Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 927 Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Great, thanks...

Lessons learned: Upgrade to latest release (now 2.44)

Bonus: seems to go about 20% faster

Michael

PSN: Chiahead
Chiahead's Man Cave - Indexed
Loganed on 8/29/2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 927 Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Has anyone considered making the Paramount "Stars" intro? The one where the stars come flying into the picture and form around the mountain. THere are two versions I've seen recently, one with a mountain and another with a DVD (and sound).

I've got lots of ideas, but neither the time or patience to work with Blender to get it working.

I'M FORMAT NEUTRAL
13 HD and no more
10 BR
300+ SD
post #183 of 927 Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, how do you add the ac3 file? In windows explorer, my system doesn't know how to play the ac3 file (no player attached to the ac3 extension) I tried Virtual Dub, but it only accepts WAV files. (or do I need a newer version of VirtualDub too?) No idea what version I am on (at least 1 year old) as I am at work now...

Magius, great work on the Disney intro. it looks wonderful.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #184 of 927 Old 08-29-2007, 01:52 PM

Does anyone have THX or DTS or Dolby blends. They would be cool but the best I can do is take the posted blends, change the name and add music. I just started so well see. Thanks to everyone for their efforts and unselfishness in sharing.

Also I took the FOX render, put in on disc, and took it to staples and had them print it out poster size for $25; it looks great! You can see mine under members photos. I will try and attach one in this reply.
post #185 of 927 Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Hello, can someone point me in the direction for adding sound to blender files? I am a noob at this blender stuff. I am doing the Universal Studio (inserting my name "here") blender and am ready to add the Universal Studio sound...but do not know how.
post #186 of 927 Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezug View Post

Hello, can someone point me in the direction for adding sound to blender files? I am a noob at this blender stuff. I am doing the Universal Studio (inserting my name "here") blender and am ready to add the Universal Studio sound...but do not know how.

There are quite a few posts on adding audio within this thread.

Do a search and you should find them.
-t
post #187 of 927 Old 09-28-2007, 11:41 AM

humm
mine does something odd.
after rendering the word "Pictures" appears in the bottom frame for a few seconds before appearing where it needs to go.

the only thing i can think of is that im rendering this bigger than it needs to be?
848x480 is what im aiming for.

is that the case?

My First Home Theater
usuable but never done
post #188 of 927 Old 09-28-2007, 05:40 PM

ahh yup. that was my problem. encoded it at NTSC standard size and its fixed.
heres my final product. audio added + voice over.

http://users.rcn.com/latnhacker/disney_colon_intro.mpg
very neat stuff. thanks!

My First Home Theater
usuable but never done
post #189 of 927 Old 09-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Chiahead,

i know it's a bit late but the issue you were describing looks to be the program interlacing the 2 frames. this is good for 480i or 1080i but useless for any progressive video.

Check out Max Headroom's Home Theater Projects and Software at Network XXIII and Image Library at Tin Studio

Latest Project: Digital Movie Mylar Software
post #190 of 927 Old 11-11-2007, 02:12 PM

Back from the dead....

That Disney file is great! Really been enjoying setting this up for my theater.. Just a couple questions about a few edits...

First, Is it possible to get the Tinker Bell arch to stop a bit lower than it does right now? It seems to stop on about frame 285, so how do you make it stop on a later frame?

Second.. Can the halo be larger? How do I edit the blender to maybe put a halo around the second part of the text also?

Thanks much in advance!
post #191 of 927 Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Can anyone recommend a simple still image template to use as a custom sartup logo (custom startup 'intro' still) when I power up the PJ?

The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here, and here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #192 of 927 Old 12-04-2007, 10:47 AM

How about this?

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rnologoiz0.jpg

"You need people of intelligence on this mission. . . quest. . . thing."
post #193 of 927 Old 12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Cool Mike. I am actually alread playing around with that FOX themed blender file. Blender is not easy, and I do 3D work for a living LOL! Very different GUI from what I am used to. Thanks! I will play an adapt the blender file to my needs, this is basically what I needed!

post #194 of 927 Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

You got PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFalz View Post

How about this?

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rnologoiz0.jpg

post #195 of 927 Old 01-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for rendering this in a 2.35 format. I can then stretch it out for 16x9 to match projector and let my VC lens compress it back down for the proper look on my 2.35 screen.

Ronnie
post #196 of 927 Old 01-22-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magius View Post

Absolutely Echo,
All the junk I create is destined for the boards here, and is geared towards being easily customizable for anyone's use. As I mentioned previously, my current .blend file is missing Tinkerbell and needs a few more tweaks as well before it's done.

For anyone interested in playing with the .blend at this early stage I've uploaded it in a .zip file, along with a test render of how the animation plays out so far, and the files associated with the true-type font that I used.

Just now looking at the test render I can see there are some timing issues with the word "pictures" and the halo needs a bit more work than I thought . I'm not sure why I suck so much at creating halos... they've plagued me since the original Universal logo...

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this, and I'll upload an update whenever I get around to finishing it.

I also made a Disney render. You can have my file as well if you like.

http://http://s17.photobucket.com/al...disneyDiVx.flv
post #197 of 927 Old 01-22-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpag2000 View Post

Hey guys, been reading through this thread and sounds like a bunch of interesting projects are going on. I know after I saw the FOX intro that I figured I'd give it a go an try to create my own custom intro. Its not based on any studio intro or anything like that, but more like some of the intros for the theater itself that I remember seeing. Any how, I wanted to post a video of my finished project and see what others think about it. I've left it as a still fairly large .avi file (4MB encoded with XVID) so I've got it hosted off site. Download it from htintro_xvid.avi

Just a little synopsis to explain some elements in the video. The remote control you see is an accurate 3D representation of my actual HT remote. The second half of the intro actually takes place in a 3D model of my theater room. I think I've spent upwards of 300-400 hours (or more) on this, and it feels SO good to finally feel like I'm done and have accomplished something.

I'd love to hear any comments and feedback on this, good or bad. Thanks, and good luck to everyone on their own projects.

- Tim

That looks AMAZING!! I don't suppose you'd do up a mini tutorial?

very good job!
post #198 of 927 Old 01-23-2008, 09:24 AM

Can someone give me some quick assistance? I downloaded the 3-d Disney Intro, completed the blender file and did the animation of it. However, the word Pictures gives me problems, I changed the word the Theater. When I did the animation, the word suddenly appears on the bottom of the screen at about the same time as the wording Walt Disney (changed to my theater name) and then POPs up the correct location. It looks weird. I dont think it should show up at the bottom, but rather just appear after the halo effect, correct??
post #199 of 927 Old 01-23-2008, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I used to have that. The word is stored at the bottom, and at the right time it moves up to what is supposed to be viewable. You probably have your dimensions set weird, so that you are seeing the temporary "storage" area. Are you using 16:9, or 4:3, or 2:35:1. Try some different ones, and just render the the slide of where you see it just before the halo. That will let you see if you will see it after a full rendering.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #200 of 927 Old 01-23-2008, 01:58 PM

Yes I am attempting to render it at 1080 x 720
post #201 of 927 Old 01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

thats more like 3:2, which isn't a TV standard. Try 16:9 or 2.35:1. The trick to just render 1 slide will save you allot of time. I think you are just seeing more of the bottom than was originally planned for viewing.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #202 of 927 Old 01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Can anyone list some 2.35:1 resolutions to render this stuff in for the mathmatically challenged

someone posted some true 16:9 as follows: Im lookin for the same type of response for 2.35:1.

16x9
832x468
800x450
768x432
etc.

Ronnie
post #203 of 927 Old 01-24-2008, 05:17 AM

You could try these

2.35:1
*1920x816
1280x544
*960x416
*480x208

*Note - Rounded to the nearest number divisible by 16
post #204 of 927 Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I'm surprised this thread is suddenly back from the dead, but it feels good seeing people still talking about and messing around with my Disney file.

For dhageremtp's question, Chiahead nailed it regarding the "storage spot" for the Pictures word. I was lazy and left it juuuust off camera on a 16x9 render. I could have just as easily stuck it 10 light years away but I wasn't thinking about people rendering different aspect ratios and I like to be able to see all my objects on screen while editing even if they aren't on camera.

