Ambient light for behind a TV suggestions - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 122 Old 08-18-2014, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have used Ikea Dioders on the back of my tv for a while and am very happy with the look/colour.

Having said that, I'm hoping to be able to refine the control so that the lights can either be controlled by remote or just automatically turn on with the tv. What would be the best way to accomplish this?

If I just went with turning on automatically, I assume that a 'smart' power bar would be the easiest. Does anyone have recommendations for these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 122 Old 08-19-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 748
I put one of these behind mine just today: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

didn't find out until after they arrived that they don't come with a power convertor though, so add another 5bux for one of those. I've got a more 'expensive' version that I used for lighting up my platform seating, looks very similar but has a few more features and came with everything needed. I was trying to do it on the cheap this time, since I wasn't sure if I'd really ever use the bias lighting.

works decent, but, dimming feature doesn't work, and 'white' isn't very white. if I had to guess I'd say it's like 7500k or there about.

'white'

red/green/blue(there's some other options as well)

*note, the blue actually does look blue in real life. not sure what happened in the pic to make it look pinkish in parts

so my verdict, is that I would not recommend the exact model I used, as I think it'd be nice to be able to dim them as desired. but I like the general idea. they are remote controlled, color changeable, and if you plug it into a switched outlet, it'll remember the last setting.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One

Last edited by fierce_gt; 08-19-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Tags
Reviews , Accessories , Ambient

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page