2017 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 74Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 485 Old 06-05-2017, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 215
2017 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series

2017 LG's are starting to roll in and early deals may now be found. May be useful to bring discussion of these sets out of the existing thread for the 2016 models.

Several users have purchased the 65B7P from eBuyUSA for $2690 delivered, which is $1260 less than Costco. I called and spoke with Al and he confirmed that have a source for a few dozen units/month and are able to offer aggressive pricing by phone only. GameLiquidations has the 65E7P for $3499 through eBay, which is the best price I've seen to date from a company that'll actually deliver.
ScottFern and Justin Fletcher like this.
urgru is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 485 Old 06-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just responded to your pm. Perfectly happy with my 2690 purchase from ebuy and will have it for 2190 after price matching TV superstores 1999 they had posted.
430 hp 70 is offline  
post #3 of 485 Old 06-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chicago, Il
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 hp 70 View Post
I just responded to your pm. Perfectly happy with my 2690 purchase from ebuy and will have it for 2190 after price matching TV superstores 1999 they had posted.
Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to ask, have you found ebuy and gameliquidations to both be reliable sellers of LG oled products? I'm on the hunt for my first big tv and am trying to avoid scams. Thank you.
rywe665 is offline  
 
post #4 of 485 Old 06-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Newbie
 
kiddrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rywe665 View Post
Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to ask, have you found ebuy and gameliquidations to both be reliable sellers of LG oled products? I'm on the hunt for my first big tv and am trying to avoid scams. Thank you.
call beachcamera they are authorized and will match any price
kiddrule is offline  
post #5 of 485 Old 06-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rywe665 View Post
Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to ask, have you found ebuy and gameliquidations to both be reliable sellers of LG oled products? I'm on the hunt for my first big tv and am trying to avoid scams. Thank you.
The only real scam is if you try buying through their site at their online posted price. They will call you and give some bs line about it being an inferior product. If you call al and ask for the 2690 price there will be no bs.

I doubt beach camera will touch the price, but they have come down a little more in the last month. Hopefully they can. I'm not worried about buying a lg product from an unauthorized retailer, but at the same price it would be a no brainer.
430 hp 70 is offline  
post #6 of 485 Old 06-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
astateofmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 45
The only problem i can see with "authorized retailer" is if you want to buy the costco square trade warranty.

btw, how can i get sure that the ST warranty is actually activated?
astateofmind is offline  
post #7 of 485 Old 06-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Member
 
MJRatliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmind View Post
The only problem i can see with "authorized retailer" is if you want to buy the costco square trade warranty.

btw, how can i get sure that the ST warranty is actually activated?

I am curious about how to tell if the ST warranty is activated as well. Anyone know?
MJRatliff is offline  
post #8 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmind View Post
The only problem i can see with "authorized retailer" is if you want to buy the costco square trade warranty.

btw, how can i get sure that the ST warranty is actually activated?
It's been stated before that nothing states that it must be an authorized seller. Even the fine print doesn't state it.

I bought the ST warranty and have no idea how to tell if its been activated. As far as I'm concerned I'm covered for 5 of the 6 years even if ST denies me. Years 1-3 with lg and citi and 5 and 6 with citi when i provide them with a copy of my ST warranty. Year 4 could be an issue.
430 hp 70 is offline  
post #9 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Senior Member
 
astateofmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 hp 70 View Post
It's been stated before that nothing states that it must be an authorized seller. Even the fine print doesn't state it.
"Costco Members may purchase SquareTrade warranty plans for new TVs bought from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized US retailer."

Hmm, i'm not a costco member ...

Last edited by astateofmind; 06-08-2017 at 11:36 AM.
astateofmind is offline  
post #10 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Senior Member
 
colonel7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 428
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmind View Post
"Costco Members may purchase SquareTrade warranty plans for new TVs bought from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized US retailer."

