post #721 of 3753 Old 06-26-2009, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtwstr View Post

Anyone else hear something about Evan Rachel Wood maybe joining TB? It was a passing comment on some show I had on in the background. If so... excellent

She was on Conan last night and said she is in a couple episodes at the "Vampire Queen" and that she has the longest fangs of any vampire on the show so far.

AVS Madden League - http://avsmadden.proboards.com

PSN - mrSM1TTY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3753 Old 06-26-2009, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Haha, I didn't read page 25 so I guess I'm not the first to reply! Looking forward to it though. Does she do nudity too?? I think it's a requirement to be a female actress on this show...

AVS Madden League - http://avsmadden.proboards.com

PSN - mrSM1TTY
post #723 of 3753 Old 06-26-2009, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Way down the line in the book series, heres a spoiler about the queen....

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  

In the book eventually the queen vamp looses both her legs and then after that she gets killed by another vamp.

But on a bright note the show seems to cater to characters that become popular with the audience. Just look a Lafyatte who is still on the show but in the book his body was the one found in the back of the detectives car.
post #724 of 3753 Old 06-26-2009, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mitty View Post

Haha, I didn't read page 25 so I guess I'm not the first to reply! Looking forward to it though. Does she do nudity too?? I think it's a requirement to be a female actress on this show...

Answer to your question:

Spoiler  

In the book she doesnt really get it on with anyone although it does go into detail talking about her having a past lesbo relation with sookies female cousin.
post #725 of 3753 Old 06-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Not going to read the spoilers, but since ERW has already done nudity in other stuff (Across the Universe comes to mind) I wouldn't be shocked!
post #726 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 06:48 AM

OK, so now we have

Mindreaders
Vampires
Shapeshifters
Hedonists (Maryanne) and
Bull-Men?
post #727 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreb View Post

OK, so now we have

Mindreaders
Vampires
Shapeshifters
Hedonists (Maryanne) and
Bull-Men?

wow. What an episode! Just what the heck is Maryanne, anyway?

p.s. I love her parties!!!

post #728 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtwstr View Post

Not going to read the spoilers, but since ERW has already done nudity in other stuff (Across the Universe comes to mind) I wouldn't be shocked![IMG]http://***************/9/P/i.jpg[/IMG]

I'm trying so hard not to...but the way the spoiler buttons are they are just asking to be touched..Still wouldn't mind being shocked either :P
post #729 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

looks like im causing trouble with the spoilers. sorry Im reading book 9 now in the series and its so hard not to point out what I know (specially where it seems to be differing from the actual show).

I havent found books 1-4 on audiobook (cd) (i read them) but I do have 5-8 on cd audiobooks and Im willing to pass them on after the wife finishes listening to them. If anyone is interested just send me a pm.
post #730 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 07:50 AM

At first I thought the bull monster was some form of warewolf, it would have been fitting to have warewolves existing in the show and my wife and I thought Sam was a warewolf before we found out he was a shape shifter. Now unless I'm mistaken when they were at Fangtasia it was the first time they made mention of Warewolves.

I think Maryanne was the bull creature only for the reason that she felt threatend that Sookie was going to steal Tara from her. However at the end of the episode we see the same claw marks on the waitress so maybe just maybe I'm mistaken.

I'm also somewhat dissapointed that Lafayette isn't a vampire but considering he would be Eriks property maybe its best hes not. (was waiting for Erik or one of his deciples to be waiting in Lafayettes place since Erik said he would let him go but never said he wouldn't go after him again)

Good episode.
post #731 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Bull-man/monster? Anyone here ever heard of a minotaur? Yeah, it doesn't live in a labyrinth, but still. There were lots of minotaurs in the last Chronicles of Narnia movie.
post #732 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

Bull-man/monster? Anyone here ever heard of a minotaur? Yeah, it doesn't live in a labyrinth, but still. There were lots of minotaurs in the last Chronicles of Narnia movie.

Nice try, but minotaurs also have horse like bodies. This creature looked like a man with large horns. It reminded me of "Legend".

Art
post #733 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Nice try, but minotaurs also have horse like bodies. This creature looked like a man with large horns. It reminded me of "Legend".

Art

Minotaur = cretan monster, half bull/half man, rumored to be the son of Zues with the Cretan Bull (ol' Zues wasn't a specist pig)...so half demi-god/half bull. Centaurs are half horse/half man and were a separate mythical race (Minnie was one of a kind). Anyway, I've got some thoughts on Maryanne...

