Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 309 Old 10-12-2008, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthemAZ.HDTV View Post

Fox Sports Net Arizona will be broadcasting a whopping 10 Phoenix Coyote games in HD.
http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=381098
10 HD games has been the norm for the past few years now.

Well now -- Fox Sports Arizona just added 10 more HD games to their Phoenix Coyote schedule.
http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=385908
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 309 Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings1914 View Post

New graphics on FSN Detroit.....any other FSN's have new ones?

Based on the highlights I've seen on NHL Network and the games I've seen on the free NHL CI preview, most of them do.
post #183 of 309 Old 10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
From looking at the Comcast iguide for tonight, it looks like we are getting our first ever NHL Center Ice game in HD - channel 771.
post #184 of 309 Old 10-17-2008, 07:07 PM

Liked: 10
Anyone else on Time Warner in Queens not getting the Game HD channel? I called up and was told something about contracts.
post #185 of 309 Old 10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Does it bug folks that we get the HD Rogers Sportsnet Edmonton/Calgary replay on NHL Network HD and it's not in HD live on NHL Center Ice, I swear it looked like a YouTube video feed last night I could not even watch it.
post #186 of 309 Old 10-18-2008, 09:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

Based on the highlights I've seen on NHL Network and the games I've seen on the free NHL CI preview, most of them do.

I think they all have the new graphics.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #187 of 309 Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehren View Post

Does it bug folks that we get the HD Rogers Sportsnet Edmonton/Calgary replay on NHL Network HD and it's not in HD live on NHL Center Ice, I swear it looked like a YouTube video feed last night I could not even watch it.

The SD Rogers Sportsnet games always seem to look worse than most of the others on Center Ice.
post #188 of 309 Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic HD is showing tonight's Caps @ Flames game in widescreen SD. It actually looks pretty good. This is a game that wasn't supposed to be in HD in the first place, so hopefully they plan to do this for all the games that aren't already scheduled to be in true HD. They televised the JMU @ Richmond football game in widescreen SD a couple weekends ago, as well.
post #189 of 309 Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Watching Wild (ugliest jerseys ever) against Blackhawks (best looking jerseys ever) on Versus. The score bar graphic at the top of the screen drives me nuts. It hangs so low I feel like I have obstructed view with a girder I have to duck under to see. The camera doesn't frame it correctly either so the players heads are often cutoff by the score bar. Although the part of the screen I could see, the PQ was great on D*.
post #190 of 309 Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree 100% on the graphic at the top. They need to get rid of the gray at the top and just let the scores float like most other networks. I doubt Versus would ever go with something ideal like what FSN uses, but not losing 20% of the picture would be a good start.

Does anyone else see "ghosting" on the breaks in the glass when the camera pans side to side? I can't say I've ever seen it on any channel except Versus, but it was there both on my old provider (Cox) and my current provider (FiOS).
post #191 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 AM

Anybody have any audio issues with that Wild game on VS last night? I'm in the Twin cities and have comcast and audio kept cracking up. Also my UHD channel is all messed up. All my other HD channels are fine. Thanks
post #192 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz View Post

I agree 100% on the graphic at the top. They need to get rid of the gray at the top and just let the scores float like most other networks. I doubt Versus would ever go with something ideal like what FSN uses, but not losing 20% of the picture would be a good start.

Does anyone else see "ghosting" on the breaks in the glass when the camera pans side to side? I can't say I've ever seen it on any channel except Versus, but it was there both on my old provider (Cox) and my current provider (FiOS).

coyoteaz: Yes, yes I do see the ghosting on both the breaks in the glass and on most of the painted blue lines. I thought it was a Comcast issue and so I was surprised to see it last night on FiOS -- the FiOS feed is about 18-19Mbps, the Comcast feed was only about 14-15Mbps. So then I figured it was a TV issue, but I don't have the same ghosting on CSN's hockey coverage. So then I figured I was going insane... Thank you so much for confirming that it's not my TV, and thank you for confirming that I'm not insane! If you think it might be my TV, I have an HD CRT, the Sony KV-34HS420.
post #193 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 AM

