AVS Forum banner

Noisy LED Power Supply

6K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  benavidescj 
#1 ·
I have a little over 13 meters of 24v 60LED/meter RGB strip lights that I am powering with a SUPERNIGHT 24V 15A 360W DC Regulated Switching Power Supply. The problem is that this power supply is very noisy when it operates especially at full brightness. Would someone please recommend a silent or at least quieter solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 · (Edited)
Electronic (RFI) or mechanical (fan) noise? You'll likely get both from a cheap ass Chinese power supply like that. I'm about to install over 500 feet of SMD5050 LED strips in a restaurant and am going to use a couple analog supplies. There are already a couple of big bucking transformers there from the present installation of incandescent strip lights so I'll only have to add bridge rectifiers and filters.

Transformer examples: https://www.platt.com/platt-electri...ectionID=7&GroupID=90&CatID=451&q=boost trans

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.