AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

Best line of the night:

Jack: Regarding that little stunt at the car; the next time you point your gun at me, you better plan on using it.

Renee: I did.

I agree I thought that was great. I am really enjoying this season and hope it keeps up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
When she gets mad, you can really see the freckles show through the makeup.

I think Jack will deserve a pardon, but I'll bet he saves Red Foreman at some point, and that convinces him to drop the case.

Not a spoiler, just speculation.

Atlas just shrugged!
post #723 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 58
That was a very good episode. Annie Wersching sure can act.
post #724 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven More View Post

Man, I can't believe Jack is such an idiot. They're about to throw his ass in jail and he's still on board to thwart another plot after rooting out the moles. Appears that the boy is a fry short of a Happy Meal.

Believe it or not. There are people that love this country and what they believe it stands for more than themselves. I know it might be strange to you, but they exist.

This season is pretty good--classic 24 is back. I had some annoying break-ups via OTA w/ KTBC but I blame my antenna or the weather.
post #725 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Be honest - how many of you screamed, "NO!" when Jack gave the data card to the helicopter pilot? I thought for sure it would never see the light of day after that. And I was a bit surprised how quickly Dubaku gave it up.

Knew Ever Carradine was dead the second she went to the mainframe room and also that the sister was going to die. But even with the predictability, loved the ep. Is Renee going to be around for the entire season? There seemed to be a sense of finality to her and Jack's working relationship in the hospital.
post #726 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post

Be honest - how many of you screamed, "NO!" when Jack gave the data card to the helicopter pilot? I thought for sure it would never see the light of day after that. And I was a bit surprised how quickly Dubaku gave it up.

I did. I can't believe that Jack didn't bring it to FBI HQ himself.
post #727 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

YUP....I was shocked that they would push the viewers into another BS-sub-plot like that...I was pleasantly surprised to see that someone is actually honest and can do their job...

I like that they are tying stuff up quickly...I think it works a lot better than dragging it out for a string of episodes...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #728 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

It was nice to see Tony back. Hopefully, he will have a bigger part in the upcoming episodes.
post #729 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Be honest - how many of you screamed, "NO!" when Jack gave the data card to the helicopter pilot? I thought for sure it would never see the light of day after that..

I was expecting a bazooka style take down of the helicopter by one of these homegrown Brooks Brothers terrorists.

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #730 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

That was crazy for Jack to give it to the chopper pilot but since we're dealing with this unique real-time' formatthey can't tie up the protagonist with messenger duties.

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #731 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:

Be honest - how many of you screamed, "NO!" when Jack gave the data card to the helicopter pilot?

What I found interesting was Jack inserting his bare hands into Dubaku’s body to retrieve the blood soaked data card, and then handed it over to the FBI agent who gladly accepted it in his bare hands. In today’s world just mentioning blood requires protective gloves be worn. It appears Jack didn’t have those gloves handy, and considering the circumstances, waiting for gloves or an alternative wasn’t an option, but I’m surprised it wasn’t cleaned before the FBI agent took control.
post #732 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

What I found interesting was Jack inserting his bare hands into Dubaku's body to retrieve the blood soaked data card, and then handing it over to the FBI agent who gladly accepted it in his bare hands. In today's world just mentioning blood requires protective gloves be worn. It appears Jack didn't have those gloves handy, and considering the circumstances, waiting for gloves or an alternative wasn't an option, but I'm surprised it wasn't cleaned before the FBI agent took control.

I'm pretty sure that there are extra gloves in the ambulance that Jack could have used to remove the data card.
post #733 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that there are extra gloves in the ambulance that Jack could have used to remove the data card.

Ah, yes. I was thinking he did it on the sidewalk before the EMT's arrived, but they were present, so he could've easily gotten a pair.
post #734 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Ah yes, and that would make for some compelling television.
post #735 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

What I found interesting was Jack inserting his bare hands into Dubaku's body to retrieve the blood soaked data card, and then handed it over to the FBI agent who gladly accepted it in his bare hands. In today's world just mentioning blood requires protective gloves be worn. It appears Jack didn't have those gloves handy, and considering the circumstances, waiting for gloves or an alternative wasn't an option, but I'm surprised it wasn't cleaned before the FBI agent took control.

