Custom Tickets Done For You - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 462 Old 07-18-2006, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mason, I'm sure she... I mean it... did!

Go ahead and PM me the info for your FF draft party.
ND
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 462 Old 07-28-2006, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

This one is for billmarg1, who will be hosting a Halloween Horror Show the weekend before Halloween, showing old Universal Monster Classics (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.).

Bill, let me know of any wording changes you'd like...
ND
post #93 of 462 Old 07-28-2006, 08:00 PM

ND,

PERFECT!!! ooops can you put in there the name of my theater? "THE MOVIE LOFT"

How do I THANK YOU? with another request!! (YOU GOT MAIL )

THANK YOU AGAIN!! wanted to get my halloween show up and running before you got swamped with requests.
Bill -
post #94 of 462 Old 07-29-2006, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here ya go, Bill:

post #95 of 462 Old 07-29-2006, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Bill's second request, for a ticket promoting occasional presentations of his rare 16mm movies of old Warner Bros cartoons from the 1930's.

Let me know of any necessary changes, Bill.
ND
post #96 of 462 Old 07-29-2006, 03:00 PM

ND23.

May I call you ND?

YOU RULE!! how do you do this? FANTASTIC!!

Bill -
post #97 of 462 Old 07-29-2006, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

This one's for joekoz, who will be showing the first nationally-televised NFL preseason game between the Raiders and Eagles during the Hall of Fame weekend.

ND
post #98 of 462 Old 07-31-2006, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

joekoz asked about having a ticket for each of the Eagles' regular-season games this year. It's basically the same as the preseason ticket, with the game-specific info changed, and the opponent's helmet changed. I won't show a thumbnail for each, but here is a link for each:

Eagles at 49ers:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7...s49ers2vd7.jpg

Eagles at Giants:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9...giants2eb0.jpg

Titans at Eagles:
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9...seagleslz2.jpg

Reskins at Eagles:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9...seagleswm5.jpg

Panthers at Eagles:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/839...seaglesaj6.jpg

Packers at Eagles:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/855...seaglesme3.jpg

Jaguars at Eagles:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4...seaglesoe3.jpg

Giants at Eagles:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/702...seaglesuk1.jpg

Falcons at Eagles:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4...seaglesjv8.jpg

Eagles at Texans:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5...stexansrh4.jpg

Eagles at Saints:
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1...ssaintsuw2.jpg

Eagles at Redskins:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7...edskinsvj8.jpg

Eagles at Cowboys:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2...cowboysdl6.jpg

Eagles at Colts:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7...escoltsdj7.jpg

Eagles at Buccaneers:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3...lesbucsjt8.jpg

Cowboys at Eagles:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/835...seagleslu7.jpg

ND
post #99 of 462 Old 07-31-2006, 02:17 PM

ND,

Where did you get the helmet graphics? The ones I have are strictly side-shots.

Roger
------------------------------------------
post #100 of 462 Old 07-31-2006, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

NFLShop.com, I believe.

ND
post #101 of 462 Old 08-03-2006, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey, ND23, thanks for the idea and inspiration. I was able to make this using Excel, Word and MS Paint without resorting to Paint Shop, which I don't have.

Registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Attorney
post #102 of 462 Old 08-03-2006, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well done, Steve!

ND
post #103 of 462 Old 08-05-2006, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 48
ND: every time I return to this link, your work is more and more fantastgic. How about a few starter steps on Photoshop so that we can try this great work ourselves?

post #104 of 462 Old 08-06-2006, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks!

I think the best starter steps would be:

1. Find the post in the Excel ticket maker thread where I zipped-up and attached bugman's .psd file. Right-click that attachment and save it to your hard drive.

2. Open the .psd file in an appropriate software program like Photoshop.

3. Start getting familiar with layers by opening the layers palette, and try making some layers visible/invisible, start adjusting the opacity of layers, etc. Layers was a totally new concept for me, and it took a while to get used to it.

4. Get familiar with text manipulation (important for doing tickets) by using a text tool like the Horizontal Type Tool to add some new text layers. Also modify the text in existing layers.

