post #91 of 219 Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drliu View Post

SuperTal-- if you are still out there, your program has amassed quite a few fans! We would love it if you would return to the fold (I would be happy to donate some PayPal funds for the cause)!

Count me in for the donation as well. I am about to start building my HTPC and it would be nice to have most of the bugs worked out in the very near future. I will be more than happy to contribute donation-wise, if everyone is on the same page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 219 Old 05-13-2009, 10:35 AM

Any idea why my trailers won't play with this? Slides and everything work great but the trailers just won't play
post #93 of 219 Old 07-01-2009, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***********3 View Post

Any idea why my trailers won't play with this? Slides and everything work great but the trailers just won't play

I just ran into the same issue with Quicktime not launching to play a high def 1080P trailer downloaded from Yahoo through the MovieList website

It will play movies thats are auto-played by Windows Media Player, but it will not launch Quicktime any more to play the MPEG-4 high def trailers.

I just built a new HTPC w/ Windows 7 and I was trying to set up my first pre-show and was dissapointed that the sequenced Pre-Movie show just stops and exits back to the Pre-Movie application when it's about to play a Quicktime highdef video.
post #94 of 219 Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 AM

I wish next update for this should support TS files so we can add all the Dolby and DTS demos to the pre-show.
post #95 of 219 Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 PM

Looking forward to that update.

Love the demos.

Did you get the Quicktime update? Otherwise, Check your File Types associations if needed for your system, and Change.

Just got Notorious in on DVD, will watch it tonight.

Peter
www.TVBacklightGuide.com
Where do I put the TV Light to Avoid Eye Strain?
post #96 of 219 Old 07-12-2009, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I am still unable to play HighDef 1080P .MOV trailers through SuperTal's Pre-Movie software. I left him a couple of PMs but I am not sure if he's even logged into the forum in weeks.

I have downloaded the latest versions of Quicktime, Windows Media Player, and even the new VLC 1.0 and the problem still exists whether I associate the 1080P .MOV file to open through eiter of the latest versions of Quicktime, VLC, or Windows Media Player even though each of the 3 media players can play those 1080P HighDef .MOV trailers on their own, but when I try to automate them through the Pre-Movie software, the show just stops and exists back to the application window when it reaches the HD trailers stage.

The only thing I can tell you is that I am running Windows 7, the RC version. I actually built my HTPC for the sole purpose of running the Pre-Movie applications and even purchased a custom intro as well. But now I am back to square one with no way of playing a pre-movie show because the app just quits playing when it gets to the HD trailer stage. I have tried everything I could think of, it seems like the Pre-Movie software will only play low resolution WMV's but nothing in 1080P or a .MOV video.

Please advise....thanks

-Sam
post #97 of 219 Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

This is the error log, it doesn't leave any clues. After some digging around I found out that it will play HD WMV trailers, but it will NOT play HD .MOV files no matter which of the 3 media players I associate the >MOV file type with.

Also the issue exists on both XP Pro and Windows 7 platforms.

-Sam

Log Entry : 1:10:34 PM Monday, July 13, 2009
- Error playing trailer file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Entry : 1:10:35 PM Monday, July 13, 2009

Log Entry : 1:10:36 PM Monday, July 13, 2009

Log Entry : 1:10:37 PM Monday, July 13, 2009
-------------------------
post #98 of 219 Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I really thought more AVSers used SuperTal's Pre-Movie software. If anyone is currently using it to automate highdef .MOV trailers, could you please PM me. I have not heard back from SuperTal and at this point I just need a little help in figuring out why highdef .MOV files are causing the Pre-Movie show to stop, even though Quicktime, WMP, and VLC 1.0 will play them without any issues.
post #99 of 219 Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 PM

Looks like a great program. I'm pretty tech savvy but can't get it to work at all. Not sure what the deal is. There is really no help/explanation in the program so its kind of hard to figure out when there is a problem. Hey.. it was worth a try. Anything else like this out there anywhere that might be similar?

Thanks

ÂA respectable amount of bourbon to pour in a glass is about two fingers worth. Lucky for me I have big fingersÂ
post #100 of 219 Old 07-17-2009, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoover View Post

Looks like a great program. I'm pretty tech savvy but can't get it to work at all. Not sure what the deal is. There is really no help/explanation in the program so its kind of hard to figure out when there is a problem. Hey.. it was worth a try. Anything else like this out there anywhere that might be similar?

