seatcraft venetian love console seating - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By window2000bug

post #1 of 14 Old 12-21-2015, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
seatcraft venetian love console seating

I am very much considering the "seatcraft venetion love consol" seating-seems to be the perfect color and has all the bells and whistles I am looking for, however I am very hesitate to spend that kind of $ without being able to try it out first, so I am looking here for input. My biggest conern is, [U]how does this sofa feel to lay on like a normal sofa, since it has so many individual connected sections. tx u
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-19-22-22-37 (1).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1133602  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-22-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I found out the hard way, it is hard to get detailed responses regarding Seatcraft seats from other members on this forum. They do free power every now and then and if you want to go with Seatcraft from 4seating or theaterseat (same company), you will have to wait for the sale to come back. Other than calling 4seating/theaterseat they are hard to get through with email. I was impressed how HT Design was very active in responding and he is active on this forum as well has videos on their site. Though they no longer selling Seatcraft. I was about to go with them, though I ended up going with some chairs from Costco for $399 each marked down for $499 and love them, best of all I was able to try them out.

I can't speak for the venetion itself, though I do have a sectional that has 3 parts and I regularly sleep on it when I am watching the baby, while I let my wife catch up on some sleep. I don't notice the they are separate pieces, though they do connect together. The Seatcrafts don't have built in connectors like my sectional, though they do sell the brackets to connect them together for $35 each. Some people have complained about this added cost, while others say it isn't needed. I guess sliding and separating might have more to do with your flooring. The reviews for 4seating and theaterseat appear to be a toss up, either things go really well or there are problems and that seems more to do with stock, status, and shipping. If you do go with them, make sure to confirm their stock. Both sites share the same stock.

I know I didn't answer your question directly, but I thought I would share what I spent hours researching.
unretarded likes this.
post #3 of 14 Old 12-26-2015, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Suzieqo, I am in the same boat as you except I took the plunge and currently waiting for delivery. Have been lurking & reading these forums a while but have seen nothing about Element specifically. I went with the Seatcraft Signature 7000 Series Element (4 chairs All power with love-seat in middle & chair on each end)..... Hoping I did not make a mistake. They threw in "removable arm rest" for love-seat & then shipment was delayed & had them throw in 2 flex lights....
Did you go ahead & place an order? I was on the fence but American Express has always been good and stood by me every time I have had a dispute, hopefully I am being skeptical.

post #4 of 14 Old 12-27-2015, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just some advice based on the specific question, you are not going to be able to lay down across this. You can only sit in a single section. If you are looking to lay down, you will have to get a regular sofa/sectional. If they recline, then there are going to be very hard bumps in each section where there is a reclining section. It is just the nature of the mechanics of a recliner.

Gear: Denon AVR-X3200W; Chane A5rx-c Main L/R, Chane A2rx-c center; Elemental Design A5-350 Subwoofer; Panasonic PT-AE8000U; MOnoprice Surrounds; Screen skimmed, waiting to be painted
post #5 of 14 Old 12-28-2015, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedNole View Post
Just some advice based on the specific question, you are not going to be able to lay down across this. You can only sit in a single section. If you are looking to lay down, you will have to get a regular sofa/sectional. If they recline, then there are going to be very hard bumps in each section where there is a reclining section. It is just the nature of the mechanics of a recliner.
I disagree, I have been sleeping on my IooooI, when I am on baby duty every night this past month. The first and 3rd seats recline, the 2nd doesn't recline and the 4th is a chase with a back that reclines. Though I wouldn't be surprised if different manufactures vary.
post #6 of 14 Old 12-30-2015, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Window2000bug thank you, I just want to be able to cuddle up with the wife and watch some movies.
post #7 of 14 Old 12-31-2015, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by window2000bug View Post
I disagree, I have been sleeping on my IooooI, when I am on baby duty every night this past month. The first and 3rd seats recline, the 2nd doesn't recline and the 4th is a chase with a back that reclines. Though I wouldn't be surprised if different manufactures vary.

Windows 2000bug. Finally someone gets me!! lol. Yes I have layed on many in the stores, some are doable others are not. Being as the piece is only mail order, that is the only thing keeping me from not ordering it ASAP, I love everything else about it.

I would love to know or hear from anyone who has this exact piece of furniture.

thanks to all, and Happy New Year
post #8 of 14 Old 12-31-2015, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seno View Post
Suzieqo, I am in the same boat as you except I took the plunge and currently waiting for delivery. Have been lurking & reading these forums a while but have seen nothing about Element specifically. I went with the Seatcraft Signature 7000 Series Element (4 chairs All power with love-seat in middle & chair on each end)..... Hoping I did not make a mistake. They threw in "removable arm rest" for love-seat & then shipment was delayed & had them throw in 2 flex lights....
Did you go ahead & place an order? I was on the fence but American Express has always been good and stood by me every time I have had a dispute, hopefully I am being skeptical.
Aw Seno, you got guts.....hoping it all works out for you!. I cant wait for you to get your furniture so I can hear how you like it Hopefully you will say you love it
post #9 of 14 Old 05-20-2017, 05:36 AM

Hello everyone. My name's David. I've put in a lot of research juxtaposing these types of couches and I tried out similar couches in person at The Big Screen Store. I have decided I am either getting one of the two couches below.

