LED Movie Poster Frames - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-03-2017, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LED Movie Poster Frames

I'm down to the final stages of my build & should be ready for the first movie in about 2 weeks time One of the final items to go in will be 3 backlit LED movie poster frames. I was really hoping to have the poster lights dimmable - The room is a dedicated room with dark walls, ceiling & floor (no light from windows & doors will be shut during movie time). I like to have a bit of ambient light in the room from something other than the TV so I set up my lighting in 4 zones (ceiling pots, perimeter RGB cove, wall sconces & movie posters), with each zone going to a lutron caseta switch or dimmer & will set up different scenes based on the activity going on.

For those that have, or have seen LED poster frame in a dedicated room (not an adjoining games room, hallway, open area, etc) what do you do - are they generally way too bright to have on during movie watching or do they still create a nice effect & is the brightness somewhat offset by brightness of the tv screen (I have an 80" LED TV - which is not installed yet, so I'm not sure how bright it would be either).

Again, my ideal scenario would have been to find a dimmable option (could set brightness to 10-15% during a movie watching scene, then back up to 100% for a house light scene), but the selection for dimmable options is minimal (& anything I did find was cost prohibitive). I also considered building my own, but even with that option I was struggling with figuring out all the components needed & work exactly how I want so I think at some point there will be a tradeoff.

Advice/Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page