Blender Projects and Studio Themed Intros - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #661 of 925 Old 03-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Newbie
 
lfe011969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mike S,

I've only been toying around with Blender and After Effects for about 3 weeks now but I'm pretty sure it's possible to do what you're asking using these two programs. I know Blender has the ability to join multiple movie clips into one using the Video Sequence Editor so I think it would be just a matter of joining your finished Fox or Universal movie to the end of the the other. All you would need to do is add your name to the end of the first clip before you join the two. Then you could possibly add some kind of transition effect between the two clips so that it flows better from one to the other.

Lonnie
lfe011969 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #662 of 925 Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Newbie
 
lfe011969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
David,

Thanks for hosting all the files on your website. I've already made some of the easier ones and now I'm starting to work on the more complicated ones.

Lonnie
lfe011969 is offline  
post #663 of 925 Old 03-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Newbie
 
lfe011969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've combined several pieces of different projects found in this forum and over on the forums at Backyard Theater and the following post is the result (sorry had to make 3 posts before I could link to a website). It still could use some tweaking here and there so it's not really a "finished" product.

Lonnie
lfe011969 is offline  
post #664 of 925 Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Newbie
 
lfe011969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe011969 View Post

I've combined several pieces of different projects found in this forum and over on the forums at Backyard Theater and the following post is the result (sorry had to make 3 posts before I could link to a website). It still could use some tweaking here and there so it's not really a "finished" product.

Lonnie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9j65ju8Rag
lfe011969 is offline  
post #665 of 925 Old 04-13-2010, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Magius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzbatl View Post

Where's Magius or Eubank?!

Wow there's actually people alive in here!? I haven't visited this dark little corner of the forums in months after the thread "died" about three separate times in '09.

Unfortunately I haven't touched Blender in much much longer than that even and I was never very good at it to begin with, so I've forgotten how most everything works Some day I've got to pick the software back up but my work schedule has been murderous these last couple years.

If you guys are having trouble with a file I created, such as Disney 3D (side note: holy crap that video is *everywhere* now!), let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. It looks like something about what I did doesn't render right in newer versions of Blender? I don't know anything about that, but I can tell you that 2.42a is the Blender version we were all using back then. In an SSE-optimized 2.46 I get the weird flickering in the Fox intro, but I never had problems with my own projects using that version either. I can post the installer for either of these if someone needs them to render the project properly.

On a little side rant, I guess I genuinely hoped someone would have stepped in, learned a smidgen of Blender, cleaned up my mess of a project and returned a better copy to the community by now. Instead all I see on Youtube is mirror images of my same ugly mess It's a little embarrassing seeing all those videos with my mistakes and sloppy coverups because I didn't know what I was doing... Arcs that aren't round, Tinkerbell that stops and starts again instead of flying smoothly behind the tower, that hideous gate/portcullis with all of its render artifacts from "faking" 3D by overlaying lots of 2D rectangles... *yikes!* Maybe I'm just oversensitive to it because I know they're there and I always wished I knew how to do it better? Then there's that Mactasticalous I saw a link to a page or two back doing "tutorials" that basically amount to "download Blender, download this project file (btw no credit to Woody for hosting it or myself for creating it) and click render."

Ah well perhaps you guys caught me on a rough morning. As I said I'll be happy to help you guys get my projects to render properly, even if the solution is as cheesy as rendering in an older version. I never claimed to be any good at this stuff, I just poked at it and tried new things until it did what I wanted.
Magius is offline  
post #666 of 925 Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 AM
Senior Member
 
w84no1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central VA
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magius View Post

Wow there's actually people alive in here!? I haven't visited this dark little corner of the forums in months after the thread "died" about three separate times in '09.

Unfortunately I haven't touched Blender in much much longer than that even and I was never very good at it to begin with, so I've forgotten how most everything works Some day I've got to pick the software back up but my work schedule has been murderous these last couple years.

If you guys are having trouble with a file I created, such as Disney 3D (side note: holy crap that video is *everywhere* now!), let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. It looks like something about what I did doesn't render right in newer versions of Blender? I don't know anything about that, but I can tell you that 2.42a is the Blender version we were all using back then. In an SSE-optimized 2.46 I get the weird flickering in the Fox intro, but I never had problems with my own projects using that version either. I can post the installer for either of these if someone needs them to render the project properly.

