2Likes

post #1 of 31 Old 07-13-2017, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Octane Dream HR Series

Has anyone tried the Octane dream HR series in a demo room or own one? What are your thoughts if so. Are there any other brands you would recommend over this one? I looked at the Palliser models online but when you add everything in, it's almost twice the price. Not sure if I want to pay that much or not.

Last edited by ay221; 07-13-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-14-2017, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay221 View Post
Has anyone tried the Octane dream HR series in a demo room or own one? What are your thoughts if so.
I'm with you here. The look and powered headrest are interesting. I think these are newer seats (Octane's whole "HR" line is?), are they around anywhere for a demo?
post #3 of 31 Old 07-16-2017, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i just bought some Octane XL700, full leather and power, they arriving on Tuesday (cant wait) Ill let you know how they are.

post #4 of 31 Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk7280 View Post
i just bought some Octane XL700, full leather and power, they arriving on Tuesday (cant wait) Ill let you know how they are.
I'd like to hear your thoughts. Also, how did you go about shopping and ultimately choosing that model?
post #5 of 31 Old 07-17-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistere311 View Post
I'd like to hear your thoughts. Also, how did you go about shopping and ultimately choosing that model?

Well I wanted 4 in a straight row, and they needed to be leather, and have power. me and my entire family are on the bigger side so I also wanted something that was a bit bigger, so I picked the XL700 since they have one of the larger seats (24.5 inches) and also one of the bigger things was theaterstore.com offers 24 month interest free financing so it was nice to be to finance the chairs instead of paying cash.

They were the most affordable chairs that fit all my criteria, plus the no interest financing as icing on the cake.
post #6 of 31 Old 07-17-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Well I wanted 4 in a straight row, and they needed to be leather, and have power. me and my entire family are on the bigger side so I also wanted something that was a bit bigger, so I picked the XL700 since they have one of the larger seats (24.5 inches) and also one of the bigger things was theaterstore.com offers 24 month interest free financing so it was nice to be to finance the chairs instead of paying cash.

They were the most affordable chairs that fit all my criteria, plus the no interest financing as icing on the cake.
I share your thinking. My current seats are about 22 inches, and I think 24 inches plus would be nice. Did you rule out seats with powered headrests? I'm afraid of getting something without that feature and then regretting it.
post #7 of 31 Old 07-21-2017, 05:41 AM

I ordered a sample of Octane's red leather used on the Dream and also a sample of Barcalounger's red leather used on the Matrix, which appears very similar to the Dream. When they arrive, I'll post a side-by-side picture.
post #8 of 31 Old 07-27-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I share your thinking. My current seats are about 22 inches, and I think 24 inches plus would be nice. Did you rule out seats with powered headrests? I'm afraid of getting something without that feature and then regretting it.
To be honest, I never thought about it being an option, powered headrests weren't a deal breaker for me.

anyways the seats came in this week, and so far I love them, they are firm but very comfortable and I like things more on the extra soft cushion side, The real leather feels amazing. Recline is great, the size is perfect and I have plenty of room. I like the fact the led lights can be turned off and on. Because I wouldn't want them on during a movie. I would definitely recommend Octane Turbo XL700.
post #9 of 31 Old 07-27-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
To be honest, I never thought about it being an option, powered headrests weren't a deal breaker for me.

anyways the seats came in this week, and so far I love them, they are firm but very comfortable and I like things more on the extra soft cushion side, The real leather feels amazing. Recline is great, the size is perfect and I have plenty of room. I like the fact the led lights can be turned off and on. Because I wouldn't want them on during a movie. I would definitely recommend Octane Turbo XL700.
post #10 of 31 Old 08-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Here is a comparison of the reds available for the Dream HR and the Matrix. Matrix red is on the left, Dream HR "red" is the right.