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-...e-verizon.html

Fantastic news for FiOS customers... NHL Network HD is launching on FiOS "in the coming days"!!!
post #194 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAnnapolis View Post

coyoteaz: Yes, yes I do see the ghosting on both the breaks in the glass and on most of the painted blue lines. I thought it was a Comcast issue and so I was surprised to see it last night on FiOS -- the FiOS feed is about 18-19Mbps, the Comcast feed was only about 14-15Mbps. So then I figured it was a TV issue, but I don't have the same ghosting on CSN's hockey coverage. So then I figured I was going insane... Thank you so much for confirming that it's not my TV, and thank you for confirming that I'm not insane! If you think it might be my TV, I have an HD CRT, the Sony KV-34HS420.

My TV is an LCD, Samsung LNT-4065, so I strongly doubt it's related to a specific TV or technology. I don't think it's inherent artifact of 1080i either, because I never saw it on NBC's NHL broadcasts (never had a chance to watch HDNet's). Maybe someone with a contact at Versus or the NHL can find out what's going on, or at least inform them of the issue.
post #195 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:

My TV is an LCD, Samsung LNT-4065, so I strongly doubt it's related to a specific TV or technology. I don't think it's inherent artifact of 1080i either, because I never saw it on NBC's NHL broadcasts (never had a chance to watch HDNet's). Maybe someone with a contact at Versus or the NHL can find out what's going on, or at least inform them of the issue.

That's what I thought. For what it's worth, CSN is 1080i in my area, and I definitely do not notice these artifacts on CSN. I too have never seen HDNet's NHL coverage, and I do think we've missed out there...

I second the request for a contact at Versus or the NHL... maybe Mr. Paul Kukla will come to the rescue? *cough cough*
post #196 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I just got Center Ice package. I have Time Warner Cable in the Poughkeepsie NY area, and they have Zero HD coverage.

I am a Penguins fan, and I also wanted to get other games for my Fantasy League coverage.

Thing that kills me is that Directv gets dual feeds, and some HD content, while time warner simply offers SD and whatever feed they get, thats it.

If I didn't love Tivo HD, I would have Direct tv by now.

It's like a huge deal when VS HD covers the pens or they play the rangers, (i get msg HD and msg plus HD here in NY, of course)

Maybe I should move to pittsburgh lol.
post #197 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The Puck Drops Here: Verizon FiOS TV Customers Get Front Row Seats to Hard-Hitting Hockey Action With 'NHL Center Ice' and 'NHL Network'

Agreement Brings FiOS TV Customers HD Programming for This Year's Fast-Paced NHL Season

October 28, 2008

NEW YORK - For die-hard hockey fans there is no such thing as watching too much hockey. Verizon is helping these fans get even more hockey programming, by adding NHL Center Ice to the FiOS TV lineup. Also, Verizon will launch the NHL Network in the coming days.

NHL Center Ice is a subscription sports package that includes up to 40 out-of-market NHL games per week and select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. As an added bonus, Verizon will broadcast select NHL Center Ice games in high definition (HD). The price is $169 for the entire season.

NHL Network is the first 24-hour network dedicated to the National Hockey League, with unprecedented access to the most comprehensive hockey coverage both on and off the ice. NHL Network will broadcast 75 live regular-season games in 2008-09 - all in HD. The programming brings hockey fans inside the game by offering original programming, documentaries, unparalleled analysis and highlights, live events, and the best in vintage games and features. The network's signature daily live highlight show, "NHL On The Fly," airs nightly throughout the hockey season.

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-...e-verizon.html
post #198 of 309 Old 10-28-2008, 04:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I see the "ghosting" you mention in tonight's Flyers/Thrashers game via your old provider, Cox. (How's DFW treating you, eh? )
post #199 of 309 Old 11-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am in the so cal area with Time Warner, just subscribed to NHL Center Ice, and get none of the games in HD even though the schedule says they are broadcasting them in HD. Are they on a separate channel, or should I be getting them in HD on the same 700s channels?

I called Time Warner, but the guy had no idea.