Hmm, i'm not a costco member ...
You don't need to be. I am not a member and bought a ST warranty thru Costco. You just have to pay $5 more for the warranty.
colonel7 is online now  
post #11 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJRatliff View Post
I am curious about how to tell if the ST warranty is activated as well. Anyone know?
as long as you have your Costco receipt and it shows you purchased it, your good. Each contract has a Specific Contract # on it. The Costco system send these in batch to SQ when they are sold. You can register your extended warranty on the SQ website and trust me it will pull it up. I just had to use my Costco SQ warranty on my 2014 70" that went bad, without it , I would be out $2500 right now! Best $90 ever spent! And to re-iterate , nowhere does it state in the actual contract that you must buy the tv from an authorized seller. You just need a valid receipt.
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #12 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 hp 70 View Post
It's been stated before that nothing states that it must be an authorized seller. Even the fine print doesn't state it.

I bought the ST warranty and have no idea how to tell if its been activated. As far as I'm concerned I'm covered for 5 of the 6 years even if ST denies me. Years 1-3 with lg and citi and 5 and 6 with citi when i provide them with a copy of my ST warranty. Year 4 could be an issue.
Great way of looking at it, did not think of that. well, if it goes in year 4 and there is no coverage, then we wait till year 5 to put in a claim and there you go, it will be covered,,, there's the work around! lol
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #13 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Update on my Citi Price Match....

Sent up like so many other here on 5/29/17 used Tv Super Store to match to and purchased 65C6 from ebay seller (sent up simple ebay invoice print screen).

Was started to get worried as so many were getting approved on 6/5/2017 who sent in on 5/29. Today I got the email and was approved for $500!!! That's fantastic! First time using PM, thanks to all on here who have given advise on it! Mine may have taken longer to process as I requested a "check" as to not lose any cash back from my 2% card from the $500 credit that would have been posted back...

The PM makes this 65" C Oled purchase one of the hottest deals of the year so far for me!
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #14 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post
You don't need to be. I am not a member and bought a ST warranty thru Costco. You just have to pay $5 more for the warranty.
The $5 extra is money well spent!!!
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #15 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
 
astateofmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Saunders 2 View Post
Update on my Citi Price Match....
Still didn't get mine but now i have a problem: i returned the first one i got ... shall i call them, cancel that price protection and then wait 2 weeks to apply for the new one?
astateofmind is offline  
post #16 of 485 Old 06-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Citi sent me an email last week wanting a copy of my statement which i promptly sent back. I called today and the lady stated that my price match on my cell phone was pending. Cell phone? Wtf? Straightened that out and was approved 1 hour later.

2690 from ebuy, minus 500 pp from citi, plus 90 for the costco st warranty. 2280 total. Not bad!
430 hp 70 is offline  
post #17 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 12:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmind View Post
Still didn't get mine but now i have a problem: i returned the first one i got ... shall i call them, cancel that price protection and then wait 2 weeks to apply for the new one?
wow, that's a good question... I would wait to see if they credit, if they do then your good and that covers the new set. If it's denied because they see a return on the purchase(you would think they check for that, right?) but who knows? Then just re-submit w/ new receipt and cc card transaction... either way, your all good! I have heard of people on another forum getting away w/ 2 Pm's in a situation like yours, not sure what card it was but that is dishonest. also, have heard people getting Pm thought manual submission then the price rewind computer program(if you registered your purchase on it) find a lower price 30-40 days later and send a much smaller check to them.........
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #18 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 12:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 hp 70 View Post
Citi sent me an email last week wanting a copy of my statement which i promptly sent back. I called today and the lady stated that my price match on my cell phone was pending. Cell phone? Wtf? Straightened that out and was approved 1 hour later.

