Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #631 of 1240 Old 11-09-2011, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
What an episode! 4 more left, original order of 13 episodes was just upped by one to complete this season's story lines. Last episode of the season is now December 6. Next week is a 90 minute episode, can't wait.

I have my ideas on how things will shake out for the rest of this season. I'm not convinced Clay will be killed but I'm sure he won't at least be able to ride again therefore ending his membership in the club. Kind of a hand for a hand. Jax will be staying now, not that I ever expected he would leave, and we'll see what direction the club goes next year. I think they'll be out of the drug running business though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1240 Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 209
It's always impressive to see how thoroughly a man can screw himself up. Clay's downward spiral continues unabated. The only question is where the bottom lies.
post #633 of 1240 Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

Jax will be staying now, not that I ever expected he would leave, and we'll see what direction the club goes next year. I think they'll be out of the drug running business though.

Exactly. With Tara's hand being toast, he has to be the breadwinner now. Although, that could change down the road, if the nerves regenerate.

Glad to see I was right about Gemma not being all in with Clay. Underneath it all, she knows Tara is good for Jax. The bigger question, for me, isn't if/when Clay gets it....but how they get out of the cartel/legal bind they are in. Gotta believe the local sheriff will side with the club in the end.

Can't wait!

Art
post #634 of 1240 Old 11-09-2011, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post

What an episode last night!! Tara situation, Juices dilemma, Jacks admission to Opie, Clay and Jemma smack down. How can this show have another season when it is obvious now that Clay will be gone?

Jax will take over the reigns and have to carry the load from there on out - unless Sutter writes himself off of death row and takes over.

Hopefully it'll work out since there are likely 3 seasons to follow.
post #635 of 1240 Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Another great episode, Gemma took some beating, I like her whipping out her gun. Surprised that nobody questioned why Piney hasn't been seen in a while. Lies,lies and more lies by Clay.

post #636 of 1240 Old 11-09-2011, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'd love to see a crossover one shot of Clay & Don Draper sitting in a coffee shop booth swapping stories.
post #637 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Wow! I hate to speculate what's going to happen because they love to throw us curve balls and surprises. Jax will definitely stay if Tara is out of the picture. I'm not sure she'll do a complete flip flop and be content to be just an "old lady" because of the bum hand. If she escapes the cartel the same push-pull could go on. Clay? How can he still be around next season? Opie? Will the truth of Piney come out? And I imagine the sheriff will have something to do with the downfall of the Fed agent.
larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #638 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Well, I guess we know which side Gemma came down on now. Not surprised in the least, once you threaten the grandkids and their momma all hell's gonna break loose.

I think Clay's a dead man by the end of this season, or at the least exiled far away. It will be interesting to see Jax in charge for a while, just to see how far he can reform things. But that could be boring.
post #639 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 06:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

You are correct. I'm sure that was just a BF by gswat. And I didn' know until recently that Gemma and Otto are married in real life. I'd love to see Ed O'Neil make a guest appearance on the show as a character named Al just to hear Gemma say "Oh, Al...".

Quote:

Wow! I hate to speculate what's going to happen because they love to throw us curve balls and surprises. Jax will definitely stay if Tara is out of the picture. I'm not sure she'll do a complete flip flop and be content to be just an "old lady" because of the bum hand. If she escapes the cartel the same push-pull could go on. Clay? How can he still be around next season? Opie? Will the truth of Piney come out? And I imagine the sheriff will have something to do with the downfall of the Fed agent.

First, you are right, I confused Katey Sagal, the costar of Sons of Anarchy, with her younger sister, Liz Sagal, who is a writer and coproducer of the show. They have another sister, Jean, who is Liz's twin. It's hard to tell which Sagal girl is which without a scorecard.

This week's episode nearly wore me out. Boy, was it tense! The scene in the hospital with Tara anguishing over her "dead hand" that ended with her screaming at Jax to "Go, go, go, go!" was heartbreaking. Gemma's vicious beating at Clay's hands wasn't chopped liver, either. Also, I could not help but notice the remarkable similarity between the way Gemma is manipulating Unser into killing Clay for her and the way she manipulated Clay into killing John Teller for her all those years ago. Brrr!