5. Try adding in your own image... first, open another picture in Photoshop, then use the Rectangular Marquee Tool to select a portion of the picture, and do an Edit-Copy to copy it to the clipboard, then pop over to the ticket and do an Edit-Paste to insert it into your ticket as a new layer. Now move it around, resize it, and adjust its opacity to your liking. Also get familiar with ordering the layers, with commands like move to front and send to back.

Good luck! Photoshop is not at all intuitive, in my opinion. I've said it before, for someone like me who is comfortable with Microsoft Office tools, learning Photoshop really took a whole LOT of trial-and-error. I still learn new things while doing these tickets, like taking the background out of those helmets so they appear to float over the image in the background.

ND
post #105 of 462 Old 08-08-2006, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

mason's hosting the draft for his fantasy football league, and asked me to make a Steeler's-themed ticket he could use to invite his guests:

mason, this one has the RSVP @ youremailaddress removed for privacy purposes - use the one I PM'd to you.

ND
post #106 of 462 Old 08-09-2006, 04:00 AM

Liked: 12
ND, I'm replying to this thread so that I can subscribe to this thread. Awesome job, man. I have annual Super Bowl parties at my house, so I'll be asking for your services as we get to that time. But I may hit you up for a generalized ticket for my theater, too.

Again, good job!

Chris
post #107 of 462 Old 08-09-2006, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks Chris... looking forward to it.

this one's for taxman48, looking to invite folks over for the Giants opener against the Colts (Eli vs. Peyton):

ND
post #108 of 462 Old 08-10-2006, 07:13 PM

Hey ND,

Thanks for the inspiration, I recently ebayed Photoshop 6.0 (not a bad deal for <$100)and am having fun with my son preparing his invitations for the MTV VMA's at the end of this month. I've been able to fumble through and self teach myself the layers, text edit, paste pictures and transform sizes and dial opacity but one thing eludes me. The zipped example uses a background with the outlines and ticket format. I would like to play around with these colors and sizes but its been "rastorized". From what I know about images is that this is another word for not-editable. Would you mind pm'ing me one or more of your fancier templates loaded with pictures that don't have this background layer taken through the rastor process? How about the King Kong and Shield ones? Better yet, any words of advice at creating this first layer?

Thanks again for the great examples - we wish we could hear all the excitement that comes when his friends get these tickets in the mail!

Grant
LL
post #109 of 462 Old 08-10-2006, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantOv View Post

Hey ND,

Thanks for the inspiration, I recently ebayed Photoshop 6.0 (not a bad deal for <$100)and am having fun with my son preparing his invitations for the MTV VMA's at the end of this month. I've been able to fumble through and self teach myself the layers, text edit, paste pictures and transform sizes and dial opacity but one thing eludes me. The zipped example uses a background with the outlines and ticket format. I would like to play around with these colors and sizes but its been "rastorized". From what I know about images is that this is another word for not-editable. Would you mind pm'ing me one or more of your fancier templates loaded with pictures that don't have this background layer taken through the rastor process? How about the King Kong and Shield ones? Better yet, any words of advice at creating this first layer?

Thanks again for the great examples - we wish we could hear all the excitement that comes when his friends get these tickets in the mail!

Grant

Sorry, Grant, but all of my tickets use that same layer with the colored boxes and lines. I always start a new ticket by opening an old ticket and doing a Save As... and then I delete layers and start adding new layers. In the layer with the boxes and lines, I've not yet learned how to resize those boxes, though I did learn how to change the colors (which you can see in various examples posted in this thread). I would think you could use Adobe to draw new boxes and lines, and then group them into a single layer - you might try that. Someday I will!

To change the color in that layer with the boxes and lines, first select the layer, then go to the menu and click Enhance->Adjust Color->Replace Color...

This will hopefully open the Replace Color dialog, showing a small picture of the layer with the boxes and lines. Click on a color, and then use the Transform section's sliders to change the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness of the selected color. It takes some practice.

One of these days I'm going to create a new layer of boxes and lines, and change up the look of these tickets! But so far, bugman72's work is leveraged effectively.

Good luck!
ND
post #110 of 462 Old 08-11-2006, 05:25 AM

Hey ND - thanks for the tip. This morning it occured to me what might be a very simple way to create a new background layer. Just use Excel or Visio to create your new layer - whatever you may like. Then copy and paste onto Photoshop. I checked it and no problem.

