'24' - Season 7 on FOX HD - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Maybe I've become immune to the shock of 24, but the finale was pretty ho-hum. Where have the "oh @#$#" days gone when Jack kills Chapelle or Palmer goes down in the first 10 minutes of the season? I know every episode can't be like that--and nothing will ever be like that first season with its shock value--but really, the writing has become formulaic. Granted, I enjoy the formula...but I miss those moments. Olivia was the new Sherry Palmer. Kim was kidnapped...again. Jack was forced to do something against his will. Moles moles moles! The finale did not feel finale-ish...it feels like we're going to pick right back up where we left off. Of course, we'll jump ahead and only learn by conjecture what has happened to Jack's trial, Olivia, the president's administration, and Alan Wilson.

Sorry, I don't mean to complain. I really did enjoy this season. The Tony thing doesn't really bother me now. Perhaps his story suffered from poor execution. (Like the Denny-ghost story in Grey's Anatomy.) Working for himself works out a lot better than making it seem like he was just "acting good" for the bad guys. He played both sides to get what he wanted...if that meant seeing through the horrible events of the day to get into the good graces of the top dog of the organization, then so be it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
At least we're almost assured of getting yet another President next season. That will make 9 in ~13 years!
post #1893 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

hmmm, maybe not...apparently Cherry Jones is signed on for next season.
post #1894 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

There was something about Henry Taylor sitting there crying to the President Allison that he reminded me of Will Forte from SNL. ..made me think of Forte's acting too. It was kind of funny.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #1895 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

Question: Who thought Jack was trying to kill himself and destroy the pathogen in the process when Tony bursted in when Jack was doing the C4/oil thing near the cab?

+1...he overheard the tech/doc mention that the only way to kill the pathogen was at 500+ degrees.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #1896 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

+1...he overheard the tech/doc mention that the only way to kill the pathogen was at 500+ degrees.

+1(=2) That's what I was thinking..

post #1897 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Question: Who thought Jack was trying to kill himself and destroy the pathogen in the process when Tony bursted in when Jack was doing the C4/oil thing near the cab?

To me it looked like a road flare and gasoline, and he was getting ready to try and immolate himself because of that 500 degrees Celcius thing, but yeah the main motive was to keep the pathogen away from the bad guys.

Then Tony kicked the flare out of his hand, which seems like a really stupid thing to do since it could have easily landed in the gas puddle, thereby achieving exactly what he was trying to do. But then Tony was also remarkably agile for someone who shot himself in the abdomen only a few hours previously.
post #1898 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I don't see how the president could continue when her daughter (and chief of staff) had someone executed for whatever reasons.
The scandel would bring down any administration and the press would have a field day about it.
Tony has to be toast. He commited cold blooded murder numerous times plus treason. Its the gallows for sure.

Argee
post #1899 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

I don't see how the president could continue when her daughter (and chief of staff) had someone executed for whatever reasons.
The scandel would bring down any administration and the press would have a field day about it.
Tony has to be toast. He commited cold blooded murder numerous times plus treason. Its the gallows for sure.

You would think Tony is toast but then again how many times does the big fish wind up making a deal for immunity/witness protection/presidential pardon for intel on the person or group who is really behind it. That part of the formula has been has been mixed to death...literally by Olivia.

post #1900 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Contrary to an article that has been posted here, I just watched Kiefer say S8 starts off where S7 ended.
post #1901 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 58
great finale but I thought the stem cell issue could have been resolved hours ago.. Just give Jack the stuff, he wouldn't know whats in needle.. He refused his daughter so she could have done it behind his back..Random thoughts article:

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertain..._thoughts.html

post #1902 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

I’m not so sure about the treason thing. He did lure the big fish into a trap, which was/is the ultimate goal. Jonas made decisions that cost lots of lives and he was given witness protection. Well, at least for 5 minutes until Olivia intervened. Tony was a playa, not a mastermind like Jonas or Will. People on 24 get deals cut all the time, so well see where that leads.
post #1903 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Jack was going arraigned at the beginning of this day and was let go to save the world again.

Same thing could happen with Tony.
post #1904 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was cracking up as 1 second after she waved her arm around like a chicken, Walker tells her she's hurt or something and Kim barely flinches saying something like, "yeah, if you use an inverse 11 router we can find the location of the guys who have my father". I'm going to search for for that at BB.

My wife and I cracked up when Kim said "Dammit," just like her dad.

Quote:

I was a little disappointed in the finale. After 2 hours, I want SEE Walker go after Wilson, not just go in the room and have the door close. I want to SEE Jack open his eyes after the procedure, turn to Kim and say, "nice call with the inverse 11 router, sweetheart.". I want to SEE, Olivia in handcuffs, not just walking with Agent Pierce like she's been doing for 2 months.

Wow. Who was it that said instant gratification wasn't quick enough?