On a little side rant, I guess I genuinely hoped someone would have stepped in, learned a smidgen of Blender, cleaned up my mess of a project and returned a better copy to the community by now. Instead all I see on Youtube is mirror images of my same ugly mess It's a little embarrassing seeing all those videos with my mistakes and sloppy coverups because I didn't know what I was doing... Arcs that aren't round, Tinkerbell that stops and starts again instead of flying smoothly behind the tower, that hideous gate/portcullis with all of its render artifacts from "faking" 3D by overlaying lots of 2D rectangles... *yikes!* Maybe I'm just oversensitive to it because I know they're there and I always wished I knew how to do it better? Then there's that Mactasticalous I saw a link to a page or two back doing "tutorials" that basically amount to "download Blender, download this project file (btw no credit to Woody for hosting it or myself for creating it) and click render."

Ah well perhaps you guys caught me on a rough morning. As I said I'll be happy to help you guys get my projects to render properly, even if the solution is as cheesy as rendering in an older version. I never claimed to be any good at this stuff, I just poked at it and tried new things until it did what I wanted.

When people come over to my house and I have any of the custom intros running on a 100in screen, they don't see anything wrong with your work. They comment how cool it is to have a personalized intro.

I am grateful to you and everyone else who has contributed to custom intros. Without your ugly mess, I would have had to pay for some custom DVD crap. So thanks to you and everyone else who contributes to the custom intros!
w84no1 is offline  
post #667 of 925 Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Newbie
 
guitarbuildernh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I was fooling with this and read the threads on making it work and came up with my own solution since I do a lot of work in AE. The trick is to separate the lower half from the upper half so you canoverlay the text you want.

Time remapping works ok, but I still had some issues, so I came up with this work around, it involes creating another layer and using a mask in AE.

1. Download the project w84no1 has on his site.



2. I used this HD version of the Disney intro

demo-world.eu/trailers/redirect-high-definition.php?file=hd_distributor_walt_disney_pictures.rar


3. Unzip and UnRAR the files. Make the edits in the PSD file you want.

4. Open the AE project.

5. Double click on the 'missing' Disney file. Locate the HDintro you downloaded in step 2.

Now, make SURE you have set the composition preview for After Effects to something like quarter or third. If you have it set to full, you're going to be sitting there for a while while the frame renders.

6. Once you have the new Disney intro in your project, you want to click it and drag it to the "Create a New Composition" icon at the bottom of your 'Project' tab. This will create a new compostion that you can make edits to.

7.You will now have a new composition open on your workspace. You want to move the time indicator out to around 25 seconds.

8. Use your PEN tool and click just above the upper left corner of the video space, in the black area above the video.

9. Click again at the left horizon line.

10. Click again at the right horizon line.

12. Click up just above the upper right corner of the video area, in the black area above the video.

13. Lastly, click on the upper left spot againto 'close' the mask. You'll now see that everything outside this area is now 'black'... for intents and purposes, this area is actually gone.

14. Go back to the sequence 01 composition. In the project area,find the newest disney composition and drag it into the sequence 01 composition and place it ABOVE the Time Remapped layer.

15. The next part is a little tricky, but it was by experimenting that I figure what worked for me. If you are using After Effects CS3 or CS4 and the files mentioned above, these settings should work for you.

Shorten layer 3 to 24 secs 21 frames
Move the time Remapped layer to the same 24 seconds 21 frames
Put your time marker on that exact frame. Expand the time remap layer so you can see the keyframe for the time remap. Double click that keyframe and change the time value to 24 seconds.

Next, save the project and render out to your own settings. The beauty of this method (and I'll admit I didn't try to render out the others ones after reading some people were having trouble with the sparkle trail stopping.... using a mask allows the upper portion to keep going while the lower portion can be time mapped more easily.

A hint in AE, when moving parts around, as well as the time cursor hit CAPS LOCK and that will shut OFF the composition window refresh until you get the cursor right where you want it. Hit CAPS LOCK again and it will render whe frame the cursor is on.

I rendered this file on my quad processor box in about 20 minutes at full HD.

I also added a reflection in the water for the PSD layer, so the text reflects.

I'll render it and post a version up to YouTube. I can also make the AE project available to anyone if they want it.

There is probably an easier way to do this in AE, but this is what I came up with.

Next, I might put this into 3D space and animate a camera that moves past the text in the foreground, skimming the 'water' and moving towards the castle.

Not sure if people can PM me here, or if I need to leave my email address.

- MJ
guitarbuildernh is offline  
post #668 of 925 Old 04-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Newbie
 
guitarbuildernh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Additional info...

