TheaterSeatStore.com / InterMark bad expirence - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 02-10-2015, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TheaterSeatStore.com / InterMark bad expirence

Update 3/29/2015:

InteriorMark has refunded $300 to my credit card as requested in my BBB complaint.

Can't say I am satisfied with this resolution but it bears noting in this thread. InteriorMark aren't complete deadbeats...

---

Unfortunately, after receiving grossly defective Paliser seats purchased through theaterseatstore.com and lack of satisfactory resolution, I am reduced to name'em and shame'em to warm any would be customers of theaterseatstore.com.

Full story told through email correspondence with Interiormark customer service below.

Synopsis: Left chair arm received detached from chair frame. Interiormark sent furniture repair tech to my home. He attached the chair arm through the upholstery with dry wall screws and angle brackets. Repaired arm not as strong as correctly assembled right arm. Per furniture tech, repair unlikely to be durable. Requested replacement chair. Denied on the grounds that the chair "was up to manufactured standards'. I submitted a complaint to the BBB. Not sure they received it, as I have received no correspondence.

Sent 12/29/2014:
The requested video showing the damaged Palliser chair arm is attached for your review.

I suspect the chair was dropped or crushed on transport and this damaged the arm.

The box this chair was removed from looked damaged or at least package "less neatly" than the other chair. My initial impression was it had been removed from the factory box and repackaged. It was necessary to destroy both boxes to remove the chairs so unfortunately I cannot show you what the boxes looked like since I was so enthusiastic upon delivery and did not think to photograph the boxes. I did not notice the chair arm was damage until I set them both up in my living room.

My grandfather was here over the holiday is an expert wood worker / furniture maker said that the only repair he would attempt is to install a 90 degree angle bracket on the back of the chair to support the loose arm.

Thanks for your attention and assistance in helping to resolve this mater.

Interiormark sent third-party furniture repair tech to my home on 1/16/2015.
Sent 1/23/2015:
The furniture repair tech worked on the recliner last Friday. He stated the chair was missing parts or improperly assembled. The left arm wasn't attached to the main frame assembly.

He screwed several angle brackets to the arm through the upholstery and frame to increase its strength but the left chair is still considerably less strong than the apparently correctly assembled right chair.

I am concerned about the long term durability of this repair and it's not nearly strong enough compared to the right chair.

Therefore, I request the left chair be replaced.
Received 2/3/2015:

In pursuant to your email on 1/30/15, I have received the technician’s report and it clearly states that all problems have been corrected. He also stated that the chair was up to manufacturer standards. Based on the technician’s report we are unable to replace your chair. If you wish to re-select your chair a re-shipping fee of $250.00 dollars will apply. If you wish to return your furniture and get a refund a re-stocking fee of $350.00 will apply. If you have any further questions, concerns please contact our customer service line and we’ll be able to assist you.
Sent 2/3/2015:
That report is in complete contradiction with what he reported to me in my home and the video I emailed to you clearly showing the left arm of the left chair not securely fastened to the chair frame, an obviously manufacturing defect.

Two furniture experts, your technician and my grandfather (an expert furniture builder), examined the chair and came to the same diagnosis independently: defective assembly of the arm to the recliner subframe.

Furthermore, your statement contradicts itself:

all problems have been corrected. He also stated that the chair was up to manufacturer standards.

If the chair was manufactured correctly (to standards), why was an invasive radical repair necessary?

Do your "manufacturing standards" include failing to attach two major subassemblies, and then following delivery, assigning a furniture repair person based out of Texas to drive thousands of miles to your customer's homes to perform ad hoc repairs on an obviously defective product?

As received, the only mechanism holding the arm to the chair was the upholstery. Your technician "corrected problems" by attaching the arm to the frame using several dozen drywall screws and several 90deg brackets. I not only witnessed the repair I assisted him and watched him file his post repair report on his smart phone. It included several photos of these brackets. I assume you have seen these photos and are fully aware of the repair the technician implemented. These photographs support the obvious stated diagnosis that the chair was defective from the factory. Which leads me to conclude you are consciously attempting to defraud me.

Following repair, the technician stated the repaired arm was not as strong as the right chair arm and the repaired arm was unlikely to be durable and that I should request a replacement. I paid $1200 for a new properly manufactured recliner set. What I received is a crudely repaired set that remains defective.

Last edited by InfiniteThought; 03-29-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-10-2015, 11:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It's not uncommon:

f you go to advance search and type in " theaterseatstore.com" you find others that have had issues with this company. I know a company spokesperson has a membership at AVS and from time to time followed up with ppl on AVS. There are also others that have reported positive results too. But, what you describing would put a HUGE "buyer beware" label on buying from them.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-the...rchid=24882650

My awful theaterseatstore.com experience

For others: before you buy run a search through our website and in some cases you'll find some historical feedback from other members.

Here's some other site reviews from google:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ww...rseatstore.com

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Theater_Seat_Store

http://www.bizrate.com/reviews/theat...re.com/200748/

And a D- from BBB:

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...le-fl-90045710

"Retired" AVS Moderator
For Sale: PhilipsHUE 3 Par16 bulbs for $38 each shipped ($22 savings per bulb vs Amazon) buy all 3 for $99 shipped
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...r16-bulbs.html
post #3 of 13 Old 02-10-2015, 12:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just pulled up BBB rating, since the last link I listed above had them at D-....new rating:

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...le-fl-90045710

Revoked...no longer accredited....but it's not like a D- was a passing grade ensuring that ppl would want to do business with them since they had 71 registered complaints.

