AVS Forum banner

How wide is too wide theater seating

717 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BIGmouthinDC 
#1 ·
I need help deciding to go with four or five seats in a 16' room. These will be at the back of the room and it seems the seats will be approximately 163" edge to edge for five of them. That leaves around 13.5" per side to the wall. No reason to get behind the chairs as it will be the back row. Just want some opinions on if this is too close for people to sit near a wall? Thanks in advance

James

#6 ·
Well, if there's room for four seats properly placed, you put four seats, not three... 12-15" off center of a 100"+ screen isn't going to be sub-optimal. Odd-seat counts, however, are definitely sub-optimal for couples. :D

#5 ·
if you do 5 seats in the back row, with the seats 13.5 inches from the wall they will make excellent seats for the in-laws when they visit. other than that they will as useful as stadium seats that have "Partially obstructed view" printed on the face of the ticket.

#9 ·
Wanted as many seats as I could get. My friends and family would be fine sitting on the floor as long as a good movie is on haha
Actually after the novelty of your theater wears off your friends will rather sit at home in a comfortable setting for a two hour movie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.