'24' - Season 7 on FOX HD - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1861 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Whoohoo, up the creek with all you naysayers. That was an awesome 2 hrs!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HiMarks View Post

Boy, did that suck. I'm not usually critical, but that finale was one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Yep, just flat out aweful finale. Infact, the last 6 episodes or so of this season dragged on and were boring. Ever since Tony turne and Jack got infected the season went downhill quick.
post #1863 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM2008 View Post

Rene,

I actually like it. I guess we can expect Jack calling her up to help next season. After the end, I felt Tony story turned out. Oh well, it is still an entertaining season. We just have to wait for next year. New York is a good place start a new season.

Is anyone really going to purchase this season 7 dvd even you know the ending?

The Tony ending came out of left field for me since I havent seen season 5 and 6(?) in a while I thought they wrapped that all up between Logan and Jack's family. But it actually explains all the retardedly erratic behavior pretty well and made the character make sense in context of the season again. I will say they did a good job there.

I thought they did a pretty good job overall in the finale, they put themselves in a lousy position setting the episode up with a ****** second half of the season, but they got out of it as good as could be expected.
post #1864 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Sutherland has been hinting for several years about a "replacement". This season is a kind-of "test" to see if people take to Rene positively. Although Jack was not "gone" this season, he was disabled and the hard core interrogation was sort of passed on to Rene as an apprentice.

I'm not sure it will stick, though. I think the idea is to have Rene take over for Jack and Sutherland will slowly move behind the scenes as producer. I'm not convinced the series will be as popular without Sutherland playing the role of Jack, however.

The advantage for doing that will be that Sutherland would then be free to drink and drive or assault people and get arrested without delaying the series. It looks like another delay is around the corner since Sutherland was just arrested again for assault which is a violation of his probation, so I think he'll be spending the whole summer behind bars. But the head-butt he did was a great "Jack" move in real life.
post #1865 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 330
Just when I thought I couldn't hate the Tony story any more they go and do this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

If Tony is stealing the weapon just so that he can poison one of them for killing Michelle that's going to be too much and a really convoluted attempt at revenge.

So the best thing tony could think of over three years to get close to Alan Wilson and get revenge for Michelle, was to crash two passenger jets, help an armed takeover of the White House by a foreign power, kill the president, import a deadly toxin and then kill hundreds of thousands of people in co-ordinated attacks on civilians? Has he not seen Man On Fire? Denzel could have got revenge in a month.

And the Kim Bauer plot was thankfully wrapped up pretty quickly (and the guard who got shot but still returned fire on the floor was pretty kickass) but did anyone else laugh hysterically when Kim came out of the car with her sleeve on fire? Waving it around frantically like a chicken? No matter how they write her, her stories still come across like "Adventures of Blond. Dumb Blond." I also thought it was pretty funny how she just stood next to the burning vehicle instead of running away in case the whole thing blew up.

That said when Tony got taken away I thought the last thirty minutes were great. Jack's "you have to make the choice you can live with" speech was great and his death bed scene was touching even if it did come across as reparations for previous seasons of Muslim terrorists. Even the White house stuff was well played.

I almost want Jack to die. His closing scenes were so good and Walker has now become pretty kick ass. Especially this episode with her mean streak coming out and riding the running boards picking off bad guys and rolling into cover. I would watch her in 24. I'd rather watch her as a Bauer/Walker team but I think I could live with just her.

If they had taken the first 3/4 of this season up until the Tony twist and then attached the first quarter of last season up until the nuke it would have made a perfect run.

But at least it was better than the last season.

post #1866 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

Also...glad to see Beckett practicing medicine again btw...

and what happens?

He gets killed off again!

Poor Carson. He should stay out of medicine. It's bad for his lifespan.

post #1867 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

uh?

Also...glad to see Beckett practicing medicine again btw...

LOL even his lack of accent couldn't disguise him. WAY OT, but did anyone else notice James Callis on Numbers last week? I totally didn't recognize HIM until he stood up and gave one of those perplexed anguished looks. Then I couldn't help but see him. But he used a southern accent and the character was so spot on crazy that he was actually unrecognizable to me at first.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #1868 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 09:40 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Our government sure gets a lot done in 24 hours.

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #1869 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:

When the President walked in the Situation Room with all the military brass, I thought, "Didn't we invade Sangala like 18 hours ago." I realize it was a cake walk, but still.
post #1870 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 09:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post

I think people should spare a thought for the unsung heroes of 24. They never stop, they have to work to ridiculous deadlines, cope with rapidly changing events and have to do it in secret.

Who am I talking about?

The media department at the White House.