2690 from ebuy, minus 500 pp from citi, plus 90 for the costco st warranty. 2280 total. Not bad!
$2280 is a steal for that TV and 6 years Warranty!!! Sweet!!!!
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #19 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Member
 
zeuswsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Saunders 2 View Post
as long as you have your Costco receipt and it shows you purchased it, your good. Each contract has a Specific Contract # on it. The Costco system send these in batch to SQ when they are sold. You can register your extended warranty on the SQ website and trust me it will pull it up. I just had to use my Costco SQ warranty on my 2014 70" that went bad, without it , I would be out $2500 right now! Best $90 ever spent! And to re-iterate , nowhere does it state in the actual contract that you must buy the tv from an authorized seller. You just need a valid receipt.


Did you buy your 2014 70" from an authorized dealer? I would think square trade would look for every opportunity not to have to honor a warranty claim. I personally wouldn't take the chance that when my $2000+ broke down, square trade would over look that I didn't purchase from an authorized retailer.

I'd love to be proven wrong if anyone has experience in submitting a claim through the costco square trade warranty on a tv bought from an unauthorized dealer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
locomo likes this.
zeuswsu is online now  
post #20 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 215
OLED65B7P $2699 from a 100% feedback seller. $2599 after 8% eBay bucks promo today/tomorrow. $2099 if CC PP pays off. Mega deal.
urgru is online now  
post #21 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgru View Post
OLED65B7P $2699 from a 100% feedback seller. $2599 after 8% eBay bucks promo today/tomorrow. $2099 if CC PP pays off. Mega deal.
Good Deal..
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #22 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuswsu View Post
Did you buy your 2014 70" from an authorized dealer? I would think square trade would look for every opportunity not to have to honor a warranty claim. I personally wouldn't take the chance that when my $2000+ broke down, square trade would over look that I didn't purchase from an authorized retailer.

I'd love to be proven wrong if anyone has experience in submitting a claim through the costco square trade warranty on a tv bought from an unauthorized dealer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I hear what you are saying, no, the 70" piece of cr*p Lg that went bad was bought at best buy w/ a price match.

AS I have posted here (look up my previous post) the terms of the costco warr are very specific and there is no mention of "authorized" seller. The only key point is that your original LG warr MUST be valid. This was also validated by an attorney that read through the terms, for what it's worth.... Trust me, I work w/ contracts all the time and if they wanted it to be "authorized" then that language would be in there. Also, since Lg will honor all warranty from any buyer as long as it's new, not grey market or a non us model, then that validates all sellers as "authorized" since LG honors the warranty with no issues... I think people get hung up with the "non authorized " lg list on their webpage which is nothing more then the whole back and forth with some big chain retailers and their MAP pricing objective..
zeuswsu likes this.
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #23 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 07:45 PM
Member
 
zeuswsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Saunders 2 View Post
I hear what you are saying, no, the 70" piece of cr*p Lg that went bad was bought at best buy w/ a price match.



AS I have posted here (look up my previous post) the terms of the costco warr are very specific and there is no mention of "authorized" seller. The only key point is that your original LG warr MUST be valid. This was also validated by an attorney that read through the terms, for what it's worth.... Trust me, I work w/ contracts all the time and if they wanted it to be "authorized" then that language would be in there. Also, since Lg will honor all warranty from any buyer as long as it's new, not grey market or a non us model, then that validates all sellers as "authorized" since LG honors the warranty with no issues... I think people get hung up with the "non authorized " lg list on their webpage which is nothing more then the whole back and forth with some big chain retailers and their MAP pricing objective..


Good info thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
zeuswsu is online now  
post #24 of 485 Old 06-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Senior Member
 
astateofmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Saunders 2 View Post
I hear what you are saying, no, the 70" piece of cr*p Lg that went bad was bought at best buy w/ a price match.

AS I have posted here (look up my previous post) the terms of the costco warr are very specific and there is no mention of "authorized" seller. The only key point is that your original LG warr MUST be valid. This was also validated by an attorney that read through the terms, for what it's worth.... Trust me, I work w/ contracts all the time and if they wanted it to be "authorized" then that language would be in there. Also, since Lg will honor all warranty from any buyer as long as it's new, not grey market or a non us model, then that validates all sellers as "authorized" since LG honors the warranty with no issues... I think people get hung up with the "non authorized " lg list on their webpage which is nothing more then the whole back and forth with some big chain retailers and their MAP pricing objective..
people get hung up on the "authorized retailers" because that's the wording on costco page when you buy the warranty ...
astateofmind is offline  
post #25 of 485 Old 06-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Member
 
PlasmaHiDef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmind View Post
people get hung up on the "authorized retailers" because that's the wording on costco page when you buy the warranty ...
TRUE.

