'In Plain Sight' on USA HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 200 Old 05-04-2009, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
That was not a very good episode last night, it felt like a "chick" show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 200 Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

That was not a very good episode last night, it felt like a "chick" show.

Disagree completely. I think it moved the characters forward and that we might get to see a permanent change to the train wreck of a mom.
post #93 of 200 Old 06-01-2009, 08:25 AM

After all the regular season shows had their finales, this is the one show that my DVR is set for.

The "Stan Once Had Hair" episode was ok, but this show continuing to be worth watching.
post #94 of 200 Old 06-16-2009, 01:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
I don't normally swear, but what the Hell is going on with this show. Pretty good plot last week with the murder "who dun it", but Mary's new sister as well as the office romance between the Chief and the female supervisor from Hell is way overboard.

I don't get it.

I still say LAW AND ORDER has lasted all these years by being plot driven without the necessity to bring in the soap opera crap.

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #95 of 200 Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

I don't normally swear, but what the Hell is going on with this show. Pretty good plot last week with the murder "who dun it", but Mary's new sister as well as the office romance between the Chief and the female supervisor from Hell is way overboard.

I don't get it.

I still say LAW AND ORDER has lasted all these year but being plot driven without the necessity to bring in the soap opera crap.

I simultaneously agree and disagree with you!

I too like Law & Order keeping the personal stuff to a minimum. Law & Order is more like watching "Cops" with a script in that it feels more like a documentary following an actual case since the focus is on the case and not on the characters' home lives.

At the same time... I like variety, so I also like a show that does integrate more personal stuff into the plot.

I have to agree, though, I am wondering a bit about the sudden integration of a bunch of different stuff... Dealing with mom's alcoholism, finding a new sister (and brother not shown yet), the stuff at work with the new woman who I swore was going to be revealed at some point to be a mole sent to spy on the goings-on as a result of last season's finale... there's just a lot of stuff going on that doesn't leave as much room for the witness-of-the-week.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #96 of 200 Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

Mary's new sister as well as the office romance between the Chief and the female supervisor from Hell is way overboard.

I don't know. Any show that gives Laura Prepon a guest appearance is OK with me. It doesn't appear that she will be a reccurring role, and it adds to the mystery of the dad.

How long do you think until they reveal that dad is not only a crook, but OMG!!!! also in Witness Protection!!!!. I've been guessing that since about the third episode.
post #97 of 200 Old 06-17-2009, 11:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
As I have said before, I get VERY tired of the soap opera threads involving Mary's mother and sister. The hunky ballplayer, with whom both Mary and her sister have hooked up also makes my eyes glaze over. I agree, though, that the surprise half-sister is an interesting development, which could get still more interesting. I also like the developing romance between Stan and the snarky office manager. There is some depth to to both of these characters, in stark contrast it seems to me, to mama, sis, and the ballplayer.
post #98 of 200 Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 301
I think what a lot of us may be trying to ignore is that this show, at it's core, is really just a prime-time soap opera. I know I was looking for more given the initial premise and even some of the first episodes, a little more meat or focus on the witsec world, but it's really just devolved into a soap about a dysfunctional family. Maybe that was intention from the start, but it didn't seem that way from the promos, at least I wasn't perceiving it as such.

I could easily lose the ball player, the mother and the sister and give that airtime to Marshall and the others including the detective - scenes with him and Mary are always good - and some actual witsec type stories. I liked the show when it first started out, but with all these Lifestyle Network type storylines I'm to the point that I can easily take it or leave it.
post #99 of 200 Old 06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

I guess I think it's a pretty good balance. It's a show both my wife and I can enjoy together, for different reasons. My wife absolutely hates most of my viewing choices (Mad Men, Rescue Me, BSG, etc.) And I mostly hate her choices (Gray's Anatomy, Project Runway, Samantha Who). So when there is a show that we both like (Chuck, In Plain Sight), I can put up with a little soap opera that's balanced with interesting crime solving. I can even put up with the sister's storyline. I mean, she's great to watch with the sound off. All I need to do is use my finely honed husband skills and tune out the audio during her dialog, and just watch the eye candy.
post #100 of 200 Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

As I have said before, I get VERY tired of the soap opera threads involving Mary's mother and sister. The hunky ballplayer, with whom both Mary and her sister have hooked up also makes my eyes glaze over. I agree, though, that the surprise half-sister is an interesting development, which could get still more interesting. I also like the developing romance between Stan and the snarky office manager. There is some depth to to both of these characters, in stark contrast it seems to me, to mama, sis, and the ballplayer.