When they aren't assembling the many large, spiral bound color briefings about the latest continuously changing plan for meetings, they are producing sweet Powerpoint-style presentations with graphics that swipe left and right, zoom in and out, highlight copy as the president speaks, make nice collages of dead African warlords with the word "Deceased" stamped across them and they do it all so it can run in the background for no reason.

How many print room technicians and graphics people died today in the assault? How many of those will be remembered with a star on the wall?

post #1871 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 PM

post #1872 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cads View Post

Is Tony really bad?

No, but he's really, really mad.

Which has turned him into a crazed sociopath, so it would probably be safer for everyone if he really was just another EvilCo soldier.

post #1873 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Sutherland has been hinting for several years about a "replacement". This season is a kind-of "test" to see if people take to Rene positively. Although Jack was not "gone" this season, he was disabled and the hard core interrogation was sort of passed on to Rene as an apprentice.

I'm not sure it will stick, though. I think the idea is to have Rene take over for Jack and Sutherland will slowly move behind the scenes as producer. I'm not convinced the series will be as popular without Sutherland playing the role of Jack, however.

The advantage for doing that will be that Sutherland would then be free to drink and drive or assault people and get arrested without delaying the series. It looks like another delay is around the corner since Sutherland was just arrested again for assault which is a violation of his probation, so I think he'll be spending the whole summer behind bars. But the head-butt he did was a great "Jack" move in real life.

Thats what I thought they were prepping Chase for in season three but then they had to go make him a mall security guard or something. I think they realized they overkilled the dead coworker story and they want to start establishing costars for the series again. One of the reasons why Season Six was so bad was that there were no real good Tony/Michelle/Chase/'good' Nina characters to play off of, Curtis but they killed him off pretty early on. Chloe is a good character but she is just a plot device to get Jack the information he needs. most of the time when she has a side plot of her own it can get tedious.

I think they need to find a way to bring back Peter MacNicol, he was the only good thing about season 6... but I digress...

The other thing season 8 needs... is Mandy... and if they ever do kill jack, Mandy should do it...
post #1874 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

i miss the days when 24 had a real shocking cliffhanger...
post #1875 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

seems like next season will take place directly after this one...only way it makes sense to me

Define "directly." By the time next season starts, Jack will have already been cured.
post #1876 of 2020 Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy W View Post

Define "directly." By the time next season starts, Jack will have already been cured.

exactly, remember how season 2 ended and how season 3 started?? david palmer emerging from the limo completely fine.
post #1877 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

i miss the days when 24 had a real shocking cliffhanger...

"It's all been done....It's all been done....It's all been dooone befooore"
post #1878 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Advanced Member

Terrific finale. Wrapped everything up nicely imo.
post #1879 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Indy View Post

Yep, just flat out aweful finale. Infact, the last 6 episodes or so of this season dragged on and were boring. Ever since Tony turne and Jack got infected the season went downhill quick.

Good - glad we won't have to comments about next season.

I'm not happy they left everything up in the air, but they really did.

We don't know anything at this point, aside from Jack will probably survive.

Did Renee torture? We don't know.

What happens to Tony? We don't know.

The Imam? We don't know.

The President? We don't know.

Aaron absolutely, positively rocked, though.

Quite frankly I think people would have been disappointed had anything been resolved, but I wasn't expect so many people being upset at nothing having been.
post #1880 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 01:27 AM

I agree the naysayers here, bad writing and worse direction, just a real let down. Leaves me wanting less, not more. Very sloppily done. But the picture and sound were awesome!

Greg
post #1881 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 02:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
I agree with the "naysayers". IMO the Star Trek boys[Berman/Braga] ruined this season. Jack asks forgiveness through a muslim cleric? Did "president giggles" wrote that scene?
And what was that big twist at the end I was bombarded about on the radio all week?
There was nothing shocking or unpredictable at all. This was the lamest season finale of all times. Sorry but freckles don't cut it, it has to be Jack for me to tune in for future seasons, and hopefully they lose the ST boys, let them destroy some other show, with their metrosexual PC crap.

Nuff said!!

The Hun
post #1882 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 02:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post

24 To Get Real In Season 8?

Kiefer Sutherland says that the eighth season of 24 will be more grounded in reality, admitting that previous seasons have been kind of far-fetched. What? Nuclear bombs, running around the LA transit system with the fictional equivalent of Osama Bin Laden, and lets not forget those pesky Cougar/Amnesia trap subplots. Not real? No way

Sutherland couldn't reveal any plot details, but insists to Reuters that the story is grounded in a political shift that's taking place in the world, and that it is probably the most realistic thing we've ever done.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/14/...l-in-season-8/

Yeah that's what ruined this season. I don't care for the "current political shift". If I did I would watch C-Span.

The Hun
post #1883 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post

Yeah that's what ruined this season. I don't care for the "current political shift". If I did I would watch C-Span.

