UPS for LG E7, Oppo 203 and Denon X4300H - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-31-2017, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 12
UPS for LG E7, Oppo 203 and Denon X4300H

Hey folks, not sure if this is the right place for it but I was wondering if this UPS would be ok to use with my 55" E7, the Oppo 203 and the Denon X4300h, mainly during firmware updates. We don't get a lot of power outages in our area, but there is always that one or two time a year where it goes out for a quick second. I'm thinking this should be enough, but they do have higher wattage ones available if needed

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16842102132

Thoughts/recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-01-2017, 04:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 428
I have the 1500VA version of that one for my main theater system and its worked great. I currently just have my projector, AVR, network switch and XB1 using the UPS sockets. Gives me enough time to safely power down the projector during power loss which was my primary reason for getting a UPS. Which, here in Florida that is a rather common occurrence
post #3 of 4 Old 09-01-2017, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 242
I wouldn't worry too much about power loss during a firmware update, each of those components can recover in reality should they suffer a power loss during updating. It's best not to interrupt such process but using a 1500 KVA should be enough to keep it running until it finishes. The chance of an update happing during a power loss is slim as you would have to hit it at the right time. Upgrading during such a time would be rare I would think. Now for having a projector in a power loss prone area makes sense to me. Projects need to cool the lamps in order not to diminish life etc.

Jut my 2 cents

My Main HT-Setup
LG OLEDE7P - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Technology Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - A60 for ATMOS - SVS Ultra-13 SUB- Xbox One S - DirecTV 4K - Sony Blu-ray - Panamax Power Center - Microwave oven for Popcorn

post #4 of 4 Old 09-06-2017, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks guys, I think I'll hold off on it until the prices go back down again. I just missed the 1500va one on sale for $179.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page