Massage Chairs? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 62 Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a previously-owned Omega Montage M-3000 from a neighbor. It is fantastic, incredible! My wife and I use it every day for extreme relaxation, pleasure and health benefits.

This model is discontinued, but I would recommend any model from Omega. A company named Elite makes the Triumph which is almost exactly the same for under $2K. You need to try out any model in a store.

A message chair is not for a home theater. You close your eyes and experience it, not watch a movie.

Sam, NYC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 Old 03-23-2011, 02:26 PM

We recently got an Inada Sogno Dreamwave and all I can say is OMFG is it incredible

I could not begin to imagine trying to watch a movie while in this, now music on the other hand...
post #33 of 62 Old 03-23-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephF View Post

We recently got an Inada Sogno Dreamwave and all I can say is OMFG is it incredible

I could not begin to imagine trying to watch a movie while in this, now music on the other hand...

The Sogno Dreamwave is quite a chair - what are the features you like best?

Sam, NYC
post #34 of 62 Old 03-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Palliser makes a pretty good massage chair--they have one that massages your calves--HEAVEN! My chiropractor used to have one in his waiting room.
post #35 of 62 Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Liked: 12
I had an iJoy massage chair in our HT up until a few weeks ago when I bought our theater seats. I did NOT like having it in there. The iJoy, although it's held up great over the last 5 years, is way too loud to be in a HT room. It annoyed the crap out of me when my wife would turn it on. Maybe there are some quieter ones out there, but I'd have to guess that they couldn't be quite enough for me. I can attest to the fact that the iJoy seems to be of quality, because we've had it so long without a single issue. Now, my wife loved watching movies while getting a massage, and the noise from it didn't bother her at all. It now resides in the family room where my wife can watch movies on the 58" plasma if she chooses.
post #36 of 62 Old 04-05-2011, 04:12 PM

For me, time in a message chair is a time to close one's eyes and totally feel a sense of deep relaxation. No way do I want to watch a movie. IMO massage chairs are fantastic, but not appropriate for a HT.

Sam, NYC
post #37 of 62 Old 04-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanter1 View Post

The Sogno Dreamwave is quite a chair - what are the features you like best?

Everything

I love the foot & calf massage, but it just does so much so well that it really is hard to pick out one or two features.

I have a hip problem that the dreamwave selection has been really good for. My wife has gone from seeing the chiropractor every other week to having gone once in the past two months.
post #38 of 62 Old 04-06-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Everything

Do you find all those airbags nice? Figure 8 seat?

I find that rollers rolling, kneading, tapping, etc. on back are main joy of massage chairs. Air bags, heat, vibration are just gravy, but no big deal.

Sam, NYC
post #39 of 62 Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM

I've actually been very impressed with the airbags. I will frequently run it without any rolling at all. It can exert a serious level of pressure with these.

I'd say that the vibration is probably the least impressive function, but then that should probably be expected.

The pre-programed options are all quite good, and while you can select all of the various operation modes manually, it would be nice to be able to create your own full program.

That said, the rolling/kneading/tapping features are pretty much the heart of it and are amazing.
post #40 of 62 Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:

I've actually been very impressed with the airbags. I will frequently run it without any rolling at all. It can exert a serious level of pressure with these.

I'd say that the vibration is probably the least impressive function, but then that should probably be expected.

The pre-programed options are all quite good, and while you can select all of the various operation modes manually, it would be nice to be able to create your own full program.

That said, the rolling/kneading/tapping features are pretty much the heart of it and are amazing.

What about the seat figure 8 "wave" feature? Gimmick or not?

My chair has limited airbags, calf, seat and back. The calf is pretty nice, I use for feet too. Back and seat not so great. It also has nice mechanical rollers for calf/feet.

When using an auto program one can watch exactly what is happening on the LCD remote, and how complex a program can be. Everything is constantly changing, from different modes to speeds and intensities, to width of rollers, to vibration (which really adds a lot), all enhancing the massage. It gives an amazing massage, once you learn how to work with it. I love that I can use an auto program on specific areas, or even a fixed spot. The main problem I have is making sure my neck doesn't arch back when rollers are on my back - different distance from when they are on neck and shoulders. Could be the shape of my spine.

The Sogno seems like the holy grail of chairs - I could not afford or justify one at this point. I wish i could try one, but no dealers in NYC.

