Manual pull down screen to frame - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 01-05-2015, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Manual pull down screen to frame

Has anyone ever taken a large screen (100" or bigger) out of the pull down mechanism and mounted it to a homemade frame? I am almost done with my room and don't really want the pull down, it looks too temporary. And the casing is white which will ruin my all black wall. I would rather have the screen permanently on the wall in a frame. But, I'm afraid if I cut it out, it might be very difficult to get it mounted without a bunch of wrinkles.

If anyone has ever attempted this I'd be curious if you have any suggestions or tips.

I might be better off just buying a new screen, but I figured this would at least be worth a shot before dropping the extra dough.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 01-06-2015, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 186
I haven't done it, but it wouldn't be entirely different than purchasing the material. I mean, you still gotta pull it tight and ensure there's no wrinkles.

You might have to be careful when disassembling the pull-down so you don't crease the material. Maybe even roll it up on a PVC pipe or something.

Good luck and hopefully somebody else has more
Sponsored Links
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page