post #211 of 224 Old 04-15-2007, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mheadroom View Post

Anyone have any other issues with pronunciations? I'm going to have the rereads done soon. Please submit the fixes by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for all of the work on this, Josh. The results are really impressive.

I do have two small (very small) requests, though.

Would it be possible for the generic "Welcome to" intro to be re-read? The way it's spoken, the word "to" is stretched out a little too long, and doesn't really flow into the specific theater names. Could it be spoken with a tiny pause between "welcome" and "to," maybe with the word "welcome" slightly drawn out?

I have tried adding some silence between the words, but it doesn't sound natural at all. As a fix, I chopped off the intro from one of the custom intros, but the way Bob has read them, the work "to" runs right into each of the theater names, so it's really hard to separate them without sounding like an abrupt edit.

The second is could the words "surround sound" be added to Dolby Digital? Again, I tried pasting the words on from a different file, but it doesn't' flow together at all.

Thanks again for all the work you put into this, the overall product is amazing, and my custom lines were perfect.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 224 Old 04-15-2007, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
scott,

Here's a couple of tricks to use when editing the narrations

1. Less is more.
Less silence between the words = more natural sound. Try editing so that there is no silence between word. Don't worry about even cutting off some of the end of the first phrase and some of the beginning of the next. This often creates a more natural sound. We often meld words together when we speak. Think of phases like "dontcha".

2. Find duplicate phrases
The blending of words always seems to happen with the words "to the", like "Welcome tothe XYZ theater".

So when putting together a "Welcome to" intro you need to find a "welcome to" section that works well with your theater name. If you theater is "ABC cinemas" then you should take the "welcome to" part from a theater without the word "the" in the name. Something like "welcome to cinema murray.wav" might work well.

If your theater name is "The XZY theater" You would use something like "welcome to the corsinema.wav". Now with this example look to tip #1 for guidance. Cut off the "corsinema" part off of "welcome to the corsinema". new cut off the "the" part from your theater name. Put the two files together and it will seem pretty natural.

3. Play!
Have fun with this. Keeping playing with the files and reediting your scripts. You'd be amazed at how natural you can make things sound. Search for words throughout all the script names. Also look for other spellings like "to, too, 2". There are tons of duplicate words throughout the full script. Each one has a different use and inflection. The trick is finding the one that works best for what you are doing.

To get you started I made couple of edits and placed them online for you. They may be able to help you with your immediate issues.

www.tinstudio.com/files/edits1.zip

Check out Max Headroom's Home Theater Projects and Software at Network XXIII and Image Library at Tin Studio

Latest Project: Digital Movie Mylar Software
post #213 of 224 Old 04-15-2007, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

olelucky,

For suggestions I would read through the threads from the first 2 volumes. They are listed in the original post.

To get you started this is what I use/do. I use Sony sound forge and/or Adobe Audition for editing. These 2 programs are pretty easy to use and have a ton of features. As far as how I use the intrs, I use them a couple of ways.

1. They are prefect for using with the custom fox or universal intros that can be found on the board.

2. A custom intro using picture, video footage, audio and a custom editor like Muvee.

3. Have them play every so often durring the preshow slides.

4. Just have them play as the lights go out.

The way I play the files is I convert any/all of the above into video clips and have them in my play list. I run my main theater area off of a HTPC. My outdoor thater events are run using a portable HDD based player that I found on fleabay for about $50. This player will play the contents of the folder in order so i just name the files 01_, _2_, 03_, etc. This works great for outdoor movie night!

Check out Max Headroom's Home Theater Projects and Software at Network XXIII and Image Library at Tin Studio

post #214 of 224 Old 04-28-2007, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

The few fixed files (rereads) have been completed. The zip file is about 3MB and can be found here:

www.tinstudio.com/files/Fixes.zip

post #215 of 224 Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 PM

Does anyone know if these are still available? I tried to PM mheadroom and even write to him at htvoiceover@gmail.com 2 days ago and now we are onto day 3 with no response.

I am in a critical situation and hurry to get to get a hold of these. Would someone be willing to sell me their vol's 1-3. I realize I will not benefit from the custom lines, but I could really use the generics. If Mheadroom ever checks this foum agan or his email, I will be glad to straighten out the money situation with him also at that point, I just need these fast and afterall the original point of all this was to help others who wanted some of the custom lines, I do not even want that much.

You can just PM me if you can help! Mheadroom, if you happen to login and see this, please PM me right away. I will be glad to pay you for them as well as any other money I dontated to someone who could help me, I just need these by the weekend.

Thanks
post #216 of 224 Old 11-08-2007, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

just sent you an email.

post #217 of 224 Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM

Looks like I am way late to the party, is this still available at all? I just emailed and PMed you.

Thanks,
Chad
post #218 of 224 Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 PM

What's the chances of getting a few of the generic phrases to use with custom intros, available for download for a reasonable donation????
post #219 of 224 Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 AM

I hate bumping this thread from several years ago, but I am wondering if I could somehow get a copy of this disc since it would be a perfect add-on to my HTPC pre-show when I host Movie Nights at my apartment for friends and family.

I've PM'd and emailed MHeadroom last week and he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Is there anyone willing to help a guy out? Thanks in advance...
post #220 of 224 Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
I second that...I just saw his bump and wasn't aware this existed. I would also be interested...

Thanks

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
post #221 of 224 Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
You COULD do what mheadroom did...start a new thread and put one together yourself. There are a couple of sites out there where you can find the voice talent.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #222 of 224 Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM

I was a participant in Voice Over Volume 4 when we did it way back when. Let me look and see if I can dig all the files up. There were a lot! I'lll PM you if I find them.

My new site is up: http://www.MyPreMovie.com/ - the ultimate in pre-movie showing, it's a fun hobby!
post #223 of 224 Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 50
Thanks Bud biggrin.gif

Get all your A/V News at: AVS Latest News

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forums on Twitter

AVSForum
Bringing the AV Community Together
post #224 of 224 Old 08-05-2012, 01:01 PM

This was the guy who did the voice over for Volume 4, what about doing another volume?

http://www.arroe.net/pagemap.html

Steve
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page