MyPreMovie.com has launched! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 219 Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I actually met my Oct. 1 deadline.

Head on over to http://www.MyPreMovie.com/ and try things out.

I also added an online ticket maker (as if there aren't plenty around), just wanted to see if I could do it. I plan on adding more. Plus, you can print to PDF, too.

Well, hope you guys enjoy this next version of MyPreMovie!!

Let me know if you get any errors, etc.

Thanks!
SuperTal

My new site is up: http://www.MyPreMovie.com/ - the ultimate in pre-movie showing, it's a fun hobby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 219 Old 09-30-2007, 08:33 PM

Congratulations! Looks pretty good. Is there a way to stop the slideshow or trailers early and jump right to the end?
post #3 of 219 Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Can't seem to register. Every time I try, I get this:

Password length minimum: 7. Non-alphanumeric characters required: 1.

Tried many different passwords (some 7, some 8, some 12. some with 1 number, some with 2, some with up to 4) and I always get that message.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #4 of 219 Old 09-30-2007, 10:49 PM

Good start I am going to try it out. And I noticed your in AL as well.

Eventually my Nickflix theatre build will have a thread.
post #5 of 219 Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Advanced Member

Same problem with password (using an 8 char + 1 numeric password), but won't let me register.

I'M FORMAT NEUTRAL
13 HD and no more
10 BR
300+ SD
post #6 of 219 Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, you have to have 1 non-alphanumeric character. Like an !, @, ~, or something like that. I'm going to change that.

Does anybody still see the "Coming soon picture"? I'm at work and everybody still sees the old page even though I deleted it. Must be some cache problems.

My new site is up: http://www.MyPreMovie.com/ - the ultimate in pre-movie showing, it's a fun hobby!
post #7 of 219 Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I don't see a coming soon picture.

It might help if there were some general instructions somewhere on the site. I know you had a thread here somewhere, but I never got the chance to really read it. I'm guessing that after downloading, you need to take files that are already on your computer (stills or trailers) and import them into it? Step by step instructions somewhere might be a help to people, as well as maybe having an example that they can view

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #8 of 219 Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 AM

I am assuming this is for a HTPC. It uses XPMCE or Vista. Is there a way to use this and stream it to an Xbox360 using it's extender capability? If I can I will definitely use this!

If you cannot tell the difference between HD and SD on a large screen TV get your frackin' eyes checked!
XBox Live: Vinny516
post #9 of 219 Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Liked: 12
I am not sure if you prefer comments to be made in this thread or on the My PreMovie site. However, here are my findings so far:

Cannot close without Task Manager when in operation. This was possible before.

Feature Presentation is still in. Would like to use my own.

Under closing, the choices don't seem to work. The first choice does not fade but returns to desktop and then shows the external player. In V3 the transition was seamless. Neither the desktop nor external player screen was seen. Sometimes received unhandled exception.

On start up, the volume is off in player. Have to manually set each time. How can I set this to remain on?
post #10 of 219 Old 10-01-2007, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Instructions are on the "To Do" list.

Yes, this is for HTPC, I still don't have an XBox so I can't test it there. (perhaps if I get enough donations )

Yes, please post comments here..

When I re-wrote the application I left out the close features and mouse hiding ability. Sorry! It will be added back.

I will add override feature for the Feature Presentation (just like the Start tab).

I found a last minute bug in the Closing section, and that will be reviewed as well.

Volume control is being research, too. Which section did you have volume problems with?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

post #11 of 219 Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 AM

"Volume control is being researched, too. Which section did you have volume problems with?"

Under Trailers using player's controls, the trailer plays but no sound as the volume control on the control starts at its lowest point. When raised the sound comes in ok.

Without the player's control ticked, the trailer plays with no sound but the volume cannot then be raised.

I also noticed that there are white fluttering lines between trailers.

Indicated previously:
The first choice does not fade but returns to desktop and then shows the external player. In V3 the transition was seamless. Neither the desktop nor external player screen was seen.
post #12 of 219 Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Made some minor updates to the web site. Changed password requirements, and added ability to change password, etc.

Loma, you mention white fluttering lines between trailers? Vertical or horizontal lines? hmm...

Thanks..

post #13 of 219 Old 10-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTal View Post

Made some minor updates to the web site. Changed password requirements, and added ability to change password, etc.

Loma, you mention white fluttering lines between trailers? Vertical or horizontal lines? hmm...
Thanks..

Horizontal Lines.

How about the issue - after the feature presentation screen (which I believe you will adjust), my external player (WinDVD) screen is seen. Is it possible for this not to be seen, making the change seamless?
post #14 of 219 Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

I believe if you launch WinDVD in full screen mode, then it should appear to be seemless. Is that what you mean?

On another note, I plan to work on MyPreMovie Lite this week and update how the ending works.

Anybody have a chance to look at MyPreMovie tickets? Is it worth making nicer ticket templates? Feedback is appreciated...

Thanks...

post #15 of 219 Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:

I believe if you launch WinDVD in full screen mode, then it should appear to be seemless. Is that what you mean?