Sadly, the Dream HR is not available in a real red, the closest they can get is "Burgundy," which is a no go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170805_164119.jpg (122.1 KB, 56 views)
post #11 of 31 Old 08-16-2017, 11:29 AM

Well, despite the absence of reviews, and after much internal debate and research, I ordered a straight row of 3 Octane Dream HR in black. 8 to 10 weeks to delivery. One note, the actual width for this configuration is 100 inches not 96 inches as posted on Octane's website. This was confirmed by an Octane sales rep.
post #12 of 31 Old 08-16-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Well, despite the absence of reviews, and after much internal debate and research, I ordered a straight row of 3 Octane Dream HR in black. 8 to 10 weeks to delivery. One note, the actual width for this configuration is 100 inches not 96 inches as posted on Octane's website. This was confirmed by an Octane sales rep.
I love my Octane Turbo XL7000 they are great.. so im sure those Dreams will be just as good.
post #13 of 31 Old 08-19-2017, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I really want to sit in the Octane Dream HR - I think its close to what I'm looking for. Is there anyplace to sit in these in the Minneapolis area? Or something similar?
post #14 of 31 Old 08-19-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman_Maclean View Post
I really want to sit in the Octane Dream HR - I think its close to what I'm looking for. Is there anyplace to sit in these in the Minneapolis area? Or something similar?
Best Buy sells the Octane series at there stores so a lot of times you can try out there chairs there
post #15 of 31 Old 08-21-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Best Buy sells the Octane series at there stores so a lot of times you can try out there chairs there
I went to the Minnetonka Best Buy and they had crappy theater seats, manual, poor leather, and I took a picture and they don't look like any Octane model. I wonder if there is a better store somewhere in the Mpls metro that would have a decent Octane I can try. I guess I'll call around unless anyone knows of any. So hard to find decent seating that you can actually try out.
post #16 of 31 Old 08-21-2017, 01:26 PM

I'll give my thoughts once I have my seats. I have high, but not unreasonable expectations of comfort and quality.
post #17 of 31 Old 08-21-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I went to the Minnetonka Best Buy and they had crappy theater seats, manual, poor leather, and I took a picture and they don't look like any Octane model. I wonder if there is a better store somewhere in the Mpls metro that would have a decent Octane I can try. I guess I'll call around unless anyone knows of any. So hard to find decent seating that you can actually try out.
yeah id try a different best buy.. usually they have the tag on it so you know what brand it is..

agreed about finding a nice furniture store that actually sold theatre seating.. would love to actually try the stuff before dropping 2700 dollars on seats.. lol
post #18 of 31 Old 09-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
I stopped into the local BB today hoping to see the Octane, but no joy. They had only one row of seats which I assume is the same set you saw. Sales guy said it was a Salamander, which I know as a maker of other media furniture, cabinets, TV stands, etc. Didn't know they made seating. I was not impressed.

I'm following along in case someone chimes in on the Dream set. I like the idea of the headrest, as it allows more recline without craning the neck.
post #19 of 31 Old 09-05-2017, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I just ordered two individual Flex HR (loveseat to follow if these are comfy). I really like the comfort of the Best Buy Octane units, so I thought I would go for it even though this is a new model. My preference was controls not on cup holder, liked the new glass trays, and the overall look. Labor day sale was also pretty appealing. Also looking at 8-10 weeks. The Curve HR were available within a week.

PSN: maleficent127
post #20 of 31 Old 09-06-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyp View Post
I just ordered two individual Flex HR (loveseat to follow if these are comfy). I really like the comfort of the Best Buy Octane units, so I thought I would go for it even though this is a new model. My preference was controls not on cup holder, liked the new glass trays, and the overall look. Labor day sale was also pretty appealing. Also looking at 8-10 weeks. The Curve HR were available within a week.
Flex is my preference too. Where did you sit in an Octane? Also where was the labor day sale? I see black trays, where do you see the new glass ones?

Also Is there anyone in the Minneapolis area that has an octane that is willing to let me sit in it?

Is there anywhere in the Chicago area I can sit in an Octane? I'd fly there for a day if I could try the Octane, HT Market, and RTheaters but not sure if anywhere there would have the Octane either.

Last edited by Norman_Maclean; 09-06-2017 at 11:16 AM.
post #21 of 31 Old 09-06-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Flex is my preference too. Where did you sit in an Octane? Also where was the labor day sale? I see black trays, where do you see the new glass ones?

Also Is there anyone in the Minneapolis area that has an octane that is willing to let me sit in it?

