post #181 of 3763 Old 09-22-2008, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vblyth View Post

Anybody else disappointed in the apparent demise of Dawn? Gonna miss seeing her.

Yes I will miss her assets and her wit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3763 Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I get the vibe that Jason is going to turn, not gay either....
post #183 of 3763 Old 09-23-2008, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I recorded all the shows so far and got caught up. I am actually liking this series. Didn't know what to think at first but now that I know they are going for some humor in it (at first I was like WTF) I am really into this series.

Does anyone know how it is doing in the ratings for HBO?

post #184 of 3763 Old 09-23-2008, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Does anyone know how it is doing in the ratings for HBO?

Good enough to be renewed for Season 2 by episode 2 already.

post #185 of 3763 Old 09-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Great episode... I think we know what demographic Jason targets on this show

I'm not complaining. The guy has a great body.
post #186 of 3763 Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegojoe View Post

The show is just a reflection of reality. If vampires showed up , they'd have to endure the same xenophobia any minority/sex/religious group etc. has to deal with in modern society.

Right. And not just reality at the moment, but how that reality is filtered through Ball's sensibilities (i.e. his being gay, which is something that should be taken into account).

If this show had been made in the 50's, the predominant metaphor might have been Communism/McCarthyism. In the 60's, race. Today, it's the gay issue. A hundred years from now, it could conceivably be about human clones, who knows. The bottom line remains the same, though. It's a show about "others" and how they fit into society and the discrimination, fueled by intolerance/hate/ignorance, faced when trying to become "mainstream."

At any rate, at whatever level one wants to view this show, whether it be simply as a campy vampire story or something with deeper social meaning, it has to be first and foremost entertaining. The show didn't hook me until this latest, third episode. There was more comedy, solid character development /interactions, and continued eye candy for all persuasions . It's way too early to tell if this show will equal "Six Feet Under" in substance, but hopefully it will continue to get better, if Ball's past work is any indication.
post #187 of 3763 Old 09-23-2008, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Good enough to renewed for Season 2 by episode 2 already.

Sweet! I was concerned it would go the way of so many shows lately. Now I can settle in and enjoy it that much more knowing it will be back.

post #188 of 3763 Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

There was also the matter of that little golden statuette [Paquin] won as Best Supporting Actress for The Piano back in '83. I think maybe the youngest ever...? That's the sort of thing that usually gets you noticed.

I think Tatum O'Neal still has that honor for her role in Peter Bogdanovich's wonderful film Paper Moon. She was 10 at the time.

I first enjoyed Anna Paquin's work in Fly Away Home, a really terrific family movie based on true events.
post #189 of 3763 Old 09-23-2008, 05:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I think Tatum O'Neal still has that honor for her role in Peter Bogdanovich's wonderful film Paper Moon. She was 10 at the time.

I first enjoyed Anna Paquin's work in Fly Away Home, a really terrific family movie based on true events.

As much as I enjoyed Tatum O'Neil and Ryan O'Neil in the movie, Paper Moon, I thought that Jodie Foster and Christopher Connelly, in the same roles in the TV series of the same name, were even better. That series failed, for reasons I never understood, but it made the 11 year old Foster a star for good reason.
post #190 of 3763 Old 09-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Advanced Member

What's up with the dog? something odd going on there.
post #191 of 3763 Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
They really pissed me off with the dog. I had just about decided that the bar owner was able to change into the dog and watch over Sookie. You never see them together, he has pictures of dogs all over, then the whole barking in his sleep thing, then bam, cut to a scene where he and the dog are together.

XBOX Live: SheriffTruman

Do you want a nice Keystone Jack panel behind your TV with HDMI, and Toslink? Check
post #192 of 3763 Old 09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L View Post

They really pissed me off with the dog. I had just about decided that the bar owner was able to change into the dog and watch over Sookie. You never see them together, he has pictures of dogs all over, then the whole barking in his sleep thing, then bam, cut to a scene where he and the dog are together.

Yeah, I know, I had the same feeling about Sam & the dog. So, they're not one and the same, but the dog still means something, right? Doubt it's Bill, either, since it clearly has an attachment to Sam. Or, maybe Sam "possesses" the dog from time to time but has no memory of it later.
post #193 of 3763 Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L View Post

then bam, cut to a scene where he and the dog are together.

Well he did call the dog "brother" ... although it could just be a red herring.
post #194 of 3763 Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 AM

No chance the bar owner is a werewolf? Or does the lore typically state that they do not get along with dogs?

We have vampires- will we have werewolves in this series as well?

In any case, I agree, there is something going on with the dog.
post #195 of 3763 Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Y View Post

No chance the bar owner is a werewolf? Or does the lore typically state that they do not get along with dogs?

We have vampires- will we have werewolves in this series as well?

In any case, I agree, there is something going on with the dog.

Didn't Sookie say something to Bill about werewolves, implying that they were just a silly fantasy...? And I don't know much about werewolf lore, but I would think they would get along, or at least be able to psychically control, dogs pretty well. I think Sam being a secret werewolf "commanding" his pet pooch to keep an eye on Sookie wouldn't be out of the ordinary for this show.
post #196 of 3763 Old 09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Yeah, I had thought about the werewolf angle but figures that might be a biot much for a show with a clarivoiant and vampires, but hey, it is not much of a leap I guess and no worse than him morphing into the dog.