On another note, I plan to work on MyPreMovie Lite this week and update how the ending works.

Anybody have a chance to look at MyPreMovie tickets? Is it worth making nicer ticket templates? Feedback is appreciated...

Thanks...

Thanks for your response.

I do launch WinDVD in full screen mode but from trailers the desktop is seen, then the player, then the smaller screen, then full screen (all WinDVD),then movie.

Have not tried the tickets as I have been working on the above. Will try shortly and provide feedback. However it would be nice to have a choice.

Under Slideshow and Trailers (Folder Selection) can you add to allow a selected number of slides and trailers? As it is, if you have say 20 items, it will play all 20. The idea is to provide the choice of playing any number less than that in the folder.
post #16 of 219 Old 10-18-2007, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hey guys, I've been upgrading my PC to Vista Ultimate 64 bit, but have decided to abandon and go with the 32 bit due to software and other driver support problems.

In other words, I haven't disappeared. I do plan on adding new features and enhancements to MyPreMovie when I get caught up.

Good idea, loma, I'll look into that. The idea with the folder selection was so that you could create folders for different genres and put only the ones you want to play for that showing. That way it plays all of them in the folder for that showing. Make sense? But I guess if you want to use a folder with 1000 images, it would make sense to limit the number... once again, great idea!

Thanks guys!

post #17 of 219 Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:

Hey guys, I've been upgrading my PC to Vista Ultimate 64 bit, but have decided to abandon and go with the 32 bit due to software and other driver support problems.

In other words, I haven't disappeared. I do plan on adding new features and enhancements to MyPreMovie when I get caught up.

Good idea, loma, I'll look into that. The idea with the folder selection was so that you could create folders for different genres and put only the ones you want to play for that showing. That way it plays all of them in the folder for that showing. Make sense? But I guess if you want to use a folder with 1000 images, it would make sense to limit the number... once again, great idea!

Thanks guys!

Thanks for your response. Look forward to the next release. When you do get the opportunity, could you put the "seamless" issue on your to do list?
post #18 of 219 Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

SuperTal, this is awesome! My old PMM is running kind of flaky!
Thanks for making this!
I sent you a donation.
post #19 of 219 Old 10-20-2007, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Glad you like it! And a BIG Thank You for the donation!!

post #20 of 219 Old 10-22-2007, 08:40 AM

One Question...for pre-movie manager I've programmed girder with a command to escape the slideshow and start the trailers (I believe it's just an escape key pressed during the slideshow)...is there any kind of similar function in mypremovie?
I can't always set it up to loop slideshow until a time, because I usually don't start the movie at a certain time.
post #21 of 219 Old 10-24-2007, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

No, currently there isn't, but that's a good idea. I'll look into adding it and see what I can do.

Thanks!

post #22 of 219 Old 11-17-2007, 12:58 PM

What's up? How is the computer? Hope My PreMovie is not dead.
post #23 of 219 Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

No, it's definitely not dead. I've been looking at the new features of the 3.5 .NET framework, and I've been swamped at work. I hope to have my next release out by the end of the year before I upgrade it to the 3.5 .NET framework.

Is everybody still using it?

post #24 of 219 Old 11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I eval'ed it and it would be difficult for me to use.

Resons:

1) Attempting to use the option to specifiy a slide directory in which to look for files does not work of that directory contains a space in the name.

2) Trying to use the individual file option will NOT preserve ordering for group-selecting files. It instead default to alphabetical. My slide are named with a first letter of "Q" or "A" for Question and Answer, respectively. The only way to get the program to use a specific file order is to add them one at a time. With over 400 slides, that was not an option.

3) The trailer preview (in .wmv format) did not scale to full screen despite the box being checked.

It looks like a nice program, and I'd like to find something to replace my surrent picture playlist in Media Player. Perhaps as this program develops further I'll look again. I can certainly consider renaming the slides if need be...

-Steve
post #25 of 219 Old 11-21-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:

No, it's definitely not dead. I've been looking at the new features of the 3.5 .NET framework, and I've been swamped at work. I hope to have my next release out by the end of the year before I upgrade it to the 3.5 .NET framework.

I'd be able to use it, if it had the "esc" key to exit slideshow feature..if you add that I'll definitely use it!!
post #26 of 219 Old 12-06-2007, 11:15 AM

I can't get a preview of the movie ticket I made to work. It is just a blank space there.
post #27 of 219 Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LathanM View Post

Congratulations! Looks pretty good. Is there a way to stop the slideshow or trailers early and jump right to the end?

Hi, Lathan, I asked Tal for the same feature, otherwise I cannot use it.
It'd be a really great replacement for PMM if it could end with an ESC or jump to end
post #28 of 219 Old 12-06-2007, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

I'm working on that and a few other updates and it will be in the next release.

SurfHB, Did you get the ticket to work?

post #29 of 219 Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Hey....Yeah SuperTal...It works fine now. Thanks! That is pretty cool. My daughters 5th Birthday is next week. I may use this! :-)
post #30 of 219 Old 12-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:

Have a great 2008. Looking forward to the next release.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page