Is there anywhere in the Chicago area I can sit in an Octane? I'd fly there for a day if I could try the Octane, HT Market, and RTheaters but not sure if anywhere there would have the Octane either.
I ordered from the Theater Seat Store. They had a pretty decent Labor Day sale on Octane and other brands. If you go to seat accessories and pick octane it shows all the new accessories. My wife and I liked the new tempered glass trays. I tried the Best Buy Octane models at my local store with a Magnolia section. They had a few models and they were all comfortable and the leather and stitching seemed great. I hope the new HR series is just as comfortable. The sales person seemed to think so over the phone. We'll see.

post #22 of 31 Old 09-23-2017, 12:56 PM

Well I finally found a Best Buy with some of the older model Octanes. They were really comfy and much less firm than the Palliser Flicks which was the other model I was considering. So I think I'll go with the Octane Flex HR - they look like they might be a little less cushy than the regular Octanes but judging by the comfort of the ones at Best Buy I'm guessing they are less firm and more cozy than the Palliser, and also a lot less expensive. I wanted something modern looking with electric head rests and these were some of the only 2 that fit the bill.
post #23 of 31 Old 09-24-2017, 03:02 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3896 Post(s)
Liked: 3329
Be aware that some of Best Buy's Octane seating uses Bonded leather, that is a mistake you will only make once.
post #24 of 31 Old 09-25-2017, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Just ordered the Palliser Flicks in Hush Grey Microfiber. I went with Microfiber because I wanted a more modern look. Will post pics when I receive them in 4-6 weeks to help others who are still deciding.

Theater Setup: 5.2.5 (10.1 Auro3D) / ~3100 cu.ft. / Vaulted Ceiling
Projector:JVC DLA-X570R Screen:SI Performance Series 16:9 100" Source Player:Oppo BDP-103D/UDP-203 Pre/Pro:Marantz AV8802A Amps:Emotiva XPA-5(Fronts/Surrounds) and BasX A500(Heights) Fronts/Surrounds:Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 Center:Sonus Faber Venere Center Front/Rear Heights:Definitive Technology PM1000 / ProCenter1000(VOG) Subwoofer:Dual SVS SB-2000 Speaker Wire:Monoprice CL2 12-AWG w/Bananas ICs:BlueJeanCables/Mediabridge
post #25 of 31 Old 09-25-2017, 09:37 AM

Still happily waiting on mine, approaching the 6 week mark. I think I'll have the room finished just in time for the arrival (I hope!).
pacman9270 likes this.
post #26 of 31 Old 09-27-2017, 01:47 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Still happily waiting on mine, approaching the 6 week mark. I think I'll have the room finished just in time for the arrival (I hope!).
Is that standard delivery time, or did you customize something?
post #27 of 31 Old 09-27-2017, 02:10 PM

Standard timeframe, nothing custom just a row of three recliners in black.
bustamelon likes this.
post #28 of 31 Old 10-14-2017, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Did your seats ever arrive? I am looking to buy the Octane Flex HR and I am worried about if they are going to be soft and plush enough. I don't want a really firm chair. Also wondering how solid the construction is. If you pull the top right corner of a chair towards the top left corner does it barely move or does the entire frame wobble. That is a decent way to see how well constructed they are. None of the Best Buy Magnolia rooms in my area have Octane chairs on display so I can't find one to sit in.
post #29 of 31 Old 10-14-2017, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyp View Post
I ordered from the Theater Seat Store. They had a pretty decent Labor Day sale on Octane and other brands. If you go to seat accessories and pick octane it shows all the new accessories. My wife and I liked the new tempered glass trays. I tried the Best Buy Octane models at my local store with a Magnolia section. They had a few models and they were all comfortable and the leather and stitching seemed great. I hope the new HR series is just as comfortable. The sales person seemed to think so over the phone. We'll see.
Did your Flex HR's arrive? If so, are they comfortable?
post #30 of 31 Old 10-14-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCinKC View Post
Did your Flex HR's arrive? If so, are they comfortable?
I hope to see my Flex chairs in about 4 weeks. I'll respond once they arrive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page