Pallier Pacifico - able to feel springs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-07-2017, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Pallier Pacifico - able to feel springs

Hey all.

I've had the Palliser Pacifico seats (straight row of 3) for about a week now, but am debating on returning them. I can actually feel the springs through the seat cushion when I sit down (I am 6'1, 185lbs). At first I didn't feel them, but now I can (I guess after the padding was broken in). I thought maybe one was defective, so I tried sitting on a different one for a day but it had the same issue. I can really only feel them in the upright position. When I recline, it's hard to feel them anymore unless I shift my weight around to change position/posture, but I can still feel them. It hasn't really caused any discomfort yet, but I fear that it will only get worse if I end up keeping them. I feel like its a quality issue, maybe with a certain batch or something (and I just got unlucky) and I really shouldn't keep chairs where I can feel the springs after only a few days of use.

I used to have the Playback model (curved row), but had to get rid of them because they wouldn't fit in the new place. I am really disappointed that the Pacifico isn't on par with my old Playback chairs, considering they are about the same price and are the same brand.

I am really opposed to buying something without sitting in it first and Palliser is the only reputable brand of home theater chairs at my local furniture shop. They only carry the Playback and Pacifico, and out of the two, the Pacifico is really my only option because of space.

However, they do have a large selection of Ekornes Stressless chairs. I am debating just saying screw it, ditching the home theater style seating all together and going with a Stressless. The only issue is that ONE Stressless chair is about the same price as the THREE Pacifico chairs I have currently.

Another option would be to just throw in some Ikea Poang chairs. I have some that are used in another room currently and for some reason those things continue to be incredibly comfortable. The only issue is that they don't recline back like the theater/stressless chairs do, and for long sessions, the Poangs can sometimes cause some discomfort.

Arghh... so frustrated. Not really sure what to do. Any thoughts?

Basically my options are:
1. Ikea Poang baby! (most cost effective - some comfort sacrifice)
2. Keep Pacificos and hope the springs don't cause long-term issues (easiest option)
3. Sell my soul and grab some Stressless recliners (expeeeeensive, but probably the best for quality/comfort)
4. Search around for something else

Last edited by reasoner512; 09-07-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-10-2017, 08:55 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
Liked: 3333
post #3 of 3 Old 09-11-2017, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 9
My plan is to do option 1 + 4. I set up a return for the Pacifico chairs which will be picked up next weekend. I will keep an eye out for something different, but the comfort and aesthetics of the Poang chairs are good enough to allow me to take my time finding something else. I think I want to just stray away form the theater style all together though. I wish they just made a deluxe version of the Poang honestly.

Last edited by reasoner512; 09-11-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page