The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network HD 10/3 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 217 Old 09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 93
They had originally said they wanted to do 5 seasons & since this is only 3 not even halfway there yet so thats good.

Yea Ahsoka's fate is not looking good but they should get some great stories out of it at least.

On the bluray they have about an 8 minute extra for each episode & its usually Filoni & someone connected to that episode & yea he gives great insight into the thoughts going into that particular ep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 217 Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I pre ordered the bluray off of Amazon this week. So I look forward to rewatching Season 2 again. Look forward to seeing the new season.
post #183 of 217 Old 09-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Is anyone having a big reception problem tonight with cartoon net HD? I have DirecTV and this channel is breaking up as if I have heavy rain, but the sky is clear.

This is the only channel having problems for me.

UPDATE: ok - after 16 minutes, it cleared up and now appears perfect. Too bad I missed 1/2 of clone wars. Thankfully it will be repeated later this weekend.

John
post #184 of 217 Old 09-25-2010, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

^^
Yep had same problem when i checked it on my dvr this morning....i saw that & i always think its a problem with me but it wasnt.

Dvrd the 9:30 showing this morning & it was ok.

post #185 of 217 Old 10-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow, I thought my issue was local weather, but that is exactly what happened to me as well. I re-recorded it at a different time as well.

Peace,

DM
post #186 of 217 Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 169
TV Notes
Remaking Wookiee: Chewbacca Becomes a Character on Star Wars: The Clone Wars'
By Dave Itzkoff, The New York Times' 'Arts Beat' Blog - February 17th, 2011

Chewie, is that you? In this case, the answer is a resounding Rrrrrrrowwwwr, which we're fairly certain means yes.

Chewbacca, the wild and wooly Wookiee who fought at Han Solo's side through the three original Star Wars movies, will appear in the two-part season finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the Cartoon Network animated series, with some assistance from Peter Mayhew, the actor who has portrayed Chewbacca in George Lucas's live-action films.

The powers that be needed Wookiees, Mr. Mayhew said in a recent telephone interview from California, and they found, right, There's a Wookiee waiting. We'll see if he's available.' We were available.

Though Lucasfilm Animation is keeping specific plot details under wraps, the Clone Wars finale, scheduled for April 1, will see Chewbacca cross paths with Ahsoka Tano, the Jedi apprentice to Anakin Skywalker (a k a the future Darth Vader). To prepare for these episodes, titled Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt, the Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni and his team of animators and artists delved into the Lucasfilm archives for original Chewbacca reference materials and costumes, and invited Mr. Mayhew to their studios in Marin County, north of San Francisco, to advise them on the process of bringing Chewie to digital life.

They had maquettes and drawings, said Mr. Mayhew, who stands 7-foot-3 and speaks in a voice that is much more melodic than his character's. But remember that Chewie has a peculiar walk which is unique to me. The whole body language is there, even the head movements and eye movements especially. When he's mad, the eyes come open and the jaw starts working, and consequently you can't do this unless you've actually got it on tape, to watch it, slow it down and animate it.

Mr. Mayhew, who spent most of his life in Britain and now resides in Texas, developed the physical vocabulary of Chewbacca over the course of Star Wars (released in 1977) and its sequels The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, all while wearing a costume made originally from knitted mohair and yak hair.

As Mr. Mayhew recalled, his Chewbacca regalia was not awkward, but it's energy-consumption-ing. He added: It takes a lot of energy to get that costume. Stormtroopers, right, it's a piece of plastic. Chewie is slightly different.

For the 2005 prequel film Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, in which Mr. Mayhew reprised the character, a new Chewbacca costume was created. It was a lot better because we had a coolant suit, Mr. Mayhew said. So within 30 seconds of finishing filming, we get the cool suit on, and it would make cooling very, very much quicker than it had been in the past.

To portray Chewbacca for The Clone Wars, Mr. Mayhew was not required to don the outfit at all. (I was doing it in my own clothing, he said.) However, he did record dialogue for the character, having learned over the years to emulate the blend of bear growls and other animal noises used to create Chewie's voice.

Lucasfilm hasn't said yet if Chewbacca will return for future episodes of The Clone Wars, but Mr. Mayhew said he was happy to have been so closely associated with the character for nearly 35 years.

I always reckon that I've got the best job in the world, he said, purely because I know what I'm talking about, it's a pleasure to talk and you get paid for doing it. So that can't be bad, can it?