Putting this into 3D space isn't going to be as easy as I thought, it'll take a bit more fudging with compositions. I'll work on it more when I am done authoring the DVD I have due in the next two weeks. Meanwhile, I'm posting the clip to youtube, will get back with link, and I'll wrapup the project in AE and post that to RapidShare, complete with the HD content, wo you won't have to hunt for anything.
guitarbuildernh is offline  
post #669 of 925 Old 04-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Newbie
 
guitarbuildernh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
guitarbuildernh is offline  
post #670 of 925 Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Magius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not bad guitarbuildernh, your video looks to be coming along well. I like the added effect of the text reflection in the water. My old project didn't do that, I just dropped some text in front of the castle and faded it in when appropriate. Good luck on getting this into 3D and animating a camera around. That sounds pretty cool!

There does seem to be a little "jerk" in your video at ~25 seconds right after your custom name fades in and it seems to have something to do with the particle field. Do you know what's causing that?

Right at that moment a whole lot of particles that were on the screen a split second before disappear, and the ones that are left behind freeze in place and stop moving. To me this reminded me of playing a video in WMP, where when it ends it sometimes jumps back to a freeze frame of the first frame in the video... Do you think it's something like that where your particle effect needs to be continued for longer so it doesn't stop in mid video?

Anyways, I took a look at my own project from way back when to see what I had done with my particles and on mine they just ran through to the end. Admittedly not the best solution either, but it was good enough for me at the time. I would consider fading the particle system out after the name fades in if I were doing it again. That would probably make for a good effect.

In any case, I have to say thank you for the link to the 1080p version of this intro. Way back when there was no 1080p version, so I upconverted my DVD rip to use with my AE project. I'm downloading the 1080p version as I type so I can see if it's a simple drop-in re-render or whether I'll have to tweak the timing of my project. Too bad I've forgotten how to use AE after all this time!
Magius is offline  
post #671 of 925 Old 04-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Newbie
 
guitarbuildernh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Magius, thanks.

I think the particles could fade where you are indicating, I hadn't really looked at them closely, but it's certainly easy enough to set. They don't line up perfectly either, but I can fix it easily enough. The reflection is Video Copilot's VCReflect. It's a free plug in, works GREAT. I also think I want to update this project later so that you don't need the PSD file, you could just edit a text composition and have it work without some of the issues caused by the PSD. It's just a matter of applying the correct effects to the text to match those in Photoshop. Too back you can't export the style used and import it into AE.

The 3d stuff will be difficult. I can animate the camera based on a null object, but the problem is I need to extraxt a layer of water to pass the camera over.

I might be able to solve it if I render out a single frame at HD resolution and then use that to construct the 3d space. Lots to do to get it to work, but not much time right now, trying to get several projects all authored at once.

The link to the entire project, including the HD intro is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/37738608...nal_folder.rar
guitarbuildernh is offline  
post #672 of 925 Old 04-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Senior Member
 
w84no1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central VA
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbuildernh View Post

Magius, thanks.

I think the particles could fade where you are indicating, I hadn't really looked at them closely, but it's certainly easy enough to set. They don't line up perfectly either, but I can fix it easily enough. The reflection is Video Copilot's VCReflect. It's a free plug in, works GREAT. I also think I want to update this project later so that you don't need the PSD file, you could just edit a text composition and have it work without some of the issues caused by the PSD. It's just a matter of applying the correct effects to the text to match those in Photoshop. Too back you can't export the style used and import it into AE.

The 3d stuff will be difficult. I can animate the camera based on a null object, but the problem is I need to extraxt a layer of water to pass the camera over.

I might be able to solve it if I render out a single frame at HD resolution and then use that to construct the 3d space. Lots to do to get it to work, but not much time right now, trying to get several projects all authored at once.

The link to the entire project, including the HD intro is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/37738608...nal_folder.rar

I am adding it to my site as I type this.

Thanks!
w84no1 is offline  
post #673 of 925 Old 04-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Newbie
 
saxmbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would any of you be willing to take on a custom intro project for a fee?
I am unable to do mine right now due to my work schedule and other commitments.
Thanks,
Mike
saxmbs is offline  
post #674 of 925 Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Member
 
Vbabe1272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah blender is great! Thanks everyone for these. Is here a way to convert the files on woodys site to blender files? Not all of them are and blender is the easiest for me to work with
Vbabe1272 is offline  
post #675 of 925 Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Newbie
 
tmn80jpn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbabe1272 View Post

Yeah blender is great! Thanks everyone for these. Is here a way to convert the files on woodys site to blender files? Not all of them are and blender is the easiest for me to work with

I think the ones that aren't blend files are Adobe Effects. Can anyone take the .AEP files and create them as a .BLEND file for those that don't have Adobe Effect and create them so people can easily change the text to personalize the other intros like with the 20th Century Fox and Universal intros?

