2Likes

post #451 of 3728 Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF View Post

Not bad, but I actually think about the King Floyd song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP3uZ_OZwyY

Good one.

BTW... are you an "old fart" too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3728 Old 11-15-2008, 02:17 PM
AAF
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Middle-aged fart. :-)

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
post #453 of 3728 Old 11-16-2008, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Another good one tonight. What is Michelle Forbes' story? I can't believe we've only got one more ep for the season. I don't see any way they can wrap up half of what is going on, we're almost assuredly going to be left with cliffhanger(s) everywhere. Lizzy Caplan, hasta la vista babee.

Who's Drew Marshall? The picture looked familiar, but I'm not sure. Was it Rene?
post #454 of 3728 Old 11-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Yep, it was. Still don't know if he's the killer though.

To bad they killed off Amy. They could have done a lot with her character I think.

" I say down with stretch-O-vision and any channel to use it! "
post #455 of 3728 Old 11-16-2008, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Patato View Post

Yep, it was. Still don't know if he's the killer though.

To bad they killed off Amy. They could have done a lot with her character I think.

It doesn't pay to get attached to anybody on this show Sam defended himself pretty well I thought, flipped him over the couch and got a good shot in, of course if Sookie hadn't broken it up, we might have been less one Sam. I'm still wondering what the deal is with Michelle Forbes(can't remember her name on the show), she certainly looks a lot better cleaned up.

I love this show, still can't believe only one show left before the break.
post #456 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Michelle Forbes is probably a vampire, who lures kids into her home to feed.

No animals were harmed in the creation of this sentence.
post #457 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
One week left and so many questions that can they answer in 1 hour?

Hog lady (Michelle Forbes) and Tara. Loved how the mom just left her to rot in jail. Thought Tara would have said I know you, but guess she was too drunk.

I will be shocked if it is Rene, he was always so quiet :P
post #458 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

It's always the quiet ones! I'm sure we're being set-up for a swerve.
post #459 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I thought last night's episode was filler and not a very good setup for the finale...

oh well, maybe it will make more sense next week

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #460 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 07:01 AM

Can't believe there's only one more episode of this entertaining and original series. Really enjoying it. Bill's new "protégé" looks to be quite a handful (did I read it correctly that Eric is going to train her instead?). And Admiral Cane just got here!
post #461 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Its not just this show that is ending. It seems as all the sat network original shows are on a short schedule. Long gone is the 26 week season.
post #462 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

The picture looked like Rene. I really liked Rene. He's a great humble characters and one of the good guys on the show.

No animals were harmed in the creation of this sentence.
post #463 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It seems too simple for the killer to be rene. Yes, he is the brother but he may not be the killer. It would be more interesting for him not to be so they can explore why he changed his name and fled town.

David M.
post #464 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

It seems too simple for the killer to be rene. Yes, he is the brother but he may not be the killer. It would be more interesting for him not to be so they can explore why he changed his name and fled town.

It wouldn't make any sense...what was his motive for killing all the people? Unless he really hates vampires....but that didn't seem to be the case every time he's talked to Bill and Sookie...

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #465 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

He could be there hunting for the killer himself. Or, the killer is hunting him. Or maybe tormenting him by killing people around him.

" I say down with stretch-O-vision and any channel to use it! "
post #466 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post

It wouldn't make any sense...what was his motive for killing all the people? Unless he really hates vampires....but that didn't seem to be the case every time he's talked to Bill and Sookie...

At the engagement party he did tell Sookie that she deserves better when asking her about her relationship with Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Patato View Post

He could be there hunting for the killer himself. Or, the killer is hunting him. Or maybe tormenting him by killing people around him.

I don't think Rene is the killer. We're being set-up to be believe he is between the picture of "Drew Marshall" and the promo for next week's finale. Which usually results in a swerve.

The killer's established M.O. has been to kill women known to have had sexual relations with vampires or, in the case of "Gran", to have been sympathetic to vampires. The only thing I don't get is why, Amy was killed - unless she died for her addiction to "V". Since Jason confided in Rene & momma's boy (Hoyt) about Amy's habit - and it would be too easy to have Rene be the killer, I think it's the least likely of people: Hoyt.
post #467 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Rene could be another red herring...I liked Terry for it, but he's the guy, along with Jason's other dufus friend that's been "under the radar" and I have a feeling he's the strangler. However, I'm still not sure about Grandma.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #468 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
AAF
AVS Special Member

Re: Michelle Forbes aka naked chick in the road with the hog.

The show writers are taking that character in a whole, wildly, different direction than that of the books. The books are not going to be much use to anybody figuring anything out other than in gross generalities.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
post #469 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 168
From Fredfa's "Hot Off The Press" thread:

Critic's Notebook
And the Best New Fall Show Is....
From Matthew Gilbert's Boston Globe 'Viewer Discretion' Blog - November 17, 2008

... "True Blood."

The networks tried, and they came up with a few decent fall shows, including "The Mentalist" and "Life on Mars." But my fall favorite is from HBO, which picked up some post-"Sopranos" mojo with this supernatural fantasia from Alan Ball. I can't believe True Blood is about to reach its season finale on Sunday -- the episodes flew by.

OK, so it isn't as psychologically sophisticated as Six Feet Under, Alan Ball's previous TV effort. But "True Blood" is still a really good time -- playful, metaphorical, at times hysterical. It's a bit like the late, great Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but with better production values, tighter plotting, and wonderfully over-the-top Southern atmosphere and accents.

Speaking of which, Ryan Kwanten, who plays Jason Stackhouse, Sookie's man-slut of a brother, deserves a big shout out. Unbelievably, Kwanten is Australian, and his seamless Southern accent is completely fake. Kwanten has been like a live electric wire on the show. He's awesome, and he makes Jason's dull thinking process crystal clear.

And then there's Anna Paquin. Oddly enough, the 1993 movie The Piano is the source of four of TV's current stars -- Holly Hunter on Saving Grace, Harvey Keitel on Life on Mars, Sam Neill on Crusoe, and Paquin on True Blood. I remember thinking, when Paquin came to the stage to accept the Oscar for best supporting actress, that the frightened little girl was doomed to a career in the shadows of that movie. Now, she has stolen the hearts of True Blood fans as the lucky, and very plucky, Sookie Stackhouse. Her chemistry with Stephen Moyer as Bill is really strong.

Are you watching? What do you think?

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/200...e_best_ne.html
post #470 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

From Fredfa's "Hot Off The Press" thread:

Critic's Notebook
And the Best New Fall Show Is....
From Matthew Gilbert's Boston Globe 'Viewer Discretion' Blog - November 17, 2008

... "True Blood."

The networks tried, and they came up with a few decent fall shows, including "The Mentalist" and "Life on Mars." But my fall favorite is from HBO, which picked up some post-"Sopranos" mojo with this supernatural fantasia from Alan Ball. I can’t believe “True Blood” is about to reach its season finale on Sunday -- the episodes flew by.

OK, so it isn’t as psychologically sophisticated as “Six Feet Under,” Alan Ball’s previous TV effort. But "True Blood" is still a really good time -- playful, metaphorical, at times hysterical. It’s a bit like the late, great “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” but with better production values, tighter plotting, and wonderfully over-the-top Southern atmosphere and accents.

Speaking of which, Ryan Kwanten, who plays Jason Stackhouse, Sookie’s man-slut of a brother, deserves a big shout out. Unbelievably, Kwanten is Australian, and his seamless Southern accent is completely fake. Kwanten has been like a live electric wire on the show. He’s awesome, and he makes Jason’s dull thinking process crystal clear.

And then there's Anna Paquin. Oddly enough, the 1993 movie “The Piano” is the source of four of TV’s current stars -- Holly Hunter on “Saving Grace,” Harvey Keitel on “Life on Mars,” Sam Neill on “Crusoe,” and Paquin on “True Blood.” I remember thinking, when Paquin came to the stage to accept the Oscar for best supporting actress, that the frightened little girl was doomed to a career in the shadows of that movie. Now, she has stolen the hearts of “True Blood” fans as the lucky, and very plucky, Sookie Stackhouse. Her chemistry with Stephen Moyer as Bill is really strong.

Are you watching? What do you think?

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/blog/200...e_best_ne.html

You'll get no argument from me, this is by far the best new show this year in my book, by a mile.
post #471 of 3728 Old 11-17-2008, 06:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF View Post

Re: Michelle Forbes aka naked chick in the road with the hog.

The show writers are taking that character in a whole, wildly, different direction than that of the books. The books are not going to be much use to anybody figuring anything out other than in gross generalities.