If you mean they've both got between the sheets with, I don't think Mary's sister ever really did. They hung out and she took care of him some, but I'm almost sure they never hooked up.
post #101 of 200 Old 06-17-2009, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll agree they could lose the baseball player plotline. He hasn't been around much this season, and honestly I forget about him until he pops up like he did this week.

I actually like some of the mom/sister stuff... it reflects on Mary as well as being additional break in the action for the plot.

The problem, to me, is trying to do too much at the same time. Juggling ALL these sideplots simultaneously could derail the show... but if they focused on one this week, another next week, and revisited from time to time... that'd be ok with me.

post #102 of 200 Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I really liked the episode with the psychologist who had to follow her around. The family stuff is ok, it doesn't bother me, it gives us insight into why Mary is the way she is.
post #103 of 200 Old 06-18-2009, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

I guess I think it's a pretty good balance. It's a show both my wife and I can enjoy together, for different reasons. My wife absolutely hates most of my viewing choices (Mad Men, Rescue Me, BSG, etc.) And I mostly hate her choices (Gray's Anatomy, Project Runway, Samantha Who). So when there is a show that we both like (Chuck, In Plain Sight), I can put up with a little soap opera that's balanced with interesting crime solving. I can even put up with the sister's storyline. I mean, she's great to watch with the sound off. All I need to do is use my finely honed husband skills and tune out the audio during her dialog, and just watch the eye candy.

Seconded. However, I did get in trouble for mentioning out loud that based upon Jinx, Brandi, and Lauren, Mary got the short end of the chest...

v/r,
C-F
post #104 of 200 Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

I really liked the episode with the psychologist who had to follow her around. The family stuff is ok, it doesn't bother me, it gives us insight into why Mary is the way she is.

That's my point. Who cares? I also skip through the portons dealing with mom and sister. As many of us have said before, great premise; and for the most part, a very good first season. This is why I continue to watch. And yes, the banter between Marshall (funny choice for a name - it confused me at first) and Mary is excellent.

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #105 of 200 Old 06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's my point. Who cares? I also skip through the portons dealing with mom and sister. As many of us have said before, great premise; and for the most part, a very good first season. This is why I continue to watch. And yes, the banter between Marshall (funny choice for a name - it confused me at first) and Mary is excellent.

So, you just want another procedural show, I would rather have a little continuation and get to know the characters. I like CBS shows for a while, but then I get tired of the case of the week, wrap it up and have a new one next week. I like Leverage and it wouldn't be half as good if not for discovering what makes all the characters tick. It's just my preference, but I just think it's more interesting that way.

Everybody's entitled to their preference, I like the way they're doing it personally.
post #106 of 200 Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 386
I really enjoyed last night's episode, at least the parts of it in which Mary was directly involved. She is so screwed up and unhappy, she is often her own worst enemy. Marshall had it right when he told her she was a "train wreck." That said, dizzy kid sister and dizzy mama doing dizzy things together or separately make me CRAZY. I fast forwarded through most of it but it was still wearing. Back to the plus side, I continue to enjoy the episodes featuring the arrogant but clueless Robert O'Conner, the FBI agent. The tall skinny guy who plays him does a terrific job of presenting a character we love to hate.