At this point, nobody can reasonably argue with Mr. Mayhew about how Chewbacca should be played. And, he added, Nobody wants their arms pulled out, either.

Watch a trailer for Chewbacca's appearance in the season finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars [CLICK LINK BELOW]:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ref=television
post #187 of 217 Old 02-19-2011, 01:11 PM

"Padawan Lost" - hhmm...is this the end of Ahsoka or another trick title? Guess we'll have to to wait to find out.

John
post #188 of 217 Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I hope not and wouldn't think so for two reasons:
1: She's a likable, mainstream character who has participated from the start of the Clone Wars.
2: If Lucasfilm is going to actually produce the number of shows previously mentioned within this thread, one would think it's currently a bit early to kill/remover her character.

But like you said, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5810 View Post

"Padawan Lost" - hhmm...is this the end of Ahsoka or another trick title? Guess we'll have to to wait to find out.

post #189 of 217 Old 02-19-2011, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Doesn't necessarily mean permanently lost. (Sorry, Ahsoka haters.)

This season sure is better now than when it began.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #190 of 217 Old 02-20-2011, 11:03 AM

I like Ahsoka. But, we know something happens since she wasn't present or even mentioned (that I remember) in Revenge of the Sith. I hope that is addressed before the SERIES finale.

John
post #191 of 217 Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 29
My guess is that she will be sticking around at least through two thirds of the planned episodes. They can't kill her off in the last episode otherwise it wouldn't make sense that she wasn't mentioned in Sith.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #192 of 217 Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Tonight's episode featured "Captain Tarkan". I am assuming he is the same person as Grand Moff Tarkin who blows up Alderan in the original movie (episode 4 A New Hope). Is he a good guy in the Clone Wars and switches to the dark side later like Anakin, or is he secretly already on the dark side like Palpatine?

How can we say "the digital transition is complete" when thousands of low power stations are still broadcasting in analog?
LOW POWER ANALOG NEEDS TO DIE NOW!!!
post #193 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 08:18 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hawk View Post

Tonight's episode featured "Captain Tarkan". I am assuming he is the same person as Grand Moff Tarkin who blows up Alderan in the original movie (episode 4 A New Hope). Is he a good guy in the Clone Wars and switches to the dark side later like Anakin, or is he secretly already on the dark side like Palpatine?

Unless I'm missing something, he is a simply a soldier that takes orders from Palpatine. Looks like he started out as a dick from the beginning. :-)

jdg
post #194 of 217 Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Same person and they are making him out to be bad from the beginning.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #195 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Battle Lines Are Drawn In All-New Season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Premiering on Cartoon Network, Friday, September 16, 8 p.m. (ET/PT)

Full Night of New Episodes of Favorite Animated Action Shows Culminates with
One-Hour Season Premiere of Lucasfilm Animation Hit Series

Following the excitement of a thrilling season three finale that brought back one of the most beloved characters in the Star Wars universe, Cartoon Network today announced that Star Wars: The Clone Wars will premiere 22 all-new episodes for Season Four of the critically acclaimed CG-animated series from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation. The special, one-hour Season Four premiere event of Star Wars: The Clone Wars airs Friday, September 16, at 8 p.m. (et/pt).

The Season Three finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars on April 8 was the #1 Friday telecast versus all television among boys 6-11 and 9-14, propelling Cartoon Network's Friday night action block to the #1 television destination for boys 6-11, 2-11 and 9-14. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a thrilling, weekly 30-minute mini-movie created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation. Season Four: Battle Lines promises to continue the saga that Star Wars fans of all ages have grown to love, with the most fearless heroes and evilest bad guys returning for an action-packed season of fun and adventure.

As the heroic Jedi Knights and their clone army fight to preserve order, their efforts continue to be met with strong resistance from the massive Separatist droid army. Escalating and expanding into uncharted corners of the galaxy, the scope and scale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars continue to grow - with exotic adventures and enhanced animation strengthening ties to the Star Wars saga. Within the galactic battle, fearsome foes from the past return to settle the score. As unexpected alliances are formed on both sides of the battle, the action explodes and the course of the war takes an unforeseen turn!

Critically-acclaimed and unlike any other animated show on television, Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Four: Battle Lines brings viewers right up to the front-lines of the massive galactic conflict, revealing the stories that forged the Star Wars galaxy.

