of the 15th (yesterday). I stay home from work, no call, no update....nothing. I look at the tracking number to see that it was delivered in GA on the 14th to some other carrier. I tried calling Roadrunner customer service last night, no one was available. I called again this morning and the CS rep told me I had to now call the local carrier. I called them....she told me the boxes had to be unpacked and inspected before they could deliver. I am now, home again, waiting on them to call me back. In the mean time I have a huge playoff party planned in Sunday based on the fact that I was supposed to get my seats on the 15th. Everything from HT was great right up to the transportation company. The fact that I have sat home for two days waiting for the seats to arrive is very frustrating. You need to consider a new shipping partner as this is really unacceptable from my perspective. I will send a review of the seats...if they ever get here.
can you email us offline what your order number is, I can't look up orders by avs usernames. It' sounds like to me that you order white glove delivery, so we ship common carrier to a white glove agent which is a third party who handles the inside delivery for you. This can take extra time as they receive the goods and make sure all is ok for delivery. For others who order, if you order curbside, we ship directly to by common carrier like road runner with lift gate, if you order white glove we ship to an agent near you who handles 2 man deliveries inside your home. In this case it appears that he order white glove. The white glove is a good service but it can take extra time as it gets delivered to third party first then to customer. Please hang in there and email me offline and I'll find out what's up. The other thing to know is all ecommerce companies use similar shipping partners. There is not lots of choice out there for shipping companies so we do our best with what we have. We don't use just one company either, we use the best company to the area we ship to.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

PS: on a side note, we are getting real low on brown southampton's and we can still make superbowl if ordering curbside shipping delivery if you order by Monday.
post #70 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

ok got more info

I did some digging, I found your order, you ordered on 1/7 online, not sure how you thought we could get them in your house by 1/15, we don't promise that type of turnaround. We say quick ship but delivery is within 2 weeks in most cases. I would say so far so good, as the shipping company got them to our white glove agent quickly. White glove has by our contract about 7 days to deliver. I think where it got screwed up in this case is you thought the seats were going to you directly from road runner and that's where you got your expectation out of whack. That was our fault we could do better explaining that to you by email. That being said we don't promise 7 or 8 day deliveries unless your local to here. We shoot for within 2 weeks most are 10 days. We push white glove agent to deliver asap. I am having Tom in my office call you this am.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #71 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
I did some digging, I found your order, you ordered on 1/7 online, not sure how you thought we could get them in your house by 1/15, we don't promise that type of turnaround. We say quick ship but delivery is within 2 weeks in most cases. I would say so far so good, as the shipping company got them to our white glove agent quickly. White glove has by our contract about 7 days to deliver. I think where it got screwed up in this case is you thought the seats were going to you directly from road runner and that's where you got your expectation out of whack. That was our fault we could do better explaining that to you by email. That being said we don't promise 7 or 8 day deliveries unless your local to here. We shoot for within 2 weeks most are 10 days. We push white glove agent to deliver asap. I am having Tom in my office call you this am.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Where I go thrown off was when I looked at the tracking number and it said "expected delivery 1/15" of course I was excited to think I would have them that quickly and planned accordingly. Maybe it did state somewhere that white glove was extra time but clearly I didnt see that. I did speak with Tom and he was helpful. The second carrier called me and can't deliver until next Tuesday. I guess the playoff party is cancelled. Hopefully we will be set by the Superbowl.
post #72 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

track

Quote:
Where I go thrown off was when I looked at the tracking number and it said "expected delivery 1/15" of course I was excited to think I would have them that quickly and planned accordingly. Maybe it did state somewhere that white glove was extra time but clearly I didnt see that. I did speak with Tom and he was helpful. The second carrier called me and can't deliver until next Tuesday. I guess the playoff party is cancelled. Hopefully we will be set by the Superbowl.
Your good for superbowl...we should of emailed you that it was tracking to delivery agent, not to you. the track does say ship address as our delivery center though....my apologies for missing sunday game, good thing is you'll have for years to come many games to sit in them for. I am the same way when I order something new, enthusiastic and primed to get the new stuff.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #73 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Freight Shipping companies dont really guarantee delivery the way ups and fedex do.

Sometimes they lump shipments at sort facilities together I think. They may contract out part of the drive to other companies as well.

+\- 3 days is not uncommon i think.
post #74 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Freight Shipping companies dont really guarantee delivery the way ups and fedex do.

Sometimes they lump shipments at sort facilities together I think. They may contract out part of the drive to other companies as well.