Quote:

That's exactly what he was trying to do.
post #1905 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 406
I liked it, too, primarily because I learned a long time ago not to take seriously anything that happens on 24. It was particularly satisfying to see the terminally screwed up Olivia get hers. The girl had the judgment of a cockroach. One wonders how in heaven's name she ever could have held a job if she hadn't been working for her mother. Oh, yeah, she couldn't even keep that one for a whole day. I guess old Ethan is a good guy after all. Who knew?

I have a hunch that Renee didn't go all biblical on evil Alan Wilson after all. It's hard to imagine the writers being able to resist using Will Patton's Alan Wilson as the central bad guy next season as they used the equally evil Jonas Hodges (for awhile) this season.
post #1906 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

how many days has it been since jack's got some? 3? poor jack. renee could've given him a nice parting gift...
post #1907 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

i miss the days when 24 had a real shocking cliffhanger...

I miss the days when the last hour or two of 24 was edge-of-your-seat exciting.

I thought this season was going much better and then it tanked, especially those last 3-4 hours. Ooof.

As is many times the case with 24, there were too many loose ends to tie up at the end and the writers ran out of time.

Kim? Beyond weak - that was cougar-like.

Olivia/Hodges - a lot of wasted time in that, a lot.
post #1908 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Yeah the ending was slow, I think at 7:20AM it was just tying some loose ends, but not much action, by 7:33AM everything ended.

News flash, Jeanine can smile, LOL.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1909 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I was a little disappointed in the finale. After 2 hours, I want SEE Walker go after Wilson, not just go in the room and have the door close. I want to SEE Jack open his eyes after the procedure, turn to Kim and say, "nice call with the inverse 11 router, sweetheart.". I want to SEE, Olivia in handcuffs, not just walking with Agent Pierce like she's been doing for 2 months.

Me Too! I want to SEE Olivia in a prison shower scene!

But seriously, I almost bought an inverse 11 router but it's not worth it with my current cable modem speeds

-Evangelo2
post #1910 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
JCL
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah the ending was slow, I think at 7:20AM it was just tying some loose ends, but not much action, by 7:33AM everything ended.

At 6:30 am it was still pitch dark, but at 6:55 am (as Rene and Tony ran out of the warehouse chasing Jack) it was bright outside with the sun rising over the horizon.
post #1911 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 07:25 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post

At 6:30 am it was still pitch dark, but at 6:55 am (as Rene and Tony ran out of the warehouse chasing Jack) it was bright outside with the sun rising over the horizon.

I don't mean to sound glib, but it sounds like a standard sunrise to me. nothing unusual.

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #1912 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

.... And?

You are familiar with the flaming ball of gas in the sky and its daily ritual of rising and setting, yes?
post #1913 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Season 7 was MUCH better than season 6, but there was NO cliffhanger and the ending totally left everything unresolved. My God the ending sucked hard.
post #1914 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM

Seeing that Will Patton/Alan Wilson is surrounded by presidential-level security, did anyone notice that he's being driven around in a rented limo (it had a TCP number on the front bumper) that anyone can plant a bomb in?
post #1915 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckZ View Post

Season 7 was MUCH better than season 6, but there was NO cliffhanger and the ending totally left everything unresolved. My God the ending sucked hard.

This show has always left thing unresolved. Jack's kidnapping by the Chinese, for example, or Palmer's poisoning? And I'd say Jack's possible "death" could be considered a cliffhanger, though obviously he won't die.
post #1916 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
The fact that S8 will pick up where S7 left off is I believe why things were left hanging.

In previous seasons we always jumped ahead by months if not years, so there was more of a need to wrap up loose ends.
post #1917 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDK006 View Post

This show has always left thing unresolved. Jack's kidnapping by the Chinese, for example

they did resolve that in a 24 short.

It was mainly an excuse to plug the latest Toyota but they did wrap up the storyline.

post #1918 of 2020 Old 05-19-2009, 10:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:

I'll back you up there. I thought the transition was far too abrupt, but that's probably because filming during the 30 minutes of morning twilight required too much effort.

post #1919 of 2020 Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaylor0 View Post

You know, I think you can buy anything if it's intelligently done and presented; you strike the right tone and maintain tension and suspense and it's all good. But last night's finale -- as opposed to, for example, last week's episode, for me anyway -- just seemed very rushed and not believable -- even for 24 -- and almost toally without dramitc tension. So, for me, whether they make it more or less "realistic" next year isn't really relevant: just tell a good story in an involving way, where you can totally suspend your disbelief, and I'm there. Easier said than done, I guess.

You misunderstood what I was getting at. I wasn't aiming at the realistic aspect or lack there of the show, but how the current political shift influenced this show already. If that is where things are heading I'm not interested. But I will wait and see no doubt when it returns again.

The Hun
post #1920 of 2020 Old 05-20-2009, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Yeah after she was "tea bagged".

The Hun
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page