In addition to a new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Friday, Sept. 16 marks the return of all-new episodes of favorite action series from Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation. Batman is back to team up with his crime-fighting friends in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, followed by the teenage superheroes of Young Justice. 15-year-old Rex is back to battle evil mutants in Generator Rex and mega-star Ben Tennyson readies his Omnitrix in Ben 10: Ultimate Alien.

· Batman: The Brave and the Bold (6 p.m. ET/PT) - Scorn of the Star Sapphire! - Batman and Hal Jordan work to take down Green Lantern's greatest enemy, Star Sapphire. Hal Jordan is the only one who knows her secret identity.

· Young Justice (6:30 p.m. ET/PT) - Targets - Red Arrow's battle to prevent the League of Shadows from inciting a war, pits him against the world's most dangerous assassins - and allies him with someone more dangerous still. Too bad Aqualad couldn't convince him to ask The Team for help

· Generator Rex (7 p.m. ET/PT) - Night Falls - Caesar takes Rex to visit a family friend back in Mexico where they are met with cold suspicion and a dark secret.

· Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (7:30 p.m. ET/PT) - The Purge - Old George, THE Forever Knight, re-ignites a war against all aliens on Earth!

· Star Wars: The Clone Wars (8 p.m. ET/PT) - Water War and Gungan Attack - In the first two episodes of this three-part story arc, the inhabitants of the watery world of Mon Calamari find themselves on the brink of a civil war. The Jedi soon realize they will need the help of a powerful and amphibious ally to stop the war and drive out the Separatist invaders.

http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...k-sept-16-2011

post #196 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 AM

Well this season seems to be getting started on the right foot judging from the description but if I have to put up with another half season of boring galactic senate theater there will be trouble.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #197 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

No coincidence it starts the same day that the star wars 6ology comes out on blu.

Wish cartoon didnt crop this show though as the bluray seasons look really nice in the 2.35 format.

post #198 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I'd like for Fios to finally get around offering CN in HD....maybe someday but not this day.
post #199 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
I'd like for Fios to finally get around offering CN in HD....maybe someday but not this day.
Yeah been really peeved FIOS doesn't have this in HD yet. I've been waiting until the Blurays show up. SO much better than SD.

Derek
post #200 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Hmmmm. Calamari, will eat this up. I just don't like half hour shows.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #201 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post
I just don't like half hour shows.
Really ? Never heard that one before.

Well like the article says the 1st night is 2 episodes back to back so that will be 1 hr.

+ its a 3 episode arc that concludes the following week so you could dvr the 3 & it would be like a 1.5 hour tv show.

post #202 of 217 Old 08-16-2011, 05:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

That part is great, it's later. Only half hour. So I DVR them

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #203 of 217 Old 09-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

So what do you all think of the first few episodes this season? For me, though the episodes are not the last word in plot or character depth (but also no worse than the Star Wars movies episodes IV-VI), in terms of action and cinematography I don't recall anything better from other Sci-fi TV shows in recent memory.

In summary: Not terribly deep but fun, entertaining, and wonderful to look at-At least in HD on the Cartoon Network.
post #204 of 217 Old 09-24-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elockett View Post

So what do you all think of the first few episodes this season? For me, though the episodes are not the last word in plot or character depth (but also no worse than the Star Wars movies episodes IV-VI), in terms of action and cinematography I don't recall anything better from other Sci-fi TV shows in recent memory.

In summary: Not terribly deep but fun, entertaining, and wonderful to look at-At least in HD on the Cartoon Network.

Between football & the star wars blurays they are still sitting on my dvr.

Also didnt you mean eps I,II,III ?

I like the PTs though....sometimes just wanna see cool CG & things blow up you know.

post #205 of 217 Old 09-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Between football & the star wars blurays they are still sitting on my dvr.

Also didnt you mean eps I,II,III ?

I like the PTs though....sometimes just wanna see cool CG & things blow up you know.

Opinions on this point will vary with the viewer of course, but personally I thought episodes I-III of the Star Wars movies were a bit deeper in terms of plot and character development than IV-VI.
post #206 of 217 Old 08-25-2012, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

a New Timeslot and an Awesome Sith Battle!

Sidious isn't sitting on the sidelines anymore.
by Eric Goldman AUGUST 24, 2012

Star Wars: The Clone Wars had its Season 5 premiere tonight at Star Wars Celebration VI. And while I will be holding my full review of that premiere until it actually airs, I will say that it is a very cool, action-packed season opener, that continues that Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul & Savage Opress drama that was in play when Season 4 ended.