I'm just thrilled that I fell into this great pre-owned Omega M-3000 chair for $800! I love the thing, and it's really helping my body and mind relax!

I read about one chair that is controlled from iphome/ipad, and one can download programs from experts!

Sam, NYC
post #41 of 62 Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM

The figure 8 is part of the dreamwave program and isn't a gimmick for me, as it is pretty effective for my hip.

The remote display on this isn't overly impressive. It displays propaganda about the particular program, what the settings are and a crude time remaining display. But then we didn't buy it for what the remote does

I can definitely understand the cost issue. Ours was a demo model from our local home & garden show and was significantly less than retail. If this hadn't been going on right at the same time we both got bonuses, there is no way we would have done it.
post #42 of 62 Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:

The figure 8 is part of the dreamwave program and isn't a gimmick for me, as it is pretty effective for my hip.

The remote display on this isn't overly impressive. It displays propaganda about the particular program, what the settings are and a crude time remaining display. But then we didn't buy it for what the remote does

I can definitely understand the cost issue. Ours was a demo model from our local home & garden show and was significantly less than retail. If this hadn't been going on right at the same time we both got bonuses, there is no way we would have done it.

I used to think that massage chairs were very extravagant purchases for rich people. Now that I have one (only because I got a cheap used one) I consider it an incredible investment in health and well-being, and would consider purchasing another, like a Sogno, in the future if I could afford it. My wife, who said at first that she wouldn't go near it (hates mechanical devices) absolutely loves it and uses it every day as well.

Have you used other massage chairs before the Sogno, or is that your first?

Sam, NYC
post #43 of 62 Old 04-06-2011, 07:54 PM

I don't know how good this chair is, but the iPhone/iPad idea is very cool, especially that you can download specific massage programs made by sports and massage experts:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10445399-233.html

Sam, NYC
post #44 of 62 Old 04-07-2011, 07:40 AM

I'd done shorter demos on some others (don't recall which ones) before, but this is the first we've owned.
post #45 of 62 Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 AM

In any case - congrats, and enjoy the chair!

Sam, NYC
post #46 of 62 Old 05-08-2011, 04:29 PM

Which brand has the best warranty? I am on the market for one and would love a warranty where a person comes to your house and fixes with no questions asked and a five year guarantee.
post #47 of 62 Old 05-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Omega seems to be a top-quality brand with a 5-year warranty. You should contact them for details, as I think its only the first year that they have in-home warranty service. Parts might only be for 3 years - in any case, give them a call or email.

Elite also gives 5-year warranty, but I don't know much about the company.

Sam, NYC
post #48 of 62 Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:

Could you tell me what you mean by this statement?

I am looking to possibly purchase one but would want to use it as my primary home theater seat.

Is it comfortable to just sit in when not using the massage features?

when you said you wouldnt try to watch a movie in it, did you mean because you would fall asleep or because it wouldnt be comfortable for the duration. thanks.
post #49 of 62 Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 AM

I bought a gently used iComfort chair and love it. my ONLY complaint is the seat is ROCK hard which makes it sore on the butt after any length of time sitting in it. I have to get some sort of a cushion for it.

Here is the chair........and NO thats not what I paid

http://www.icomfort.ca/products/inde...8&prodID=21985
post #50 of 62 Old 09-20-2011, 12:24 PM

A massage chair is a bad choice as a home theater seat.

They are not particularly comfortable when not being used for a massage, and one would not want to watch a movie while getting a massage. Would you hire a masseuse to get a massage while watching a movie? The robotic massage chair is more like a masseuse than a chair, and should be used basically for massage, not as a lounge chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackmack View Post

Could you tell me what you mean by this statement?

I am looking to possibly purchase one but would want to use it as my primary home theater seat.

Is it comfortable to just sit in when not using the massage features?

when you said you wouldnt try to watch a movie in it, did you mean because you would fall asleep or because it wouldnt be comfortable for the duration. thanks.

Sam, NYC
post #51 of 62 Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 PM

I bought a massage chair a years ago a now I am using it now and its been a big relaxing experienced when you are tired.And It is in affordable price.Lower than $ 1,500
post #52 of 62 Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea99 View Post

I bought a massage chair a years ago a now I am using it now and its been a big relaxing experienced when you are tired.And It is in affordable price.Lower than $ 1,500

Which model chair do you have?