I bought my tv from an "unauthorized" seller and was able to register my tv through the square trade warranty bought at Costco.
PlasmaHiDef is offline  
post #26 of 485 Old 06-11-2017, 02:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateofmind View Post
people get hung up on the "authorized retailers" because that's the wording on costco page when you buy the warranty ...
Exactly!!!! Nothing even close to that on the terms, the "legal" terms of the contract. As long as the Lg warranty is valid the SQ will be valid... Just as a FYI to all, the first thing SQ asks you when you file a claim is the "Service warranty code" of the TV. This is a bit different from just the serial # of the TV, it is the serial # of the Lg tv with about an extra 6-8 digits / letters on the end. I believe from this they can verify the 1 yr lg warranty because they wanted this from me with my claim on my $2500+ tv PLUS they wanted a picture of the rear tag showing the warranty serial #'s as well.

So, don't worry, the SQ warr is the way to go, esp. at $90! Also, keep in mind, another benefit, unlike other sq products you can get a 100% refund anytime within the 4 years if warr was not used (it's in the legal binding terms of the contract)
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #27 of 485 Old 06-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
TRUE.

I bought my tv from an "unauthorized" seller and was able to register my tv through the square trade warranty bought at Costco.
yup, you can register anything. No one looks at it or the receipt, etc unless you have to file a claim. Then they send you an email that they must validate the purchase receipt & warr . Up until then, you can register just about anything and it will show an active policy, which is good for the extra citi warr as all you would need to do is show them a print out of that or your printed warr papers from Costco.

One thing to note, since SQ does not know that you bought the TV outside of Costco, when you register your warranty it will show the expiration date, "5 years later" because it shows that extra 1 year concierge warr from Costco. It does this because it assumes you bought the TV from Costco. This is how mine showed, then when they validated my receipt and warranty for my claim there online page changed to show my warranty was valid for 4 years. Just fyi info...
PlasmaHiDef likes this.
John Saunders 2 is offline  
post #28 of 485 Old 06-11-2017, 04:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 17
If anyone is looking to buy from Amazon, the price just dropped $500 on the 65C7 from $4000 to $3500 this morning. Not sure if it will remain at that price since Amazon's prices tend to bounce all over the place.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
move4ward likes this.
ROMIL is online now  
post #29 of 485 Old 06-11-2017, 07:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Romil! ^^^

Great find on Amazon. If anybody has already purchased their TV, you helped them out on their price protection for their credit cards.

I checked Best Buy and Fry's, after your find. They dropped the price to $3,500 also. LG must have notified their authorized resellers to drop it today.

Last edited by move4ward; 06-11-2017 at 07:14 AM.
move4ward is offline  
post #30 of 485 Old 06-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Member
 
SCB48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Set in Costco

I was in my local Costco today and looked at the LG OLED. I think it was a B model. 65" for 34xx.00. The set had the Costco video they run on all of them. It was very dim. It was next to a Samsung QLED curved 65" set that blew it away for the same price. I know about "torch mode". I asked the guy about it and he thought something was wrong about it, picked up the remote and set it to "vivid". It brightened up a little but was still dim. I know these TV's are not great for bright rooms but they will never sell any when it looks like this one. Any thoughts??
In another Costco recently, they had one going with a special video that showed all these vivid colors and looked fantastic. It wasn't the video the rest of the TV's had on.
Costco's deal was if you bought the ST warranty they took $90 off the tv, which is the cost of the 3yr warranty.

SCB48
Fairfax, Va.
SCB48 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off