I likely will use this to create two new layers - one for each type or color of box, maybe one for an outline. One thing I noticed is that it may help to go quite large so that you don't need to stretch excessivly too much after you've dropped it into Photoshop. This should help keep lines the same thickness as you initially drew them with.

I still haven't played much with creating the very bottom layer but I think the ticket proportion is quite nice.

What do you think? Is this helpful?

Grant
post #111 of 462 Old 08-11-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

For choice1, who will be showing "Inside Man" at a grand opening tomorrow:

ND
post #112 of 462 Old 08-11-2006, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantOv View Post

Hey ND - thanks for the tip. This morning it occured to me what might be a very simple way to create a new background layer. Just use Excel or Visio to create your new layer - whatever you may like. Then copy and paste onto Photoshop. I checked it and no problem.

I likely will use this to create two new layers - one for each type or color of box, maybe one for an outline. One thing I noticed is that it may help to go quite large so that you don't need to stretch excessivly too much after you've dropped it into Photoshop. This should help keep lines the same thickness as you initially drew them with.

I still haven't played much with creating the very bottom layer but I think the ticket proportion is quite nice.

What do you think? Is this helpful?

Grant

Yep, that's helpful. Hopefully someday I'll play around with the idea...

ND
post #113 of 462 Old 08-14-2006, 05:48 PM

Liked: 11
ND23,
Thanks a lot for your quick response, but unfortunately I couldn't even use the tickets due
to a family emergency. However, if you would be so kind as to change the date for me,for this coming Saturday. My wife and I really love what you did with the ticket. You are King of the ticketmakers. Thank you sooo!!! very much .

P.S. Could squeeze in grand opening and 7.1 surround sound.

Thanks, choice1
post #114 of 462 Old 08-14-2006, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choice1 View Post

change the date for ... this coming Saturday ... Could squeeze in grand opening and 7.1 surround sound

Here ya go!

ND
post #115 of 462 Old 08-15-2006, 06:34 PM

Liked: 11
ND23,
Sorry, but i have a dumb question. How in the heck due you print out the 5 tickets on one page ? Because i can't seem to open it up in my print shop. Once again thank you for your service on making the ticket.

choice1
post #116 of 462 Old 08-15-2006, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choice1
ND23,
Sorry, but i have a dumb question. How in the heck due you print out the 5 tickets on one page ? Because i can't seem to open it up in my print shop. Once again thank you for your service on making the ticket.

choice1
I'll assume you've already clicked on the thumbnail image, which opens up the a new browser window with the ticket shown on the imageshack site, and that you have clicked on that image two times to expand it to its original size (it will be quite large, depending on what resolution you run on your computer).

Assuming you're using IE, right-click the image and save it to your hard drive.

When I really want to make an impact, I upload this image to a photo printing site, and have them print multiple copies, depending on the number of tickets I need. Make sure you preview it to ensure it is not cropped incorrectly. Then either have them mailed to you, or go pick them up if printing locally. Cut 'em out, and you've got a nice, thick, glossy ticket for each guest.

Or, if printing at home, on maybe glossy photo paper, then yes, you're going to want to maximize the usage of that paper. What I do is open up a new document in Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, and insert the image as a photo, then resize it to the appropriate size. Then I copy that image and paste in another one, and move it around until it lines up next to the first. Repeat until you fill the page, then print. After printing, cut 'em out.

The attached zipped Powerpoint document might help explain it better.

Hope this helps...
ND

PrintingExample.zip 136.6640625k . file
post #117 of 462 Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here's a customized version of the generic Movie Night ticket for MacDaddy29's daughter's 10th birthday party.

ND
post #118 of 462 Old 09-22-2006, 10:04 PM

Sorry about my absence. I have re-added the download to my site for anyone who wants to grab the .psd. Thank you again to ND23 for this great template.
post #119 of 462 Old 10-12-2006, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here's a requested ticket for coolcoach2u, who will be showing the DVD of "Elvis: That's the Way It Is" next Saturday.

ND
post #120 of 462 Old 10-12-2006, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Here's a requested ticket for outsider142000, who will be showing "Cars" for son Jack's 3rd birthday party!

I suspect this will be a popular one, once the movie is released on DVD on November 7. If you like this one, I can customize it with your specific text - just let me know!

ND
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page