Sam, NYC
post #53 of 62 Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM

Skanter1 The massage chair that connects to the iPod/iPhone is awesome. It has heat in the backrest and tons of features, one of which is a comfort setting allowing you to use air bags to push your back away from the rollers. Its a bit pricy but totally worth it. I used it at my uncle's, he has it in his living room and it was by far the most comfortable massage chair I've sat in to watch TV and not use the massage part.

He also has two of the Perfect Chairs from Human Touch, one has heat and an air pulse system in it. I love those Perfect Chairs more than any of the chairs I've ever sat in. Personally, I'd look at the Perfect Chairs over a massage chair for my HT.
post #54 of 62 Old 09-22-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendscoot View Post

Skanter1 The massage chair that connects to the iPod/iPhone is awesome. It has heat in the backrest and tons of features, one of which is a comfort setting allowing you to use air bags to push your back away from the rollers. Its a bit pricy but totally worth it. I used it at my uncle's, he has it in his living room and it was by far the most comfortable massage chair I've sat in to watch TV and not use the massage part.

He also has two of the Perfect Chairs from Human Touch, one has heat and an air pulse system in it. I love those Perfect Chairs more than any of the chairs I've ever sat in. Personally, I'd look at the Perfect Chairs over a massage chair for my HT.

Love the idea of using iphone/ipad as remote - getting massage programs from others. I'd have to try the chair, however. Mine gives very strong massage, and 30" stroke length so that it goes all the way to top and bottom of spine - two most important features for me.

Sam, NYC
post #55 of 62 Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymanme View Post

I know the local Lexus dealer has them in their waiting area ... yeah, it is not really a showroom, but you can at least try them out. Other than that, I have never seen them where you could "try" them.

Thanks JKX7610mar5, Nice to hear I see their showroom those are nice and well decoration.
post #56 of 62 Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDamon View Post

wow ur an idiot. everyone knows that ripoffreport.com is just another cesspool of the internets.

Example:ripoffreport[dot]com/reports/0/219/RipOff0219436.htm

LOL somebody got their xbox taken away and is mad at mom. Great source of valid info, ripoffreport! (there's millions more like that, so stupid)

Anyways about the takeme chairs, i have a bro in melb.,FL and he has been to their store before. He says the message chaiirs are just liek at brookstone but for less $$. when i go visit him i will try one (my dad's turning 60 soon)... i would not believe some moron on the web if I should or should not buy something...

TRY IT FIRST. then, if you dont like, send that thing back! most companies have a return clause.

or if u have a grudge, i guess u can poast on ripoffreport, or better yet 4chan. rofl

@JPDamon First of all, pull your head out of your ass and learn how to write. You can't even use text shorthand correctly you stupid lump of crap. If you read my complaint, I did buy one of those chairs, and they are crap. They may look like the ones at Brookstone, but the massage mechanism is very rudimentary, and not durable.

The chair is very uncomfortable, and the massage sucks... that is until the chair stopped working... and Takemi would not pay for shipping to return the chair under warranty (shipping would have been $450).

That is all water under the bridge. Takemi Select received an "F" rating by the Better Business Bureau due to numerous unresolved complaints. The BBB website also states that the company appears to have gone out of business. Their website no longer exists, and their phones were disconnected. I'd say that proves my point.
post #57 of 62 Old 01-14-2012, 09:27 AM

Does anyone out there know of a tech to repair my 12 month old "care" massage chair. Knovelty from whom I bought it will not honor the warranty
post #58 of 62 Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 PM

As a chiropractor providing massages in longview wa I know my good quality massage chairs. And I would suggest using the chairs made by Human Touch. The really will make your theater room the best!
post #59 of 62 Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Wow, strange topic for an HT forum as I also would not want my massage chair in the media room.

After 6 months of painstaking research, I bought a half-price demo from Human Touch at the relax the back store.

Yes, if $8k is no option, get the Inada Dreamwave, truly epic. and like someone said, the 3 Japanese brands are better....but you have to shell out $5k.

So for me since I didn't know how much I'd use it, shelling out $1,800 for the best Chinese brand was OK. And a year and a half later, still loving it
post #60 of 62 Old 05-30-2012, 09:33 PM

Hello everyone, I'm Susan. I'm working in a corporate and was asked to look for some bargain on seated massage. Does anybody have an idea where I can find the best bargain for seated massage or buy a functional second hand one.
Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page