2017 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 159Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #601 of 784 Old 09-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
kyle454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NOR CAL
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FYI ebay seller now says
The seller's store is closed for vacation. Check back later.
kyle454 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 784 Old 09-10-2017, 06:30 AM
Newbie
 
Toasterthief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any reason people are using Citi price projection as opposed to other price protection programs? I have a Chase and Amex.

I'm slowly on the hunt and not in a rush for a 65" set. Sounds like prices may creep down around black friday, and that I should be look for a C7 or E7?
Toasterthief is offline  
post #603 of 784 Old 09-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
So feedback left from three buyers on the OLED65E7P ebay deal and all look good (with another complaining about a delivery date of 18th Sept and not receiving yet...errr, ok?!?)

I think my decision has been made!

Last edited by LenH; 09-10-2017 at 11:49 AM.
LenH is offline  
 
post #604 of 784 Old 09-10-2017, 12:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle454 View Post
On ebay now says
The seller's store is closed for vacation. Check back later.
I assume as in FL (sure i read that earlier) and they have the mother of all storms barreling down on them so shut up shop, very sensibly, and legged it for now.
LenH is offline  
post #605 of 784 Old 09-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
qwknuf6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
So feedback left from three buyers on the OLED65E7P ebay deal and all look good (with another complaining about a delivery date of 18th Sept and not receiving yet...errr, ok?!?)

I think my decision has been made!
6 Buyer feedbacks(E7 65”) now , all good but the odd one about a delivery date of Sept 18th ????? hope mine shows this week ,
qwknuf6 is offline  
post #606 of 784 Old 09-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Yeh, it's looking good. What delivery date do you have qwknuf6?

I'll order as soon as they get back online which may be a while by the look of it.
LenH is offline  
post #607 of 784 Old 09-11-2017, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
qwknuf6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
Yeh, it's looking good. What delivery date do you have qwknuf6?

I'll order as soon as they get back online which may be a while by the look of it.
Sept 20th , I called delivery company today to confirm they have my information correct and they did , i expect it this week but just a hunch
LenH likes this.
qwknuf6 is offline  
post #608 of 784 Old 09-12-2017, 05:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasterthief View Post
Is there any reason people are using Citi price projection as opposed to other price protection programs? I have a Chase and Amex.

I'm slowly on the hunt and not in a rush for a 65" set. Sounds like prices may creep down around black friday, and that I should be look for a C7 or E7?
I don't have a CITI card but from what I've read here they may be a bit less picky about who you price match with. There were reports that Chase would not price match with TV Superstores. That said, I did the PP with my Chase Freedom card and used EbuyUSA as my source. It was successful but they really dragged their feet and I had to make quite a few phone calls to light a fire under them.

Another consideration might be that I believe CITI offers a two (2) year extended manufacturer warranty as opposed to the Chase one (1) year.
Oledboi is offline  
post #609 of 784 Old 09-13-2017, 08:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
I assume as in FL (sure i read that earlier) and they have the mother of all storms barreling down on them so shut up shop, very sensibly, and legged it for now.
Just to confirm this, from their ebay sellers page:

http://stores.ebay.com/firstclasstvs/

"Due to hurricane Irma, we needed to evacuate Florida. We are currently working remotely and will be out of the office until it passes. Please be patient and we will reply back to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your business and Understandings."
LenH is offline  
post #610 of 784 Old 09-13-2017, 08:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Out of interest, those who have ordered any new tele I suppose, what, if any, warranty plans have you gone with? I see a lot about Costco square trade ones but obviously have to be a member (not an issue if needs be) but also do you have to have bought the tele from there to get it?
LenH is offline  
post #611 of 784 Old 09-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
 
colonel7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
Out of interest, those who have ordered any new tele I suppose, what, if any, warranty plans have you gone with? I see a lot about Costco square trade ones but obviously have to be a member (not an issue if needs be) but also do you have to have bought the tele from there to get it?
You don't have to be a member of Costco. You will just pay $5 more for the warranty. You also don't need to buy the tv from Costco.
LenH and Oledboi like this.
colonel7 is offline  
post #612 of 784 Old 09-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Great, thanks for the info colonel7. Are these the 'best' to go for do you think? I see it says needs to have been bought from an authorised US retailer, would this cover ebay deals do you think?
LenH is offline  
post #613 of 784 Old 09-14-2017, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
colonel7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
Great, thanks for the info colonel7. Are these the 'best' to go for do you think? I see it says needs to have been bought from an authorised US retailer, would this cover ebay deals do you think?
As long as you have a valid receipt you will be covered.
LenH and Oledboi like this.
colonel7 is offline  
post #614 of 784 Old 09-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
qwknuf6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Just talked to the shipping company , eta Monday 9-18-2017 between 11am and 3 pm . E7 65” from first-class TV 2599.00 , lets hope for the best
Cooters likes this.
qwknuf6 is offline  
post #615 of 784 Old 09-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Exciting times!

