Finished Marquee - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 480 Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Looks good. I found the same thing with my LED lit poster boxes. Ended up going w/pure white LEDs

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

cuzed2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 480 Old 07-10-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CCLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Did it bring out the colors well?

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
CCLAY is offline  
post #453 of 480 Old 07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I found with the warm-yellow LEDs the posters appeared dull and kind of soft.
With the pure white LEDs the colors looked more natural and overall brighter.

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

cuzed2 is offline  
post #454 of 480 Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CCLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just tried a small fluorescent light I had laying around as a backlight and it is much better. I think the LED white lights will do the trick. Thx

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
CCLAY is offline  
post #455 of 480 Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Member
 
User7007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

Would love to know if anyone has the 3D Glasses logo and or .psd file as seen in Post #413 of this thread...

I am looking to update original Marquee sign that Volley sent out a few years back and would love to incorporate that new logo with my 3D projector!


Thanks!

User7007
User7007 is offline  
post #456 of 480 Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
alittletank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Antonio Tx
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
very cool, thanks for the ideas

alittletank is offline  
post #457 of 480 Old 01-28-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CCLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
marquee.JPG 90k .JPG file

Just thought I would post a pic of my finished marquee. Turned out very nice. Thanks to all on this thread.

Chris

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
CCLAY is offline  
post #458 of 480 Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cuzed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 4,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLAY View Post

marquee.JPG 90k .JPG file

Just thought I would post a pic of my finished marquee. Turned out very nice. Thanks to all on this thread.

Chris

Very Sharp - thanks for sharing!

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

cuzed2 is offline  
post #459 of 480 Old 05-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Member
 
Lordhits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordhits View Post

So I have the files from a slightly different version from the OP's post. Where's the best place to drop this so others can contribute too? I'm thinking github. Another site perhaps?

Since posting this, I have got a few PMs requesting the files. I've posted them on my Skydrive if anyone wants it.

Regards
timdafweak likes this.
Lordhits is offline  
post #460 of 480 Old 06-27-2013, 02:27 AM
Member
 
Geewhizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is one i made a long time ago.
I tinkered with the original.

Geewhizz is offline  
post #461 of 480 Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CCLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A bump for this post. I think it has helped alot of folks, including myself.

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
CCLAY is offline  
post #462 of 480 Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Member
 
TVJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great thread... it's fun to see how people take a concept and run with it.

I've re-imagined now the elements might look in a different order and am tweaking things as I go... I chose the neon blue color to put more attention on the name and to fit the color scheme of my room.

Also, I spotted some very, very thin LED rope lights in the Christmas section at my local big box store... wondering how those would work compared to traditional rope lights - if the light is white enough and bright enough, it might be worth trying to cut down on energy and keep the light box cooler.

TVJon is offline  
post #463 of 480 Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CCLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very nice tvjon. To heck with energy. Lite it up man!

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
CCLAY is offline  
post #464 of 480 Old 10-22-2013, 05:33 AM
Member
 
TVJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks CCLAY.

It's funny that some places charge hundreds of dollars for static lightbox signs like this. At that price you might as well mount a small computer screen or TV screen on the wall and drive stills and/or animations to it using an old computer. That way you could customize the image for each movie easily and maybe make a library of them to be called up at will. Taking this into After Effects and animating it wouldn't be difficult at all.

Mount a larger monitor vertically and you could do posters if the files are available somewhere.

Maybe that's phase two (and three) for this project!
TVJon is offline  
post #465 of 480 Old 11-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Newbie
 
emaniat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Does anyone still have an original file to email?

emaniat is offline  
post #466 of 480 Old 11-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Newbie
 
emaniat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Nevermind, found a good link on here.

emaniat is offline  
post #467 of 480 Old 11-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Newbie
 
Robstratton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone help me design one of these. I don't have photo shop and could pay a donation for time and resources to make it.
Robstratton is offline  
post #468 of 480 Old 12-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Newbie
 
jdunbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thought I would add my pic of my marquee. Much thanks to CCLAY for his help.smile.gif
jdunbar is offline  
post #469 of 480 Old 12-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Newbie
 
Robstratton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Jdunbar great marquee. I am trying to make mine but I don't have photoshop and don't want to spend 300 on a marquee from ebay.
Robstratton is offline  
post #470 of 480 Old 12-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJon View Post

Thanks CCLAY.

