AVS Forum banner

2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals

404K views 5K replies 701 participants last post by  lsorensen 
#1 ·
It looks like Cleveland Plasma is now selling the 55C6P for $3250 on Amazon with 1 in stock. Their website also shows new prices for some of the models.

OLED65G6P / $6750

OLED55E6P / OLED65E6P $4250 / $5750

OLED55C6P / OLED65C6P $3250 / $4750

OLED55B6P / OLED65B6P $3250 / $4750

#2 ·
Wow. Just coming out of the block, this is a very good sign.

#4 · (Edited)
Are the Cleveland Plasma prices listed on the website and in this thread really the lowest they would go? I could not get a sense by calling them. I would expect them to go below website printed prices.

Edit: Found out that OLED55E6P price has reduced from $4250 to $4000.

But I am more interested in the 65" B6.

#6 ·
So the 65C6P for $3750? I got the ef9500 for $3750, is it worth buying the c6 for the same price?

#15 ·
I think ABT is the only store listing the $1,000 off as a "rebate", in any case. They're just using the term "instant rebate" for what all the other stores (VE, B&H, etc...) are listing as a "sale" or "savings". There's no way that "rebate" will apply to any other stores already offering the sets at discounted prices.

#17 ·
LG has changed the MSRP on the 65E6P to $5,999. Street prices should be lower starting today, and some owners have already received substantial refunds from Best Buy and Crutchfield.

#18 ·
The MSRP on the LG site is after the rebate and should go up by thousand dollars on May 1. I believe that Cleveland plasmas pricing will not be impacted by the rebate as Chris has a price that is about $500 less than Value Electronics even after the rebate (although it's only $150 if you count the VE store credit). Let me know if anyone finds the 65 E6 for less than $5500.

#22 ·
Don't be stupid and overpay! You will kick yourself later.

When the 9500 1st came out it retailed at $7,000. Prices quickly dropped to $5,000 upon release and most were having no problem getting them for $4,250 from multiple vendors with some searching.

The rebate would have just started today being $1,000 off so not all the sites will have updated their prices just yet. It is Sunday! CP listed those prices before any rebates took place. The older preorder price for a 65 B or C series was $5,250 and Chris stated they would go lower when released. Then they went to $4,750. The 65C6P is still not out yet, but I would think any day know.

My 1st HDTV retailed for $3,600 and I picked it up for $2,800 a Pioneer Elite 58in. rear projection unit. My 2nd the Panasonic 65VT-60 retailed for the same and I haggled Magnolia till I got it for $2,700 2 months after release. Panasonic never had any rebates. Do yourself a favor and get a good deal. Prices are going nowhere but down!

#21 ·
Yeah I am kind of thinking this is going to be the MAP price for now and not just a sale. It will be hard to raise the price nearing summer when sales are traditionally at their lowest.

I do think Chris will go a little lower on his price. He is usually at least $500 - $750 below the MAP price. You might have to ask him for that price.

#25 ·
I agree buying from an authorized retailer. The Magnolia store I got the 65VT60 from price matched Walt's which is not an authorized retailer for Panasonic. The lower price gives the consumer the bargaining advantage they need for a better price. I had to talk to 4 BB managers before I got the price I wanted. By the late fall Magnolia was selling the 65VT60's for $2,200.

Again these prices are going nowhere but down, you can't mass market a product with a $6,000 MSRP on a 65in. television! No way, no how! LG is very much going to mass market OLED, they have bet the farm on it.

#26 ·
Don't call me stupid, Sally, just impatient. ;) Getting the EF9500 for around $4900 with a free 49" TV and mount was my breaking point last year. It's flawed, so I'm not really anxious in waiting for the E6 to drop at some distant point in the future. Just being able to buy (actually exchange) it from my chosen retailer would be a good start.

#29 ·
Would it be a straight across exchange? Or do you need to put money with it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.