AC Infinity Aircom Series T8 and T9 Component Cooling Fans Hands-On - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #61 of 64 Old 09-19-2017, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an open air cabinet and just put a T9 on top of a Denon AVR-X6300H. It is running in AUTO MODE with the ALARM temp set at 90 and the set temp at 85. Are these good temp numbers or are they way too conservative? I felt like the Denon was very hot and it being my first one I didn't know if they ran hot so I bought the T9. At the same time I am a little leery of this sitting right on top of my receiver and itself adding to the problem!
Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 09-19-2017, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 6625 Post(s)
Liked: 11398
Quote:
Originally Posted by iblong View Post
I have an open air cabinet and just put a T9 on top of a Denon AVR-X6300H. It is running in AUTO MODE with the ALARM temp set at 90 and the set temp at 85. Are these good temp numbers or are they way too conservative? I felt like the Denon was very hot and it being my first one I didn't know if they ran hot so I bought the T9. At the same time I am a little leery of this sitting right on top of my receiver and itself adding to the problem!
Run it on the lowest fan setting, that's what I do. It's basically silent and it'll provide a continuous benefit of keeping your AVR nice and cool.

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at AVS Forum
post #63 of 64 Old 09-24-2017, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Finally bought a t8. Was waiting on it for some reason like that would make the cost smaller some how. It'll be here in about a week. I can't wait to test it out. I have had a standing, oscillating fan pointed at my rack from outside my AV closet for a couple months and it is ridiculous. This should be a great improvement.

post #64 of 64 Old 10-16-2017, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by iblong View Post
I have my t8's sitting on top of my parasound amps set to 96 degrees. It keeps them at about 89-90 in auto mode in my closed door open back cabinet. Seems to keep the amps happy with the doors closed which makes my wife happy.

LG 65C7p | Sony PS3 | Sony PS4 | Apple Ariport Express | FIOS TV and Internet | Emotiva UMC-200 | Parasound HCA2003a | Parasound HCA1500a x 2 | Samson S1000 | Berhinger BFD | Monster HTS3500 | AC Infinity Aircom T8 x 2 | NHT 1.5 | NHT VS2 | NHT Super Ones | SVS PC Ultra x2 | Harmony Elite | Salamander Venice 237 | Sound Anchors Cone Coasters | Vibrapods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
ac infinity , aircom , cooling fans

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page