Theater Rack - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all I am building a home theater as we speak and have an area that I can fit all the equip in the wall. My problem is I cant seem to find any good options for adjustable shelves. I have 24" to work with width wise but could go down to 18". Height is easily adjustable. What I guess I am really looking for is some sort of adjustable rack systems on the side and shelving. I will leave the back open as I will have access through a door to get to the equipment.

Thanks!

Bart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2007, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also made my own equipment rack, I was able to get Black Melamine. Try Lumber yard or Paneling store, it was a special order in my case. He also gave me 3 names of people who would cut the boards to the sizes i needed. I order 4 sheets it was cut and drilled for $60.00, to the sizes i requested sides, tops shelfs. Made 2 units side by side also used the Krylon spray paint for the back of the Rack it made a perfect match for the moldingl the scrap pieces of Melamine when its time I will used it for molding around the Racks. It is built-into the wall with the back open for now, also Made a square of 2x6s for base filled in the top with 2x4s. No pictures at this time.