post #541 of 1240 Old 10-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I used to like Juice .. but I guess there simply is no honor left in most all of SAMCRO ..

Not sure I agree with that. Ope and Chibs? They are still standing strong towing the line. Bobby too for the most part (albeit he's biding his time to take down Clay I think). Same with Piney who, along with Chibs, is probably the only one truly standing on his own to defend the Club's "standards".

I must say, though, if they off Dr. Tara that would be EXTREME...and in no way surprising for a show that seems to take us where most would think is out-of-bounds. Considering all that went down with "The Shield" in the final season, I see no reason why these writers/producers would hesitate to make a similar statement-move like that in this show. Great stuff!

Big Dumb Mammal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1240 Old 10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 161
TV Notes
FX renews 'Sons of Anarchy' for a fifth season
By Yvonne Villareal, Los Angeles Times' 'Show Tracker' Blog - October 17th, 2011

FX has renewed "Sons of Anarchy" for a fifth season Kurt Sutter, where's the profanity-laced celebratory tweet??

The network has ordered 13 new episodes of the biker drama. Now in its fourth season, "Sons of Anarchy" has averaged 5.8 million viewers since its impressive Sept. 7 premiere, according to the network.

Everyone at FX is very grateful to Kurt Sutter, his many writing, directing and producing collaborators and his masterful cast for making such a compelling and beautifully crafted show, network President John Landgraf said in a statement. It is no small challenge to bring the themes of a great, ancient play like Hamlet into a wholly original television setting and to tell this complex story in a way that is both riveting and accessible to a broad audience. The fans know how beautifully 'SOA' meets this challenge, and we thank them for their loyal and passionate viewership.

Seven new episodes remain in the current season.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...th-season.html
post #543 of 1240 Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The club is spiraling out of control in a hurry.

It sounded to me like the tree limb broke and he fell to the ground after the fade to black.
post #544 of 1240 Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 AM
TJH

Liked: 10
I thought I heard the same thing with the branch break and juice hitting the ground. Will have to go look at it again.

Just when you think this show cannot get more intense! whos next on the chopping block, Piney, Bobby, Tara, Unser? I cannot beleive they have six more episodes. Seems like the S**t will have to hit the fan very soon.
Tara is very close to spilling the letters to Jack. Great stuff.
post #545 of 1240 Old 10-19-2011, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Thought Juice was going to confess to Clay when he sat down. What was the patch.. "Men of Mayhem"? Hope the branch theory is right, hes is a good character..

post #546 of 1240 Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Thought Juice was going to confess to Clay when he sat down. What was the patch.. "Men of Mayhem"? Hope the branch theory is right, hes is a good character..

Agreed. Great character arch. With the opening scene of him saying a few words/prayers over the unmarked grave was actually pretty moving.

Big Dumb Mammal
post #547 of 1240 Old 10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
So what's Unser's motive with the note? Just to warn Tara and put a wrench in Clay's plan, or is there something else up his sleeve I'm missing?

And are we seeing Eli waver a little bit, wrt his law 'n order earnestness? Will he end up helping the club?
post #548 of 1240 Old 10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

What was the patch.. "Men of Mayhem"?

You get it when you kill someone on behalf of the club.
post #549 of 1240 Old 10-19-2011, 08:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

So what's Unser's motive with the note? Just to warn Tara and put a wrench in Clay's plan, or is there something else up his sleeve I'm missing?

The idea would be to focus as much external attention on her as possible, for her protection.
post #550 of 1240 Old 10-20-2011, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Having Juice dead now would put an end to a big subplot they have going now. I didn't notice/hear the limb break but I'd be more surprised is Juice really is dead. And it looks like Eli may now have a hand in the eventual demise of the Fed Agent if Sons, the show, keeps true to form. At the beginning of the season I thought Eli would be the "bad guy" we grow to despise.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #551 of 1240 Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 562
I played back the ending a few times last night and there is definitely a cracking / wood splitting type noise in the back ground .. whether that means Juice lives, I have no idea ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #552 of 1240 Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Didn't hear the tree limb crack after Juice jumped but I was surprised that he didn't die instantly of a broken neck. In retrospect, I figure this means he survived. I agree with the theory that Unser's motive in putting the death threat note in Tara's car was to make it harder for Clay, and Jemma presumably, to kill Tara and Jax.

Linc Potter, the assistant USDA who victimized Juice, is every bit as ruthless as Agent June Stahl was. I am developing a strong suspicion that Potter is going to end up like Stahl, dead at the hands of one of the Sons, Juice perhaps.

