Recommendations For Full Leather Seats - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Recommendations For Full Leather Seats

Hi all,

I'm in the market for 3 full leather HT seats for my newly re-constructed basement. Looking at a curved set of three. My research so far has taken me to consider Palliser, Elite, and Jaymar. Although the Palliser's are less expensive to begin with, the prices between the three get a lot closer when full leather is in play. These are the specific models I have been looking at: Palliser Autobahn, Elite C1-M, Jaymar Panther.

Being that this is fairly large investment I'm curious as to the boards opinion of the construction, quality, and durability of the mentioned chairs/brands.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2645 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
I've had clients with Jaymar and Palliser, I'd rate both good with Jaymar better than the Palliser. On another note, Why full leather rather than leather match? I have leather match with in my theater and never missed leather on the surfaces I don't touch.
post #3 of 5 Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I would opt for Palliser leather seats.

Ashley Furniture HomeStore
post #4 of 5 Old Today, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
I've had clients with Jaymar and Palliser, I'd rate both good with Jaymar better than the Palliser. On another note, Why full leather rather than leather match? I have leather match with in my theater and never missed leather on the surfaces I don't touch.
That's a great point with the leather match. How is the durability on the vinyl portions? Any issues?

Additionally the reason I mentioned the Elite C1-M is because of the sale they are running. You can purchase direct from them for $1950 per chair (advertised on web site). The only caveat is you can't customize them beyond the cup holder color. Full leather and 10 year warranty. The only difference between the C1 and the customs (according to Elite) is that the upholstering is done overseas. The assembly is done in Canada.
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 11:04 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2645 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
The sections of the chair that have vinyl on a leather match chair are the surfaces you don't touch like the backs of the back rest. For that reason wear is not an issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories