post #601 of 925 Old 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post

I have tried the disney 2d and 3d and also the universal intros. I have sucessfully put my custom name on all of them and have made an animation of them to an avi raw format. The problem that I am getting is that the video looks very jittering when playback. I followed the steps and hit animation which made the video in about an hour (which doesnt seem right as I have read it takes hours and hours to render).

Do I need to render the files first (how do I do that) and the hit animation? I have it set to 1280 x 720 to avi raw output. Thanks

Burn it to disk and then play it.

-t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 925 Old 11-14-2009, 06:01 PM

Liked: 10
hi
I am completely new to blender , only just stumbled across it on youtube which is where I saw the disney logo .I'd love to try that too and asked a few people on youtube for help but sadlly were frankly nothing less than downright rude or insulting.

I was wondering if someone on here could possibly point me to a tutorial and where to add the files.

I live in scotland so our tv system is pal widescreen

many thanks indeed
ps this is my 1st post( apologies )

cheers
post #603 of 925 Old 11-28-2009, 08:49 PM

Do any of you have blender files that I can create intro's with? I already did 20th century fox, universal studios, and universal studios death star version. The only ones left are paramount, columbia, disney, touchstone, pixar, and metro goldwyn meyer.
post #604 of 925 Old 11-29-2009, 05:07 PM

E-mail me for the Warner Bro's .Blend file

bcaery@gmail.com

It's to big for attachment
post #605 of 925 Old 12-07-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridafan View Post

hi
I am completely new to blender , only just stumbled across it on youtube which is where I saw the disney logo .I'd love to try that too and asked a few people on youtube for help but sadlly were frankly nothing less than downright rude or insulting.

I was wondering if someone on here could possibly point me to a tutorial and where to add the files.

I live in scotland so our tv system is pal widescreen

many thanks indeed
ps this is my 1st post( apologies )

cheers

this thread seems to be dead, you can e-mail me, my address is above this post
post #606 of 925 Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 AM

sorry magius
can i know where can i download the lionsgate intro template ???
i wan to create 1 by my own
post #607 of 925 Old 12-21-2009, 04:47 PM

Anyone have the opening crawl for star wars? I cant find it anywhere!

Also, Ive edited the Disney 3d and the Universal .blend files. They Disney one has an error with the spark. The Universal one has an error with the text. It comes through the world rather then around the globe where the spark starts.

I read about these earlier in the thread but I didnt see any solutions or fixed .blend files. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be very kind.
post #608 of 925 Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccorkled View Post

Anyone have the opening crawl for star wars? I cant find it anywhere!

I created one based off of the "Universal Death Star" logo someone else made, but I couldn't get the camera right... it was always flying around too much before the crawl begain. The crawl itself wasn't hard to do- create a starfield and create motion text that goes for X amount of frames.

If I find my file, I'll post it and maybe someone better with cameras can fix the flying around.
post #609 of 925 Old 12-22-2009, 05:18 PM

Im sure its not hard to make one from scratch but I am totally new to Blender and wouldnt know where to begin. I can edit a file in a matter of minutes however.
post #610 of 925 Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 PM

Here's the crawl I created today. I'm not great with cameras yet, so instead of using the one camera, I created a second one and split the rendering into two pieces. Frames 1-500 should be rendered using the first camera, "Camera", and frames 500-2000 should be rendered using the second camera, "Camera.0001". (and if anyone wants to fix it, that'd be great too!)

After the animation was done, I put the two files together using avidemux, removed frame 500 (since it was duplicated), and removed a bunch of frames in the middle that just showed stars before the crawl reached the screen.

I'll finish the audio and post to youtube at some point, but for now I'll post a link to it in the next reply, because it won't let me post links until the third post.
post #611 of 925 Old 12-23-2009, 12:51 PM

Ugh! It still won't let me link... add http:// in front of this:
westtexaswebdesign.com/sites/default/files/starwarsfinal.blend

(see previous post for instructions)
post #612 of 925 Old 12-23-2009, 05:17 PM

sweet man! this looks good. I was wondering however if you could make one that started with

"THEATER NAME" fade to background...

"text text text"

That way we could display our theater names with the star wars intro rather then a universal intro. Dont get me wrong, the star wars globe looks cool but its not for everyone.

I was also thinking we should put together a sweet intro script like the one you have included with your blend file.

"It was a dark time in your home theater, the popcorn was hot and buttery, the soda... chilled" heh.. idk, something like that.
post #613 of 925 Old 12-23-2009, 07:38 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a Blender or even After Effects template of the Warner Bros. and Paramount Pictures logos?

Thanks!

Jesse
post #614 of 925 Old 12-23-2009, 09:09 PM

I would like those too! Preferably blender files.

Im having some issues with the Disney one. When ever I center the main text it just jumps right back to where it was before. Is there a button or something that I need to click? With my other blend files, when I move and object it stays where I put it

thanks
post #615 of 925 Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:

sweet man! this looks good. I was wondering however if you could make one that started with

"THEATER NAME" fade to background...

"text text text"

That way we could display our theater names with the star wars intro rather then a universal intro. Dont get me wrong, the star wars globe looks cool but its not for everyone.

I was also thinking we should put together a sweet intro script like the one you have included with your blend file.

"It was a dark time in your home theater, the popcorn was hot and buttery, the soda... chilled" heh.. idk, something like that.

This may be similar to what you're asking for- I've got one file attached with a similar "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." as the intro.blend, and another for the "THEATER INTRO" and then the flying-through-space text.

It should be pretty simple to edit- for the flying through space one, use frames 280-2500, since the "THEATER INTRO" doesn't fly back until frame 300, and the crawl doesn't start until 510.

I've also included font files for the crawl- the starjhol.ttf should be used for "THEATER INTRO", and the swcrawlbody.ttf for the crawl.

blueharvest.net (I think that's the site) had some sound effects as well as the intro theme somewhere on the site. I did a google search and came up with a bunch to throw in there.

I'm also using avidemux for my post-processing. I find it a little easier to use than blender for sound, fades, etc.

Let me know!
post #616 of 925 Old 12-29-2009, 12:34 PM

hey man thats really great! EXACTLY what I was thinking. Ive been messing with blender a lot editing the text and movign things around, thats easy. Im use to flash and there is a timeline right at the top where I can edit everything.

I cant seem to find a timeline in blender. There is a "K" in my name and I want a long bar going from the "K" across the bottom of my name underlining it. I have that set up but its interfering with the 2nd line of text. I hit "return" and moved the 2nd line of text down but now its too far.

How can I add a 2nd line of text and have it move along with the first line? This has been the biggest challenge for me... finding the time line!! haha

thanks again man these are great.
post #617 of 925 Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:

hey man thats really great! EXACTLY what I was thinking. Ive been messing with blender a lot editing the text and movign things around, thats easy. Im use to flash and there is a timeline right at the top where I can edit everything.

I cant seem to find a timeline in blender. There is a "K" in my name and I want a long bar going from the "K" across the bottom of my name underlining it. I have that set up but its interfering with the 2nd line of text. I hit "return" and moved the 2nd line of text down but now its too far.

How can I add a 2nd line of text and have it move along with the first line? This has been the biggest challenge for me... finding the time line!! haha

thanks again man these are great.

From what I understand, there isn't a timeline per-se, but it's done by frames. In other words, figure out if you're using 25 frames/sec or 30 frames/sec, and if you want the animation going for one second, jump up 30 frames (hit the up arrow 3 times when your mouse is in the viewing box, not the editing section).

As for adding a second line, I think you can hold down shift and right-click both of them and they should be kinda joined at this point. I don't know if this is the exact way to do it, and I think there is a way to make them a parent/child object, but it worked the first time I did this thing as two separate lines of text.
post #618 of 925 Old 12-30-2009, 08:34 AM

The problem Im having is...

after I shift+click the 2nd line of text they are connected but only temporarly. If I animate the frames, or even more to the next frame, what I had move before jumps right back to where it was. Then if I go back to the frame where I moved the text, its back where it was. so basically moving it does nothing. Its like they are centered into that big box surrounding them
post #619 of 925 Old 12-31-2009, 08:50 PM

wow the thread is still alive
post #620 of 925 Old 12-31-2009, 08:50 PM

Heres the Warner Bro's .blend file... It's pretty big

enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/263195130/PW1.blend
post #621 of 925 Old 01-01-2010, 07:55 AM

AWESOME! keep them coming haha. I love playing with these.

Im having some trouble rendering the star wars.blend.

Whenever I click to render it, it just renders like 1 frames and stops. I set the codec I wanted to use and all that. Im very familiar with this part, I just cant figure out why its wont render the animation. thanks again for the work! My family names looks awesome in star wars letters!
post #622 of 925 Old 01-01-2010, 04:51 PM
jkv
Advanced Member

Has anyone used a program called "Kinemac" (runs under Mac OS) to create a project? If so, have you been able to convert/use a blender created project with Kinemac?

thanks

Riverside Cinemas
post #623 of 925 Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxero View Post

This may be similar to what you're asking for- I've got one file attached with a similar "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." as the intro.blend, and another for the "THEATER INTRO" and then the flying-through-space text.

It should be pretty simple to edit- for the flying through space one, use frames 280-2500, since the "THEATER INTRO" doesn't fly back until frame 300, and the crawl doesn't start until 510.

I've also included font files for the crawl- the starjhol.ttf should be used for "THEATER INTRO", and the swcrawlbody.ttf for the crawl.

blueharvest.net (I think that's the site) had some sound effects as well as the intro theme somewhere on the site. I did a google search and came up with a bunch to throw in there.

I'm also using avidemux for my post-processing. I find it a little easier to use than blender for sound, fades, etc.

Let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaery View Post

Heres the Warner Bro's .blend file... It's pretty big

enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/263195130/PW1.blend

I have added both of the projects that you guys have posted to my website for hosting.
post #624 of 925 Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 AM

Hey w84no1,

Did you try those files out? Im having trouble rendering the star wars and the WB one.
post #625 of 925 Old 01-02-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Hey w84no1,

Did you try those files out? Im having trouble rendering the star wars and the WB one.

I haven't had time to try any of the new ones that I have on my site. I need to install blender on my new Windows 7 machine and see.
post #626 of 925 Old 01-03-2010, 08:52 PM

I can't seem to find a .blend project that doesn't have this bug. The pixie dust "dot" stops at about 1 o'clock but the line keeps drawing.

w84no1 - the one on your wfc.com site is linked to from a youtube video where you can see the error. He links to your site, and the .blend file you have on your site has the bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIaY81Fvq1I

At the 0:10 second mark.

Can anyone help here?
post #627 of 925 Old 01-03-2010, 09:26 PM

something about having to render with an old version but I think that is complete BS.

I read the same thing about the flickering bug in the FOX intro. That was easily fixed by a few clicks.
post #628 of 925 Old 01-04-2010, 01:34 AM

How did you fix the flickering problem?

Steve
post #629 of 925 Old 01-04-2010, 06:37 AM

Doesn't seem to be it. I went all the way back to 2.25 and when I load the .blend the text is blank.

Guess I need to start reading up on the animation tutorials...
post #630 of 925 Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 AM

OK, so at frame 250, the dot stops moving with the arc. I'm not real sure how to get it to continue to follow the arc, nor how to continue the pixie dust effect.

Where's Magius or Eubank?!
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page