XBOX Live: SheriffTruman

Do you want a nice Keystone Jack panel behind your TV with HDMI, and Toslink? Check
post #197 of 3763 Old 09-28-2008, 10:13 PM

Tonight's episode is making this series pretty darn good! Any Generation Kill fans here? Anyone notice "Sgt Colbert" as Eric Northman? He was the club owner at the vampire bar.

huh?
post #198 of 3763 Old 09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I knew Jason was a Grade A moron but getting high as they are hauling his ass to the police station. There just ain't a word for that kind of stupid.
post #199 of 3763 Old 09-29-2008, 04:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoon View Post

I knew Jason was a Grade A moron but getting high as they are hauling his ass to the police station. There just ain't a word for that kind of stupid.

What's the word for misinterpreting the scene?

The "V" blood does not make you "high"; it just gives you...um...remarkable sexual stamina, apparently. And he chugged it down and hid the empty vial between the seat cushions so the cops wouldn't find it on him. That, in itself, was probably a smart move since without any physical evidence, they couldn't hold him.

And Sam roiling around on the bed after sniffing the heck out of the linens is starting to lend more and more credence to the "Sam is a werewolf" theory, methinks.
post #200 of 3763 Old 09-29-2008, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And Sam roiling around on the bed after sniffing the heck out of the linens is starting to lend more and more credence to the "Sam is a werewolf" theory, methinks.

Yeah which will be fun to learn if there are more.

Also did anyone Watch the pre-release? One of the other things they removed from Episode one beside switching Tara was a woman who followed the dog. In fact when Sookie hit the guy it was she 'swamp woman' who caused the chain to wrap around her neck.
Just wondering if they removed or pushed back they story line.

post #201 of 3763 Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Watched the last 2 eps back-to-back last night. Hated seeing Dawn go, what a hottie. What a shame.

I like how they sent us one way a couple of times and then twisted us back the other. First, we were all pretty much certain that the bar-owner was the dog and vice-versa and then bam, they show them both together. Then it appeared that the bar-owner was the killer (stuffing the rubber gloves in his pocket before walking the obnoxious waitress out)...but then bam, they just show him using his gloves to get back into Dawn's house.

I also like the music choices so far too. "Oo-ooh, that smell" was perfect for the concluding scene last night.

This show is getting to be big fun. Big trashy fun.
post #202 of 3763 Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

I had an issue with that scene. In a murder investigation isn't it procedure to collect evidence? If so, why would the bedding still be on the bed?

I know it's a small town, and the real world isn't like CSI, but still that seems pretty basic.

Other than that, I enjoyed the show a lot.

Art

P.S. I wish I'd have had that power during a few traffic stops in my youth.
post #203 of 3763 Old 10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 68
True Blood has got me hooked now, tonight's ep was the best of the season so far to me.
post #204 of 3763 Old 10-06-2008, 12:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

True Blood has got me hooked now, tonight's ep was the best of the season so far to me.

Not sure it was the best episode over all but definitely the best cinematography so far.
post #205 of 3763 Old 10-06-2008, 04:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

True Blood is certainly still my favorite new show of the season, totally in spite of the fact I've read the books and have something of an idea where it is probably going.

- Tom

Why don't we power our electric cars from greener, cheaper
?

Tom Barry - Find my video filters at
post #206 of 3763 Old 10-06-2008, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not sure it was the best episode over all but definitely the best cinematography so far.

Beat me to it. Very good Cinematography but as always the history & background story keeps me watching. In a way almost shed a tear for Bill and Tara. Very entertaining.

post #207 of 3763 Old 10-06-2008, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess I just got comfortable with all the characters(which seems to be getting whittled down every week) last night,
post #208 of 3763 Old 10-06-2008, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

heh, Jason is by far the best and most interesting character...I bet he becomes a V-addict....

Good episode...definitely kept me interested...but they need to progress the plot with the dog more....

Josh
PSN: lax01
post #209 of 3763 Old 10-06-2008, 06:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Speaking of dogs, I think we got another big clue about Sam last night. He's not a werewolf but he was raised by wolves! That explains the sniffing fit at the end of the last episode, and how he's able to "command" his dog to keep an eye on Sookie. He's got this canine communication thing going on.

Can't believe sweet ol' Granny Stackhouse has been killed! Now Bill has lost a valuable ally in his quest to be accepted by normals, and Sookie and Jason have lost their anchor in an uncertain world. So who is responsible for these killings? My money's on Sam right now...
post #210 of 3763 Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Speaking of dogs, I think we got another big clue about Sam last night. He's not a werewolf but he was raised by wolves! That explains the sniffing fit at the end of the last episode, and how he's able to "command" his dog to keep an eye on Sookie. He's got this canine communication thing going on.

Can't believe sweet ol' Granny Stackhouse has been killed! Now Bill has lost a valuable ally in his quest to be accepted by normals, and Sookie and Jason have lost their anchor in an uncertain world. So who is responsible for these killings? My money's on Sam right now...

Another thing about Sam, Sookie said his thoughts seem to come in waves, with a word here and there, wonder if that has any significance? Seems like in the Pilot though she could read Sam's thoughts pretty clearly, when she told everybody to just shut up or something like that.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page