This would drive me nuts--aren't others bothered by these speaker aesthetics? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By torii

post #1 of 7 Old 10-02-2017, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
This would drive me nuts--aren't others bothered by these speaker aesthetics?

I would never buy those speakers--with those gold moons staring at me while I'm trying to watch a movie? Whatever happened to black coverings?

I've never understood equipment makers that do not consider home theater aesthetics. Equipment makers who put bright ON-lights on the front of the equipment that can't be dimmed or turned off in settings, glossy black casings that reflect images from the TV when its on. Gold moons--I can't believe people buy those.

Don't companies that make this stuff for home theaters think about these kind of things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-02-2017, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 847
I dont watch a movie with a flash :P
Spyderturbo007 likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-02-2017, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvxq View Post

I would never buy those speakers--with those gold moons staring at me while I'm trying to watch a movie? Whatever happened to black coverings?

I've never understood equipment makers that do not consider home theater aesthetics. Equipment makers who put bright ON-lights on the front of the equipment that can't be dimmed or turned off in settings, glossy black casings that reflect images from the TV when its on. Gold moons--I can't believe people buy those.

Don't companies that make this stuff for home theaters think about these kind of things?
The people with blacked out home theaters are the minority, though I do agree that undimmable bright lights are annoying.

As far as the Klipsch copper cones go, that's sort of become a trademark of theirs for their non-heritage home line, you see copper cones chances are it's a Klipsch speaker. Plus, if they bother you, just use the grills.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C

post #4 of 7 Old 10-03-2017, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
They do come with the black grills,

I normally have my grills off for a wow factor when people walk into the room, but when I'm watching a movie I put them back on,

My room is dark and even with them off they don't disturb my viewing, I just prefer the darkness of all black (or as close to it)

Grills off for show
Grill on when watching like a pro
post #5 of 7 Old 10-04-2017, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I think it would be distracting and keep you from being drawn into the movie as much, but to each their own.
I'd actually prefer people not to see the speakers, and only hear them. Of course I think having spotlights pointed at your viewing area while watching is a terrible idea, so hopefully that was just for the picture. Or like said above, maybe it was just a camera flash.

Optoma HD37 on 138" DIY AT Screen
Infinity Beta 40s, Infinity Beta C250, Atlantic Technologies 224 SR
BIC H100 (DIY in the works)
Old Pioneer VSX-521
post #6 of 7 Old 10-13-2017, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 75
First thing I did was remove the grills on my Klipsch. Love the copper look, as well on the ceiling Klipsch.

As stated, if they bother you, leave the black grills on.

And don't judge a book by its cover. They are rocking and rolling speakers that kick arse and leave no prisoners. They will blast your room off its foundation and them some.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I have 4 Klipsch speakers for my surrounds and 4 def tech atmos speakers in the ceilings. I'm getting ready to paint all the grills they came with black, but I think the room looks sharp without the grills. We'll see how it all looks with and without them. The front SVS speakers will be hidden behind the screens false wall

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2588.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	762.2 KB
ID:	2299878

Name:	IMG_2589.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	835.5 KB
ID:	2299880

Name:	IMG_2595.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	877.6 KB
ID:	2299882

It may not be your job, but perhaps it's your opportunity.

MPJ's theater build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ter-build.html

Last edited by mpjmeyer; 10-17-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page