+\- 3 days is not uncommon i think.
very common it's 475 lbs in this case going to Georgia, so they make sure they get full loads going down etc. Not a cheap fare also...in this case you add another party to it, the delivery company as freight companies can't really deliver inside very well so we gotta get another company to do that if you want white glove. We manage the process pretty well but it's ultimately up to them to do the job once it leaves our hands. This is why we can say it's leaving withing 2 to 3 days and then after that we don't really guarantee timing of delivery. Just estimates.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #75 of 1334 Old 01-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Wine holder for HTDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_SC View Post

Also I would be truly interested in the wine cubby and saw one with Seatcraft that looks good. Am wondering if tat one would fit the HT design grommet. Any advise appreciated.

we got a new wine holder that works for our seats, it fits our grommet. (the seatcraft or palliser one won't fit in ours) Our new one is like the palliser model but has a different stem to fit
in our grommet.

see photos. will be on our web site shortly. It has a nice rubber neck for the wine glass so it won't scratch the glass or make noise. I have 11 in stock right now. I can get more easy.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wine.JPG
Views:	570
Size:	567.4 KB
ID:	482386   Click image for larger version

Name:	wineholder.JPG
Views:	495
Size:	533.8 KB
ID:	482394  
post #76 of 1334 Old 01-18-2015, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey folks,

I received my two straight row South Hampton seats on 1/12/15. This was my first major furniture purchase as an adult (woohoo ). I will post photos soon.

Ordering & Shipping I ordered my seats on 1/3/15, a Saturday, and they shipped after two business days. There were no delays in the shipping process and they shipped via Roadrunner. So far, I am greatly satisfied with the seats and highly recommend them. All told it was about 9 days for me to receive my seats, I live near Tampa FL. I have no complaints/concern about the ordering and shipping process, HTmarket did a great job.

Unfortunately the box for one seat arrived damaged - a corner of the box was torn open/crumpled and the seat inside was quite visible. However, the packing material inside the box protected the seal from any damage - I chalk this up to HT's excellent packaging. The seat was wrapped in plastic and a thin layer of foam was inside the plastic which protected the seat from harm. The seats arrived on a pallet and were stacked on top of each other and it's not clear when the damage to the box occurred, but I would assume during transit. The shipping company personal were friendly to my wife (she accepted the shipment) and the damage was noted on the waybill. The delivery person also was kind enough to leave the seats inside our garage, because of course it was pouring rain on Tampa the day they arrived :-) All in all, I would give the ordering, packaging, and shipping process from HT an excellent overall review. As for the shipping company, I think they were fair overall (their customer service seemed fine, but I was very nervous when I first got the seats).

Seat Impressions: The seats are very easy to assemble (though being my first time doing this, it took me about 45 minutes). The stitching appears to be of good quality (however I'm no expert on this, it looks very nice to me). One of my seat backs had a lot of dust/fingerprinting on it - but this was easily solved with a small damp cloth. The leather on the seats is very soft/smooth and appears to be of high quality. The cushions were a bit firm initially, but after a week of use they have broken in nicely - not too soft, not too firm. The recline mechanism is quite speedy (see below for a minor issue I had with reclining) and the recline cord is very generous in it's length. I like the LED lighting, though I wish I could have separate on/off controls for the floor and cup holder lighting. The internal USB ports are a nice perk, especially since I'm a HUGE gamer (and I can charge my Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U controllers inside the seats).

The storage compartments are extremely deep - in one arm I am storing an Xbox One controller, 2x PS4 controllers, 2x Wii U pro Controllers, and a Wii Classic Controller - plus my remotes for my AVR, Cable Box, and TV. There is plenty of room to spare. One storage compartment (on the recliner with 2 arms) has less depth, which allows me to store remotes for easy access. My recommendation for improving the arm storage would be to reverse the storage units on the 2 arm recliner so that the "narrow" storage container is in the middle of my two seat configuration, with the "deep" storage on each outer arm.

Overall I HIGHLY recommend these seats. I am about 6ft, 175 lbs (my wife is 5'10 150 lbs, also has chronic pain in her hips/back) and we love them. I think I may eventually add neck pillows for support if they are available - but overall I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I saved for over a year to purchase these seats and some posts here had me a little nervous, but I am super happy with them.