Between my hazy memories of the early book volumes and the show's creative divergence I no longer feel anything I would say would even be a spoiler. Though that probably makes me enjoy the show even more.

- Tom

Why don't we power our electric cars from greener, cheaper Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors?

Tom Barry - Find my video filters at www.trbarry.com
post #472 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Good show, my only problem with it was Sookie's apparent fickleness. It had only been a few days since Bill disappeared, so her behavior and attitude were not very believable to me.

Lafayette's actions were a little strange too...just didn't expect him to get so, er, political.

Otherwise, I love how they have set everything up and I was genuinely surprised at the ending...as others have said though, it might not be Rene afterall. I've been getting the feeling lately that it's Detective Andy Bellefleur...especially after his "interrogation" scene with Scott and the view we got of the killer (he looked like he had large hands like Andy).
post #473 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Looking at the TrueBlood Wikipedia entry, I just realized that Detective Andy and the PTSD Iraq Vet Terry share a last name. I'm assuming they're brothers, but has that been confirmed on the show? I don't recall.

If that's the case, I'm thinking they may be in cahoots. And, they might both be something supernatural (werewolves) too.
post #474 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmoGamecoq View Post

Good show, my only problem with it was Sookie's apparent fickleness. It had only been a few days since Bill disappeared, so her behavior and attitude were not very believable to me.

Lafayette's actions were a little strange too...just didn't expect him to get so, er, political.

I agree with that as well. Don't know where the Lafayette storyline is going with this politico. And also didn't buy Sookie's make-out session with Sam. Thought Sam might turn into a dog or wolf or something when he was battling with Bill; that would have been pretty cool.

Quote:

Otherwise, I love how they have set everything up and I was genuinely surprised at the ending...as others have said though, it might not be Rene afterall. I've been getting the feeling lately that it's Detective Andy Bellefleur...especially after his "interrogation" scene with Scott and the view we got of the killer (he looked like he had large hands like Andy).

I've liked Deputy Andy for the killer from the start. He wants to put Jason away just a little too eagerly, he's big and strong enough to do the deeds, and there's really been nothing so far that points to him as the killer other than his prejudice against Vampires. Which makes him a solid choice, of course.

One thing's for sure: we'll find out next week!
post #475 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Looking at the TrueBlood Wikipedia entry, I just realized that Detective Andy and the PTSD Iraq Vet Terry share a last name. I'm assuming they're brothers, but has that been confirmed on the show? I don't recall.

If that's the case, I'm thinking they may be in cahoots. And, they might both be something supernatural (werewolves) too.

I'm thinking he's his uncle or they're cousins, I think they are definitely related, but I'm sure it has been said in the show before.
post #476 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

In last week's episode that politician wanted to buy some "V" from Lafayette and and it ended with the two of them have a sexual encounter. When Lafayette saw him on TV crusading against vampires and homosexuals, I guess he felt it was necessary to pay him a visit as a reminder. I wouldn't be surprised if Lafayette's web cam set-up recorded the entire "deal" to be used as blackmail material later on.
post #477 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoq View Post

In last week's episode that politician wanted to buy some "V" from Lafayette and and it ended with the two of them have a sexual encounter. When Lafayette saw him on TV crusading against vampires and homosexuals, I guess he felt it was necessary to pay him a visit as a reminder.

Yeah, I remember all of that. I just never got the impression that Lafayette would be all that surprised that a politician might be a hypocrite.
post #478 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yeah, I remember all of that. I just never got the impression that Lafayette would be all that surprised that a politician might be a hypocrite.

I don't think he was surprised at all. I think he saw a golden opportunity. Blackmailing a politician could lead to some serious cash - which in turn could allow him to go "legit" and stop selling drugs, "V" and sex.
post #479 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoq View Post

I don't think he was surprised at all. I think he saw a golden opportunity. Blackmailing a politician could lead to some serious cash - which in turn could allow him to go "legit" and stop selling drugs, "V" and sex.

That could be his motivation, but he seemed more genuinely pissed-off about it to me, as evidenced by his "oh no you dih-int" and throwing stuff at the TV.
post #480 of 3728 Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

That could be his motivation, but he seemed more genuinely pissed-off about it to me, as evidenced by his "oh no you dih-int" and throwing stuff at the TV.

Yes thats how I saw it. Here is a Politician who is against Vampires and Gays as he platform. Yet when hes alone he's Gay and does V.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page