Here's a recent BBB review:

Jan. 29, 2015

"If you enjoy frustration, disorganization, miscommunication, misrepresentation, false promises, and damaged merchandise, this is the company for you!! If, however, you have enough stress in you life, AVOID THIS COMPANY. Dealing with them is like getting caught in quicksand. The more you try to get out, the deeper you get. We ordered 6 chairs and when they arrived, we found that the chairs were not only used, but showed obvious damage and one even had CAT HAIR on it. REALLY? Yes, we took photo��™s and rejected the shipment. We were told that our money would be refunded but after a month and a half, we opened a dispute with our credit card company. In spite of the fact that we have copies of email from the company assuring us that our money would be refunded, they replied to the dispute claiming we had not returned the merchandise. (Deeper in the quicksand) Now I have to spend time gathering information proving my case in order to get the money back that the company said on multiple occasions they would refund. Save yourself some heartache!! GO ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE

This customer had a NEGATIVE experience with this business.
This customer WOULD NOT recommend the business to a friend, family member, neighbor or colleague.
by Doctor G. on Jan. 29, 2015

"Retired" AVS Moderator
For Sale: PhilipsHUE 3 Par16 bulbs for $38 each shipped ($22 savings per bulb vs Amazon) buy all 3 for $99 shipped

Last edited by rboster; 02-10-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added BBB review
post #4 of 13 Old 02-11-2015, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the information and moral support roboster.

I wish I had done a little more research before making a purchase. I had confidence with this company since a friend of mine had recently made a purchase through them.

Another issue is there aren't many web based companies selling the Palliser product line at a discount. They draw you in with low prices, but leave you to hang out to dry when/if there's ever an issue...
post #5 of 13 Old 02-11-2015, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteThought View Post

I wish I had done a little more research before making a purchase. I had confidence with this company since a friend of mine had recently made a purchase through them.

Another issue is there aren't many web based companies selling the Palliser product line at a discount. They draw you in with low prices, but leave you to hang out to dry when/if there's ever an issue...
They prey upon the "it won't happen to me" feelings we all have. It does seem they've taken a big leap downhill recently....at least that's the feedback seems to be saying...early threads and online feedback showed they were pretty even with good and bad experiences. But recently...it would seem they are to be avoided at all costs.

Hope you get your situation resolved.

Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #6 of 13 Old 02-11-2015, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I'll chime in. There are actually 9 authorized eCommerce partners with Palliser. We are one of them. We work closely with the rep who does ecommerce and we offer the promotions from time to time on Palliser. Last one was free power recline but that's ended and more are scheduled.

Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
post #7 of 13 Old 03-09-2015, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You have options that can get their attention and force them to deal with you. If you bought with a credit card, call up the card company, explain what happened, and dispute the charge because the product you received was not as advertised and the merchant has not been able to repair it to factory new specifications. I would suggest you'd either be willing to accept a completely new item or a return of the defective one for a full refund with no restocking fee (you'll probably have to eat return shipping). I've never had this fail to get the attention of a company, because it prevents them from getting their money and if it happens enough their merchant account will be terminated. Note it you mention you suspect shipping damage is to blame you will probably be out of luck because that should have been reported within 48 hours to the shipper.

Additionally you state they are an authorized retailer. Who authorized them? Contact Paliser, explain the situation, and get their opinion on if the repair would be considered acceptable for a new item. If they say no you have ammunition for justifying your card charge-back or a small claims lawsuit. Also, they may be willing to take care of you, and again if they receive enough complaints about a dealer they may drop them to protect their name.

Unfortunately your story is a double cautionary tale, the most obvious being dubious companies are dubious, but the other important lesson is check all received items within 48 hours for shipping damage, because that is one thing that completely absolves a seller of a problem and the seller is the only person you have ready leverage against.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-23-2015, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Having the same shipping issue with theaterseatstore.com.

Ordered the seat on Nov 2014.... they promised several delivery dates, last was in March 13... Mar 23 nothing... However they charged me the balance already....

Considering dispute charges thru my credit card company...

Manny

Last edited by jme3192; 03-23-2015 at 04:41 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-25-2015, 12:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jme3192 View Post
dispute charges thru my credit card company...

Manny

Manny: that sentence should be past tense. No reason to wait.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #10 of 13 Old 03-29-2015, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Update:

InteriorMark has refunded $300 to my credit card as requested in my BBB complaint.

Can't say I am satisfied with this resolution but it bears noting in this thread. InteriorMark aren't complete deadbeats...

Thanks to all whom have posted their experience and/or advice to this thread.

In hindsight, going low bid on internet purchased furniture may not always be worth the few hundred dollar savings....

[Will post to top of thread for future readers]
post #11 of 13 Old 03-31-2015, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
Manny: that sentence should be past tense. No reason to wait.
Yes, agreed... Done...

Thanks
post #12 of 13 Old 04-22-2015, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It took me 16 weeks to get my order versus estimate of 8-10. Brand new from factory in Mexico...family and I love them.
post #13 of 13 Old Today, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteThought View Post

thanks for the reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories