AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post

He can teleport, I thought.

Sylar does not have a teleport power (at least that we have seen on the show).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm actually surprised to see so many good reviews. In my house it did not go over as a good premiere. It was all over the place and seemed to be getting much "dumber". I thought both of the last two seasons were way better than this premiere night. I really hope it picks up from here because up till now I've thoroughly enjoyed this show.
post #93 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I saw that too. I was wondering if it was Tim Kring's new hobby. Pulling old SF stalwarts out of retirement hell. We've had Mr Sulu, tonight Captain John Sheridan and Ralph Hinkley.

John Sheridan/Tron!

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #94 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpepling View Post

I'm actually surprised to see so many good reviews. In my house it did not go over as a good premiere. It was all over the place and seemed to be getting much "dumber". I thought both of the last two seasons were way better than this premiere night. I really hope it picks up from here because up till now I've thoroughly enjoyed this show.

Strange I think they are getting back to early season 1 feel. I loved the way S3 is going.
post #95 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I agree, everything felt uneven and rushed to me. It's like they were trying to do too much in too little time. Then, there were plot twists and huge character changes that normally take up at least an entire episode every 3 minutes or so.

I mean, Sylar spent the whole of season 1 trying to get Claire's power and here he just shows up at her doorstep (how did he find her, exactly?) and takes it within a couple of minutes. Noah spent the whole of season 2 trying to deal with and eventually kill Bob and again, he just turns up dead in a seconds time. And those are some of the little things compared to all the twists and turns that went on every couple minutes.

It would appear they also didn't heed the "don't just introduce a million new characters" complaints that everyone had early in season 2. They introduced what, 7 in this episode?

Lastly, I wish they'd stop making Sylar such a pansy who gets captured/nearly killed by every chump that feels like taking him down.

Also, I may just be forgetting how season 2 ended, but why is Noah locked up in level 5? I thought he was working for the Company again in an agreement to keep his family off limits?

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing CoD Ghosts or the PS Vita

post #96 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by moob View Post

Though it didn't start out all that well...Why was Peter running? He could teleport anywhere he wants. And then why did he and Claire even have that conversation when they both know that he can indeed teleport? That whole scene made no sense. Just melodrama for the sake of it.

Then there was Claire locking herself in a crappy-ass closet, and somehow the guy who just moved tables and everything else couldn't get in? Wtf? And he turns his back on her...why? That whole house scene also made no sense.

I think I have a couple of answers to your Peter questions. He was running because his whole purpose of coming back was to prevent people from knowing they exist. So teleporting in a crowded room full of cameras would be a bad way to prevent that.

When Peter was talking to Claire he still had not decided to keep Nathan alive so there was no way he was going to go get her to save the man he tried so hard to kill. Plus, as they showed with Hiro even seeing a future where your close friend kills you is problematic to building trust.

The scene with Claire in the closet was silly. It seemed like filler especially when they had Sylar gain the powers any way.

Did they ever mention what Richard Roundtree's powers were?
post #97 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Last night was our first "broadcast" viewing of Heroes, having watched all the episodes of the series from scratch on DVD over the last four months. There wasn't much on during the summer, so we leaned on Netflix to be ready for season 3.

I have to admit...I'm struggling to maintain my interest in this show. Season 1 was way cool. Season 2 was quite lame, writers' strike notwithstanding. The Maya/South of the Border stuff was especially lame (no, that's not her mascara running...she's killing you!), and the feudal Japan high-school acting stuff was absurdly lame (could this be the same David Anders who was such an entertaining villain as Sark on Alias?).

And Sylar couldn't kick in the slats of that closet door? Riiiight.

We only made it through 90 minutes' worth last night on the TiVo before boredom got the best of us. Must finish later. I want to like this show more than I do, but all too often something about it isn't quite "right" for us. I can't put my finger on it. We're still on board for more, though. For now, anyway.
post #98 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post

And Sylar couldn't kick in the slats of that closet door? Riiiight. .

Was it just me, or did that cat and mouse game seem more like a dream sequence than reality?

I think this might be the shape of things to come this season as Mama Petrelli will probably be using her telepathic/mind control powers much more liberally than before.

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #99 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post

Was it just me, or did that cat and mouse game seem more like a dream sequence than reality?

I think this might be the shape of things to come this season as Mama Petrelli will probably be using her telepathic/mind control powers much more liberally than before.

If so, I'm gonna need a more idiotproof way to recognize that, like the sound cue that accompanies flashback/forward scenes in Lost.
post #100 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What was Mohinder thinking? All of a sudden he's (super) power hungry? He was ready to haul himself back to India and forget the whole thing then the next minute he's injecting himself. Not like him at all. He's smarter than that.

I love this show, and will continue to watch it every week. I just hope that they have a place to take the story. It seems like the Legion of Doom has escaped and the Justice League needs to hunt them down.

Where's Micah and the mimic girl?

-- David
post #101 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post

If so, I'm gonna need a more idiotproof way to recognize that, like the sound cue that accompanies flashback/forward scenes in Lost.