I agree that we simply can't predict in advance how all of the threads to this deliciously convoluted show will play out.
post #640 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Incredible TV .. maybe actually better than Breaking Bad this season .. or at least as good ..

I thought Gemma said a Son needed to kill Clay .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #641 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 07:27 AM

Since the Feds will only snag the Sons that are present at the Irish gun deal, I'm guessing that somehow the Sheriff will feel compelled to let Jax know that and he'll orchestrate exactly who is present - including Clay.
post #642 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Incredible TV .. maybe actually better than Breaking Bad this season .. or at least as good ..

She did, and it's been my contention all along that the only (satisfying) solution would be for Jax to kill Clay. The question is: will it be this season or next?
post #643 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

Since the Feds will only snag the Sons that are present at the Irish gun deal, I'm guessing that somehow the Sheriff will feel compelled to let Jax know that and he'll orchestrate exactly who is present - including Clay.

Hmmm ... I like this.
post #644 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

She did, and it's been my contention all along that the only (satisfying) solution would be for Jax to kill Clay. The question is: will it be this season or next?

I think you guys may be on to something. The only weakness in the plan is that Gemma would probably have to give John Teller's letters to Jax and I presume that would reveal Gemma's complicity in John's death. Anyway, I can hardly wait to see the last two episodes of the season and learn how the stage will be set for next season. I have a feeling that the nefarious Assistant USDA, Lincoln Potter, won't get his until next season but nevertheless suspect we will see him end up in a way he won't like.
post #645 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 08:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:

Based on the assumption that anything which comes out of the mouth of The Fed is the truth.
post #646 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

That's a possibility. So let's see, I've seen several possibilities thrown out for Clay's demise, which is more likely:
1. Sheriff tips off Jax about the bust and he makes sure Clay is there
2. "A hand for a hand". After Jax finds out about Clay he exacts revenge for Tara by cutting off one or both of Clay's hands.
3. Jax kills Clay (I'm sure it will be in some creative surprising way)
4. Opie takes care of business for Clay killing his old man and his old lady
5. Gemma offs him
6. Clay lives

I'm sure there's plenty more theories out there. Out of the one's I listed my guess is either Jax kills Clay or cuts off his hand/s.
post #647 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 08:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Good possibilities .. I think it's a long shot by far that Clay will live .. the jig is up, so to speak ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #648 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I think you guys may be on to something. The only weakness in the plan is that Gemma would probably have to give John Teller's letters to Jax and I presume that would reveal Gemma's complicity in John's death. Anyway, I can hardly wait to see the last two episodes of the season and learn how the stage will be set for next season. I have a feeling that the nefarious Assistant USDA, Lincoln Potter, won't get his until next season but nevertheless suspect we will see him end up in a way he won't like.

I don't think the letters are essential .. the hit on Tara and the murder of John Teller as well as Pineys murder would be more than enough .. I don't think Gemma wants to cough up the letters .. although Tara knows the deal as well ..

Potter is a great character .. he's kind of a slime, yet somehow likeable at the same time .. the weird leather jacket just adds something as well ..

Next episode is an hour and a half ... ??

I don't know how it can get any better this season .. I was jumping out of the recliner last night ..

Uncle Willie

post #649 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Hmmm ... I like this.

Good idea by CPanther but him going to jail is letting him off too easy. And if Jax knows what Clay did, I think he'd feel the same way - not to mention Opie.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #650 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good idea by CPanther but him going to jail is letting him off too easy. And if Jax knows what Clay did, I think he'd feel the same way - not to mention Opie.

larry

Oh no, not jail. I'm thinking things go badly, there's a fire fight and Clay goes down for good. Jax orchestrates Clay's being there, but doesn't get his hands dirty.

Unless ... Clay's going to jail further complicates his relationship with Jax (and Gemma), heightens the already considerable animosity and we have the start to Season 5.