Just when I think Sons of Anarchy can't get any darker or uglier, it does.
post #553 of 1240 Old 10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Stahl and now Potter have raised a question in my mind .. are their actions indicative of what really takes place on investigations of this type .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #554 of 1240 Old 10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I think Juice lives, PM me for proof..or look at the promo clip for next week..

post #555 of 1240 Old 10-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

I played back the ending a few times last night and there is definitely a cracking / wood splitting type noise in the back ground .. whether that means Juice lives, I have no idea ..

The closed captioning at the very end said something like "(branch breaking)".
post #556 of 1240 Old 10-20-2011, 01:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

Having Juice dead now would put an end to a big subplot they have going now. I didn't notice/hear the limb break but I'd be more surprised is Juice really is dead. And it looks like Eli may now have a hand in the eventual demise of the Fed Agent if Sons, the show, keeps true to form. At the beginning of the season I thought Eli would be the "bad guy" we grow to despise.

I agree that Juice's survival could add so much to the story, it seems unlikely that the writers actually killed him off.

I also agree that Sheriff's Lieutenant Eli Roosevelt may indeed play a part in bringing down Linc Potter. Unlike Potter, Eli shows signs of having a moral compass. Eli is a tough guy but seems to have been thoroughly (and properly, it seems to me) disgusted by the drug sting against Juice that Potter pressured him into carrying out.
post #557 of 1240 Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Sutter speaks his mind (in his usual crass, humorous way) about Directv.

I look forward to seeing how much of it they air prior to tonights episode, and am also ready to spend the money to buy whatever remaining episodes are left on Amazon Video on Demand if a deal cant be worked out. This is one of the few shows I'd do that for.
post #558 of 1240 Old 10-25-2011, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Stahl and now Potter have raised a question in my mind .. are their actions indicative of what really takes place on investigations of this type .. ??

NEVER trust the Po Po..even more so if you're doing something illegal. That's my take. I know too many Attorney's to do otherwise.

Peachtree City Golf Cart Rider
post #559 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Wow, big ending last night. I figured it would happen eventually but thought it would be later this season or next season.

As far as the heads in the bag, who were they supposed to be? Not the best special FX there.

I really hope DirecTV and Fox gets this crap worked out, otherwise I'll have to find a friends house to go watch the show.
post #560 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just off the hook last episode .. will the "good guys" win the season .. ?? Will Clay die a grisly death .. ?? Will Gemma survive .. ?? So far, this season is more than making up for the "baby chase" of last year ..

SOA is kicking some major butt ..

Uncle Willie

post #561 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

Wow, big ending last night. I figured it would happen eventually but thought it would be later this season or next season.

As far as the heads in the bag, who were they supposed to be? Not the best special FX there.

I really hope DirecTV and Fox gets this crap worked out, otherwise I'll have to find a friends house to go watch the show.

The heads were supposed to be of SOA Arizona chapter if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, they were not very recognizable.
post #562 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Exactly what my reaction was..WOW.. a few questions: doesn't Juice have the drug arrest to deal with? and also what was drawn in blood on the mirror? LC? great episode.. Wonder who the rat is and probably the heads go with the bodies..

post #563 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Glad to see Juice survived. Poor Piney, sorry to see him go but you had to know it was coming. Interesting to see what will happen when the 2nd gen SOAs figure out that Clay did the deed.

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #564 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

There is always Amazon, you can get it the next day for $2.
post #565 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Glad to see Juice survived. Poor Piney, sorry to see him go but you had to know it was coming. Interesting to see what will happen when the 2nd gen SOAs figure out that Clay did the deed.

From next week's preview Gemma suspects Clay of killing Piney. I don't know how the series can go on one more year with what has happened so far.

Art
post #566 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

With Piney being close to my own age, I really liked his character .. I guess I hoped Clay would have some dignity left as well as some loyalty to Piney being the last of the original 9 besides Clay ..

I hope Opie finds out and exacts some gruesome revenge ..

The storyline this season for some reason reminds me of "Breaking Bad" in a way ..

Uncle Willie

post #567 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

From next week's preview Gemma suspects Clay of killing Piney. I don't know how the series can go on one more year with what has happened so far.

Art

For me it is rather I don't know how Clay can go on one more year with what has happened so far. They better kill him off at the end of the season.
post #568 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohotos View Post

For me it is rather I don't know how Clay can go on one more year with what has happened so far. They better kill him off at the end of the season.

Clay's gotta go, but that a series finish, not a season one, IMO. And there's only person who can/should do it, and we all know who that is.
post #569 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

Interesting to see what will happen when the 2nd gen SOAs figure out that Clay did the deed.

None of these guys are rocket scientists, but you'd think that with the recent attempt for a vote and Piney's known opinion on the subject - Clay would be a suspect. Certainly those folks in the know about the letters will suspect him.

Kind of surprising that Clay didn't burn the place down, those letters could still turn up.
post #570 of 1240 Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Show's gotten a little rough around the edges to me.

Peachtree City Golf Cart Rider
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page