Home Theater Authority home theater seating holiday powerbuy underway! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 118 Old 12-08-2006, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Good day fellow AVS members,

We would like to welcome everyone to our third and final powerbuy of the year 2006. We have extended our low pricing for a little while longer (until the new year) so we have rock bottom savings and some nice prize draws as well. It is the holiday season isen't it?

This thread will be reserved for pics, comments and questions. Members ordering early will receive their seats in time for the holidays but time is of the essence. Lead times are 1-2 weeks for delivery so members ordering ASAP will pretty well be guaranteed pre holiday delivery. We do have some shortage of the Studio #7563 black in Chicago however, with stock to arrive very shortly. We will do our very best to serve members needs.

Thanks again Alan for allowing us to do this and to the member community once again.

link to official powerbuy thread page:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...90#post9111990

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 10
I kind of don't like leather seats due to moisture trapping issues. Can you get any seat in microfiber instead? Is there a cost adjustment for this (hopefully down)?

I see two new models also since the last Power Buy I remember, the Paramount and the Matinee. I sort of understand the differences between the three primary Coaster lines, the Showtimes (narrow and bare-bones), Studio (mid-range most popular), Director (bit different studio model), and the high-end Promenade. Can you list a comparison of these for those of us who don't have the ability to inspect these in person and are trying to decide between them?
post #3 of 118 Old 12-08-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

hi wildfire,

the biggest change this year would be the now disontinued #7565 Studio collection in microfiber, this model is now gone completely.

The new additions involving the Matinee and Paramount models are as follows (i will post dimensions, i have a few things to add to the powerbuy page)

-push back recline mechanism which differs from the typical wall hugger design of most theater seating products out on the market. It's a very nice design but more clearance is required in between rows and in terms of wall clearance (12-18" versus the usual 3-4" clearance needed for the wall hugger design chairs)

-the Matinees are Coasters entry level theater seat for the budget minded customer. It's a nice option for those that want microfiber without breaking the bank. It's a good chair with firm support.

-the Paramounts are a newer design with built in storage. Everything in one package with storage, sleek lines, comfort and also on the supportive side. The built in storage does take up more floor space but a very nice option for storing remotes, etc. just like the Promenade sectional pieces.

Will post dimensions by some time tomorrow on the powerbuy page. Lots of options and more models to choose from than ever.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority

post #4 of 118 Old 12-08-2006, 03:22 PM

SWEET!!! Finished my theater about 1 month ago.. Have been waiting for this power buy!! Placing my order now.. Can't wait to have something nice to sit on...
post #5 of 118 Old 12-10-2006, 09:20 PM

Why isnt this more popular?
post #6 of 118 Old 12-11-2006, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Bill,

hard to say, one would think come holiday time we would be busy but it's very hard to predict. We usually do start off slower then finish with a bang in the last week and a half. For members that want delivery before the holidays time is running out, we need at least a week from order to delivery and a couple of day cushion would be nice too since the carriers are busy this time of year. Will post current member list later today, not a bad start at all.

member list to date:

week 1: John T, elovell, Ryan W, Van K, Aubrey H, mattbren, Frenzy, Dwayne R, Christopher P, eschance, thumper2006, JCRocks, JC1, Larry N, 121, Johny J, Philip C,

week 2: 1whatnow, uncle_evan, SoapySmith, Neuner, dan_t, Richard C, eb50, Mike D, RickCDC

week 3: rooster 45, Mark T, Tj H, dahlem04, SeanWSmith, italyct23 (michael P), Dallben,

week 4: Eric M, John D, Gary M, Brad P, Tim T, Eugene K, Deborah H, Federico N, motorcitykreig, Billabongi, centking, Cheryl S, FACP, James H, Christopher D, Susan W, Framework C Inc, ellisz, Richard E, majormojo242, Joey P, ragibson17, cmistero

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #7 of 118 Old 12-12-2006, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

thanks guys,

for members wanting delivery in time for the holidays (before Christmas) we will need your orders in if possible by today (Tuesday) or tomorrow (Wednesday), members ordering towards the end of the week will have a chance at pre holiday delivery but we cannot guarantee it with only a week lead time during this busy season. Order early if possible and for members looking for delivery during the holidays while enjoying some rest and relaxation we can accomodate those members as well during their time off with delivery taking place in a convenient fashion.