Issues & Supportt - I ran into a couple issues, but support from Alan has been outstanding. As noted above, I was missing a cup holder insert - I received two replacements within four business days. As noted above, one seat back was quite dusty/fingerprinted when it arrived - not certain how it happened, perhaps at the manufacturer, but it was easy to clean.

The biggest concern I had was after a few days of use an issue began with the recline mechanism. In general, the recline is very quiet and smooth when extending- however I ran into an issue after a few days of use where the one machine would make a throbbing sound while it was reversing back to the upright position. I contacted Alan and he sent me a video with the fix - turns out it was easy, just required a little more WD-40/lube on the slide chain under the seats. After applying that and running the mechanism a few times/letting the WD40 work for a few hours, it appears to have resolved the issue. The reverse recline is now quiet and smooth.

Communication Alan's response time to my questions/concerns throughout all of my interactions with him have been extremely rapid. He has been courteous and helpful in responding to my many questions, and quickly addressed any concerns I had. As I said, this was a major purchase for my wife and I - and I'm very thankful for his efforts to address any concerns I had.

In summary - I highly recommend these seats. If done again, I would probably pay opt to pay a little more for shipping (I received the free shipping option) - but all in all, I am highly satisfied and have no qualms highly recommending these seats.

I'm looking forward to receiving my reward program points for HTMarket so that I can purchase a sign and complete our mancave/media room

*EDIT* Photos up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HTMarket_Chairs05.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	486602   Click image for larger version

Name:	HTMarket_Chairs06.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	486610   Click image for larger version

Name:	HTMarket_Chairs04.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	486618   Click image for larger version

Name:	HTMarket_Chairs01.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	486626   Click image for larger version

Name:	HTMarket_Chairs02.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	486634  

bigjoexxl likes this.

Last edited by Padinn; 01-18-2015 at 03:37 PM.
post #77 of 1334 Old 01-20-2015, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got my set of 5 southampton seats. Overall comfortable seats and a good value for the money.

Minor issues:
1. Missing one cupholder insert on the dual arm seat for the far right seating position. Looks like they forgot to stick one in.

2. Small stitch threads sticking out here and there on the footrest that need to be clippied off

3. The cupholder buttons at first glance seem like a good idea however they are touch sensitive which was a bad choice. Any time you brush your hand against the cup holder (which incidentally is very easy to do), you either turn the lights on or cause the recliner to move. The cupholder is exactly where your hands should be.

The buttons need a cover or something as a way to deal with this issue. I will likely need to disable the led light on the bottom so my kids and guests don't continuously turn the lights on by accident.

Ergonomically, I think the cupholder should be at the end while doing away with the tray grommet (although i understand why this is a marketable feature). I bet many will want the tray but seldom use it in actual practice. Another option would be a longer armrest but I dont think thay will look so good.

An easy way to run a cord into the armrest near the usb jack would be nice so i can run my laptop charger wire through. I might modify for this purpose if i can reach the relevant area

The stiching and seating on the Palliser equalizer seat bottom is a bit more comfortable since it distributes your leg surface area better. I would not expect that level of stitching at this price however.

The seats seem to stay in position ok without anchoring unless the footrest is out and a child tries to sit on it without someone in the seat.

The leather texture and color is perfect for a brown couch and looks and feels high grade. No complaints here.

The headrest height is just right for me at 5'8" without blocking all the rear surround information. I was worried it would be too high.

Another suggestions is to add a small groove for cords and whatnot in armrest door so you dont mash the cord coming out of the armrest.

The motor on this thing feels solid (as it should) since Okin apparently has a good reputation.

Anyway, overall great value on these seats and I certainly do not regret the purchase at this price!
post #78 of 1334 Old 01-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for feedback

Thanks for feedback. On cupholders, most people actually like the controls on the cupholder for power and lights as it's easy to reach. In the past it's been inside the arm, and I know from experience many people did not like this as they would accidentally hit that control with hip. It's a trade off of one thing for another. There are 2 companies who make the cupholders emomo and rafel, we use the rafel as most other seating mfg also use them. I will be sure to pass this along to rafel as they come up with new designs annually. Our cupholder is touch control no buttons however it's a recessed control. It might take someone a bit of time to get used to it and after a few days they would not hit accidentally. You likely see this same cupholder in many palliser seats and other mfg so it's more oem part issue.

Theater seating used to be just manual recline with plastic cups, it's come along way since the year 2000, now we got so many wires under the seats it looks like a piece of electronics. Home theater seating has become a bit high tech with that your going to find some likes and dislikes with usability. I think overall though the advances are positive and out weigh the minor issues one person might find in the design in any seat out there.