You know, I think you can buy anything if it's intelligently done and presented; you strike the right tone and maintain tension and suspense and it's all good. But last night's finale -- as opposed to, for example, last week's episode, for me anyway -- just seemed very rushed and not believable -- even for 24 -- and almost toally without dramitc tension. So, for me, whether they make it more or less "realistic" next year isn't really relevant: just tell a good story in an involving way, where you can totally suspend your disbelief, and I'm there. Easier said than done, I guess.

Greg
post #1884 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 03:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Glad to see more people coming around to Tony being a ‘good guy’ - have faith.

It all goes against what we are seeing because of his recent actions, but I still expect to see the twist before this ends. Tony has killed far more of ‘them’ than he has of ‘us.’ The number of ‘us’ will be far less than the number killed if he can’t help stop this. The end justifies the means.

While not a complete goodie two shoes, I knew Tony would come around. He also stole my line.

Glad the Prez did the right thing and sent Olivia away.

Next season could be as much as two years from the end of this season so I’m not looking for teamwork with Jack and Renee.
post #1885 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I think this show really suffers when Jack isn't out in the field doing what he does best. As soon as they gave him the disease and stuck him at FBI headquarters, the show slowed to a crawl. They better fix it before next season.

They spent to much time on the whole President's daughter story line. That was pretty weak.

post #1886 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 03:48 AM

I think this is the first season of 24 where I wasn't at the edge of my seat during the finale.

I hope they mean what they said about season 8, I want them to go back to the formula they had in the first season. By that I mean using the 'realtime' concept again, I think it worked to the shows advantage because things could play out over a series of episodes instead of just one.
post #1887 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

And the Kim Bauer plot was thankfully wrapped up pretty quickly (and the guard who got shot but still returned fire on the floor was pretty kickass) but did anyone else laugh hysterically when Kim came out of the car with her sleeve on fire? Waving it around frantically like a chicken? No matter how they write her, her stories still come across like "Adventures of Blond. Dumb Blond." I also thought it was pretty funny how she just stood next to the burning vehicle instead of running away in case the whole thing blew up.

I was cracking up as 1 second after she waved her arm around like a chicken, Walker tells her she's hurt or something and Kim barely flinches saying something like, "yeah, if you use an inverse 11 router we can find the location of the guys who have my father". I'm going to search for for that at BB.

I was a little disappointed in the finale. After 2 hours, I want SEE Walker go after Wilson, not just go in the room and have the door close. I want to SEE Jack open his eyes after the procedure, turn to Kim and say, "nice call with the inverse 11 router, sweetheart.". I want to SEE, Olivia in handcuffs, not just walking with Agent Pierce like she's been doing for 2 months.

Question: Who thought Jack was trying to kill himself and destroy the pathogen in the process when Tony bursted in when Jack was doing the C4/oil thing near the cab?

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #1888 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
nah, what I wanted to SEE was this rewrite of the Kim Bauer scene:

Kim looks into the car, and sees the laptop that was used to spy on her. As she reaches into grab it, the man reaches over and grabs her blouse. As he erupts in flames, both sleeves are also in flames, and spreads to her pants. Kim grabs the laptop, gets out of the car, places the laptop on the ground, and proceeds to strip down out of her suit into her underwear. At that point a thunderstorm breaks out, drenching Kim, and the FBI discovers the wet Kim in her bra and panties...

I'll let the rest of you fill in the rest...
post #1889 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 06:59 AM

First, I thought this season was very enjoyable, but i think they could have done a better job wrapping up some of the loose ends and there def could have been a better cliff hanger, I agree with who ever suggested Jack Flat lining would have been better, it could have been more suspenseful, even though everyone knows there is a season 8 coming and Jack would survive.

Wondering about these:

Tony was arrested, no idea what will happen to him and realistically he unraveled the entire plot
Rene may or may not use illegal interrogation tactics
Alan Wilson was arrested, he may or may not get convicted
Jack is in a coma (obviously will come out of it for season 8)
In the end How did the FBI find out where they were holding Jack so quickly, all other times during the season they would have crack this code or decrypt this email, but this time, they all of a sudden just show up.

I also wonder why they felt the need to announce another season so early into this season, once they did that it kind of made the dragging out of Jack being poisoned useless. If they had held out that announcement until after the season, IMO that plot line would have been better, because no one would have known if there was going to be another season.
post #1890 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewpidity View Post

I also wonder why they felt the need to announce another season so early into this season, once they did that it kind of made the dragging out of Jack being poisoned useless. If they had held out that announcement until after the season, IMO that plot line would have been better, because no one would have known if there was going to be another season.

[/size][/font]

I agree 100%. They were more interested in promoting the show's business instead of its story.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page