Anyone familiar with Seatcraft Diamante's quality - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 07-20-2016, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Exclamation Anyone familiar with Seatcraft Diamante's quality

Considering getting 8 of the Seatcraft Diamante's. However terrified to spend $7k on seats I've never seen nor sat in ? On the pictures they give the appearance that are really nice but I could see once they get here end up being cheap looking in person.

The guys at theaterseatstore.com said Seatcraft is junk which is why they don't sell them anymore. However I could see them saying that bc they don't sell them and want to make a deal with me on their stuff ?

Could anyone help me out on these specific ones or Seatcraft in general ? Would I regret them ?
Thanks !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-20-2016, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked: 849
seems a tad pricey but I have never sat in one...I would never buy a chair w/out sitting in it 1st.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #3 of 9 Old 07-20-2016, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I really don't have any Choice other then flying somewhere. There isn't really anyone around here that has any kind of selection. Just wondering if Seatcraft Makes a good quality product.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-21-2016, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I can't tell you much other than my first interest in seating was the Diamante chair. The two-tone option with red/black still looks awesome, but I did however do my research and found the Diamante was just lacking in durability and overall quality.

Truth be told, I ended up going with HTMarket and I haven't looked back. I chose the Hamilton model and this chair is built like a tank.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-01-2016, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlohojo7 View Post
Considering getting 8 of the Seatcraft Diamante's. However terrified to spend $7k on seats I've never seen nor sat in ? On the pictures they give the appearance that are really nice but I could see once they get here end up being cheap looking in person.

The guys at theaterseatstore.com said Seatcraft is junk which is why they don't sell them anymore. However I could see them saying that bc they don't sell them and want to make a deal with me on their stuff ?

Could anyone help me out on these specific ones or Seatcraft in general ? Would I regret them ?
Thanks !!!!!
I just went to 4seating's showroom last week and sat in them as I'm about ready to buy 7 of them as well. They were a little firm for my liking but that's just personal preference. I wouldn't say they were firm enough that it was uncomfortable. I still like the look of them so much that I'm probably still going to end up buying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mBol View Post
I can't tell you much other than my first interest in seating was the Diamante chair. The two-tone option with red/black still looks awesome, but I did however do my research and found the Diamante was just lacking in durability and overall quality.

Truth be told, I ended up going with HTMarket and I haven't looked back. I chose the Hamilton model and this chair is built like a tank.
Where did you find info on the Diamante that said they were lacking durability and overall quality? I can't find any reviews on them other than the 1 on 4seating which is positive.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I have seatcraft adonis seats that I actually bought off theaterseatstore.com year before last. They are very comfortable, look very nice, and have held up great. I love mine. Can't speak to the diamante specifically, but my Seatcraft chairs I love and don't regret the purchase at all. Especially seeing as many other seats were ridiculously priced solely because of the niche "theater" seat moniker. Don't overpay is my advice.

BenQ HT1085ST|Epson 5040UB|Silver Ticket 106'' Screen| Onkyo TX-NR3030| SVS Ultra Towers| SVS Ultra Center| SVS Ultra Surrounds| SVS Ultra Bookshelves| Def-Tech DI-8R in-ceiling speakers| PSA XS30SE subs| Buttkickers X's 4, 2 buttkicker amps| Oppo UDP-203| Darbee Darblet 5000| Monster HTS 5000 MKII| Carver 705x| PS4 w/VR|Xbox 360|Xbox One Forza Edition|Xbox w/coinops| Harmony Touch| Dell XPS 420 HTPC W/ Kodi W/12TB NAS| Seatcraft Adonis Seats| Monoprice & Sewell Direct cables|OmniMount RE42 Rack
post #7 of 9 Old 08-02-2016, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by talko17 View Post
Where did you find info on the Diamante that said they were lacking durability and overall quality? I can't find any reviews on them other than the 1 on 4seating which is positive.
I probably should have been more descriptive in my reply. The conclusion above though is my own, and after doing many hours of research in general.

I shouldn't have singled out the Diamante, although if you scour the depths of Google, you'll definitely find more than one review. In the end, I noticed more negatives overall for the Seatcraft brand than I cared to spend good money on. I guess that's what soured me the most.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-01-2017, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:

Thanks !!!!!
jlohojo7 did you buy these in the end?, I'm much in the same boat as you were, thinking about seating but not wanting to spend tons without sitting in them. (also I see that with most sellers you lose about 30% if you return them in restocking fees, so it can be a costly mistake to make)
post #9 of 9 Old 09-21-2017, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seatcraft isn't junk.

Quote:

Thanks !!!!!
Theaterseatstore.com says Seatcraft is junk because they're competitors. 4seating=Seatcraft. Theaterseatstore=Octane.

In my opinion, I've sat in the seatcraft showroom and enjoy the service and quality. Whenever I've read about someone having an issue with 4seating, they fix it, and then some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page