It's funny that some places charge hundreds of dollars for static lightbox signs like this. At that price you might as well mount a small computer screen or TV screen on the wall and drive stills and/or animations to it using an old computer. That way you could customize the image for each movie easily and maybe make a library of them to be called up at will. Taking this into After Effects and animating it wouldn't be difficult at all.

Mount a larger monitor vertically and you could do posters if the files are available somewhere.

Maybe that's phase two (and three) for this project!

If you're interested in making a poster display using an LCD screen, take a look at the MoviePoster thread. link is in my signature.
meyer64 is offline  
post #471 of 480 Old 12-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
meyer64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJon View Post

Great thread... it's fun to see how people take a concept and run with it.

I've re-imagined now the elements might look in a different order and am tweaking things as I go... I chose the neon blue color to put more attention on the name and to fit the color scheme of my room.

Also, I spotted some very, very thin LED rope lights in the Christmas section at my local big box store... wondering how those would work compared to traditional rope lights - if the light is white enough and bright enough, it might be worth trying to cut down on energy and keep the light box cooler.


I really like the layout and color scheme you used here. Would you be willing to share a photoshop file?
meyer64 is offline  
post #472 of 480 Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
kevings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Anaheim / Orange
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 150
I just built mine this weekend.....as you can see in this picture, i had a little bit of hotspotting going on in the upper left hand corner, even after installing a diffuser panel ( 3 of them actually ). My solution was to paint one of the diffusers white with spray paint. Doing this still allowed for plenty of light to come through, and also made the lighting perfectly even!

I also setup my sign to be controllable from my remote control ( irule ). I can control, on/off, bright/dim.

all in all, a very cool low cost project!


Link 1: All 3 Marty subs done, 6 week journey! Link 2: Quick Irule review with pics
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...k-journey.html
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-rem...ing-about.html
kevings is offline  
post #473 of 480 Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Newbie
 
Robstratton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks good
Robstratton is offline  
post #474 of 480 Old 12-27-2013, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dan4081's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevings View Post

I just built mine this weekend.....as you can see in this picture, i had a little bit of hotspotting going on in the upper left hand corner, even after installing a diffuser panel ( 3 of them actually ). My solution was to paint one of the diffusers white with spray paint. Doing this still allowed for plenty of light to come through, and also made the lighting perfectly even!

I also setup my sign to be controllable from my remote control ( irule ). I can control, on/off, bright/dim.

all in all, a very cool low cost project!



Looks fantastic. Great tip on using the white paint!
IS there any way to get the PSD file you used for the graphics?
I would love to modify it for my own.

Thanks

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
dan4081 is offline  
post #475 of 480 Old 12-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
kevings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Anaheim / Orange
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post

Looks fantastic. Great tip on using the white paint!
IS there any way to get the PSD file you used for the graphics?
I would love to modify it for my own.

Thanks

Dan, PM me your email and I can email it over to you.

And thx for the compliment regarding my marquee.....truth is that it looks a million times better in person. the picture looks washed out, and was taken before i fixed the hotspotting.

Link 1: All 3 Marty subs done, 6 week journey! Link 2: Quick Irule review with pics
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...k-journey.html
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-rem...ing-about.html
kevings is offline  
post #476 of 480 Old 12-27-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dan4081's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevings View Post

Dan, PM me your email and I can email it over to you.

And thx for the compliment regarding my marquee.....truth is that it looks a million times better in person. the picture looks washed out, and was taken before i fixed the hotspotting.

Sent and Thanks again!!

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
dan4081 is offline  
post #477 of 480 Old 07-22-2014, 02:12 PM
Newbie
 
kabuki-joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey i know this is an old thread but does anyone still have the psd files my drive crashed and i would love to get them back

thanks
kabuki-joe is offline  
post #478 of 480 Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CCLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Psd

I think i still have them at work. Ill try and get them to ya tomorrow. Pm me your email

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
CCLAY is offline  
post #479 of 480 Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Newbie
 
kabuki-joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A big thanks to CCLAY and kevings for sending me the files. I'm sure eventually someone will want it again so here's a link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8t...it?usp=sharing
kabuki-joe is offline  
post #480 of 480 Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CCLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lake Havasu, AZ
Posts: 2,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
And to Volley who started this. I probably wouldnt have my marquee if it werent for this thread. Or it would've cost me a lot more.

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
CCLAY is offline  
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off