1Likes

post #1141 of 1156 Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 PM
PAP
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow a blast from the past, I used a pair of the aura's about 10 years ago. I bought the cheapest receiver I could find off ebay at the time. Thing came smelling like cigarette smoke, but I think it was maybe 20 or 30 bucks or something and powered them great.

Basically any receiver will work if you run them in series to get 8 ohms.

Good, cheap, easy - pick any two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1156 Old 07-22-2012, 09:42 AM

thanks

I dug out an old RCA RT2500 receiver (see pic below) IT has 5 speaker terminals and a lfe subwoofer RCA output. so would i split the LFW sub out on my main receiver (1 going to current subwoofer) a d other going to this RCA receiver? What input would i use on this rCA receiver? any input DVD/TV etc? and would i use the Left Speaker terminal to wire the bass shaker too? or am i suppose to use the lfe sub out on the RCA amp too?
thanks
post #1143 of 1156 Old 07-22-2012, 11:36 AM
PAP
AVS Special Member

What you describe is exactly what I did: split the sub out and send it to "dvd" or whatever and then run whatever channel you hook it to (left or right) speaker output to the shaker. Your receiver will likely have more than enough power to run off a single output. Just fine tune the volume where you want it and then leave it there - control it after that by your main processor volume.

post #1144 of 1156 Old 07-22-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAP View Post

What you describe is exactly what I did: split the sub out and send it to "dvd" or whatever and then run whatever channel you hook it to (left or right) speaker output to the shaker. Your receiver will likely have more than enough power to run off a single output. Just fine tune the volume where you want it and then leave it there - control it after that by your main processor volume.

thanks.. i was wondering since this receiver has an RCA sub output for a powered sb. If i conencted the bass shakers to say the Left channel, will it work good? I was thinking the redeiver has a filter that only sends low freq to the RCA LFE subwoofer out and isolates the Center/Left/Rigth/Surrounds ... i am hoping i'm wrong here

Also, would i get more power if i tried to bridge the Left and Right speaker terminals?
post #1145 of 1156 Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAP View Post

The receiver is rated at 50watts 6ohms per channel .... is that enough? the bass shakers are rated at 50 watts each
post #1146 of 1156 Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
PAP
AVS Special Member

That will probably work, but you'll be running it pretty much maxed out on output. A higher rating would be nice, but I doubt that amp will run 4 ohm load without overheating, so wire them in parallel, turn the voume up and see how it works. The nice thing is you don't really care about distortion, so you'll probably be fine.

I remember my first shaker installation - adds a whole element to the theater, I think you'll enjoy them.

post #1147 of 1156 Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 PM

thanks

I just scored a subwoofer power supply 100W i assume this is better
post #1148 of 1156 Old 09-10-2013, 02:49 PM

Hi Tom. I bought 4 of these a month ago. I am powering them with a Dayton SA100 amp with the signal coming from a Sony STD NR-1040 receiver. I have one per seat and it's awesome. I am going to buy 4 more and another amp for my front theater seats.
post #1149 of 1156 Old 09-15-2013, 07:38 AM

Hi... I'm a newby and have searched the threads so I apologize if I missed somewhere where my question may have been answered. I'm building a home theater and have bought 3 palliser home theater seats. At this point I have no receiver purchased. I'm going to buy three Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers (one for each seat). My home theater will be a 5.1 system but I'm curious if I can eliminate the need for a separate AMP to power the shakers if I was to buy a 7.1 receiver and have the extra two channels power the shakers. Will this work or will it cause performance issues?

Thanks
post #1150 of 1156 Old 09-15-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Not sure about those shakers, but you will probably need an extra amp. Mine sends the sub-out to the amp, the amp to the shakers. I wouldn't try it on the same amp as the feed will be the surround and not the sub which is what you need. If you have a 7.2 (or 5.2) you may be able to avoid a splitter to the amp.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
post #1151 of 1156 Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 AM

Thanks sivartk.

I have 3 theater seats and will be installing one aura shaker per seat. What AMP would you recommend for this and how should I hook them up? Seires? Other?

Like I said, I have no equipment yet so I'm pretty flexible.
post #1152 of 1156 Old 05-15-2014, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
having some issues trying to place my new buttkicker mini lfe. my recliner is very limited, basically i only have a couple of obvious options.

1) inside middle screwed into the side
2) at the bottom in the inner arms left/right
3) any other suggestions?

i cant fit it above or below the middle bar, no room frown.gif

thanks for the assist

post #1153 of 1156 Old 05-16-2014, 05:37 AM

Hi

I'm looking at purchasing Butt-kickers for my Modular 2 seat recliner and chase couch. I did not plan ahead for this and looks like most of the frame is metal and sitting on the carpet with the chase on small legs.

Living in Australia this gear is heavily overpriced looking at ordering from pagnami imports non the less. As people are saying these are bang for buck.

My receiver is located behind couch so wireless is not a issue.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Buttkicker-LFE-Kit-Subwoofer-Ultra-bass-low-frequency-generator-/171325926209?pt=AU_Hi_Fi_Speakers&hash=item27e3d22b41&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Buttkicker-Wireless-Kit-Ultimate-4D-home-theatre-movie-or-gaming-experience-/121004395140?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item1c2c6c8a84&_uhb=1

My two questions are..

Should I go with the wireless package that is cheaper with the remote and butt kicker advance. Or the more powerful amp and buttkicker LFE pack?

I have this 7.2 receiver from Yamaha, what is the best way to wire this baby up? I have a electrician on hand so running wires everywhere is no problem =)

http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx-v575_g/?mode=model#page=2&mode=paging

post #1154 of 1156 Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hi I'm a newbie with the Aura shakers. I bought a pair of AuraSound AST-2B-4 off craigslist and hooked it up to a 50 watt parasound amp to a Onkyo 708 pre-out sub connection and I am barely getting any shaking lol. I'm I doing something wrong? Maybe I should get the Dayton Audio SA70? Please help I'm frustrated. Thanks.

post #1155 of 1156 Old 06-30-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post
Hi I'm a newbie with the Aura shakers. I bought a pair of AuraSound AST-2B-4 off craigslist and hooked it up to a 50 watt parasound amp to a Onkyo 708 pre-out sub connection and I am barely getting any shaking lol. I'm I doing something wrong? Maybe I should get the Dayton Audio SA70? Please help I'm frustrated. Thanks.
Yep, you're doing something wrong; you've got 'em hooked to the wrong connection. You need to put a subwoofer amp between the pre-out and the shakers.
post #1156 of 1156 Old 06-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies View Post
Yep, you're doing something wrong; you've got 'em hooked to the wrong connection. You need to put a subwoofer amp between the pre-out and the shakers.
Thanks for the reply. I found out it was the sub vol on the Onkyo(raised it to 0db), so now it's evened out with my SVS sub. Now imma rockin'. I also ordered a splitter as well, so only 1 is hooked up right now.

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page