Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 238 Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I placed my order with ledlightingkit.com on March 24th

Got notice they were shipped on March 29th by USPS no tracking # was given

As of today still have not received them and they are now ignoring my emails for the past week - yet posting replies on their forum! So I've opened up a Paypal dispute with only a couple days left on the 45day limit they give, that was yesterday and they have not replied yet

A couple weeks back I emailed stating that I was still waiting for my package and asked for a tracking number as I never received one, they stated tracking wasn't used, when asked why this is the response I got:

"Tracking is not available with USPS unless it goes express which is about $100 USD for this type of shipment"

Which is a crock of sh$t.. I'm in Canada and have had many packages sent with USPS Priority (6-10 days) that included tracking, and paid at most $25 for packages that are likely bigger than what this one appears to be from the pictures above. Also quotes directly from USPS for an estimated package weight of 5lbs confirms this, even cheaper if UPS is used.

Why a company would not use tracking when shipping to a different country is beyond me, especially when they were already charging $20 (making a profit) for standard ground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 238 Old 05-25-2010, 08:27 AM

Hi all. I just got & installed my led strips from LED Lighting kit.com and very satisfied with them. Here are some pics after I set it up real quick...

Here's the remote it came with...
post #213 of 238 Old 05-28-2010, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Not exactly sure why you guys would want to introduce backlight color when viewing movies. The color will throw off your color perception of the material you are viewing.

If your walls are painted a neutral color, then 6500K white is the way to go, which will improve perceived black and contrast levels without degrading grayscale or color perception.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #214 of 238 Old 05-30-2010, 07:42 PM

Hey guys, so Ive seen the multi color LEDs (from the post above), and I have 2 questions....

1) Does that product produce 65k white light or is it blueish?

2) Which lights are recommended for just 65K viewing?

If anyone still has a set of the Cyrons from Costco that they would like to sell, or if they are still available and someone couldpick me up a set, PLEASE PM me. Thanks

Proud 6020FD owner.
post #215 of 238 Old 06-14-2010, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Took 1 week from order to receive in NS, Canada. Couldn't believe it. Ordered from monoprice same time and still waiting for that package.

Does anyone have install tips for a 47" flatscreen? Like, where to install the strips (close to center, near edge, etc? It's on a tilting/swiveling mount. Thanks.

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Music: Yamaha RX-V863 | 2 X Energy RC-70 | MA RXw12 Sub

Bathroom: 2 X Energy Take LCR

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #216 of 238 Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 AM

I placed an order with them yesterday. (4-3meter strip kits) I will let everyone know if I have any problems with the company.
post #217 of 238 Old 06-23-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post

Well I placed my order with ledlightingkit.com on March 24th

Got notice they were shipped on March 29th by USPS no tracking # was given

As of today still have not received them and they are now ignoring my emails for the past week - yet posting replies on their forum! So I've opened up a Paypal dispute with only a couple days left on the 45day limit they give, that was yesterday and they have not replied yet

A couple weeks back I emailed stating that I was still waiting for my package and asked for a tracking number as I never received one, they stated tracking wasn't used, when asked why this is the response I got:

"Tracking is not available with USPS unless it goes express which is about $100 USD for this type of shipment"

Which is a crock of sh$t.. I'm in Canada and have had many packages sent with USPS Priority (6-10 days) that included tracking, and paid at most $25 for packages that are likely bigger than what this one appears to be from the pictures above. Also quotes directly from USPS for an estimated package weight of 5lbs confirms this, even cheaper if UPS is used.

Why a company would not use tracking when shipping to a different country is beyond me, especially when they were already charging $20 (making a profit) for standard ground

I should update to say that I finally received my order, was just about to force a refund via paypal when they came..

Not their fault as the package was in fact mailed a couple days after I ordered, but took almost 2 months to get here

Now the thing that does bug me is the shipping cost, it's nice when USPS prints labels that have the shipping cost on it!

It cost them $9 via USPS ground to ship, yet I was charged $20.. gotta love being ripped off because we're in Canada! And yes I seriously hate it when places make an extra profit on shipping!

Now they just need to shape up and start including tracking on his shipments for peace of mind for both parties - aka USPS International Priority which would have cost almost exactly what he charged me
post #218 of 238 Old 06-23-2010, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I think I was charged 15 and it was 5.99 on the label, if I remember correctly...

Correction: I was charged 8.99 to ship to Canada.

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #219 of 238 Old 06-24-2010, 08:49 AM

Only took three days to get my order. They sent me a tracking number with the order. The light strips look great. I will post pics when I get them setup.
post #220 of 238 Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Put mine up last night. Pretty decent looking! Wife called me rediculous but still said it was cool! Not sure how I will take a picture with no light...oh yeah, I used hockey shin tape to put them up and test them out, so I could move them around. I think I will just add another piece and leave them like that instead of using the double sided stuff that it comes with.

post #221 of 238 Old 07-20-2010, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

It is a little brighter of course, than the picture shows.

post #222 of 238 Old 07-20-2010, 08:01 AM

any word on harmony remote functionality for cyron lights, without paying $150 for cyrons remote addon?
post #223 of 238 Old 07-24-2010, 06:03 PM

I used the led strips and wrapped them around the movie reels. I ran the wiring inside the columns. This was the only way I could do this without hanging all new drywall and running wires in the walls for sconces. The columns are no where done. Still have to trim and paint. They look GREAT!

post #224 of 238 Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

cool idea!

post #225 of 238 Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestmoonstudio View Post

I used the led strips and wrapped them around the movie reels. I ran the wiring inside the columns. This was the only way I could do this without hanging all new drywall and running wires in the walls for sconces. The columns are no where done. Still have to trim and paint. They look GREAT!

