2017 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 170Likes

post #631 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntstambo2 View Post
LG OLED65C7P $1449
This is not real right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 04:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Are they credible?
post #633 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've never ordered from them personally but have seen that site referenced on this forum by many, including for the purpose of price protection claims. I don't think you're going to see manufacturer warranty coverage since it's below their suggested pricing, but you really don't have any thing else to lose. Buy with a credit a card and dispute the charge if it doesn't show up.

post #634 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by talguy View Post
I'm looking to get a new TV very soon and keep going back and forth about buying a Sony XBR55x930E and an LG OLED TV. I would definitely like OLED due to the more superior picture. Can someone walk me through on how you get an LG OLED so cheap compared to what BestBuy has listed by doing the Price protection or ordering from an eBay store? Are the majority of eBay stores legit? I have a Chase Freedom how does the Price Protection work?
1) Buy from a vendor that is recommended on this forum. Many have used Cleveland Plasma or EBay vendors like Ielectrica (now known as FirstClassTvs, I believe). You will likely be able to save on state sales tax if the vendor you choose doesn't have a location in your state (PA?)

2) Pay using your Chase Freedom card

3) File a claim with Chase for price protection to show a lower advertised price elsewhere. Many have used TV superstores for this purpose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chase price protection screen shot.jpg (164.1 KB, 129 views)
LenH likes this.

LG OLED 65C7P
Pioneer Kuro Plasma PRO-151FD 60"
Yamaha TSR-7810 7.2 AVR
Paradigm Monitor 11 v3 (front), CC-370 v3, AMS 250, 150-R30 (ceiling) - 5.2.2 config
SVS SB-13 Ultra, SVS SB-12NSD subwoofers
Xbox One S, PS 3, Apple TV 4, Nvidia Shield Pro
post #635 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewh View Post
For warranty, I'll probably just do the Square Deal and be done with it. I get a couple of years in the end, so I'm going to move with the assumption that stuff blows up earlier rather than later.
I did the Costco Squaretrade as well. Not a member but it was only $5 extra...
post #636 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
1) Buy from a vendor that is recommended on this forum. Many have used Cleveland Plasma or EBay vendors like Ielectrica (now known as FirstClassTvs, I believe). You will likely be able to save on state sales tax if the vendor you choose doesn't have a location in your state (PA?)

2) Pay using your Chase Freedom card

3) File a claim with Chase for price protection to show a lower advertised price elsewhere. Many have used TV superstores for this purpose.
Someone here reported that TV Superstores was no longer recognized by Chase for PP. I bought through Cleveland Plasma and used EbuyUSA with my Chase Freedom card.
post #637 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post
I bit! Will post when it arrives.
post #638 of 811 Old 09-21-2017, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I bit! Will post when it arrives.
Me too! Was eyeballing the Costco unit tonight after humming and hawing for a few days. Came home thinking I might pick it up tomorrow (after measuring my car) and saw this deal for $600 cheaper and no taxes (another $300 savings). Hopefully I can use purchase protection to get that dropped a little more.
post #639 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAura View Post
Me too! Was eyeballing the Costco unit tonight after humming and hawing for a few days. Came home thinking I might pick it up tomorrow (after measuring my car) and saw this deal for $600 cheaper and no taxes (another $300 savings). Hopefully I can use purchase protection to get that dropped a little more.
I too have ogled the B7P at Costco on every trip since it first arrived in stock earlier this spring. For months I have been waiting patiently for Black Friday to arrive. I told myself I would pounce on either the B7P or C7P if black Friday prices feel bellow $2500 at reputable resellers (which I assume they would do since I believe last year's B6P could be had even below that by Black Friday).

Then, a few months ago, to the surprise of the community, the B7A appeared. I've done my homework, so I know about the lack of support for Dolby Atmos by the internal audio hardware of this model. That's not an issue for me. So I've watched prices from reputable sellers for a couple months, and decided that if I cold get it before Black Friday at my requisite buy price, I'd do it. And that brings us to today.

I picked up the OTW420B to mount it, too. There was conflicting information about whether this mount would truly work for 2017 models, but it seems to lean toward a "yes". I'll know soon.
post #640 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SquareTrade or Assurant Ext Warranty

Hi,
First, I bought the E7 through Firstclass TVs and everything worked out well. It was delivered by AM Home Delivery in a little over one week to NJ. It was a little worrying when I saw the delivery guy walking up to my front door with the TV on his shoulder, but upon unpacking, the TV was in perfect shape.

