post #1351 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

That's been my thought. If you watched the extended smothering scene closely, you could see that (at least) Larry's left nostril wasn't completely squeezed off. Added to Larry's eyeball expressions, maybe it just took him a while to catch on? Or maybe it was all just a case of bad acting?

From what I read here he is dead and gone. It seemd like he wanted to do a little bit of overacting...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04142009...own_164280.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneMike View Post

Maybe Larry is really a bad guy

Was thinking the same thing. Larry was a gigantic D-Bag on this show anyway. I think I might have been the only one cheering Tony on for killing him.

Anyway, I still think Larry and Janeane Garofalo are both in on it. Her keeping Larry out with her 1337 skillz and her keeping herself clean. Chloe will come back and put the pieces together...I mean, where has she been the past few hours? Tony knew it. He's still undercover. Larry felt this was getting out of control, thus his "I believe it" feeling when Starkwood went kaboom. That's the only time he's agreed with anything in Day 7.

Voight was once again great. Love his performance in this. Good stuff.

And the lovely Kim Bauer. $10 she's already made her "stem cell deposit" and Jack will pass out and they'll give him the treatment. I don't watch the next week clips, so maybe this is already covered. I like to at least keep some suspense!
post #1353 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

With only 6 episodes remaining, it seems almost like the show is starting anew, and everything that has happened before has been for naught. There are "bigger" bad guys that haven't even been hinted at of yet? Tony is a bad guy as he was at the beginning? There are portable canisters of the bio-weapon...never knew that before? What is the ultimate threat to the US and who is behind it? Is the Presidet suddenly going to be able to actually make a decision that counts? Will Ethan Kannin come back as a bad guy? What happened to the President's daughter and why was she missing duing the Hodges visit?

Again, I was liking this season very much until the last episode. But the twists with Tony, the portable canisters, and new bad guys just seem excessively convenient.

fafner
post #1354 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

[quote=taxman48;16263341] He already had 3 armor piercing rounds in him and was drowning in his own blood.[quote]

Moss was shot only because Tony failed to fully incapacitate one of the truck men by just having him shoved under the truck. So did he do that deliberately or was he just incompetenly making it easy for Moss to be riddled with bullets?

fafner
post #1355 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

A couple ways they could explain that Tony is not bad:

1. Moss was almost dead already. Tony put him out of his misery and in doing so assured the trust of the Tracy Morgan look a like with the stolen weapon. Otherwise he would have been shot on the spot as well. Tony was unarmed.

2. In line, with point 1, if Tony goes with 'Tracy' then he gets to ultimately track the location of the weapon and of course whomever wanted it in the first place.

Is this related to his original crew? Was Tracy with that crew? It's all running together now.

If he is bad it would be dissapointing and illogical just as it was in Season 1 as that person also helped every step of the way.

I like thatand hope they go that route but I didn't like Tony's facial expressions during and after the snuffing of Larry.

By the way, when Larry had that bit of reconciliation with Renee on the phonethat was the setup. That's when we're supposed to say - he's dead...

And bare in mind, when Tracy left the other bad guy at the refilling station, to do another perimeter check, it was suspicious. The other bad guy said, You just did a sweep. Why are you doing another? Tracy obviously left to secure some of the evil fairy dust before the missiles were to be destroyed.

And, also, when the Feds came in and rounded everyone up, they said that the majority of these bad guys didn't have a clue to the extent of their leaders plan. There was the tight shot on the other bad guy during that moment reinforcing that the Tracy guy was in a much higher pay grade or at the least, had a different employer. This guy was just a stooge.

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1356 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Tony should stop joking around and give those canisters to the FBI already.

So it appears the standard format they're using this season is the boss who works for another boss who works for another boss, etc.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #1357 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Trying to apply rational thinking to last night's plot twist with Tony is a waste of time, it seems to me. The basis of 24 has always been to present silly, over the top stories with tight writing, talented acting, and absolutely straight faces. This latest one of just one more; it joins many others that were no less preposterous -- think Agent Nina Myers. I long ago decided that I would not obsess over 24's many plot holes, for this way lies madness. More seriously, 24 is a lot more fun if you can live with its preposterousness and simply enjoy the exciting ride. I am looking forward to seeing how the Tony thread finally plays out.
post #1358 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
One scene made me groan: when they were driving through Eastern VA, and passed shops that don't exist there, but are prevalent in Los Angeles (ARCO/am/pm).

As for the Tony Twist, maybe it's not the twist it appears... I hope that's the case, because as it was shown, it makes no sense in context of the day thus far.

A.L.a.E.o.t.U.S., as proven 3/21 - never forget.
Defend liberty.
Knowledge isn't Truth; it's just mindless agreement.
post #1359 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 AM

Why no silent clock? Was Larry not a big enough character?
post #1360 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS188 View Post

Why no silent clock? Was Larry not a big enough character?

Nope.

Atlas just shrugged!
post #1361 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I thought Tony was going to be a problem all along. He did not turn himself in when he promised Jack he would. He said in the beginning that he did not want to hurt innocent people (why he flipped) but was in it for the money and revenge. I think he may want to sell the bio-weapon to some other group.
post #1362 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Speaking of twists here's a thought - What if Jack is not really sick. What if he's faking it? Would explain why he was so adamant about not contacting his daughter.

Never signs up for anything
post #1363 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmacat View Post

Speaking of twists here's a thought - What if Jack is not really sick. What if he's faking it? Would explain why he was so adamant about not contacting his daughter.