As far as figuring out what resolutions will fit a given aspect ratio I recommend starting with the width that you want to render. Perhaps 1920, or 1280 as these are common depending on your screen, or try to go with an even divisor like 1/2 of these values, etc. To find the appropriate height to correspond to your chosen width, just multiply by the inverse of the aspect ratio. So for example if I wanted a 1920 pixel wide render with a 16x9 ratio I would get 1920*(9/16)=1080 pixels high (sounds familiar). 2.35:1 on the other hand would give 1920*(1/2.35)=817 pixels high. You can round these numbers off arbitrarily if you get decimal places, or do like w84no1 and round everything to the nearest multiple of 16.

The reason I posted this as a long explanation rather than just giving a table is this allows you to calculate any resolution for any aspect ratio based only on how wide your screen is, which anyone should be able to figure out. If you want a crazy 3.62:0.95 aspect ratio (I made this up) and have a 1280 wide display you'll want to render in 1280x336 resolution (1280*.95/3.62=336) it's as simple as that.
post #205 of 927 Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM

Man these things look great. Wish I had the time to mess with this again. I'm jealous.
post #206 of 927 Old 01-25-2008, 03:04 PM

Thanks for re-awakening this thread; my discovery of it led to two quick and painless intros for me using the Fox and Universal themes, respectively.

I'm thinking now I want a United Artists intro with different text. If you are a fan of Bond, you know what I am talking about; it is the intro you see/hear just before the famed Bond moving gunsight graphic and music on (almost?) every Bond film. Has anyone done something similar to this?

SCD
post #207 of 927 Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Magius,

I actually stumble with this thread I tried the link from your post and still works and now I have fox intro made for my hometheater. Before all I could do was just look at all your work now I have one for myself.

Peter
Enjoy HD no matter what......
post #208 of 927 Old 01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDouglas View Post

Thanks for re-awakening this thread; my discovery of it led to two quick and painless intros for me using the Fox and Universal themes, respectively.

I'm thinking now I want a United Artists intro with different text. If you are a fan of Bond, you know what I am talking about; it is the intro you see/hear just before the famed Bond moving gunsight graphic and music on (almost?) every Bond film. Has anyone done something similar to this?

SCD

me too would like to say thanks and maybe members here who have done quite a bit of intro could share a file for their work.

So far I have FOX intro

Peter
post #209 of 927 Old 01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

there is another thread for universal and the one that mikefalz file I am having a hardtime doing it. I followed his instruction but I could not get it right. So I am stuck with it and gave up. so for the update I only have FOX intro and would love to have the disney and unversal as well.

willise can you share a file that is avi ready? just like the FOX when I render it if fell to my wma file and were able to save it.

Peter
post #210 of 927 Old 01-25-2008, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Rutlian, I believe that I've done exactly what you're asking with both my Disney file and my Universal file. If you search back in this very thread you should be able to find a download for my Disney file which is extremely customizable. Unfortunately I can't host it myself so a few generous members were hosting it for me, and I have no idea if they've all since gone done or what. With my project file all you need to do is delete the old text and type in your own text and re-render with no knowledge of Blender.

Also, if you start at the *very* beginning of the Universal thread you'll notice that I uploaded various Universal projects along the way. I was the first one to "break the code" if you will and get a working Universal intro up. After me Atagert and MikeFalz sorta ran away with the show and kept adding improvements and updates that didn't all make it into my own project. Unfortunately the Universal logo is unlike Disney and Fox in that the "text" is not actually "text" and cannot be edited directly. It needs to be deleted and new text added to replace it and many of the motion characteristics re-coded. If you're happy with a slightly simpler Universal intro than what you can get from MikeFalz, I would look for the Blender files that I uploaded to that thread with a Word .doc of instructions on how to make it your own. You might even learn a bit about Blender while you play with it, and maybe MikeFalz's project would then be like piece of cake to follow along with.

Unfortunately I can take no credit whatsoever for the Fox intro. Like many of you I just stumbled across that thread and thought it was an amazing concept. That was my inspiration to go out and try to make other intros like my Universal, Disney, and Pixar (still unfinished ) projects.

In any case, I'm glad that there are still people discovering these projects and making use of them. Blender is quite a powerful tool and if more members of this community begin to dabble with it (as I did a few months ago) I can imagine a great number of new projects for us all to benefit from.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page