Thanks
Alex
post #200 of 309 Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413X3 View Post

I am in the so cal area with Time Warner, just subscribed to NHL Center Ice, and get none of the games in HD even though the schedule says they are broadcasting them in HD. Are they on a separate channel, or should I be getting them in HD on the same 700s channels?

Thanks
Alex

check your lineup for GAMEHD - find your local TWC region thread and ask there if you cant find it.
post #201 of 309 Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 413X3 View Post

Thanks
Alex

For cable you would receive a separate GAMEHD channel which would air the HD games. Chances are your cable company does not carry the GAMEHD channel InDemand provides.
post #202 of 309 Old 11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by owine View Post

For cable you would receive a separate GAMEHD channel which would air the HD games. Chances are your cable company does not carry the GAMEHD channel InDemand provides.

Don't assume that.
Many Time Warner regions have added it.
post #203 of 309 Old 11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Man just to get the SD quality versions of NHL games on FIOS is amazing I bet. Ahhh the Primestar PQ quality days I miss.

I have Gamecaster on NHL.com and the 1200k feeds look ****ing better than Dishnetwork SD!
post #204 of 309 Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

FiOS uses the same mux from iN DEMAND that every other terrestrial provider uses for NHL CI.
post #205 of 309 Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAnnapolis View Post

That's what I thought. For what it's worth, CSN is 1080i in my area, and I definitely do not notice these artifacts on CSN. I too have never seen HDNet's NHL coverage, and I do think we've missed out there...

I second the request for a contact at Versus or the NHL... maybe Mr. Paul Kukla will come to the rescue? *cough cough*

I personally think Versus has more problems than just these artifacts. The camerawork last night for Buffalo at NJ was just about the worst I have ever seen for a hockey game. The camera was way too zoomed in so it was hard to tell what was going on. When a power play is set up, you should be able to see both point men on the screen at the same time which was not possible last night. Being too zoomed in also resulted in lots of jerky camera moves to try to find the puck since it constantly left the picture. This was the first Versus game I have seen this season, I will now stick to CI games and avoid Versus, it is pretty sad when the RSNs do a much better job than the NHL's national carrier.
post #206 of 309 Old 11-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Aro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokar View Post

I personally think Versus has more problems than just these artifacts. The camerawork last night for Buffalo at NJ was just about the worst I have ever seen for a hockey game. The camera was way too zoomed in so it was hard to tell what was going on. When a power play is set up, you should be able to see both point men on the screen at the same time which was not possible last night. Being too zoomed in also resulted in lots of jerky camera moves to try to find the puck since it constantly left the picture. This was the first Versus game I have seen this season, I will now stick to CI games and avoid Versus, it is pretty sad when the RSNs do a much better job than the NHL's national carrier.

Really makes you miss HDNet's coverage, doesn't it?
post #207 of 309 Old 11-04-2008, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro View Post

Really makes you miss HDNet's coverage, doesn't it?

They were simply the best by far in terms of PQ and with DD 5.1 they offered what no one else has ever offered, even NBC's 5.1 wasn't near as good.
post #208 of 309 Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokar View Post

FWIW, the ghosting artifacts are still there. And yes, they do need to zoom out a bit. There were a few times I found myself moving my head around hoping that I'd get a "better view"... it's a TV... it's not going to work... anyway your points are all very valid.

I was never lucky enough to see NHL on HDNet. I'd never really seen HDNet at all until a week and a half ago.

My RSN (Comcast Sportsnet Midatlantic) generally does a really good job -- much better than Versus. Maybe next time Joe B is over there, he can bring some technical tips along with him?
post #209 of 309 Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I live in NY and MSG HD does a really good job. Picture quality is great, nice camera work. They tend to stay spanned out, showing most of the ice from far. I think that works best with hockey though.

Since I am a Pens fan...this all means jack.....

Center Ice in SD....
post #210 of 309 Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

The Avalanche and Oilers game on The NHL network HD is NOT in HD from the main camera at center ice. What is idiotic is the on ice cameras in the corners ARE in HD. WHy is the main camera in SD?
Closed Thread HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page