Thanks

It used to work great with both 1080P .MOV and WMVHD, now it just quits back to the program. I just wish SuperTal would answer my PMs or check this thread. His Pre-movie program was the primary reason that inspired me to build my HTPC.

SuperTal...we need you dude
post #101 of 219 Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Seeing how little feedback I have gotten in the past few weeks about this Quicktime/MOV playback issue through MyPreMovieShow, I decided to take it upon myself to resolve the issue especially since I haven't heard back from SuperTal in over 3 weeks.

Ok as far as the fix....I distinctly remember being able to play .MOV 1080P trailers using the PreMovie show along with Quicktime late last year. So I did a little search and found this cool website below, which had the last 20 or so versions of Quicktime dating back to the very old 2.x version (we're in 7.6.2 now which does NOT work w/ PreMovie). So I tested the latest version available on that site which was 7.5.5 and it MAGICALLY worked, no crashing and the PreMovie Show effortlessly and smoothly transitions from Slides to Trailers.

http://www.oldversion.com/QuickTime.html#download
(click on version 7.5.5 and make sure Quictime is the default player for .MOV)

I understand that SuperTal may either be too busy or may not have interest in maintaining his application going forward, but that's why we (users of his app) should pitch in some cash together to keep this wonderful app alive, or have someone else work with him to update and maintain the code. As of right now, the code is not updated so it will NOT work with the any of the 7.6.x versions of Quicktime, also it would be nice if we could get the software to recognize and play MT2S files since many of us use Volley's excellent highdef custom intros.

I will go on record that I will agree to pitch in an agreeable donation amount to keep the code updated so we can all use this app in our dedicated theaters for years to come. I hope to hear back from SuperTal and at least get his feedback, and let us know if he ever plans to maintain and update his software.
post #102 of 219 Old 07-23-2009, 10:11 AM

I can't seem to get mypremovie to launch WinDVD (or any other player for that matter). The slides and trailers work great. When it gets to the launch, it just shuts down.

Thanks!!!
post #103 of 219 Old 07-23-2009, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry H. View Post

I can't seem to get mypremovie to launch WinDVD (or any other player for that matter). The slides and trailers work great. When it gets to the launch, it just shuts down.

Thanks!!!

Even though I have a good BD-ROM in my HTPC, I always chose to use the PS3, so I switch to PS3 on my harmony remote as soon as the custom intro is through player, after the slides and trailers. But I will test to make sure that whatever BD software I have launches automatically. I am sure you know this already, but just in case, you do need to browse the the exe file in WinDVD within the PreMovie set up, and check a box that will make it automatically launch. again I am sure you know this little detail, but wanted to pass it along just incase. Either ways, I am gonna give it a shot this weekend to make sure it works
post #104 of 219 Old 07-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 View Post

Even though I have a good BD-ROM in my HTPC, I always chose to use the PS3, so I switch to PS3 on my harmony remote as soon as the custom intro is through player, after the slides and trailers. But I will test to make sure that whatever BD software I have launches automatically. I am sure you know this already, but just in case, you do need to browse the the exe file in WinDVD within the PreMovie set up, and check a box that will make it automatically launch. again I am sure you know this little detail, but wanted to pass it along just incase. Either ways, I am gonna give it a shot this weekend to make sure it works

I've tried it with the full path and with just the .exe file name. Neither seems to work. The box is checked as well. Very odd. . .

Thanks for your help.
post #105 of 219 Old 07-28-2009, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm back! Hopefully for an extended period of time! Here is what I've got in mind:

1. Update MyPreMovie to use the latest version of QuickTime available from Apple.
2. Review code for improved error handling and support.
3. Research VLC and see if I can include it instead of QuickTime and Media Player. The QuickTime Interop is such a headache!!

I've temporarily abandoned re-writing in Microsoft WPF due to time...

Thanks guys and YES, donations are greatly needed!

My new site is up: http://www.MyPreMovie.com/ - the ultimate in pre-movie showing, it's a fun hobby!
post #106 of 219 Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTal View Post

Hey guys, I'm back! Hopefully for an extended period of time! Here is what I've got in mind:

1. Update MyPreMovie to use the latest version of QuickTime available from Apple.
2. Review code for improved error handling and support.
3. Research VLC and see if I can include it instead of QuickTime and Media Player. The QuickTime Interop is such a headache!!