Listing still not back up and ended now but hopefully will be back soon. I dropped ielectra an email but no response as yet.

Last edited by LenH; 09-15-2017 at 05:54 PM.
LenH is offline  
post #616 of 784 Old 09-15-2017, 08:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
Just talked to the shipping company , eta Monday 9-18-2017 between 11am and 3 pm . E7 65” from first-class TV 2599.00 , lets hope for the best
Not sure where you live by I just received mine yesterday. I was less than impressed with the delivery, the guys came 1.5 hours AFTER their 4 hour window... Also instead of both guys bringing the TV into my house one guy decided to move it by himself carrying it over his head... I almost had a heart attack when I saw him, luckily no damage to the TV.

Some quick observations that are making me think about doing a return... This TV is much more reflective than my previous TV, it has a glossy screen and a much larger surface area for reflections (replacing a 47" LCD). I recently moved into a new house and our kitchen is behind the living area, I didn't realize how bad the reflections would be off of all the stainless steel appliances, holy cow. Now I'm not sure if I could consider a Sony LCD or just crank the OLED light up on the TV and try to ignore the reflections.
Justin Weyenberg is offline  
post #617 of 784 Old 09-15-2017, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dougri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Weyenberg View Post
Not sure where you live by I just received mine yesterday. I was less than impressed with the delivery, the guys came 1.5 hours AFTER their 4 hour window... Also instead of both guys bringing the TV into my house one guy decided to move it by himself carrying it over his head... I almost had a heart attack when I saw him, luckily no damage to the TV.

Some quick observations that are making me think about doing a return... This TV is much more reflective than my previous TV, it has a glossy screen and a much larger surface area for reflections (replacing a 47" LCD). I recently moved into a new house and our kitchen is behind the living area, I didn't realize how bad the reflections would be off of all the stainless steel appliances, holy cow. Now I'm not sure if I could consider a Sony LCD or just crank the OLED light up on the TV and try to ignore the reflections.
Sounds like I have a similar setup to you... but have a matte screen on my (soon to be replaced) LH 55LHX. I'm generally seated about half-way between the TV and the pendant lights in the kitchen, with white cabinetry and stainless range hood directly behind that. Reflections are certainly an issue if the pendant lights are on, if the downlighting on the cabinets are full-on and if the under cabinet lighting is on. If all are off, no problem (of course, that stainless range hood is almost 35ft away from the screen, so not much TV light getting bounced back). Do you have any flexibility in angling the TV very slightly? For me, this also helped tremendously with the pendant light reflections... might be worth a try, as it should be even more effective with a glossy screen.
dougri is offline  
post #618 of 784 Old 09-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
qwknuf6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 186
well lucky for me I am in a light controlled room with no reflections.
qwknuf6 is offline  
post #619 of 784 Old 09-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri View Post
Sounds like I have a similar setup to you... but have a matte screen on my (soon to be replaced) LH 55LHX. I'm generally seated about half-way between the TV and the pendant lights in the kitchen, with white cabinetry and stainless range hood directly behind that. Reflections are certainly an issue if the pendant lights are on, if the downlighting on the cabinets are full-on and if the under cabinet lighting is on. If all are off, no problem (of course, that stainless range hood is almost 35ft away from the screen, so not much TV light getting bounced back). Do you have any flexibility in angling the TV very slightly? For me, this also helped tremendously with the pendant light reflections... might be worth a try, as it should be even more effective with a glossy screen.
I'll give it a shot but I doubt we'll want to have it off center by too much. There is quite a range but we have so many windows and in the evening I usually keep at least one set of lights on so it is just crazy reflections everywhere. It seems fine while gaming but while watching any dark content the nice dark blacks are ruined by the reflections. I'm thinking I'll see what I can do with the space or learn to live with it (I did on my previous plasma, now in the basement). Our last TV was matte but now the best you get is semi-matte and even then I usually notice reflections.
Justin Weyenberg is offline  
post #620 of 784 Old 09-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Member
 
Jehan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehan View Post
I ordered a OLED55E7P from firstclasstvs via eBay as well (much like Cooters). The HDMI cable shipped promptly and I am waiting on a call from the shipper for delivery. Will certainly update here with my experience. The price was too good to pass up so I made the move, I'm usually not one who has purchased TVs from eBay (always an authorized dealer) so we'll see how this pans out. With eBay + PP/CC protection I am not too worried plus many have successfully ordered from them before.
Got mine today. White Glove delivery, they came in turned it on and made sure I was satisfied before leaving. Everything went smoothly and I'm very happy with the panel and the transaction.
Jehan is offline  
post #621 of 784 Old 09-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
qwknuf6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 186
My E7 65” showed today , delivery guys called to let me know they were on the way , No damage , 100% white screen looks very uniform , 5% is a mess but I expect that to improve ,right now I have zero hours ,overall a Great deal !
LenH likes this.
qwknuf6 is offline  
post #622 of 784 Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 AM
ewh
Member
 
ewh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasterthief View Post
Is there any reason people are using Citi price projection as opposed to other price protection programs? I have a Chase and Amex.

