Hi all, I'm glad there's an active thread on this subject, as I just got my first pair of 25w 4 ohms shakers. Upon doing a quick test and setup, the following are my 1001 questions... please help :-
1) Is it better to split the LFE output from primary amp, so I can plug into the L and R of the secondary amp? Any difference compared to just one input eg. L only?
2) Would there be a loss in sound quality to my subwoofer considering there's a split of signal to the secondary amp? Or due to lower quality Y connector?
3) The vibrations from the shakers, do you feel it at the bottom of the seat or does it spread to viewer's back as well? Right now, mine is the former only.
4) If the primary's volume is at 5 and the secondary is at 5 for the best vibration, does increasing/reducing the primary volume need me to adjust the secondary or is it automatically adjusted proportionately?
5) If my secondary output per channel is 85w 8ohms, what actually happens if I connect a 25w bass shaker to each channel only or connect 2 shakers in a series? What's the difference? Would one of them blow up my shaker or amp? My amp has higher watts, does it mean my shaker can blow up if volume is too high?
Thanks in advance.
Clatto! Verata! Nnyaarrghahum(coughcough)!!