'Sons of Anarchy' on FX HD - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #721 of 1264 Old 11-25-2011, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I think it is about money. I think Gemma doesn't want Clay killed until the deal with the cartel is over. She will be broke otherwise. of course that assumes that Clay will still share with her but...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1264 Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

That's what I think. She's too shrewd. She's setting Clay up somehow.

I think Gemma wants Jax to kill Clay and manipulate it in a way that Jax stays on and runs the club.
post #723 of 1264 Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTV2TiVo View Post

I think it is about money. I think Gemma doesn't want Clay killed until the deal with the cartel is over. She will be broke otherwise. of course that assumes that Clay will still share with her but...

She has money in the safe Clay returned ( $30,000 ? ),the house and the business. Gemma wouldn't be broke if Clay dies.

But Gemma would lose power with Clay's death or if she leaves him. Power and respect (being treated like the Queen ) are very important to Gemma.
post #724 of 1264 Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1 View Post

She has money in the safe Clay returned ( $30,000 ? ),the house and the business. Gemma wouldn't be broke if Clay dies.

But Gemma would lose power with Clay's death or if she leaves him. Power and respect (being treated like the Queen ) are very important to Gemma.

30K is squat .. Clays motivation from the get go was retirement money and plenty of it .. and yes, Gemma values her position as much as anything .. and she's likely been that way since JT was killed off and she hooked up with Clay ..

The business is a front and an outlet to launder some money .. doubful that it makes any substantial profit ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #725 of 1264 Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 487
After all the posts about where Clay was hit by Opie's shots, I went back and watched the shooting again, this time using slow motion and stop frame. Clay was hit in the outside portion of his right chest, a few inches below his armpit. the other shot struck Clay's lower chest or upper abdomen, about halfway between the left edge of his body and its center. Blood spurted from both wounds so it seems to me that there was no chance Clay was wearing a vest. I also think that whether Clay survives is an open question. Come to think of it, that's probably just what the writers had in mind when they wrote the scene.
post #726 of 1264 Old 11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Tonight is the first part of the two-part Sons of Anarchy season finale. Just a reminder, in case you want the option to watch the finale as one complete episode-- I wish I had enough self-control to record it and watch together but I can't wait.

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #727 of 1264 Old 11-29-2011, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Larry: spoken like a true SOA fan.. I wish that all the commercials would be at the beginning of the show and then have 45 minutes of true mayhem..

post #728 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 AM
TJH

Liked: 10
Wow, what an episode, what a season it has been. Anyone else think that the season finale will be jax screaming NOOOOO! over Tara after she has been killed by a niners retaliation? This would guarantee jax taking his role as the president of the club and set up a vengeful and very changed Jax for next season. Unfortunately it could mean more air time for his ex-girlfriend.
I do not think Jax will deal with clay taras way. After all that has been revealed to Jax there has to be a confrontation between the two before he deals with clay. As much as I cant wait until next week it will be tough to see the end of this great season.
post #729 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 06:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

One of the most intense episodes of any TV show I've ever seen .. so many directions the plot could go .. Emmys all around IMO ..

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #730 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post

Wow, what an episode, what a season it has been. Anyone else think that the season finale will be jax screaming NOOOOO! over Tara after she has been killed by a niners retaliation?

Remember that the cartel still has a hit on Tara as well. Sadly, I think she's a goner. The only way Jax stays is if Tara is dead.

Art
post #731 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

One of the most intense episodes of any TV show I've ever seen .. so many directions the plot could go .. Emmys all around IMO ..

Exactly my thought. The scene where Gemma is telling all to Jax, WOW! If this show and those actors/actresses dont win an Emmy this year, I will be shocked.
post #732 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

TJH: how would this guarantee Jax as president? If Clay is still alive, its his club. Also can anyone answer why Gemma held back a few papers and told the sheriff " don't worry, we are safe?". Best episode ever, but next week should top it. Gemma to docs "just keep him alive", why, so we can kill him with an injection? Most used phrase, I promise!!

post #733 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 10:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

IMO, Gemma is playing both ends against the middle .. she wants to somehow insure she remains Queen, no matter who takes over if Clay is dead .. or, if Clay somehow lives, she remains Queen ..

I think the letters she removed were the ones that implicated her and Unser in JT's murder ..

Uncle Willie

post #734 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I really hope they don't punk out an keep Clay around for next season or use his death as a cliff hanger!
post #735 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Also can anyone answer why Gemma held back a few papers and told the sheriff " don't worry, we are safe?".

Quote:
I think the letters she removed were the ones that implicated her and Unser in JT's murder ..

That was my take on it too! It is also why Tara asked Gemma "how may letters did you leave out?"