That shouldn't surprise you. For multiple years now, we've seen Jack put the Country well before his own life/health. Why would he stop for Gloves as that chip could possibly stop the terror threat they were under. I agree that 99.99999999% of us would have put on gloves, but none of us love the country as much as he does.

Tony
post #736 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 489
24 is finally all the way back. This week's episode was the best I had seen in a couple of seasons. Wow! Jack is a lethal weapon and to do that well he has to be a little nuts and is. Indeed, sometimes he's more than a little nuts. This show has always been at his best when Jack is at the end of his rope because of the exigency of the situation he is facing and becomes willing to do ANYTHING. He is a scary, scary dude but, within the context of the show, I love him for it.

Until I checked her out on IMDb today, I had not known the name of the actress who played Erika; it's Ever Carradine. I thought she was terrific as the overwrought Erika so it came as no particular surprise to learn that she is a member of a distinguished family of actors. She was fun and I will miss her.

I have also hugely enjoyed Annie Wersching's performances as Agent Renee Walker. She is almost as tough as Jack Bauer but has a conscience, which Jack lacks or, more likely, has learned to use only situationally. Wersching is always believable, which is hard to do in a role demanding as many mood swings as hers.

If 24 comes anywhere close to maintaining the quality of this week's episode, the rest of the season is going to be a lot of fun.
post #737 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Until I checked her out on IMDb today, I had not known the name of the actress who played Erika; it's Ever Carradine. I thought she was terrific as the overwrought Erika so it came as no particular surprise to learn that she is a member of a distinguished family of actors. She was fun and I will miss her.

I checked her out a few weeks ago because at times she reminded me of Uma Thurman. She's the daughter of Mr. Nerd himself, Robert Carradine.

Quote:

If 24 comes anywhere close to maintaining the quality of this week's episode, the rest of the season is going to be a lot of fun.

I’d say back-to-back weeks. What makes this year so compelling is that we’re almost halfway through and no one knows where any of this is heading.
post #738 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

It was nice to see Tony back. Hopefully, he will have a bigger part in the upcoming episodes.

I was expecting Tony to say the next attack was coming from him.
post #739 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

Believe it or not. There are people that love this country and what they believe it stands for more than themselves. I know it might be strange to you, but they exist.

But the country in 24 is not the country you know. Jack's country is being controlled by dozens of corrupt infiltrators from a small African dictatorship. They've killed hundreds of Americans and intended to kill thousands. That would make me want to move to Canada.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #740 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwace View Post

Ah yes, and that would make for some compelling television.

Did you find Jack sticking his bare hands into a guy's guts compelling television?

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #741 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

But the country in 24 is not the country you know. Jack's country is being controlled by dozens of corrupt infiltrators from a small African dictatorship. They've killed hundreds of Americans and intended to kill thousands. That would make me want to move to Canada.

Unfortunately, the difference between overly disgruntled liberals/moderates and conservatives is that liberals and moderates threaten to move to Canada, England, etc. whereas overly conservatives arm themselves to try and take their government back. Anyway... let me stop before I get an unnecessary ban.

Surprised that chief of staff agreed to go to the White House. I figured he was planning an exit.
post #742 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Surprised that chief of staff agreed to go to the White House. I figured he was planning an exit.

His hesitancy to go made me think that the White House is the "high value" target that Jouma is planning to hit. He didn't want to act strange by declining to go with his boss, but he clearly doesn't feel comfortable being there. I didn't watch the previews, so this is all just SWAGing on my part.
post #743 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 12:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Unfortunately, the difference between overly disgruntled liberals/moderates and conservatives is that liberals and moderates threaten to move to Canada, England, etc. whereas overly conservatives arm themselves to try and take their government back. Anyway... let me stop before I get an unnecessary ban.

Good idea. Partisan political postings DO tend to make the moderators testy.
post #744 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
The moderators are threatening to move to Canada?

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
post #745 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 01:42 PM
AAF
AVS Special Member

Canada will take anyone

I kept waiting for Chloe to pull out a gun and go take care of biz in the server room. After surviving CTU don't think she'd put up with any B.S..

Now if Chloe and the botox bandit hug it out in a future episode I may have supress my gag reflex.