Very, very nice!! May I ask where you sourced the film reels from? I've been looking but so far haven't found an affordable outlet.
post #226 of 238 Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM

I got the reels from hollywoodmegastore.com I tried ebay but couldn't find the diameter or 4 identical ones that would work. So I had to go with new ones. I love the vintage looking ones but just couldn't find what I wanted.
post #227 of 238 Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestmoonstudio View Post

I got the reels from hollywoodmegastore.com I tried ebay but couldn't find the diameter or 4 identical ones that would work. So I had to go with new ones. I love the vintage looking ones but just couldn't find what I wanted.

Thanks!
post #228 of 238 Old 08-30-2010, 06:25 PM

Liked: 15
I just want the 4 led strip white or soft white light kit, and was wondering which light would be better if I was to only get one?

I just want these to put behind my 50" plasma, and didnt know which color would be best for general purpose movie and tv viewing.

and will 4 strips be enough for my 50"? I imagine two strips on the top, and one on each side.

Many Thanks
post #229 of 238 Old 08-30-2010, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

look at post 221. That is my 47" LCD. I have a strip on each edge. The one at the bottom isn't as noticeable because it is not attached to the TV like the others are....due to shape of back of TV. It is the cool white.

post #230 of 238 Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

look at post 221. That is my 47" LCD. I have a strip on each edge. The one at the bottom isn't as noticeable because it is not attached to the TV like the others are....due to shape of back of TV. It is the cool white.

is that this kit?
http://www.ledlightingkit.com/led4white.html

Also is it dimmable? I didnt see so in the description,

Thanks
post #231 of 238 Old 08-31-2010, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

the description is NOT accurate. The title says "...with remote" with is false. There is not remote, but for me that was ok since I PREFER a rocker on-off switch..the last thing I want is another remote laying around...I have one for my ceiling fan and don't like it...
But to answer your question, yes, that is the one I ordered in COOL WHITE, for $29.99....it is not dimmable nor is there a remote. Look at the videos that show you the direct comparison in color...I am glad I got the cool white, but it's all in what you like!! Good luck...it really looks awesome when it's installed...I used clear hockey shin tape to tape them to TV, worked awesome, and you can just re-use the tape or put new tape on if you have to move them around to find the right spot for them.

post #232 of 238 Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 AM

^thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't sure if they would be too bright, so I thought I may need the $59.99 kit so I could dim them down a bit, but I don't need all the extra colors, the cool white will work.

Many Thanks
post #233 of 238 Old 09-03-2010, 08:45 PM

For a quick project I found in the workshop 25 3mm yellow LEDs, some perfboard, and some 75 ohm resistors. I found that if I put 5 LEDs in series with 37.5 ohms (two 75's in parallel) then the LEDs would draw their 30ma maximum continuous current. Strung together sections of perfboard with the LEDs spaced every 1.5". Attached to back of 42" LCD TV:

Not as bright as I would like. Next time I place an order with Digi-Key I'll get some more LEDs:

post #234 of 238 Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 AM

OMG I <3 this!!!

Whats the website? and what exactly do I need? (60' tv) Does that mean anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

It is a little brighter of course, than the picture shows.

xblgt: soberparty
post #235 of 238 Old 01-20-2011, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

to be honest, if you like those pictures, you will LOVE what it ACTUALLY looks like...those pics are crap when I compare them to the real thing. Here's the link: Multi Color LED Strip Kit with Remote!
***PLEASE NOTE: The product TITLE is MISLEADING. It is NOT multi-color, and there is NO remote for the $29.99 white kits. This is the one I bought, and by reading everything, I knew what I was buying from the product description and NOT the title. I ordered "COOL WHITE". I have a "chisled-grey" wall behind the TV and it looks amazing when lit up...One last thing, the pic doesn't show the bottom part being lit up. It actually is, just not quite as bright as the rest. The reason for this is that the bottom of the TV in the back is convex, and made mounting the strip there almost impossible. The strip is actually on the bottom of the wall mount. Also, I only one plug behing the TV and used a "Y-power cable" to give me another outlet. I suppose a decent extension cord or power bar could work...
There are several ways of connecting the light strips. You can daisy-chain them, or connect each one individually to the "source" which is the power distributor. You can see some of the parts on page 7 of this thread, post #185 (minus the remote and remote receiver, etc). All I did was plug each strip into the power box individually, then tape them to the back of the TV, then cleaned up the wires. I used clear hockey tape...nice and sticky. I did this to get the right placement before using the "self adhesive" on the strips, but decided to just leave the tape since it worked great. That's all. You may have to adjust where you place the strips based on distance from wall to back of TV, and the shape of the back of TV, to get the "look" you like best. Have fun. This is a very cheap way to improve the look of your room. Out of my Energy 7.1 setup with 2 leather reclining love-seats and wall mounted everything...the first compliment I get is these lights... LOL

post #236 of 238 Old 02-02-2011, 12:14 PM

I bought from the same place, which is now barlighting.com I orderd the 4 LED strip kit with an extra strip and I also purchased the 4 disk LED kit for my tv cabinet.

LOVE, love love it! I previously had an ebay kit that was only 7 colors.
post #237 of 238 Old 05-10-2011, 06:54 PM

Is it possible to control the "Multi Color LED Strip Kit with Remote" (the $29.99 version without a remote included) with a harmony remote or do I need the $59.99 multi-colored version that has a remote included? I don't really need the extra colors but would like to have the lights powered on and off with the TV
post #238 of 238 Old 05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

No. It is a manual switch. No idea if the other one will work with a harmony either.

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page