Despite WAY too much of kid sister and mama -- again -- this episode was a good one, I thought.
post #107 of 200 Old 06-22-2009, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I thought last night's episode was the best episode in the two seasons of In Plain Sight.
post #108 of 200 Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
The season three premiere of IN PLAIN SIGHT will be Wednesday, March 31.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...ostcount=50142
post #109 of 200 Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the update... I wonder if Wednesday is the new USA night or something... They already moved Psych there from Friday last season to this season... and now it sounds like In Plain Sight will take that spot after Psych's run ends this season.

post #110 of 200 Old 04-01-2010, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Anybody still watching, caught last night's episode. Glad it's back on the air. I'm really looking forward to next week's show though, "When Mary met Marshall" the previews look like it could be a good show.

I kinda wish the show still ran on Sunday's though.
post #111 of 200 Old 04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 310
Completely missed it. I'll have to catch a rerun this week.

I thought last season was a big improvement over the first so I hope they can keep that up.

post #112 of 200 Old 04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Last night was a little weird since they "skipped" ahead to Mary getting out of the hospital after being shot last season... and tried to wrap that up at the same time they did a normal episode about an old witsec family having an issue.

Next week does look interesting from the previews.

This is one of those shows that isn't quite what you think it will be based on the description, but always entertains.

post #113 of 200 Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Dumbest move ever made by a TV network moving this to Wednesday. Same thing can be said about CI moving to Tuesday and wherever they moved Psych. I can't believe they would put IPS against a new SVU on NBC. But luckily NBC plays SVU repeats all the time, so I chose In Plain Sight.
post #114 of 200 Old 04-01-2010, 07:13 PM

Liked: 10
DVR didn't pick it due to the back log on Wed, thank goodness for AVS.
post #115 of 200 Old 04-02-2010, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Anybody still watching, caught last night's episode. Glad it's back on the air. I'm really looking forward to next week's show though, "When Mary met Marshall" the previews look like it could be a good show.

I kinda wish the show still ran on Sunday's though.

I'm still watching. I enjoy this show. I thought this episode was generally good, except for the soap opera moments with the mom. I wish they would just jetison her. Oh, and Mary chasing the shooter at the end was a little anti-climactic. I guess they were going for comedy but it fell kind of flat.

I didn't even realize they changed nights. I just looked at my DVR's list of recorded shows, saw it, and watched. I didn't even stop to question when it recorded.

I like the remodeled house.
post #116 of 200 Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Completely missed it. I'll have to catch a rerun this week.

I thought last season was a big improvement over the first so I hope they can keep that up.

I hope they can keep the ratings up. This thread is dead, and it was a season premiere. I hope the audience knows to it's on Wednesday now, not Sunday.

Like I think I missed a 'season' of Psych since it's not on Friday anymore.
post #117 of 200 Old 04-02-2010, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdawg View Post

I hope they can keep the ratings up. This thread is dead, and it was a season premiere.

Thread activity has no bearing on how many on AVS are watching a show. Some series just do not generate comments because either the subject matter or general consistency of the show doesn't raise any talking points.

Some shows just do what they do every week and that's fine.

post #118 of 200 Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I almost missed the mid-season premiere of Psych myself because of the Wednesday move this year... and I would have missed In Plain Sight if I hadn't been paying special attention.

I don't watch anything else on USA right now (Dead Zone ended a couple of years back, and Monk ended this past year)... so it's easy to miss when they move to a new night and you aren't paying attention.

post #119 of 200 Old 04-02-2010, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I almost missed the mid-season premiere of Psych myself because of the Wednesday move this year... and I would have missed In Plain Sight if I hadn't been paying special attention.

I don't watch anything else on USA right now (Dead Zone ended a couple of years back, and Monk ended this past year)... so it's easy to miss when they move to a new night and you aren't paying attention.

I only knew about IPS because I'm a fan on FB and they've been posting about it for the past few weeks. I don't really watch USA either since Monk ended and I haven't seen Psych on Fridays anymore.
post #120 of 200 Old 04-03-2010, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Next week must be "how we met" week or something... as the previews for next week's Bones episode also is a "how they first met" story.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page