Home Theater Authority Spring 06' theater seating powerbuy thread begins March 23rd! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 182 Old 03-21-2006, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Good day AVS members, at the request of several members we will be having another powerbuy. We originally planned for May but due to requests March will work just as well. Info should be posted sometime Thursday (when Alan has time) so once again we look forward to serving the community and supplying some great seating at a great price. Of course as usual there will be some nice prizes, including early bird draws as an incentive to getting in early. Will post more info soon, as the powerbuy officially commences. I thought this would be some good news for those that have been waiting patiently:)

No other info can be provided until we are officially underway.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 182 Old 03-21-2006, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 10
Looking forward to it, Serge!
post #3 of 182 Old 03-23-2006, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
any idea what time this will be posted?

post #4 of 182 Old 03-23-2006, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

will post the links as soon as available, i actual have them ready but we will wait for Alan to do his thing to make it official.

Links will be in next post, below is an FAQ i put together.

As mentionned this time there will be some early bird drawings at the end of each week to encourage members to order early if possible and not last minute:) So after week 1, 2 and 3 we will have a prize drawing for the easiest top quality front loading aluminum poster frame at $90-$100 value which includes shipping. Nice prize and a highly sought after item that we will be featuring on our site shortly, anyone and everyone certainly could use this fact being most of us are movie buffs:) I should note poster not included. Early bird drawing winners remain eligible for the grand prize but a member can only win an early bird drawing once. That makes things fair:) So FAQ below and pic of aluminum poster frame in gold. Of course black and silver are available and members can choose their colors.

http://www.htauthority.com/posterframegold.jpg

FAQ

will be added to regularily...

a few very important questions that i will include here that i could not fit in the ad, it's already pretty detailed so i will add the questions here:

1A)

Assembly: Example a row of 3 in any series will have 3 seperate boxes labelled as follows, one B1(single arm end seat), one B2(middle seat) and one B3(end seat will two arms). These assemble/clip together via the male and female steel connectors from left to right (when standing facing the seats). For rows of 2, the middle seat will be taken out which leaves a B1 and a B3. For rows of 4 +, extra middle seats will be added which will be labelled on the box(or tag on the bottom of seat) B2 or EX. Very straightforward. To assemble the seat backs, simply slide the seat back(notice the two steel arms in the seat back) into the two steel channels (on either side) keeping it straight and applying light/medium pressure until the two steel arms "click" into the steel channel in the seat base. You do not need to push hard, wiggle the seat back ever so slightly from side to side if necessary until inserted into the channel. That's it.

1B)Who manufactures these, or who are they most similar to? The reason I ask is that there is virtually no way the wife would allow me to buy these without having a chance to sit in them or something nearly identical.

Seats are made by Coaster Company of America, this furniture is sold nationwide and are sold many of the retail chains. Seating is for the most part rebranded so those looking to demo locally, one must actually visit these stores to see what they sell. Often times seating is rebranded and stocked, many are special order only and many times the Coasters are not on display at all.

Many people purchased on word of mouth. Many members were in the same situation as you in the past powerbuys here on AVS, once seats were received no complaints from members and their better halves. It is difficult for many however to purchase sight unseen and i understand and echo those remarks. My only suggestion is to see what is available then go from there. No one has been disappointed with 200+ in the past several months. Whatever minor issues do arise we simply fix it.

2)For the Promenade series, is there an option to get end recliners with two arms and not get the storage wedges?

For the Promenade series there are seperate sofa, loveseat and recliners available but without cupholder which is why they have been excluded from the PB. The left and right recliners are not available with two arms. Without the storage consoles yes it is an option to make a seamless sectional. For the PB, the storage consoles and cupholders are what is included to keep the "theater" seat theme. Of course a member could order the sectional without the consoles, basically build the sectional as you want it.

3)For the Studio series, does every unit come with arms or is there a way to end up with a "loveseat" type configuration in the middle?

There is unfortunately no true loveseat option available in the theater seats at this time, i am working on this but no such option for those that like to cuddle (as many have suggested as a selling point to the significant other) All kidding aside the theater seats are now available as a two seater loveseat but not a true loveseat as there is a middle arm. I will continue to work on the loveseat option and continue to use this as a sales pitch to my rep but for the time being this option is not available. Many requested the two seater configuration, i sold my rep on this so now this is available.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #5 of 182 Old 03-23-2006, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

powerbuy is now official, powerbuy link is now posted in the AVS club section and in one week the thread will be posted in the powerbuy area. Please find all necessary links below to information and actual powerbuy page links.