That's all for now.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #8 of 118 Old 12-12-2006, 07:35 PM

im trying to figure out.. if i want the studio set, is the pricing the "every day" public pricing or is there a special area for prices for the pb? thanks!
post #9 of 118 Old 12-13-2006, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

eb50,

we mentionned this before in our past powerbuy thread (long), we decided to keep the prices as is until the new year. Our prices are rock bottom and this is the important thing to mention here, there is little markup on the seats, the price increase will be minimal since we have to compete with other dealers.

Basically for this month members get the best possible pricing (as usual), members support goes in supporting AVS itself, us as an AVS sponsor and then we will have some nice prizes to give away during the course of the month. So alot goes into these powerbuys besides our website price, also to mention the sales and service members deserve that we do our very best to acheive.

So in short we hope to continue to earn members business and appreciate your support.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #10 of 118 Old 12-13-2006, 10:48 AM

Power, could you mention some of the prizes youll be giving away? I know it deals with the amount of orders you get, but I am just curious.

Im buying regardless but hey if theres prizes Im in
post #11 of 118 Old 12-13-2006, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

stock on the #7563 is now available in Chicago (all locations now)

prizes vary such as some nice aluminum poster frames, ButtKicker products and usually the grand prize will include a cash prize such as a $400-$1000 amount depending on sales generated. Winners can take the cash or use it towards products. For one member (grand prize winner) it's like getting your order for free or paying for a good part of it depending on what was originally ordered. Some nice prize drawings as well, the poster frames sell for $100+ all over the place, they are not $10 Michael's frames.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #12 of 118 Old 12-13-2006, 06:30 PM

This is a great looking deal, now to figure out what I want.

I'm looking for 2 rows of 3 seats or maybe a row of 3 and row of 4. The Matinee line is a great value but I'm wondering how the quality of the microfiber is. Can anybody comment on the durability and comfort of the microfiber seats?

On the other hand I might consider the Showtime in a row of 4 with the Paramount row of 3 in front. What would the price for that setup be? If I went with 7 showtimes, would I put four in the front or the back row? I know the classic look is in the back but perhaps in the front would make sense?

This is a great deal...looking forward to ordering it.
post #13 of 118 Old 12-14-2006, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

krisko,

will send you a pm on this, we need room dimensions and all the unknown tangibles before we can decide on a set-up that fits your needs.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #14 of 118 Old 12-14-2006, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
power,
please check your pm. thank you!

Home Theater System: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 120" Carada 2.35:1 Criterion Series Projection Screen, Panamorph P752 Vertical Compression Anamorphic Lens, Lumagen VisionHDQ Video Processor, Oppo Digital BDP-93 Bluray Player, Origen AE X15e HTPC, Panasonic SA-XR57S Receiver, AV123 X-Series 5.1 Speaker System.
post #15 of 118 Old 12-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Serge,

I really want to pull the string on this power buy..

can you tell me on the Paramount Collection: (#7588) on the push back reclining part.

what concerns me is that it probably moves the listening position of your head back about a foot. I am a newbie to most of this so I am wondering how that effects the surround speaker listening area.?

Plus I am not able to sit in them to try them out, every chair feels so different.

I am still working that part out with the other half at home.

thanks
post #16 of 118 Old 12-14-2006, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

kermie,

not necessarily, when your watching a movie you will not be reclined all the way back, you can basically recline all the way back, look up at the ceiling and have a snooze. During movie watching you will not be reclined that far obviously but it will probably make a minimal difference since the chair does not actually move forward while reclining like the wall hugger designs do. So in this respect the actual seated/head position will be slightly different but not by much, a foot would be max.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #17 of 118 Old 12-15-2006, 12:25 PM

looking forward to putting my in my order in the next 1 week for 2 rows of 2 studios. unfortunately i dont have the width to have 3 across. need to sell some wiis before i can afford it though. expect my order by jan 1.
post #18 of 118 Old 12-15-2006, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

not too shabby for sales in less than a week, have a member or two to add to the overall member list. Keep em coming and a big thank you once again. Initial orders will be delivered next week and we look forward to possibly seeing some pics amongst all the holiday hustle and bustle.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #19 of 118 Old 12-16-2006, 05:31 AM

Can anyone comment on the durability of these, the leather in particular. Although I have a 3yr old and a 7yr old, my biggest concern is my dog. He is a fat lap dog (50+lbs) who won't let anyone cut his claws, and likes comfy furniture. Our current leather furniture has held up incredibly well for 10yrs with 4 different dogs. The leather is really thick - although not very soft. I have gotten some samples from other furniture and the only thing close was the heavy leather (Premium?) from LazyBoy.