Spoiler  
though folks have called her a Maenad, which was a group of religous nuts dedicated to Dionysus, mostly women, who partied hard and tended to do dirty deeds while performing their drunken orgies...she's exhibiting some of the traits of the greek witch Circe. Who could change men into animals, bewitch them and always had a table full great vittles setup to tempt and enchant through ingestion. Looks like the show is setting her up as a combination of both. I think the Minotaur is a creature transformed, aligned and bewitched by Maryanne. I predict he's Tara's new love interest. Time will tell.

just guesses, we'll see.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #734 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I havent watched last night's show yet but I did peek at Rons spoiler.
By the way mrtwstr & juda, I now see how tempting they are, I didnt last 10 seconds before I clicked on it.

Tru:Spoiler......................DO NOT CLICK ON IT
It answers the question about Maryannes character but of course that ruins the fun of further guessing about it.

Spoiler  

Maenad is the correct answer, at least as far as the book version. As Ron points out, the tv version does seem to have her portraying other traits that could be something completly different.

In the book she first came into the story (with her pig) attacking and near killing sookie while Bill was taking sookie to fangtasia for the first time.

She was forcing Erics clan to pay her tribute; which they agreed to do because she IS so powerful. She isnt actually in the story that much but does pop back in to a large party/buhaha and sort of becomes the judge/jury/executioner to a particular incident that was occurring. After that she departed from bon temps/shreveport for good. So she wasnt actually a permanent charcater. But again the tv characters seem to last longer when they have a good fan base

Nothing about Minotaurs in the book.

The Maryann/Tara connection is bewildering. The two had absolutely nothing to do with each other in the book(s) and I dont even have a guess at what the tv version is trying to set up with that. Tara by far seems to be the character differing the most from the book. So much different that I have to wonder how much of the overall story will need to change because of it.
post #735 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsHT View Post

Well I havent watched last nights show yet but did take a peep at Rons spoiler. BTW mrtwstr & juda, I now see how tempting they are and I didnt last 10 seconds before I caved and clicked on Ron's button.

Ok heres this weeks Tru:Spoiler

Note: DO NOT CLICK ON IT

It answers the question about Maryannes character but of course that ruins the fun of further guessing about it.

Spoiler  

Maenad is the correct answer.

In the book she first came into the story (with her pig) attacking and near killing sookie while Bill was taking sookie to fangtasia for the first time.

She was forcing Erics clan to pay her tribute; which they agreed to do because she IS so powerful. She isnt actually in the story that much but does pop back in to a large party/buhaha and sort of becomes the judge/jury/executioner to a particular incident that was occurring. After that she departed from bon temps/shreveport for good. So she wasnt actually a permanent charcater. But again the tv characters seem to last longer when they have a good fan base

Nothing about Minotaurs in the book.

The Maryann/Tara connection is bewildering. The two had absolutely nothing to do with each other in the book(s) and I dont even have a guess at what the tv version is trying to set up with that. Tara by far seems to be the character differing the most from the book. So much different that I have to wonder how much of the overall story will need to change because of it.

I ain't gonna do it... Tom my spoiler was put there to speculate on what the series characterization looks like to me, but that I felt should be kept dark until more have had a chance to watch. Yours need to be bracketed because they represent a much broader timeline and scope of book detail. Whether it gets incorporated or changed by the showrunners, it's too much information except for those that just have to know now.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #736 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

I ain't gonna do it...

did ya do it yet?

opps did clicking on the quote button display what was in the spoiler to you?
post #737 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 PM

I thought minotaur also. What is the waitress if she was able to survive an attack? Sookie could not be saved with Bill's blood and required a cranky old lady.

Definitely looking forward to Jason's romp with Sarah.
post #738 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregun View Post

I'm also somewhat dissapointed that Lafayette isn't a vampire but considering he would be Eriks property maybe its best hes not.

I'm not entirely convinced he's not. We'll see
post #739 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 65
OK, so our new ? is something a 1000 year old hasn't come across & his companions smell animal. The last second hanger dumps even more into the mix.

Hell of an episode.
post #740 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreb View Post

OK, so now we have

Mindreaders
Vampires
Shapeshifters
Hedonists (Maryanne) and
Bull-Men?