Why would he be faking it or are you kidding?

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #1364 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 377
One thing I do not want to see is the return of Charles Logan or Henderson. If Tony is stealing the weapon just so that he can poison one of them for killing Michelle that's going to be too much and a really convoluted attempt at revenge.

Let the memory of the last season die finally and don't bring back any of the secondary characters from that plot line.

post #1365 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmacat View Post

He faked the blood test?
post #1366 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein View Post

Voight was once again great. Love his performance in this. Good stuff.

He really sells his viewpoint, even while being clearly the bad guy. When he goes into his speech mode, I find myself agreeing to his points (about being a patriot to his country and defending/arming it where others choose not to), and then he crosses the line into psycho territory (bludgeoning that dude with the heavy glass decanter). Then I have to think, "Damn'it, he got me, again!"

I need your sweet love, Rosetta Stone girl!
post #1367 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

[quote=fafner;16263509][quote=taxman48;16263341] He already had 3 armor piercing rounds in him and was drowning in his own blood.
Quote:

Moss was shot only because Tony failed to fully incapacitate one of the truck men by just having him shoved under the truck. So did he do that deliberately or was he just incompetenly making it easy for Moss to be riddled with bullets?

fafner

You have the wrong scene.

The guy who shot Moss was doing a perimeter check. The guy under the truck came (truck driver) and knocked the C4 switch out of his hand and caused that moment of drama before Tony blew up the base.

The guy just never came back from his perimeter check.

Or at least that's how I remember it.
post #1368 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

One thing I do not want to see is the return of Charles Logan ...............

He's on the CBS show "The Mentalist". I don't think he'll be back anytime soon.

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

normal on a two month old set..
post #1369 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein View Post

Or at least that's how I remember it.

You remember correctly.
post #1370 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I have really been enjoying this season.....but to be honest last nights episode might end up as the episode that ruined the season for me. Cant really say exactly why..but just so much seems contrived now and any possible reason for Tony doing what he is doing just ends up being really silly. I guess the bad guy being good then bad then good then just plain evil just isn't working for me anymore. To me is looked like Tony actually enjoyed murdering Larry the way he did....made no sense even if Tony is on some grand revenge crusade.

I like plot twists......but have always hated plot twists that are done just for the sake of being "shocking" and make no sense otherwise...which is what last nights episode seemed like.
post #1371 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy W View Post

You remember correctly.

Well in any case, Tony should have done something to prevent the other guy from getting out from under the truck...unless he purposedly wanted him to.

fafner
post #1372 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 24
As always:

Blah blah blah "no silent clock" blah blah.

Larry's been a big enough part of this season that no matter what happens to him there will be people who consider his status "up in the air" unless he gets a silent clock next episodeā€¦

As far as the plot, assuming Tony is working for Starkwood or whomever is really driving the conspiracy, this seems stupid.

Even Tony must know that the first thing the doctors will notice is Moss' petechial hemorrhaging and will know he was forcibly asphyxiated, where if he had simply had his cohort shoot Moss in the head it would not only have been more humane for Moss, he would have been seen as a gunfight casualty of the bad guy, protecting Tony's "cover" with Jack and the FBI ("I tried, there was nothing I could do, Larry's gone.")
post #1373 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post

Well in any case, Tony should have done something to prevent the other guy from getting out from under the truck...unless he purposedly wanted him to.

I can't imagine Tony would want the guy to get out from under the truck. Tony was obviously going to blow up the fuel tanks, so he wouldn't want someone to stop him.
post #1374 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Tony didn't want the bad guy to emerge from under the truck. It was the writers who wanted that in order to add some extra suspense and tension to the scene. Haven't you guys learned that yet?
post #1375 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

Even Tony must know that the first thing the doctors will notice is Moss' petechial hemorrhaging and will know he was forcibly asphyxiated,

Don't go there, man. People here aren't interested in whether the show is believable or not.
post #1376 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

I have really been enjoying this season.....but to be honest last nights episode might end up as the episode that ruined the season for me. Cant really say exactly why..but just so much seems contrived now and any possible reason for Tony doing what he is doing just ends up being really silly. I guess the bad guy being good then bad then good then just plain evil just isn't working for me anymore. To me is looked like Tony actually enjoyed murdering Larry the way he did....made no sense even if Tony is on some grand revenge crusade.

I like plot twists......but have always hated plot twists that are done just for the sake of being "shocking" and make no sense otherwise...which is what last nights episode seemed like.

I completely agree.

post #1377 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HiMarks View Post

Don't go there, man. People here aren't interested in whether the show is believable or not.

Not quite. We've just accepted that it's not believeable, and disengage that part of our brains when we watch. Believe me, it makes the show much more entertaining if you're not trying to pick out every little flaw.
post #1378 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaelSmith View Post

Maybe he didn't really kill Larry, just held his hand over his mouth until Larry figured out that he needed play dead to let him pretend to be working with Tracy Morgan. If you're going to really kill someone, guns work better.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #1379 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post

From what I read here he is dead and gone. It seemd like he wanted to do a little bit of overacting...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04142009...own_164280.htm

Yeah, but I betcha Tony thought he was dead and gone after a couple of seasons ago too.

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider

normal on a two month old set..
post #1380 of 2020 Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HiMarks View Post

And like they'll be checking for that when in the next hour someone could kill a city.

"It's murder!"
"Open an investigation, find and arrest Almeida"
"Oh, too late. Seasons over."

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page