AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Excel Semi-Automated Ticket Maker

11K views 143 replies 47 participants last post by  MikeWh 
#1 ·
I thought I would revive an old thread, since others may be interested in this... I didn't want to bump it, since it was a pretty long thread with several different discussions. If you want to read the original thread, there is more information concerning this and other types of movie invitations:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...postid=3078343

My Excel Semi-Automated Ticket Maker.

See attached graphic for a partial screen shot.

PLEASE NOTE--- I used macros to automate some of this workbook. Excel may advise you when opening the workbook that there are macros present and will ask if you want to enable or disable the macros (for security reasons). If you disable macros, the workbook will still work fine. You just won't be able to interactively select color schemes, print from a button, or use the "copy to clipboard" button. All of these functions can be done easily from within Excel, but I added them for convenience.

The file is zipped. If you can't deal with zipped files, you'll need winzip or another file compression program.

The Excel Semi-Automated Ticket Maker is at:

[EDIT 9/5/2004]

Version 4.1.x has been released. If you are reading this thread and have missed the new thread, you should go there for the new version. Check my sig.

[/EDIT]

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's another screenshot of the Excel functionality...

#6 ·
No problem... Hope it's of some use.

#7 ·
These are great... thanks.

Take care,

Elmer

#8 ·
Thanks,

I got it from theoriginal thread and have used it a few times. All the guests have made very positive comments about the invitations

#13 ·
You're welcome, everyone. It was an easy little thing I just whipped up, and I thought reviving the thread might help others out.

BTW, I've added hyperlinks to the original post above. I had a report of someone having troubles getting the file. If anyone has any problems, please feel free to post here or PM me.

Mike.

#15 ·
Heh heh... I can't take all the credit.... Some people in that other thread came up with the idea and even the design. I just made it easier for people to make their own. :D

I've been toying with the idea of redesigning the whole thing using Macromedia Flash.... then it could be REALLY nice looking.... but like many things in life, there's just not enough time.

Hammerman--- when you say you "mocked up a couple...", did you add or change anything in the basic design? I know some people have added graphics. I was just trying to get some ideas of how people have been customizing it to their own tastes.

#16 ·
Great Program Mike, Thanks for sharing!!!

#19 ·
Mike, I want to thank you for the ticket program.

After reading through this thread last night I decided to play with it and was a great deal of fun to use. There was one problem though...I didnt get to bed til, 4 a.m.:rolleyes: Im already getting responses from emails I've sent asking "How did you do that"

#20 ·
Quote:
There was one problem though...I didnt get to bed til, 4 a.m.
I'll see if I can make it less entertaining in the next version. :D
Quote:
Im already getting responses from emails I've sent asking "How did you do that"
I was wondering-- how did you email it to them (attachment as an xls file, exported it to jpg.... etc...)? If I ever get around to redoing this thing, I'd like to see how people are using it.....

#22 ·
Thanks, everyone, for such positive feedback. Again, if anyone has a wishlist or bug report, etc.... please feel free to post your issues here.

#25 ·
Those look great, Jason. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.