Great season though!

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
post #746 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF View Post

Canada will take anyone

I kept waiting for Chloe to pull out a gun and go take care of biz in the server room. After surviving CTU don't think she'd put up with any B.S..

Now if Chloe and the botox bandit hug it out in a future episode I may have supress my gag reflex.

Great season though!

I think Chloe needs to step it up a bit. I still think the best was when she pulled the gun out of the trunk a few seasons ago and looked like Rambo
post #747 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 37
There is no way in Hell he would pull a gun in real life on a medic in that situation. If you shoot me dumb **** then Dubaku dies for sure. I'm guessing these just out of school writers have no "real life experiences" when it comes to these types of details but come on, go to a Fire Station and learn what Paramedics not EMT's as portrayed in this episode really do! There would have been at least six people there working on the two patients. Another complaint is they would not have spent that much time on scene outside with a critical trauma patient. We also don't carry around scalpels just to cut open the patients to retrieve chips.That's outside the scope of practice. The only time a scalpel is ever used by Paramedics is to cut the umbilical cord after delivering a newborn!

The other problem I have is they didn't even work up the girlfriend who in theory was a traumatic full arrest. She by law would have been transported to the same facility as Dubaku due to being in the accident especially after having an FBI agent doing CPR upon arrival. If that's the case then she could have just ordered them to work on the girlfriend like Jack did to Dubaku? I've yet to have one of those recover but by law you are required to if they don't meet "obvious death" criteria. If that was a member of your family lying there you'd want something done wouldn't you? Oh by the way writers Epinepherine is not used on an unconscious patient unless in cardiac arrest.

I have risked my life for people who couldn't give a damn about me but that's what I'm paid to do! How dare you portray the EMT's as weak and unable to perform their job in a timely manner and then insult me by having an FBI agent who took the same oath I've taken pull a gun on me!
post #748 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

There is no way in Hell he would pull a gun in real life on a medic in that situation. If you shoot me dumb **** then Dubaku dies for sure. I'm guessing these just out of school writers have no "real life experiences" when it comes to these types of details but come on, go to a Fire Station and learn what Paramedics not EMT's as portrayed in this episode really do! There would have been at least six people there working on the two patients. Another complaint is they would not have spent that much time on scene outside with a critical trauma patient. We also don't carry around scalpels just to cut open the patients to retrieve chips.That's outside the scope of practice. The only time a scalpel is ever used by Paramedics is to cut the umbilical cord after delivering a newborn!

The other problem I have is they didn't even work up the girlfriend who in theory was a traumatic full arrest. She by law would have been transported to the same facility as Dubaku due to being in the accident especially after having an FBI agent doing CPR upon arrival. If that's the case then she could have just ordered them to work on the girlfriend like Jack did to Dubaku? I've yet to have one of those recover but by law you are required to if they don't meet "obvious death" criteria. If that was a member of your family lying there you'd want something done wouldn't you? Oh by the way writers Epinepherine is not used on an unconscious patient unless in cardiac arrest.

I have risked my life for people who couldn't give a damn about me but that's what I'm paid to do! How dare you portray the EMT's as weak and unable to perform their job in a timely manner and then insult me by having an FBI agent who took the same oath I've taken pull a gun on me!

I understand why you are mad but nevertheless think you took all of that WAY too seriously. 24 established itself by going over the top. Its adrenaline laced plots bear little if any relationship to the real world. But it's played absolutely straight by a bunch of talented actors so it's easy to lose sight of its preposterousness once in awhile. That's why I think the civil rights debates it has generated here, arising from Jack's having tortured bad guys in order to get vital information have been well, silly. I have learned to just relax and enjoy the ride, silly though it is.
post #749 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I understand why you are mad but nevertheless think you took all of that WAY too seriously.

No kidding. When I started reading his post, I thought he was kidding. Then as I got further in, I realized he was serious.

Chill out, man. 24 is not meant to portray real life.
post #750 of 2020 Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I was just upset as you would be if people who don't know what you do for a living portrayed you in that manner. I did enjoy the episode and still like and will watch the show. I've been told that ER does the same thing. the technical advisor will say how it should be and they shoot it for dramatic effect instead.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page