1. Seatcraft Venetian Love Console Recliner - $2,995.00

2. Seatcraft Excalibur LX Home Theater Seating - $1,887.00

Does anyone have either of these couches and can you tell me what your experiences have been? Durability? Comfort laying across them? Video demonstration? Pushing apart from each other? I am going to bite the bullet and buy one next weekend (Memorial Day sale) and more information would be beneficial.

Thanks!
David
dzuck11@gmai
post #10 of 14 Old 05-21-2017, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't have either of those particular Seatcraft seats, but I do have some of their Rialto seats. I have two of the Rialto front row seats, and the three seat Flip Arm Rialto, both in brown top grain leather. I've been happy with them. They're definitely not top of the line, but comfortable and look great in my room. I've had them since last fall, and they get used at least a couple times a week. More if my son is on an Xbox gaming binge with his buddies. They're holding up fine, no problems so far.

The sections on the flip arm seating connect to each other through a metal frame on the bottom. So they don't slide apart.

The two front rows don't connect, but they don't usually move apart, either. The front rows are on an area rug, I don't know if they would be more prone to slide if they were on the vinyl plank floor. They also don't recline, so that may be why they don't move.

As far as comfort, they're all comfortable for watching movies. Maybe a little short if you're tall. I'm 5' 8" and have no problems. My 6'2" son hasn't complained, so I assume it's fine for him, too.
To lay across the 3 seater, isn't quite as comfy as a regular couch. but not bad, either. You can feel some stiffness between the sections, and you don't really sink in like you would on a normal sofa.
I really like the fold down arms on the 3 seat flip arm. The table is a handy spot to set your popcorn and candy. The storage underneath the flip arm sections is a nice spot to keep extra blankets.

If I had it to do over again, I probably would go with power instead of manual recline, and another 3 full sized seats in the front row. I don't like the pull cord mechanism on two of the seats in the three seat unit. They're wedged in between the side of the seat cushion, and I find them awkward. I didn't want power, because I didn't trust the kids to wait for the seat to move back before jumping out of their seats.

The front row seats are comfy, and perfect for gaming, but the full sized chairs are nicer. I use small ottoman foot rests for movie nights. I didn't think I had enough room for a riser, and needed two rows. If I ever decide to build a riser, I'll probably swap them out for three seats with power recline.
post #11 of 14 Old 07-26-2017, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 80
So I was able to purchased 2 sets of 3 straight row Venetians from a neighbor 4 doors down from me a couple of days ago.. All by chance, it worked out. advertised for 1800, with 6 people in line to get them.. i offered $2k for all of them, and they took it. I had already made a trip over to one of there facilities on the northeast side of San Antonio, so i was very familiar with these, and infact, were in my top 3 to purchase.

I noticed these units i bought were built in 2013, and quite honestly, these are in very good shape for the purchase. not disappointed what so ever.. very very comfortable !!!!

However, there is a couple of things I noticed on the ones on got vs the new ones from 4seating dot com.
The cup holder I have do not have any controls built into them. they just light up blue. i think the news ones actually have the controls for the recline function built into the cupholders now.
Mine has the switch for the recline is on the inside of the arm, and does not have a USB port.
The units themselves don't attach to one another, they just sit right next to each other, no attachments.

So even though don't have those items, that's ok. I guess.
I called 4seating dot com to see about changing out the control switch to get a USB port, as I'll need at least one to keep the iRule tablet charged and ready to go. Sent them an email with photos, and still waiting to hear back. they said they had gone away from that style.
In the mean time, I was actually able to find the exact USB switch i would need online by doing some research. ~$14 each will get me USB ports built into the switch.

Overall, in the brief time i was able to try them, i definitely very pleased, even with a used market purchase.

My room is still in built process, so it'll be awhile before I really get to enjoy them.

I would recommend taking a trip to one of their 2 show rooms to try the units out. Go in with paper and pen so you can take notes on things you like/dislike,. The show rooms have allot of choices, and it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Good luck.

JAMES JONES
HT1.0 | HT2.0
post #12 of 14 Old 09-29-2017, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjaymz View Post
So I was able to purchased 2 sets of 3 straight row Venetians from a neighbor 4 doors down from me a couple of days ago.. All by chance, it worked out. advertised for 1800, with 6 people in line to get them.. i offered $2k for all of them, and they took it. I had already made a trip over to one of there facilities on the northeast side of San Antonio, so i was very familiar with these, and infact, were in my top 3 to purchase.
can you tell me where the facilities are in San Antonio?
post #13 of 14 Old 09-29-2017, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjh7 View Post
can you tell me where the facilities are in San Antonio?
If i recall correct, Theaterseat .com and 4seating .com are the same company. Their main warehouse is in California, but have a site in San Antonio located at

106 Guadalupe Dr, Cibolo, TX 78108

When I went, they had a full selection to choose from. I think the manufacture Seatcraft brand.

JAMES JONES
HT1.0 | HT2.0
post #14 of 14 Old 09-29-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjaymz View Post
If i recall correct, Theaterseat .com and 4seating .com are the same company. Their main warehouse is in California, but have a site in San Antonio located at

106 Guadalupe Dr, Cibolo, TX 78108

When I went, they had a full selection to choose from. I think the manufacture Seatcraft brand.
awesome!!!! thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page