On a side note, we have a new accessory called the I Table, it fits in our grommet perfectly and it replaces one of our tables and it can tilt and do 360 degree. It is made to work with all tablets and phones hands free, this could be useful if you play with tablet while seated. I attach photo. You can now also order the leather swatches on our site, just order one swatch and we send the other one, if you order the bonded one, we will send all swatches.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	itable2.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	494426   Click image for larger version

Name:	itable.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	494434  
post #79 of 1334 Old 01-22-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
Your good for superbowl...we should of emailed you that it was tracking to delivery agent, not to you. the track does say ship address as our delivery center though....my apologies for missing sunday game, good thing is you'll have for years to come many games to sit in them for. I am the same way when I order something new, enthusiastic and primed to get the new stuff.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

Got the seats in, they look great and, like others comments, they are a bit stiff at first but this will likely change as they break in. It looks like I have enough room to order one more...which I plan to do. I also ordered the new Wine Glass Holder that you offer. The dual USB chargers in the arm rest are a great idea. Cupholder recline mechanism is a bit sensitive but not a major issue. The only other thing I would want is an Ipad holder as I have a Control 4 system that I use my Iphone and Ipad to control. Helpful when using the DVR. Aside from the small shipping misunderstanding it was a very good overall experience. Especially taking into consideration the quality of the seats and how quickly you can get them.
post #80 of 1334 Old 01-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

great

Quote:
Got the seats in, they look great and, like others comments, they are a bit stiff at first but this will likely change as they break in. It looks like I have enough room to order one more...which I plan to do. I also ordered the new Wine Glass Holder that you offer. The dual USB chargers in the arm rest are a great idea. Cupholder recline mechanism is a bit sensitive but not a major issue. The only other thing I would want is an Ipad holder as I have a Control 4 system that I use my Iphone and Ipad to control. Helpful when using the DVR. Aside from the small shipping misunderstanding it was a very good overall experience. Especially taking into consideration the quality of the seats and how quickly you can get them.
Thanks for the business and reposting, you should put some photos up once you have them set up. I do have I pad holder I just posted on this earlier in the above thread. It's not in stock yet but soon I will have them taking orders on them already. I put photos up again here. It's a table that rotates and tilts prefect for what you want to do.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	itable2.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	495546   Click image for larger version

Name:	itable.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	495554  
post #81 of 1334 Old 01-23-2015, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Review: I recently bought 4 of the HT Design Somerset chairs for my home theater. I chose this model because they are a bit narrower than other HT theater chairs I have looked at, and wanted to get a row of 3 seats in my theater without crowding the rest of the room. I bought 4 in case the row of three was too wide, I would set them up in two rows of 2ea. Now I will be ordering an additional chair and have one row of 3 and one row of 2.

I actually made an appointment and visited the showroom before purchasing these chairs, and I was impressed with their comfort and lower back support when reclined. They seem well constructed, and the motor mechanisms are quiet and smooth. The lights are cool looking, but too bright to have on while actually watching a movie. The cup holders with removable inserts are excellent. I think that the small premium for top-grain leather vs bonded leather will be well worth the price in the long run. I'm very happy with these seats. and I will be ordering an additional one.

Alan and the two other guys in the office (I had spoken with both of them on separate occasions trying to set up an appointment to see the chairs) were very friendly and accommodating of my request to try these chairs out. I was not home when the chairs were delivered, but my daughter said that the person who delivered was friendly and careful with the chairs.

Pros: Top grain leather seating surface. Power recline. Lighted cup holders and footrests. Easy to assemble, and connect Included tray tables are handy for remotes etc. Built in arm rest storage

Cons: Footrest lights are very bright, and will have to be turned off to watch a movie (not really a con, but something to be aware of). We recently added one of those super thick deep pile rugs in the front row of our seating area and it eliminated the problem of the light being reflected onto our screen.

Summary: These seem to be very well made home theater seats at an attractive price for top grain leather. The seats are comfortable and attractive. The service from HT Designs was excellent!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Seat.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	497106  
post #82 of 1334 Old 01-23-2015, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Home Theater / Media Room / Man Cave is a work in progress, but I thought I would share some pics of the Somerset seats that I bought from HT Design. Thanks to the other forum members whose posts have helped me along the way from selecting a projector to choosing a screen and now seating.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 5.JPG
Views:	656
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	497226   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	591
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	497234   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	664
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	497242   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	604
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	497250   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	741
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	497258  

post #83 of 1334 Old 01-23-2015, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have disabled the LED light strip on the couches since they are way too bright to be useful and way too easy to accidentally activate due to capacative buttons. You can just unplug the led strip fairly easily by pulling on the cable until it comes out far enough out of the armrest for you to reach the adapter.