Don't forget to add Werewolves. Eric the vampire confirmed this when he was talking to Bill about the surgeon.

post #741 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Don't forget to add Werewolves. Eric the vampire confirmed this when he was talking to Bill about the surgeon.

The night Sam Merlotte accidentally came out the closet he told Sookie that werewolves exist. And that she did not want to know what else existed.
post #742 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM

Gosh I LOVE this show. Didn't know too much about it nor the books.

I ordered the twelve episode blu-ray disc set and zipped thru the first 12 episodes between last Thursday and this past Sunday.

I am absolutely hooked now. Now it appears I have missed the first two episodes of season two. Don't know if I should jump in and order HBO or wait for Season 2 to be released on blu-ray... Ugg.

I enjoyed this series more than any show I have seen in quite a while and I know I am a little late to the party but oh well... Newbie on board.

Rick
post #743 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by CETA1 View Post

I ordered the twelve episode blu-ray disc set and zipped thru the first 12 episodes between last Thursday and this past Sunday.

I am absolutely hooked now. Now it appears I have missed the first two episodes of season two. Don't know if I should jump in and order HBO or wait for Season 2 to be released on blu-ray... Ugg.

I enjoyed this series more than any show I have seen in quite a while and I know I am a little late to the party but oh well... Newbie on board.

Rick

Can't answer whether you should sub to HBO or not, but they are repeating the first three episodes of Season #2 this Sunday.
post #744 of 3753 Old 06-29-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Can't answer whether you should sub to HBO or not, but they are repeating the first three episodes of Season #2 this Sunday.

Excellent. Thanks. I will add HBO tomorrow and turn off Showtime for now which I have for Dexter.

Rick
post #745 of 3753 Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsHT View Post

did ya do it yet?

opps did clicking on the quote button display what was in the spoiler to you?

nope...I've got total self control...that's right...I sure do...total...well, maybe I'll read it tomorrow.

post #746 of 3753 Old 06-30-2009, 04:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
This was another excellent episode this week, particularly the creepy creature that nearly killed Sookie. Speaking of that attack, the nasty scars on the back of Sam's clueless new waitress make me think that she could have used the same sort of vampire blood treatment Sookie got after the creature attacked her.

Maryann continues to fascinate me. The wild revels that she hosts seem to be given in a spirit of deep malevolence. She is a scary lady! I suspect that the time will come when Maryann is pitted against Bill and maybe Eric, too. The wheels are really starting to spin.
post #747 of 3753 Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Rick

Not sure if your cable service is the same as mine but we have the on-demand channels and if you subscribe to HBO then you can watch the shows listed in the HBO section for free. You would have to keep an eye out to see if/when they list the first couple shows for viewing availability.
post #748 of 3753 Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Pure speculation/folklore so I won't even spoiler it... the Stag Horned God is a common mythological occurance. Also known as the White Stag in Celtic tradition, it is associated with Druidic ritual. The Faerie King (Oberon in "A Midsummer Night's Dream") also often wears the antlers of a stag, and is the leader of the Dark Hunt.

Now all that aside, I'm really hoping it's not Oberon

Excellent episode, though I admit I am bummed Lafayette isn't a vamp yet. Eric proved himself to be... really creepy. And the previews for next week make him even more so.
post #749 of 3753 Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

This was another excellent episode this week, particularly the creepy creature that nearly killed Sookie. Speaking of that attack, the nasty scars on the back of Sam's clueless new waitress make me think that she could have used the same sort of vampire blood treatment Sookie got after the creature attacked her.

Maryann continues to fascinate me. The wild revels that she hosts seem to be given in a spirit of deep malevolence. She is a scary lady! I suspect that the time will come when Maryann is pitted against Bill and maybe Eric, too. The wheels are really starting to spin.

The vampire blood only made Sookie recover more quickly. The magic potion from the little old lady and he pulling out that "stuff" is what saved Sookie. The first attempt with vampire blood did nothing. Although, we really don't know what would have happened to Sookie if the little old lady hadn't been involved, although she claimed she wouldn't have made it through. Maybe Daphne is what Sookie would have become - whatever it is. I'm sure we'll find out.

Also, I need to find me one of those parties.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #750 of 3753 Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Rick

Obviously, you'd have to subscribe to HBO in order to do this, but in addition to OnDemand, HBO will reair the first three eps of Season 2 this Sunday night (no new episode though, 4th of July weekend.)

Rocky
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page