The .AEP intros on Woody's site are for the Latest Disney 3d, Dreamworks and Lionsgate.

woodyfamilycinema.com/?page_id=12

Also, can anyone write up a process on how to change the lettering on the Warner Bros. blend file?
tmn80jpn is offline  
post #676 of 925 Old 04-28-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Magius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry but there is no way to convert between an After Effects project and a Blender project. They are two completely different kinds of program that do two totally different things. Blender is for 3D modeling and animation, thus you generally start from scratch and create something with it out of shapes, meshes, etc. After Effects is for adding effects to existing videos, so you just load in a video file and do what you want with it.

The technique with the Blender projects was to recreate as accurately as possible a studio intro from scratch. The castle in the Disney Blender project for example was built by hand out of hundreds of cubes, cones and triangles. Mostly because the creator had no idea what he was doing . Tinkerbell was created as a particle simulation, flags were created as cloth simulations, etc. In the end it looked "close enough" to the original Disney castle to serve the purpose.

The technique with After Effects intros on the other hand was basically to mask off (cover up) the original studio name and add text with your own name, leaving the rest of the video untouched. The Disney project in After Effects simply plays the original Disney video (which you are expected to rip from a purchased DVD or Blu-ray) up until the part where the text would fade in. It then "freeze frames" the bottom portion of the video while letting the top continue to play, effectively stopping the text from ever fading in, but otherwise looking normal. A text box can then be laid on top of the frozen video on the bottom and faded in with whatever text you want.

Hopefully you can see that the techniques involved are completely unrelated, and the reason that AE caught on like wildfire is because it is far easier to edit someone else's video than to create one yourself from a white canvas. Long story short though, there won't be any converting between the two.
Magius is offline  
post #677 of 925 Old 04-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Member
 
Vbabe1272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Interesting... I always thought blender was the better choice but now AE sounds good. I guess blender is still easier since you can just change the resolution as apposed to having to rip a different resolution.
Vbabe1272 is offline  
post #678 of 925 Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Newbie
 
tmn80jpn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magius View Post

Sorry but there is no way to convert between an After Effects project and a Blender project. They are two completely different kinds of program that do two totally different things. Blender is for 3D modeling and animation, thus you generally start from scratch and create something with it out of shapes, meshes, etc. After Effects is for adding effects to existing videos, so you just load in a video file and do what you want with it.

The technique with the Blender projects was to recreate as accurately as possible a studio intro from scratch. The castle in the Disney Blender project for example was built by hand out of hundreds of cubes, cones and triangles. Mostly because the creator had no idea what he was doing . Tinkerbell was created as a particle simulation, flags were created as cloth simulations, etc. In the end it looked "close enough" to the original Disney castle to serve the purpose.

The technique with After Effects intros on the other hand was basically to mask off (cover up) the original studio name and add text with your own name, leaving the rest of the video untouched. The Disney project in After Effects simply plays the original Disney video (which you are expected to rip from a purchased DVD or Blu-ray) up until the part where the text would fade in. It then "freeze frames" the bottom portion of the video while letting the top continue to play, effectively stopping the text from ever fading in, but otherwise looking normal. A text box can then be laid on top of the frozen video on the bottom and faded in with whatever text you want.

Hopefully you can see that the techniques involved are completely unrelated, and the reason that AE caught on like wildfire is because it is far easier to edit someone else's video than to create one yourself from a white canvas. Long story short though, there won't be any converting between the two.


That's a great explanation. Thanks. Be nice if AE was free like Blender.
tmn80jpn is offline  
post #679 of 925 Old 04-30-2010, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Magius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Vbabe1272, you bring up an interesting point about the flexibility of resolutions in Blender. AE is by far "easier" in general, because you're starting with a video that is 90% the same as what you want in the end. All you have to figure out is how to get rid of the part you don't want (the studio's name) and replace it with what you do want (your name). Of course sometimes that can be very difficult or impossible depending on the video...