Afro GT
post #736 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 12:27 PM
TJH

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

TJH: how would this guarantee Jax as president? If Clay is still alive, its his club. Also can anyone answer why Gemma held back a few papers and told the sheriff " don't worry, we are safe?". Best episode ever, but next week should top it. Gemma to docs "just keep him alive", why, so we can kill him with an injection? Most used phrase, I promise!!

I was taking it for granted that Jax was going to Kill Clay somehow and the fact that Tara would no longer be in the picture, he would be voted in as the new prez. Also if Jax doent get Clay Opie is still out there looking to finish the job. Cannot wait to see how the cartel/irish meeting, with the FBI ready to pounce, plays into the whole situation of who is around for next season.
post #737 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Good answer TJH, hope the writers see it that way. The big meeting is taking place on Indian property just like Opies wedding. Guess the Feds will make their move after everyone leaves the property. Either way it plays out, we are in for a great finale!!

post #738 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Looks to me like Jax is taking Clay's place in somewhat the same fashion as Clay became president, Tara is becoming Gemma and will take her place.
post #739 of 1264 Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scott View Post

I think Gemma wants Jax to kill Clay and manipulate it in a way that Jax stays on and runs the club.

Guess I called that one, but it wasn't too much of a stretch to begin with. Great episode this week. Is Tara a goner? Maybe that's too obvious, as the cartel and the Niners both will be after her it seems too easy to figure that one out. What was up with the inside info from the prison the cartel guy was feeding Jax? Bad info, a setup? Great season, lot's of twists and compelling stories to keep you guessing.
post #740 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 213
You have to believe that Tara's gone somehow (dead or leaves), because Jax ain't leaving. And I'm not 100% sure Clay will be dead next week either.

Should be a great finale.
post #741 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Looks to me like Jax is taking Clay's place in somewhat the same fashion as Clay became president, Tara is becoming Gemma and will take her place.

That's one possibility I didn't think about because of Tara's total disdain for Charming and club life. However, like I've said before, anything is possible on this show. Clay would be gone, but I guess they could make things interesting with Gemma still around.

I'm not going to speculate any more as to what happens but it would be very "different" to have SOA on next season without Clay.

Is the Fed going to make it into next season??

One thing that confused me is that when Jax talked to Romeo he said the Otto didn't give up any club members. I thought that was the whole intent of the Fed/Otto deal?? If the latter is true, what is Romeo up to?

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #742 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I doubt that every story line will be wrapped up in a nice little package Tuesday. Too much going on, there has to be some sort of cliffhanger heading into next season.
post #743 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yep, cliffhanger coming .. and I gave up speculation .. the twists and turns Sutter has taken with this season are pure genius .. the man is at the peak of his game ..

It would be great to see a 2 hour film at some point ..

Uncle Willie

post #744 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

IMO, Gemma is playing both ends against the middle .. she wants to somehow insure she remains Queen, no matter who takes over if Clay is dead .. or, if Clay somehow lives, she remains Queen ..

I see it that way, too. Gemma, as usual, is looking out for Number One. She wants Jax to kill Clay in hopes that Jax will then take over the club and thereby secure her power as the Queen Mother, even if she is no longer the Queen. Holy cow!

I also agree with the hypothesis that the letters Gemma removed from the stack were the ones implicating Gemma and Unser in John Teller's fatal "accident." It will be fascinating to see how Jax reacts when Tara tells him about it -- if she ever gets the chance. I can hardly wait for next week!
post #745 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I also agree with the hypothesis that the letters Gemma removed from the stack were the ones implicating Gemma and Unser in John Teller's fatal "accident." It will be fascinating to see how Jax reacts when Tara tells him about it -- if she ever gets the chance. I can hardly wait for next week!

Gemma told Wayne she removed those letters.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #746 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

One thing that confused me is that when Jax talked to Romeo he said the Otto didn't give up any club members. I thought that was the whole intent of the Fed/Otto deal?? If the latter is true, what is Romeo up to?

larry

I think Romeo said he didn't give up the club, which is true. He gave up Bobby, and maybe one other member, but not SOA.

Art
post #747 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

I think Romeo said he didn't give up the club, which is true. He gave up Bobby, and maybe one other member, but not SOA.

Art

Giving up Bobby = RICO case = Giving up the club
post #748 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

Gemma told Wayne she removed those letters.

I remember what Gemma said to Unser. My post was not meant to imply that there was any question about it. We agree that there was not.
post #749 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 213
But we don't know exactly what's in those letters other than what they hinted at, right?
post #750 of 1264 Old 12-01-2011, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

But we don't know exactly what's in those letters other than what they hinted at, right?

I don't think it was ever stated explicitly, but they definitely point to Gemma's and Unser's complicity in JT's murder.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page