Powerbuy links:

for fellow US members

www.htauthority.com/powerbuyusa.html

for fellow Canadian members:

www.htauthority.com/powerbuycanada.html

Product info:

www.htauthority.com all info can be found under theater seating -> value series

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #6 of 182 Old 03-24-2006, 04:51 AM

Power,
How long do you envision the PB being offered?

Best regards
Don

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible will take a week, ten days at the most."
post #7 of 182 Old 03-24-2006, 05:15 AM

The link to his website states: "The powerbuy will run from March 23th to April 22th, 2006 "
post #8 of 182 Old 03-24-2006, 06:25 AM

thanks zyvo23, don't know how I missed it but there it is...

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible will take a week, ten days at the most."
post #9 of 182 Old 03-24-2006, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

we are now official but the actual powerbuy page will remain in the AVS club area for one week before being posted to the powerbuy section. Will post the link now to the AVS club area:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=659771

in a week link will be posted to the general powerbuy forum when this becomes available. All actual powerbuy links are in my post above already so all the information is in place. We are all set to go.

kindly find below the link to the actual leather swatches for added reference:

http://www.htauthority.com/coasterswatches.jpg

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #10 of 182 Old 03-24-2006, 01:49 PM

I've been searching for these seats to demo, but have come up short. Does anyone know of any dealers in the south Florida area (West Palm Beach) that stock the Coasters? I only know of one near Jacksonville, but that's about 300 miles away.......
post #11 of 182 Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Sniff,

very difficult to find a dealer in most cases. Some dealers stock but most have the theater seating set-up as a special order only. i have made many dealer inquiries in the past to attempt to help customers but every time we get some mom and pop shops that either do not stock the seating or they have an invalid contact number or they are out of business. This is why we stopped doing this sort of thing. If a customer has a specific query that i am unable to help with i will point him/her to a reputable dealer that i know of (only 2 that i can easily and readily recommend) in order to fill this customers needs rather that getting the sale. We just did this with a member here two weeks ago. So depending on the region it is sometimes very difficult to find a dealer, please note that the furniture is almost always rebranded. So if a member calls and asks for "Coasters" or "Studio" collection for example the salesman for the most part will have no idea what to tell you. The general idea is to call from store to store to see who carries theater seating then go shopping. I hope this helps. Actually i personally should not be mentionning Coaster at all and now come to think of it i have to let Alan know about the Coaster reference as well, it should not be mentionned. Reason, the manufacturer simply does not like it.

please find the list of the AVS powerbuy members below to be updated every few days:

week 1: Defiler, State guy, playitloud, Foamfoot, jasongal, bhorrell, video1, Ready2buy, zyvo23

week 2: Robbie E, Lenny Z, sniff658, Kryl, Vic Parascandalo, lloyd_dobbler, TRC, atom12

week 3: Tony123, TurboA4, choate71, twojciac, tomes, whitm7, chirpie

final week: lambinator, Teamfour, dcapulong, adriancuc, jandawil, aubreyjs, ljiminez, Uniq1, posedog10, Matthew R, Elad, Beaudreau10

last week (after extension): kabillyhop, Mike_in_FL, Phlavorman, power4people, rp-knight, brac1, Matt P, Mc6, Mad Skillz, rwluke, Steve C, cleon 12, sethwmax, bigticket44138, nsalta, Mark P, Reala, Abraham S, Blizoozz, JFONTA77, Marc_F

end of member list...

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #12 of 182 Old 03-24-2006, 03:56 PM

Just wanted to say that Power offers the best service I've ever seen! Bought a row of two Studios from him within the past month, and I am very pleased with the construction and comfort of the seats. If anyone has any questions about the two seat configuration or needs pictures to see how they look, please let me know.

ryang
post #13 of 182 Old 03-25-2006, 04:07 AM

Power,

Due to space limitations, I am trying to decide between 2 or 3 seats. If I order a row of 3, and they don't fit, can I simply assemble as a row of 2 (not put the middle seat in)?
post #14 of 182 Old 03-25-2006, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

zyvo,

yes you can.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #15 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 08:05 AM

canadians getting jobbed again....... :mad:
post #16 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

swirvin,

how do you mean? If your local stores have them in stock then you will see the sticker shock. Prices may seem high initially but please remember the prices includes all charges. I could post a price that would be + taxes, brokerages, freight charges, duty, etc but i prefer to post the total price. I do not want anyone receiving any surprises...