I've temporarily abandoned re-writing in Microsoft WPF due to time...

Welcome back. Unfortunately it no longer works for me. Looking forward to your next release which I hope is soon.
post #107 of 219 Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey guys, I'm back! Hopefully for an extended period of time

HE IS BACK!!!!! YES!!! I will be sending my first donation soon, and will continue helping with whatever I can financially and otherwise.

One request, do you think you can make it where it can recognize and open M2TS (AVCHD) files? reason I ask which I probably stated in my prevoius PMs is because this is the file format that Volley uses by default for his custom intros. He tried converting the files to WMV-HD and the quality difinitely took a hit.

-Sam
post #108 of 219 Old 07-28-2009, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I guess I am Also back to square one, I had been able to get PreMovie to launch .mov HD trailers using the older 7.5.5 version of Quicktime, this was on my work's laptop which is XP-Pro. Tonight I was hoping to replicate this success on my new Windows 7 HTPC and PreMovie exited the show when it hit the trailer stage...So instead of continuing to mess with it again, I will patiently wait on SuperTal's upcoming upgrade. His return couldn't have come at a better time because I am about to start pulling my hair and smashing the keyboard
post #109 of 219 Old 07-29-2009, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,
Do you know where I can get a sample M2TS file format so I can test?

Ah, running Windows 7 already? As soon as I get my hands on the final release of Windows 7 I'll compile under that OS. I noticed Apple doesn't list Windows 7 as compatible with QuickTime, something I'm sure they will do by October 22?

My new site is up: http://www.MyPreMovie.com/ - the ultimate in pre-movie showing, it's a fun hobby!
post #110 of 219 Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:

Hi,

Ah, running Windows 7 already? As soon as I get my hands on the final release of Windows 7 I'll compile under that OS. I noticed Apple doesn't list Windows 7 as compatible with QuickTime, something I'm sure they will do by October 22?

Standard Def: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/

HD section: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

The part # is the download link.

post #111 of 219 Old 07-29-2009, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi,

Supertal,

See the links below for the M2TS intro files and the website I use to download high def 1080P trailers.

Two custom intro's authored by Volley (in M2TS AVCHD format)

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN GETTING THEIR OWN CUSTOM INTROS: PLEASE CONTACT VOLLEY IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR OWN CUSTOM INTRO WITH YOUR FAMILY and/or THEATER NAME, THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE OF THE HIGH QUALITY OF HIS M2TS intros

As far as highdef trailers, I get this from this website:

http://www.movie-list.com/

(search for a movie trailer by title, right click on the Yahoo 1080P trailer to download & save the .MOV 1080P trailer, rather than stream)

I belive you can still get a free RC download for Windows 7 for the next few days before they take it offline. Also Quicktime's latest version works flawlessly with Windows 7, and so does your PreMovie app as is, because if it works for Vista, it will work almost 99% of the time with Windows 7. BTW, I should say Windows 7 ROCKS!!!! Ia m so glad that Vista will be phased out soon!
post #112 of 219 Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Supertal,
While I still cannot get Premovie to play nice with the latest version of Quicktime, I did a little experimenting with your current 0.5 version to see if there is a way I can still play the custom M2TS intros for the mean time while you work on updating your code. So I was able to use the FINISH tab, which is used to launch external programs, to launch VLC instead of a DVD/BD media player, to play the custom M2TS intros and it worked.

So if for any reason you cannot get VLC to be the default player to open .MOV or .WMVHD or .M2TS files, maybe you can instead just add another option in the finish tab to launch a Secondary external app. This way we can use the first launcher option to launch VLC and play the intro, and then assign the second launcher option to launch whichever DVD/BD player software. Which means the trailers are still being played during the trailer stage via the latest version of either WMP or QuickTime, then the custom M2TS intros can be played in the "FINISH" stage by launching VLC and playing the intro as the first action, then launching the DVD/BD media player to play the movie for those who use their HTPC to play movies.

Just another option if enabling your app to use VLC becomes a hassle
post #113 of 219 Old 07-31-2009, 10:40 PM

After purchasing a new laptop and installing mypremovie on it, my problem is that it won't save so I can't run the show. There's an error message at the bottom stating Error Saving Data - (Access to the path'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MyPreMovie\\MyPreMovie\\PreMovieConfig.xml' is Denied). The other laptop I was using, the program worked without any problems. The old laptop had 32 bit Vista operating system and the new one has 64 bit Vista. Would that make a difference? Really looking forward to see what the HDMI output and mypremovie would look like on my 50" plasma.