Or maybe not ...
post #651 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:

larry

I agree - especially with everything we've seen so far in the show and previews.

But I just don't know how confident they are to risk losing Ron Perlman permanently this early in the series.
post #652 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I agree - especially with everything we've seen so far in the show and previews.

But I just don't know how confident they are to risk losing Ron Perlman permanently this early in the series.

Thus the "Hand for a Hand" theory. They could keep Perlman on that way and he can join masturbator guy with the hand problems.
post #653 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:

That's the crux. If he goes this season, what happens next season? And what about later seasons if what you said earlier is correct? But then how can he realistically stay around with everybody he's pissed off? Maybe he'll bolt and the show will partly center around chasing him down. How else can he stay around? (besides being Chucky's lackey ... )

larry

post #654 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scott View Post

Thus the "Hand for a Hand" theory. They could keep Perlman on that way and he can join masturbator guy with the hand problems.

I came up with that theory based on the scene from a few weeks ago when Jax threatened Clay with something along the lines of smashing every bone in his arthritic hands if he spoke about Tara in a bad way again.
post #655 of 1240 Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Potter is a great character .. he's kind of a slime, yet somehow likeable at the same time .. the weird leather jacket just adds something as well ..

Next episode is an hour and a half ... ??

I don't know how it can get any better this season .. I was jumping out of the recliner last night ..

Yeah, Ray McKinnon as Lincoln Potter is about the best screen villan going these days. Sons of Anarchy's writers did just as good a job of creating a fed we love to hate in earlier seasons with the detestable DEA agent, June Stahl, wonderfully played by Ally Walker. I hope the writers can figure a way to finish off Potter that is even half as imaginative and satisfying as Stahl's demise was.

I, too, was jumping out of my skin watching this week's show. Even watching Jax and Tara, laughing and singing to the kids while driving down the road was intense, and the first scene with the gray haired motorcycle cop at the gas station had the hair standing up on the back of my neck. By the time the bad guys in the van showed up, I was exhausted.
post #656 of 1240 Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Clay either has to go on the lam or die .. I just don't see any way around it .. as Gemma said, "He can't be saved" ..

Uncle Willie

post #657 of 1240 Old 11-11-2011, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I haven't been staying up to date with the discussion here, but has it been commented upon that Tara's abductors were pretending to be Hispanic? The hitman was in the park watching the family picnic, though. It just seems odd that he would hire whites to pretend to be Hispanic to kidnap her. But, Romeo knew it was a botched attempt and gave Clay his refund. Could they have been DEA? I am starting to think that the Cartel itself may have a mole inside, perhaps Lincoln could be unaware. Wouldn't be the first time the government didn't know what one hand was doing???

What do you think?
post #658 of 1240 Old 11-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Well to be fair, that was a mistaken hit by Tig. But Clay is way beyond saving now, it's just a matter of time.

Right, wasn't Opie thinking of staying out of the club when he got out of prison and Tig was attempting to kill him? I think Ope referenced that with his conversation this week with Jax when informed that he wanted out.
post #659 of 1240 Old 11-11-2011, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post

I haven't been staying up to date with the discussion here, but has it been commented upon that Tara's abductors were pretending to be Hispanic? The hitman was in the park watching the family picnic, though. It just seems odd that he would hire whites to pretend to be Hispanic to kidnap her. But, Romeo knew it was a botched attempt and gave Clay his refund. Could they have been DEA? I am starting to think that the Cartel itself may have a mole inside, perhaps Lincoln could be unaware. Wouldn't be the first time the government didn't know what one hand was doing???

What do you think?

Or maybe Wayne, the old sheriff, arranged for her fake kidnapping after hearing Gemma tell him that Clay hired a hitman to kill Tara. The whole kidnapping seemed odd. Instead of taking her all they'd need to do is walk up and put a few bullets in her, much easier.
post #660 of 1240 Old 11-12-2011, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Agreed, the kidnapping instead of the hitman doing his job alone was odd, almost as if it was a completely separate act. And the kidnappers were trying to hide who they were. But that's not how Romeo played it out.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page