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #17 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 09:07 AM

sorry serge, i didnt mean to imply by you. the price diff. between american and canadian $$$ is once again outstanding. not your fault, just venting, lol.
post #18 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

no problem,

please note the exchange rate is the bank rate at 1.17. For Ontario customers for example, you have 9.5% duty then GST and PST are applied, there are added fuel surcharges, Canadian processing fees, brokerage fees and that's how we calculate the final price. Prices are excellent once the taxes, etc are taken into account. Just adding this tidbit of info in case Canadian members are wondering why the price difference. US shipments have no taxes to begin with for starters.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #19 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Serge, you have a PM.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has passed.
post #20 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I looked at your site, but don't think I can make it work. I really want a row of four, but only have 110". You don't have anything that narrow that I missed, do you???
post #21 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Sdallnct,

nothing for 4 seats that meets your needs in the C* seats. You can call, email or PM me as we also have other seating options but i am unable to mention the options here. Whatever you require we can do. Thanks.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #22 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 07:04 PM

Let me say that these seats are very good products for the price. I purchased 5 Studios from the last powerbuy and am very happy with the product not to mention the Excellent service from Serge. These seats are well constructed and comfortable as well. The seating really finishes off my HT.
post #23 of 182 Old 03-26-2006, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Ryan and Dave, feedback much appreciated.

for members seeking reviews, pics and members comments, please refer to the last powerbuy thread held back in November, the thread is long but lots of good info:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=powerbuy

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #24 of 182 Old 03-27-2006, 07:23 PM

I just ordered mine (2 rows of three of the studios), due in large part to all the people's praise here. I saw some on ebay, but I feel the price, service, return policy, and the fact that this is tailored to avs forum users, which as i've come to realize are a pretty demanding bunch, made my decision to go with power a no brainer. It's nice knowing I have a contact for any questions/special requests. Thanks again.
post #25 of 182 Old 03-28-2006, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

thanks David, much appreciated.

a note to members, we have a total of 8 #7563 available in red, this is all we have so if a member is interested in that particular color just let me know. This was limited production, full warranty (sold as new obviously) and is sold out of Chicago only. I believed this may interest several members possibly looking for red. Still awaiting some product photos.

4 members to date, Friday morning is the first prize drawing so if possible get in early. If we have 10 total members for example at the end of the first week that's a 1 in 10 chance of winning a prize, not to mention the first week members will be eligible for 4 prize drawings in total during the month. Should be incentive enough:)

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #26 of 182 Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 AM

Liked: 15
Serge,

Can the Cinema series be assembled without the consoles?

Can the single armless chairs be "stacked" or is only one allowed in the middle?

And the width of the armless loveseat is the same as the single chair (39"W) ?? Is that correct? Seems like there should be a difference.

Also, do you have specs for the height of the seat. Is it the same for all models?

-rothwell
post #27 of 182 Old 03-28-2006, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Hi rothwell,

the Cinema series (#7578) is a brand new addition, basically the configuration can be ordered as pictured with or without the ottoman. The Promenades is where you get the flexibility of adding or removing pieces, basically "build it as you like it".

armless chair dimensions: 21"L x 39"W x 38"H
armless loveseat dimensions: 42"L x 39"W x 38"H

just confusing the width for the length:) The length would be the width, the width would be the depth as per above. All seating is 39-40 overall height.

i am unsure what you mean by "stacked". Do you mean adding multiple armless chairs? If so, i say yes but let me confirm.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #28 of 182 Old 03-28-2006, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by power
thanks David, much appreciated.

a note to members, we have a total of 8 #7563 available in red, this is all we have so if a member is interested in that particular color just let me know. This was limited production, full warranty (sold as new obviously) and is sold out of Chicago only. I believed this may interest several members possibly looking for red. Still awaiting some product photos.

I'm assuming you mean red leather and not my beloved microfiber?
post #29 of 182 Old 03-28-2006, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Randall,

yes red leather, sorry for the confusion, not your beloved microfiber which is available but soon to be discontinued.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #30 of 182 Old 03-28-2006, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just wanted to give you a early heads up that the wife approved purchase of seats, so the only pending obstacle is that we actually close on selling our old house and close buying the new one on april 10th. With 90% certainty, I will put in an order for 2 rows of 3 studio seats, on april 11 :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page