Thanks
post #114 of 219 Old 08-01-2009, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Try right-clicking on the MyPreMovie shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". Let me know if that works.

post #115 of 219 Old 08-01-2009, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Yep, just like SuperTal said, you don't currently have admin rights under the account you are logging with. Log in with the default admin account, and give your current login account local admin rights.

On the other hand, you can just right click and run as admin as Supertal had suggested.

-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by agarr14 View Post

After purchasing a new laptop and installing mypremovie on it, my problem is that it won't save so I can't run the show. There's an error message at the bottom stating Error Saving Data - (Access to the path'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MyPreMovie\\MyPreMovie\\PreMovieConfig.xml' is Denied). The other laptop I was using, the program worked without any problems. The old laptop had 32 bit Vista operating system and the new one has 64 bit Vista. Would that make a difference? Really looking forward to see what the HDMI output and mypremovie would look like on my 50" plasma.

Thanks

Quote:

Try right-clicking on the MyPreMovie shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". Let me know if that works.

post #116 of 219 Old 08-02-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:

Yep, just like SuperTal said, you don't currently have admin rights under the account you are logging with. Log in with the default admin account, and give your current login account local admin rights.

On the other hand, you can just right click and run as admin as Supertal had suggested.

-Sam

Thank you for your quick responses. I double checked my setting and went into control panel under users and I am logged on as admin. I am the only account setup on this computer. And I checked the mypremovie shortcut and I can't seem to find where to change that setting?
post #117 of 219 Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you for your quick responses. I double checked my setting and went into control panel under users and I am logged on as admin. I am the only account setup on this computer. And I checked the mypremovie shortcut and I can't seem to find where to change that setting?

I am assuming you're running Vista? Try holding the SHIFT key down, as you Right-Click and select "Run As Administrator" from the right-click menu. You will have to browse to the actual exe file in the MyPreMovie directory under C:\\Program Files. Find the .exe file, hold SHIFT, Right Click, and select Run As Admin. This should work...

I am not sure why it doesn't see you as an admin...is this a work laptop? or is it your personal PC/laptop?
post #118 of 219 Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:

I am assuming you're running Vista? Try holding the SHIFT key down, as you Right-Click and select "Run As Administrator" from the right-click menu. You will have to browse to the actual exe file in the MyPreMovie directory under C:\\Program Files. Find the .exe file, hold SHIFT, Right Click, and select Run As Admin. This should work...

I am not sure why it doesn't see you as an admin...is this a work laptop? or is it your personal PC/laptop?

Ok that seems to work as long as I start the program by holding the shift key and select run as each time. A window appears each time to allow or cancel the program. But, when I try to select it without holding the shift key the error still appears when you go to save. This is my personal laptop with Windows Vista 64 bit.
post #119 of 219 Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok that seems to work as long as I start the program by holding the shift key and select run as each time. A window appears each time to allow or cancel the program. But, when I try to select it without holding the shift key the error still appears when you go to save. This is my personal laptop with Windows Vista 64 bit.

Glad to know it worked for you. Until you figure out how to give your account permanent admin rights, you will need to Shift+RClick the EXE file and run as admin. But it will work this way everytime.

BTW, Good to hear that you are using Windows Vista 64bit, because I am having some trouble playing trailers through PreMovie in Windows7 64bit. That gives me some hope that it might be a minor bug fix for SuperTal. Can you confirm that you are for sure able to play .MOV 1080P trailers via QuickTime through PreMovie ?

Supertal,
It may sound like your PreMovie app works with 64bit Vista, any ideas why it may not work with Windows 7_64bit?

-Sam
post #120 of 219 Old 08-04-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:

BTW, Good to hear that you are using Windows Vista 64bit, because I am having some trouble playing trailers through PreMovie in Windows7 64bit. That gives me some hope that it might be a minor bug fix for SuperTal. Can you confirm that you are for sure able to play .MOV 1080P trailers via QuickTime through PreMovie ?

Supertal,
It may sound like your PreMovie app works with 64bit Vista, any ideas why it may not work with Windows 7_64bit?

-Sam

It does not play the trailers with Vista 64 bit. I started the show went through the slide show when the time came to play the trailers the show ended. I tried playing just the trailers and it ends before it starts.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page