Beyond LG's and Citi's warranties, I'm considering a three-year extended warranty plan. I'm trying to decide between the Assurant plan purchased through eBay and the SquareTrade plan purchased through Costco. Under normal circumstances, I would pick the Costco plan and be done with it, but I'm concerned that Costco's ad repeated indicates that the TV has to be bought through an "authorized" reseller. Now I know that LG doesn't care as it relates to their warranty, but I could see SquareTrade down the load looking for anyway to avoid paying a claim. Looking at SquareTrade's actual plan terms PDF, I don't see the limitation that it must be bought by an authorized reseller, but I still envision a fight over it.

With the Assurant warranty through eBay, I don't see any such limitation. Looking at the ads and the contract terms, I'm leaning towards the Assurant warranty. Although it isn't a deciding factor, the Assurant warranty is also a bit cheaper at $72 for three additional years.

eBay/Assurant -
ebay.com/svc/item-services?itemIds=253097338449

Costco/SquareTrade -
costco.com/.product.575686.html

Which would you go with?

Thanks.
post #641 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is Citi Price Rewind on my 2% cash back card different than Price Protection? Has anyone tried this with Price Rewind?
post #642 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3036 Post(s)
Liked: 3225
Quote:
LG OLED65B7A $2369
That's not actually a hot deal, that's a tad high, lower every day at some places...

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 09-22-2017 at 09:16 AM.
post #643 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
That's not actually a hot deal, that's a tad high, lower every day at some places...
Well by gosh, then those places need to advertise better or at least have better SEO. I do peruse other retailers too, such as Cleveland AV for example, but the B7A isn't even listed among the available models there... (though I did read earlier today in another thread that it is available there for an undisclosed price). For me 20% below major retailer prices was a good deal. It was the cheapest I'd seen.

And it's all relative. Probably this display, and perhaps even the B7 or C7, will hit prices starting with a "1" in the next three months too. Hopefully the retailers which have them at such a price will be easily discoverable to others coming to this forum.
post #644 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3036 Post(s)
Liked: 3225
^^^ Opps, that has been fixed Extremely good prices are not always good, these fall to low then all we will have to buy is LG OLED, competition is good. We only have 3 high end TV manufacturer's left and have lost 7 in the last 10 years
llang269 likes this.
post #645 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 98
So right now I’m looking at the LG OLED65C7P on Amazon for $3196, brand new. But I also happened to notice that there is a Home AV Source selling the TV new bundled with a cable, surge protector, and cleaning cloth for $450 cheaper! I feel like there’s a catch. What do y’all think?

Bundle Link: 2017 Model OLED65C7P Series C7 Class 65" 4K TV Bundle, 4K HDMI 2.0 Cable, Surge Protector, Cleaning cloth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07588295B..._PtwXzbFNZEHWG
post #646 of 811 Old 09-22-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Well by gosh, then those places need to advertise better or at least have better SEO. I do peruse other retailers too, such as Cleveland AV for example, but the B7A isn't even listed among the available models there... (though I did read earlier today in another thread that it is available there for an undisclosed price). For me 20% below major retailer prices was a good deal. It was the cheapest I'd seen.

And it's all relative. Probably this display, and perhaps even the B7 or C7, will hit prices starting with a "1" in the next three months too. Hopefully the retailers which have them at such a price will be easily discoverable to others coming to this forum.
You need to call and talk to Chris for the best deal at Cleveland Plasma. He knows who's selling for what out there and you'll get a fair price from a reliable seller...
post #647 of 811 Old 09-23-2017, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
So considering the prices we've been seeing for the B7A and C7P, the Costco 65" for $3k is pretty much a terrible deal at this point right?

Hopefully they'll cut the price once the current ad expires tomorrow. I'm willing to pay a bit more for Costco customer service (and B&M return if it was bad unit), but not that much. Wonder if I head to the store today if they'd be willing to share what the price will be on 9/25.
post #648 of 811 Old 09-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 189
2599.00 for the LG E7 65” from Firstclass TVs is back up on EBay
post #649 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Am I right in assuming the only difference between the c7 and e7 is the sound system? They are both "on glass"?

Astell & Kern AK120ii-Klipsch x11i-Klipsch x20i-Sony MDF-Z7
Pioneer SC85-NBS Preamp-Bel Canto REF500M-Dennis Had Inspire Hotrod
Klipsch La Scala II-Cornwall-Heresy II Signature-SW115
Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse-OPPO UHP203
Samsung PN64D8000
post #650 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schubeedoobee View Post
Am I right in assuming the only difference between the c7 and e7 is the sound system?
Pretty much.

Quote:
They are both "on glass"?
Not quite. The E7 has this design. But I've got to be honest, when comparing them side-by-side at Best Buy, I like the C7 styling better by a mile. It's far cleaner. The "on-glass" design of the E7 looks more like "on plastic" to me, and the sound bar looks ugly as well. I don't quite understand the appeal.

The C7, by contrast, is a minimalist design that I think will age better. The E7 looks tacky out of the box.
fafrd and Schubeedoobee like this.