After the screening, there was a Q&A with The Clone Wars’ supervising director, Dave Filoni and the voice of Darth Maul, Sam Witwer. But Filoni also had another surprise in his pocket – as the Q&A ended, he revealed we would be seeing the brand new trailer for The Clone Wars: Season 5.

The trailer will be playing again tomorrow at the full Clone Wars panel at Star Wars Celebration (and likely will be online within the next few days), but I have to note a couple of highlights from it...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Namely, Darth Sidious fighting Darth Maul and Savage Opress! This was the part where the audience lost it. We’ve seen the holographic version of Sidious on The Clone Wars (and plenty more of his alter-ego, Palpatine), but in Season 5, it’s clear Sidious gets into the thick of it. Filoni had previously indicated the fact that they wouldn’t ignore how many Dark Side Force users/Sith are in play and how that violates the rule of two. And the trailer shows Sidious taking on both his former apprentice, Maul, and Maul’s brother, using two red lightsabers!

That footage definitely stole the show, but there was a lot of other cool moments as well, including Maul battling Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla and Maul also leading a group of Death Watch himself. There were moments indicating a big rift in Death Watch and the potential for all out war among the Mandalorians, as Vizsla talks about resorting them to the warriors they once were. The Death Watch vs. Death Watch aspect was previously hinted at in the below scene from Season 5, released at Comic-Con, which also shows Obi-Wan gets very mixed up in this scenario.

The end of the trailer also revealed both The Clone Wars premiere date and its new timeslot: Season 5 will premiere on September 29th, as the show moves from Friday nights to Saturday mornings at 9:30am.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/25/star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-5-trailer-reveals-premiere-date-a-new-timeslot-and-an-awesome-sith-battle

post #207 of 217 Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

PR: “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” Returns for Season 5 on Cartoon Network; Enters Syndication Nationwide

August 29, 2012 by Ed Liu

The Epic Saga Continues as Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™

Returns for its Fifth Season on Cartoon Network and

Enters Syndication Nationwide

This September, the Critically Acclaimed Series from Lucasfilm Animation Returns for Season Five, while Seasons One and Two Enter Syndication Across the Nation.

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (August 28, 2012) – Following an impressive fourth season* full of surprises, the spectacular action and riveting story of Star Wars: The Clone Wars intensifies in Season Five on Cartoon Network at a new day and time. Starting September 29, 2012 at 9:30 am, the classic heroes and villains of the world famous Star Wars Saga continue their adventures as The Clone Wars moves to Cartoon Network’s action series Saturday mornings.

The shadow of the dark side falls upon Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Five as the series moves closer to the grim events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The big-screen action, unforgettable characters, and rousing adventure of the Star Wars Saga continue, as Jedi heroes face a galaxy of foes. With unparalleled visuals, sound, action and adventure, Star Wars: The Clone Wars continues the cinematic saga with the equivalent of a short animated Star Wars movie each week. Season Five is filled with explosive action, exotic worlds, intriguing characters and shocking turns as several major players face their destinies as the galaxy plunges into darkness.

In addition to its bold new episodes, the celebrated stories of the series’ first two seasons will premiere in domestic syndication, marking its first appearance ever on U.S. broadcast television. Now, Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be available to a whole new audience, as well as provide an additional destination for its already loyal viewers to relive the amazing saga from its beginning. For a listing of participating stations, visit www.starwars.com as the September launch approaches.

* The Season Four finale was the #1 watched telecast of the day versus all of television among boys 9-14, and #1 for its timeslot among boys 6-11.

http://www.toonzone.net/2012/08/pr-star-wars-the-clone-wars-returns-for-season-5-on-cartoon-network-enters-syndication-nationwide/

post #208 of 217 Old 09-04-2012, 10:41 AM

Given "* The Season Four finale was the #1 watched telecast of the day versus all of television among boys 9-14, and #1 for its timeslot among boys 6-11.
", I'm kinda curious as to why they dropped the evening showing.

jdg
post #209 of 217 Old 03-05-2013, 06:38 AM

Well, with this season's finale I guess we now know why Ahsoka is not Anakin's padawan in the theatrical movie.

John
post #210 of 217 Old 03-05-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Good thing, too. They've never really developed her character so it's no big loss.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page