I'm slowly on the hunt and not in a rush for a 65" set. Sounds like prices may creep down around black friday, and that I should be look for a C7 or E7?
I'm in the same boat and use Chase Sapphire. My strategy is to buy a 65B7P from Costco between 15Oct-1Nov, which will create a 90day window through CES2018 and any price drops. That way I can "return"/leverage Costco for any large Black Friday, Boxing or CES-related price drops and have the Chase purchase protection as well. I'm hoping the Sapphire card benefits are not as difficult to utilize as some of the Freedom card comments indicate.
ewh is offline  
post #623 of 784 Old 09-19-2017, 08:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewh View Post
I'm in the same boat and use Chase Sapphire. My strategy is to buy a 65B7P from Costco between 15Oct-1Nov, which will create a 90day window through CES2018 and any price drops. That way I can "return"/leverage Costco for any large Black Friday, Boxing or CES-related price drops and have the Chase purchase protection as well. I'm hoping the Sapphire card benefits are not as difficult to utilize as some of the Freedom card comments indicate.
I purchased with Chase Freedom and used EbuyUSA as my PP. I had success but somewhere along the way someone at Chase dropped the ball when it came to my claim. It appears they were always going to approve it but I had to make a few calls to light a fire under them. Others on these forums have used Chase with no problems, although it appears TV Superstores does not qualify with Chase for PP for some reason.

That said, it also appears that CITI card users seem to have an easier time with PP and the extended warranty is 2 years vs 1 for Chase. I do not have a CITI card otherwise I probably would have gone that route.
ewh likes this.
Oledboi is offline  
post #624 of 784 Old 09-19-2017, 08:39 AM
ewh
Member
 
ewh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oledboi View Post
I purchased with Chase Freedom and used EbuyUSA as my PP. I had success but somewhere along the way someone at Chase dropped the ball when it came to my claim. It appears they were always going to approve it but I had to make a few calls to light a fire under them. Others on these forums have used Chase with no problems, although it appears TV Superstores does not qualify with Chase for PP for some reason.

That said, it also appears that CITI card users seem to have an easier time with PP and the extended warranty is 2 years vs 1 for Chase. I do not have a CITI card otherwise I probably would have gone that route.
For warranty, I'll probably just do the Square Deal and be done with it. I get a couple of years in the end, so I'm going to move with the assumption that stuff blows up earlier rather than later.
Oledboi likes this.
ewh is offline  
post #625 of 784 Old 09-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
colonel7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
colonel7 is offline  
post #626 of 784 Old 09-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Member
 
ntstambo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 11
ntstambo2 is offline  
post #627 of 784 Old 09-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Member
 
Schubeedoobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Oh bullshyte!

Astell & Kern AK120ii-Klipsch x11i-Klipsch x20i-Sony MDF-Z7
Pioneer SC85-NBS Preamp-Bel Canto REF500M-Dennis Had Inspire Hotrod
Klipsch La Scala II-Cornwall-Heresy II Signature-SW115
Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse-OPPO UHP203
Samsung PN64D8000
Schubeedoobee is offline  
post #628 of 784 Old 09-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
My E7 65” showed today , delivery guys called to let me know they were on the way , No damage , 100% white screen looks very uniform , 5% is a mess but I expect that to improve ,right now I have zero hours ,overall a Great deal !
Nice one, sounds great.

Sadly they put them back up but at $3099 currently so I won't be going for that. I did speak to them though and they said the reason they were going for $2699 was ebay was covering some of the cost and they would try to get that deal back up. So I'll sit and wait for that or till black Friday/end of the year.
LenH is offline  
post #629 of 784 Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Member
 
talguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Burbs of Philly
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm looking to get a new TV very soon and keep going back and forth about buying a Sony XBR55x930E and an LG OLED TV. I would definitely like OLED due to the more superior picture. Can someone walk me through on how you get an LG OLED so cheap compared to what BestBuy has listed by doing the Price protection or ordering from an eBay store? Are the majority of eBay stores legit? I have a Chase Freedom how does the Price Protection work?
talguy is offline  
post #630 of 784 Old 09-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
Nice one, sounds great.

Sadly they put them back up but at $3099 currently so I won't be going for that. I did speak to them though and they said the reason they were going for $2699 was ebay was covering some of the cost and they would try to get that deal back up. So I'll sit and wait for that or till black Friday/end of the year.
Mine is scheduled for delivery Monday, that would be a total of 14 business days from pickup by the shipper. New Jersey to St. Louis. A little long but not an issue for me for the $2599 deal.
LenH likes this.
Cooters is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off