How about the three NBC xylophone tones? Built-in self promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkerbow View Post

What was Mohinder thinking? All of a sudden he's (super) power hungry? He was ready to haul himself back to India and forget the whole thing then the next minute he's injecting himself. Not like him at all. He's smarter than that.

Yeah, until he put down the books for a second and realized what a fine POA was hanging in his crib. So he decided to opt for the Charles Atlas method!

Chance favors the prepared mind
post #102 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkerbow View Post

What was Mohinder thinking? All of a sudden he's (super) power hungry? He was ready to haul himself back to India and forget the whole thing then the next minute he's injecting himself. Not like him at all. He's smarter than that."

Yea, I thought that too ... Mohinder was too eager to inject himself , before more study ... seemed a little out of charecter ...
A better idea would have been He was at the dock ready to throw away the needle, gets mugged & may be about to be shot, & "out of desparation" runs for cover behind a dumpster, takes the needle ...
post #103 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

I have to agree. Peter Petrelli continues to play the stupidest multi-powered person ever. "Gee, I didn't learn last time that I don't have the whole story, so I'm just gonna go and shoot my brother this time."

Other than the fact that this wasn't as sleepy as S2 (c'mon, what was the body count this episode? I can think of 5 dead people off the top of my head), S3 had better turn around in the next few episodes.

And I too loved the return of Weevil.
post #104 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 146
1) Maya got hotter, she was hot before but now, she's two Ts HOTT
1.1) Maya had better English
1.2) Side-boob
1.3) one of my two chihuahua's is named Maya, she's not hot but she sure is sweet!

2) Hiro is awesome
2.1) what the hell is up with the future Ando?
2.2) how come he can't stop here completel especially against the "Speedster"

3) Nathan can now heal himself or was it Linderman all along?
3.1) I like the way that Linderman is like Six/Baltar in BSG

4) Sylar is the best baddie on TV
4.1) I now know how Sylar's power works
4.2) So Peter should know how to do this as well?

5) Present-day Peter became who (Weevil, I loved Veronica Mars) now?
5.1) How does Future-day Peter factor into everything. He essentially screwed up the whole timeline eh?
5.2) If Peter absorbs powers, he should beena able to see the future since he's been around his mom so many times

6) In the previews, it said that Noah Bennet and Syalar teaming up? What the hell?

7) Clair is special? So the whole story still revolves around her?
7.1) I like the silence of the lambs with her brain

8) Mohinder is a Pimp
8.1) Mohinder is now some strange molting creature
8.2) Maya might be preggers with a hybrid baby? WTF
8.3) In the previews, they showed two people flying, is this season going to concentrate on Mohinder testing out a "power" serum or more trying to explore alternate universes much like butterfly effect

9) Elle's dad's power was kinda lame but in today's economy, I wouldn't mind being able to make anything gold.
9.1) I'm glad that Ms. Bell wasn't killed off, she'll always be near and dear
9.2) Clair and Elle jello wrestling would be a sure fire hot hit pay per view special
9.3) wait add Maya as well

10) the overall pacing of the two shows were ok, but I would have appreciated it to have been slightly slower to really absorb all the little nuances and such much like the first season.

Anyways, I can't wait to get more Heroes and BSG. I'm in love with Boomer as well

and I'm convinced, I should get Sprint as well! ****kking sellout

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #105 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 AM

I was actually pleasantly surprised that this season started off so well. I think the start of the season is a bit trickier than season's past because you have an already running storyline on top of a season that was cut short not neccassarly where they wanted it to be. Either way I had a few basic thoughts:

1. It seems as though the "kid gloves" of last season are off.....alot more gore, alot more action, and alot more of what season 1 started off as, seems as though NBC decided to not nerf the content and make it and adult show again.

2. The plot line is already going in a direction......although it was alot to tie together, I watched my dvr again and its alot easier to see where things are going.

3. Alot more characters. I think at first this will be confusing , but I think the more things are intertwined the more fun it will be.

4. With all the crap shows right on t.v , at least heroes is trying to be a bit creative, even if it isnt as good as season 1........
post #106 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
At some point, Doc Brown has to show up and say, "Great Scott!" the timeline has been messed up...we have to go Back to the Future....I mean, Back to the Past...I mean.....???"

We've seen that Future Peter is trying to fix the past and doing a bad job of it, but what about Future Hiro?

I do love time travel stories, but between Heroes and The Sarah Conner Choronicles, I suspect I'm going to have to create some job aids for myself to keep track of what timeline we are in.
post #107 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I forgot to mention, if they pull a 4400 and have Mohinder and Nathan team up to pass out the serum to everyone who wants to take it (and 50% of the people who take it end up dying), I'm never watching Heroes again because it will be the biggest ripoff EVER. It was scary how close Mohinder is to Kevin Burkhoff and how it seems they are setting up Nathan to thinks he is a Messiah figure like Jordan Collier. Ugh, I forsee bad things for this show if this is the case.

Not to mention the ridiculous time travel paradoxes they are creating...can future-Peter even go back to his future? Won't it be different now if he jumps back?