Calibration Equipment:
Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro
Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL
post #651 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
post #652 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schubeedoobee View Post
Am I right in assuming the only difference between the c7 and e7 is the sound system? They are both "on glass"?
No, the E7 is "on glass", and the C7 has a flush silver trim. The B7 has a flush black trim. There are reports that the E7 has the curved stand (cannot verify this) vs the wedge on the B7 that I have seen. Not sure what the E7 has but maybe it is a wedge hidden by the built-in sound bar.
post #653 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
2599.00 for the LG E7 65” from Firstclass TVs is back up on EBay
TV Superstores has them for $1899. Their prices so far seem to be the best, especially with the C7P for $1449. Has anyone here bought anything from them or know anything about their warranties? I'm really thinking about taking a chance on them.
post #654 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
TV Superstores has them for $1899. Their prices so far seem to be the best, especially with the C7P for $1449. Has anyone here bought anything from them or know anything about their warranties? I'm really thinking about taking a chance on them.
The chances you can get a tv (at least said tv for quoted price)from them is slim I bet , but if anyone has real feedback I would like see it

BBB gave them a very bad rating
BBB Reason for Ratings

BBB rating is based on 13 factors: Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for TVsuperstores.com include:
  • 23 complaint(s) filed against business
  • Failure to respond to 23 complaint(s) filed against business
  • Advertising issues found by BBB
  • Failure to be transparent about ownership, location, or products/services offered
LenH likes this.

Last edited by qwknuf6; 09-25-2017 at 06:29 AM.
post #655 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
The chances you can get a tv (at least said tv for quoted price)from them is slim I bet , but if anyone has real feedback I would like see it
If you buy with a credit card and don't receive what you paid for, you can always dispute the charge if it comes down to it. So I'm not really worried about that. What I am afraid of is that this place could possibly be buying and then reselling pallets of TV's that have had their boxes damaged during shipping. A few years back when I was shopping for my Sharp Elite, I remember hearing from credible sources that a lot of retailers do this - even those that many here consider "reputable". If this continues to be one of those unspoken practices that goes on, it would significantly raise the importance of their warranty for many people. I'm curious about the entire customer service experience, but this is my primary concern.
post #656 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
If you buy with a credit card and don't receive what you paid for, you can always dispute the charge if it comes down to it. So I'm not really worried about that. What I am afraid of is that this place could possibly be buying and then reselling pallets of TV's that have had their boxes damaged during shipping. A few years back when I was shopping for my Sharp Elite, I remember hearing from credible sources that a lot of retailers do this - even those that many here consider "reputable". If this continues to be one of those unspoken practices that goes on, it would significantly raise the importance of their warranty for many people. I'm curious about the entire customer service experience, but this is my primary concern.
I don't think a single person has paid under $2000 for one of these TVs and actually received it.

You can try if you want but you're only wasting your own time.
post #657 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj325is View Post
I don't think a single person has paid under $2000 for one of these TVs and actually received it.

You can try if you want but you're only wasting your own time.
I've seen their name throughout this thread so I assumed they were credible - until I looked them up. I can't find a single positive customer experience. The are some older posts on the forum pointing to bait and switch and shipping insurance scams so I did quick BBB search....I would avoid them. Looks like the same tactics happening based on reports from August 2017.

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bu...and-complaints
post #658 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 08:37 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Yep, I've gone for it this time as they said were putting the offer back up on Sunday. Cant bloody wait', I am v excited!
post #659 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
@qwknuf6 or others who ordered from ielectra/first class tv. Did the shipping company call you to let you know when it would be delivered? I see mine has been picked up today but am wondering how they arrange for you to be in for delivery?

Also, how did everyone go about checking theirs? Ask delivery guys to wait while unpacking and switching on or chuck them $20 to wait? And I know this is probably a very stupid qu but what did you/am I looking for on a very quick once over while they wait? Just screen uniformity and no obvious marks/blemishes pixel problems etc?
post #660 of 811 Old 09-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenH View Post
@qwknuf6 or others who ordered from ielectra/first class tv. Did the shipping company call you to let you know when it would be delivered? I see mine has been picked up today but am wondering how they arrange for you to be in for delivery?

Also, how did everyone go about checking theirs? Ask delivery guys to wait while unpacking and switching on or chuck them $20 to wait? And I know this is probably a very stupid qu but what did you/am I looking for on a very quick once over while they wait? Just screen uniformity and no obvious marks/blemishes pixel problems etc?
The shipping company called me 2 days in advance with a delivery window between 11 and 3 , truck driver called 30 minuets ahead to let me know they were on the way , showed up @ 11 am , I checked the box over good and saw no damage so I did not open the box , no damage to the TV at all ,I did not make them wait around .
LenH likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page