With Blender you're starting with nothing, but if you have the skill and patience you can create anything. And as you mentioned, once the project is created it can be rendered in any aspect ratio or any resolution without having to rework anything, unlike AE which requires a different source video and usually quite a bit of rework in the project.
Magius is offline  
post #680 of 925 Old 05-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Member
 
stupendousman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you want to do something which requires three dimensional panning around objects you really do need a 3D program like Blender. However, After Effects really is not limited to just laying effects on existing video.

If you go and watch the Video Copilot training videos and check out their site, you can see that After Effects is highly useful for creating things like movie trailers from scratch. If it doesn't require actual 3D panning around an image, you're going to get faster, easier results in AE in my opinion. Many of the custom HT trailers you've seen posted on this site has been created in AE.
stupendousman is offline  
post #681 of 925 Old 05-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Newbie
 
cheesestringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbuildernh View Post

The link to the entire project, including the HD intro is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/37738608...nal_folder.rar

Hi, ive downloaded your project, are there any instructions for it? when i go to render the movie, the end .avi file comes out really laggy. do i need to change some settings around before render or?

also the project was missing a plugin, the reflection one, was easy enough to find though, very nice.

thanks.
cheesestringer is offline  
post #682 of 925 Old 05-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Newbie
 
pgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi - The rapidshare link doesn't allow for downloads - it says it's reached its max amount of dl's, and that the uploader needs to change their account type. Thanks!
pgrin is offline  
post #683 of 925 Old 05-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
alougher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida, The Sunshine State
Posts: 934
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know where to get the DD5.1 or DTS version of the Fox logo fanfare?
alougher is offline  
post #684 of 925 Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Newbie
 
iwdk82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrin View Post

Hi - The rapidshare link doesn't allow for downloads - it says it's reached its max amount of dl's, and that the uploader needs to change their account type. Thanks!

i think the server is heavy temporarily. you can download another time.
iwdk82 is offline  
post #685 of 925 Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
slaveunit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwdk82 View Post

i think the server is heavy temporarily. you can download another time.

Lol. The free rapidshare uploads have a limit of 10 downloads or so. Its not a temp heavy load on the server. That DL is not coming back.
slaveunit is offline  
post #686 of 925 Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Newbie
 
gameshowlover72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think my earlier post should have gone in this section...

I do not know anything about 3D animation, but I have followed tutorials on this site for making blender projects for my movies (Fox intro, etc.)

My question is: Is there anyone with the know how who could create on Blender the 1980's CBS Movie Open (found on You Tube...I could not post the link) with all the cool music and neon.

I think this would make a great home theater intro and it could be customized like the Fox intro.

Thanks for any and all help that is provided!
gameshowlover72 is offline  
post #687 of 925 Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Member
 
Vbabe1272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yeah we def need more intros. only a select few on here know how to make them from scratch.
Vbabe1272 is offline  
post #688 of 925 Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Member
 
bobodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Nevada
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Blender is a extreamely powerful tool but not very user friendly. Most shortcut keys don't do what you think they should do. A little confusing at times, but I have managed to create nearly all of the available intros and just finished learning the Star Wars crawler intro with the help of Magius. I tried some of the Blender.org tutorials but they were just as confusing. Sort of reminds me of software programs created by the US government, always unfriendly. I do think the intros for blender have somewhat dried up as most advanced programers are going to After Effects (AE) and others. It was fun while it lasted. Have a nice day......

I knew it, they're all in kahoots. Slim Pickings- 1941
bobodude is offline  
post #689 of 925 Old 06-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Member
 
Dronson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

Check my version of 20th Fox intro
This is not a blender or any other 3d software project!

youtube.com/watch?v=7CMZe6kg-0w

Sometime later, any user can create own personlized verson of this(and any other, check my youtube channel) intro.

Now im not ready yet public how its made......
If someone intresting how create own intro, plz PM me.

Sorry for my english....

VipID Team
www.vipidme.com
Dronson is offline  
post #690 of 925 Old 06-18-2010, 05:21 AM
Senior Member
 
w84no1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Central VA
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronson View Post

Hi everyone,

Check my version of 20th Fox intro
This is not a blender or any other 3d software project!

youtube.com/watch?v=7CMZe6kg-0w

Sometime later, any user can create own personlized verson of this(and any other, check my youtube channel) intro.

Now im not ready yet public how its made......
If someone intresting how create own intro, plz PM me.

Sorry for my english....

Nice Work! I like your Pixar one also. Please share what you used to create them.
w84no1 is offline  
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off