Then I called the Raffel systems company to see if there was a way to disable the blue backlights or dim the cupholder buttons and the answer is no.

The capacitative buttons are both too easy to activate due to the proximity to
Your resting hand and close to your hand when you reach for a cup. The buttons are also too bright.

The only option is to buy a different cupholder which will fit in the same slot but does not have capacitative buttons. These buttons also autodim their backlights after 30 seconds. The wireharness on this cupholder is different than the one that comes with the couch so there is some work to do to wire everything. Cosmetically, the cupholder that comes stock is actually better.

I might try to install these replacement cupholder from raffel or possibly just place some circle vinyl stickers or paint on the buttons to eliminate the brightness.
post #84 of 1334 Old 01-23-2015, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

cupholders

You could replace them if you want but most folks have no problem not putting there finger on the buttons when the don't want to recline or turn on the lights etc. It could be you need just to wait a week and see if you can not accidentally touch them, they are sensitive but you got have your finger over the button to activate anything. Rafel have different cups and there not much money probably 20 to 30 each, not sure what they quote. Once you do this though and if something goes wrong with a cupholder or some other function it's up to you to fix it as you changing what you received. We have over 75 orders on the seats and this is first instance of someone wanting to do this and these are also installed in over 100 palliser orders we do and nobody has mentioned this as a big issue. I am glad you call raffel though and mention this as they make the cupholders for many manufacturers and I am sure we will look at moving to the next generation of cupholder on version 2 of our seats. I hope you get years of comfort out of the seats. Keep us updated on what you did, I am interested to learn how it worked out.

Thanks for being so proactive.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #85 of 1334 Old 01-24-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I dedcided not to mess with the cupholders because the model from raffel that is not touch sensitive does not look nearly as good nor does it have the exact same wiring harness. The wiring is somewhat hard to reach and I don't want to do a major rewiring job.

I did unplug the led light strip wire since I don't care to use it, but that was actually easy.

I ordered some 1/2" vinyl black stickers from etsy.com to cover the lights on the buttons. A decidedly low tech solutiom but should be effective.

A was able to run a power strip into one of the arm-rest cabinets which is great for plugging in a heating pad. The heating pad can be pulled out and used on either of the seats next to that particular arm-rest. The power strip allows me to charge my laptop as well which is nice. I am not going to keep laptop in there on charge inside the armrest in order to avoid any fire risks. The heating pad also has an auto-off which I use for the same reason.

On the armrest to my right of the main sitting position, I decided to leave the tray table on. This covers the buttons on the cupholder incidentally which is a benefit.

I still haven't found a perfect position for the clark synthesis transducer (which is the size of a small salad plate). I am still trying to get creative with it, otherwise I might ebay these transducers and buy a more compact transducer that will fit better.
post #86 of 1334 Old 01-24-2015, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Another nice thing about the southamptons, the headrest is angled very well, even in the fully reclined position. My screen is only 2 feet off the floor with about a 15 degree viewing angle. Despite this low screen, the headrest is able to keep my head bent in just the right position to see the screen while fully reclined.
post #87 of 1334 Old 01-24-2015, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Is this the same exact seating that's being supplied by Overstock as well?

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...6/product.html
DrZaus likes this.
post #88 of 1334 Old 01-25-2015, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

HTdesign not at Overstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieSpeed View Post
Is this the same exact seating that's being supplied by Overstock as well?
No we don't sell on overstock at all, our seating only sold on HTmarket.com for now. We may open it up on other web sites down the line but right now we limit so we can control the sales/service of the seats.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

PS: In some cases if you order by Monday we could make superbowl for people within about 1000 miles from Chicago. we would need orders in by 12noon monday

Last edited by HTmarket; 01-25-2015 at 07:27 AM.
post #89 of 1334 Old 01-25-2015, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Blazar can you post photos of your seats that would be cool. Let me know where you go the stickers on etsy.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #90 of 1334 Old 01-25-2015, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Ah okay, just saw this. I would have ordered Monday too I'm only 450 miles away, but I just ordered the Grand set from Costco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
htmarket , southhampton , theater seating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page