Power:
Any way to get a sample of the Coaster leather?
post #20 of 118 Old 12-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

I'm in!

Are there any links to comparisons or reviews of the Studio, Showtime or Director's chairs?
post #21 of 118 Old 12-16-2006, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

wittmer,

that's a tough question but if you owned leather furniture before then you already know the answer. The key is that the leather is a top grain leather versus a split grain leather. So you get a good leather, not a cheap plasticy looking and feeling leather like you get on the cheap leather furniture one can usually find locally. Durability is key and it is obvious in the years you have owned your present furniture that your 50lb dog does not actually dig his claws into the furniture, at least this is what i am getting...any dog that size "if he/she wanted to" could do some damage.

we can send you a sample, just PM me your information.

9volt,

just do a search in this forum under "Coaster" or any of the specific models that you mentionned and lots of threads/posts will come up. There is alot of good info on the forum pertaining to this very subject as well as other brands.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #22 of 118 Old 12-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the info, I've found some good threads.

Do the Coasters have a "loveseat" configuration option?

Can you recommed some Berkline lines that are not very wide? My room is only 11' wide so the Coasters might not work.
post #23 of 118 Old 12-16-2006, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

9volt,

no loveseat configuration except on the sectional seating. For Berkline look at the 086, 088, 096 and 45004 as the space saving models. Other models such as the bigger 090's even in a straight configuration may be tight in that width room assuming you wanted 3 seats per row. 3 seats doable for the back row then a row of 2 for the front. Same for the Coasters but again depends on your room layout.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #24 of 118 Old 12-16-2006, 07:55 PM

is there any major differences in build quality and leather quality between studio, director, and showtime? showtime and studio are very close in price, and director is about 50-60$ more depending on what you are looking at. thanks
post #25 of 118 Old 12-17-2006, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

eb50,

all leathers are of the same quality. The Directors are a bit more mainly because of the curved club arms on the end recliners. This accounts for the slight difference in price. Hope this helps.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #26 of 118 Old 12-17-2006, 01:40 PM

I did some homework on what it costs to purchase a leather sofa from China. The typical $1200 sofa sells for about $150 while a $3000 goes for $300. Approx 20 sofas can fit into a container and it costs about $2600 to ship a container from China to US.

The markup on furniture even factoring into the mix, trucking from a US port to warehouse means that there is at least a 100% margin on all goods. Sounds like an opportunity to bring efficiencies to the supply chain.
post #27 of 118 Old 12-17-2006, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

chiltown,

not sure i understand your post, there is very little markup and certainly no room for additional discounts or we dealers would be at or below cost. We have explained this before, some customers will do anything to save $50 just to get the best deal (who wouldn't)but with our powerbuy pricing such instances would make a difference between selling at cost or making a small profit. This is how close our margins are and why hope for success with our 3 yearly powerbuys. Bulk sales is key and members have been great to deal with. We believe this trend will continue; good product, excellent price so it's win win for everyone involved but we need the sales to succeed (margins are 7-12% at these prices depending on the order).

not too bad for our first week by the way.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #28 of 118 Old 12-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post

3 seats doable for the back row then a row of 2 for the front. Same for the Coasters but again depends on your room layout.

Is there a reason you recommend 3 for the back and 2 for the front? We have a poorly placed pole that I have to work around, and I expect at max I'll be able to get 3 in front of it and 2 behind it.
post #29 of 118 Old 12-17-2006, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

9volt,

again it depends on your room layout. Your door could be in the front, back or to one side, you could have speakers/subs strategically placed that could affect furniture postionning or you could have something like a pole or columns, etc that could hinder seating placement. There are tonnes of variables that need to be worked through if anything other than a traditional room with no limitations.

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
post #30 of 118 Old 12-19-2006, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

powerbuy is going pretty well, member list has been updated. A big thank you to members once again.

Just wanted to clarify that we have received several inquiries on several other products which is fine but we wanted to specify that this particular powerbuy is limited to the products found on the powerbuy page which consist of the "Coaster" theater seating offerings.

This has not been specified previously...

Serge Breton
htauthority.com
Home Theater Authority
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page