I do agree that the first two hours of this season were a mess...but a fun mess. There were SO many characters and SO many plot-lines, I don't know how they expect ANYONE other than fans of Season 1 and 2 to keep up with the plot lines. At least the pacing was better and not completely retarded like Season 2.

Anyways, I'm glad Heroes is back but I hope they take the right path and don't go where it seems like they are going right now...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #108 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
For everyone who's asking, Micah will make some appearance during the season as he was in the preseason countdown show.

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #109 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

For everyone who's asking, Micah will make some appearance during the season as he was in the preseason countdown show.

CRAP

I was hoping he went the way of Walt

Josh
post #110 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I still don't understand how the world was saved by saving the cheerleader? And how did Peter's brother recover? Thanks.
post #111 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post

I still don't understand how the world was saved by saving the cheerleader?

Sylar didn't get her in season 1 so he couldn't be immortal....oh wait...

Quote:

And how did Peter's brother recover? Thanks.

Yet to be seen...it will be fun watching them try to explain how Linderman got into Nathan's mind...

Josh
post #112 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post

I still don't understand how the world was saved by saving the cheerleader? And how did Peter's brother recover? Thanks.

It's as if she couldn't have died in the first season anyways so now that he was able to get Claire Bear's power, the end of the world is going to happen again?

As far as Nathan is concerned, yeah I don't get that one either. Linderman?

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #113 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post

All I know is that Mohinder apparently should have checked for that fly before he got into the teleport chamber…

I was thinking the exact same thing when he was climbing the walls! I just hope he doesn't start regurgitating on stuff and his ears, nails and teeth start falling off.

I just happened to see The Fly on cable about 10 days ago so it was fresh in my mind.

Afro GT
post #114 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I did think it was funny how they totally dismissed the plot of season one..."save the cheerleader, save the world" ...ummmm, Sylar said he couldn't kill her, so it should have been, "hey, don't let Sylar get the cheerleader's power--don't worry, he can't kill her or anything, but I just don't want him to have her power to heal...mmmmmkay?" would've made a great t-shirt.

thread closed
post #115 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 125
If the "I'm your mommy" thing isn't just a red-herring to get Sylar to play ball... my gut tells me that we would find out that Peter/Sylar are brothers from the same father (the one we never saw that died before episode 1 season 1)... and that "mental illness runs in the family" thing would make sense.

Probably then find out that Linderman is Nathan's father, so he is only a half-brother to Peter.

Just WAGs on my part from watching the show... but I'm patting myself on the back for the "spoiler" I posted yesterday that turned out to be correct in guessing Peter as the shooter. When I re-watched the Blu ray Season 2 it just looked like his "walk" as the shooter was walking away.

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #116 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I enjoyed the Heroes premier last night a lot. Thought is was very good overall, minus some of the lame scenes that took place (which were mentioned...i.e Sylar and the closet). Definitely looking forward to this season. I wonder why Claire can't feel pain after Sylar took her power. Maya is HOT btw.
post #117 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

If the "I'm your mommy" thing isn't just a red-herring to get Sylar to play ball... my gut tells me that we would find out that Peter/Sylar are brothers from the same father (the one we never saw that died before episode 1 season 1)... and that "mental illness runs in the family" thing would make sense.

Probably then find out that Linderman is Nathan's father, so he is only a half-brother to Peter.

I don't think Ma Petrelli meant it literally. I think it's going to be that she donated DNA or an egg or was involved in creating the "make a hero" project back when the fellowship started and Sylar's mom was a test subject.

Maybe the hero powers that everyone in the world seems to now have all came from the Linderman/ Petrelli/Hiro's dad/Kensei etc. gene pool or project they created.

post #118 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
She's his mommy in much of the same way that Al Gore is the Daddy of the internet.

-- David
post #119 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

I think I have a couple of answers to your Peter questions. He was running because his whole purpose of coming back was to prevent people from knowing they exist. So teleporting in a crowded room full of cameras would be a bad way to prevent that.

When Peter was talking to Claire he still had not decided to keep Nathan alive so there was no way he was going to go get her to save the man he tried so hard to kill. Plus, as they showed with Hiro even seeing a future where your close friend kills you is problematic to building trust.

Not that running. When he was running in the very beginning to meet Claire. And that whole conversation was still useless. As soon as he walked in, he could have teleported, but instead we had that long drawn out mess he calls acting. Bleh. Peter still can't act his way out of a paper bag, and the less Mini-Keanu Reeves has to say, the better.
post #120 of 2358 Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

So whats everyone think the formula is for? It can't be for the serum to create Heroes from everyday people, Mohinder already has that and it was seemingly easy to create (took him like 5 minutes right?). Is it possibly the anti-serum to remove the powers? Whats everyone think?

Regarding Claire hiding in the pantry: I think Sylar was merely playing with her...it wasn't meant to show that he couldn't get in there. He was playing cat and mouse with her. I also think Sylar took the "pain" portion of her ability from her so he dosen't feel pain. Why else was he poking around in her brain so long?

"Are you going to eat it?" "Gross Claire"

That has be LOLing

Josh
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page